Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I very much doubt that. If this was for a product that was shipping right now, we might be OK. But since it's a preorder they've got a couple of months to cancel all of these orders, which is almost certainly what will happen.
It's likely to be canceled. However, if you ordered a starter set and got the toy box set for free, I think you'll get it. Those who got the Spiderman playset as their free "figure" didn't get canceled. That's why I ordered it both ways.

Would this game be any fun for a 28 year old dude? Tempted to buy it, but dunno if it's anything more than just a kids game.

Just picked up the 30 dollar starter pack at target this past weekend. I was also on the fence about it for some time, but that 30 dollar entry price was a great way to try it out and see if I enjoyed it.

I'm 27. Not the biggest disney fan, but I worked in Florida for a bit for the mouse and have been raised together with the movies and all of that...

I think the biggest sell point for me is the toy box right now. (Lol even though it seems to be disliked by a lot of people in here...) I don't do much collecting, apart from my game collection, and I haven't bought toys of any kind since my youth, but I spent a lot of time creating my own stories, scenarios and instances with my ninja turtles or transformers interacting with each other in my imagination. The toy box really brought me back to those moments and brought them to life right in front of my eyes.

If you're into exploring or experimenting with an extensive list of circumstances and items, I think it can be right up your alley. However, and this part's fairly obvious, to experience the 'full' extent of the game, you do need all of the characters, and that can get pretty pricey.

3 days in, I bought the Sidekick pack and the Lone Ranger set. Lol It can be pretty dangerously addictive.

Edit: Anyone on Long Island, seems like the TRU near Green Acres in Valley Stream price matches third party amazon seller prices unknowingly. Lol Maybe the employee at the game section that wasn't very knowledgable about the policies, but he was pretty nice and I managed to get both of the sets for a few bucks over 40$ after tax. C= Hope that helps someone in heree, the way I've been helped and informed by you all~

I was all for the books too. But looking at it now, I would've been better off getting the capsules to begin with. They're just easier to manage than the clunky book. 

Now, if the book had a description of what each disc did? Yeah, I'd miss them. 

I was all for the books too. But looking at it now, I would've been better off getting the capsules to begin with. They're just easier to manage than the clunky book.

Now, if the book had a description of what each disc did? Yeah, I'd miss them.
Really? I have one capsule that we are using for series 3 discs and I find it to be extremely awkward to use.

[quote name="VexxedCS" post="12024257" timestamp="1408553427"]The GotG playset isn't out at launch? Balls... According to that, the only single pack figures at launch will be Cap, Fury, Hawkeye, Venom, and Iron Fist? With Spider-man and Nova in the only playset... that seems like a weak launch. [/quote]

Nah- that article still lists Guardians as a 'rumored' play set. I think the retailers know what is shipping in less than 5 weeks: Avengers & figs, Spider-man play set & figs, Guardians play set & figs. Next wave Disney originals (& probably villains Loki, etc) on Nov 4

Nah- that article still lists Guardians as a 'rumored' play set. I think the retailers know what is shipping in less than 5 weeks: Avengers & figs, Spider-man play set & figs, Guardians play set & figs. Next wave Disney originals (& probably villains Loki, etc) on Nov 4
Ah, okay. I see Amazon has GotG listed for 9/23. Nice.

Is there any reason why the characters are listed at $14.99 each at Gamestop? I have a gift card for there I want to use.

Frys has series 3 power discs at $1.99 each. They are marked $4.99 and are by the checkout registers. I had them check the price and sure enough $1.99/ea.

I don't much care for those capsules, the albums were much nicer.

But unfortunately they don't make the albums anymore...so capsule it is!
Been busy so I haven't noticed if anyone has posted the regular series 1 and 2 books are $7 at amazon. $7 on clearance at BB as well. Same for the tube. Some other accessories are on clearance at BB and matched at Amazon as well like the figure case 3 packs and some bookbag kind of thing. On mobile, best I can do for now.

So guys, the wii u version is now a free download on the eshop... Still need a base and such, but thal mean I could go get a ps3 starter set and then just use the base in the wii u and ps3 for trophies correct?

It usually is available, but isn't currently. Not sure why. Saw this happen with Destiny and the option showed up a couple days later.
Thanks man!

Edit- Haha now its no longer available. Fudge!

Edit- NVM system hiccup

So guys, the wii u version is now a free download on the eshop... Still need a base and such, but thal mean I could go get a ps3 starter set and then just use the base in the wii u and ps3 for trophies correct?
Exactly. The base, figures, and power discs are all able to be used between any version of the game. The actual software is the only thing that's system specific.

Sorry guys, but looking at all the stuff you can buy for DI...how much money have some of you thrown at this  :shock: ? I was looking at the OP to see if it had some sort of description of what to expect, but dangs...figures plus power discs and what not. Are the power discs required or wth.

Sorry for the noobish comment btw

You would be correct.

Sorry guys, but looking at all the stuff you can buy for DI...how much money have some of you thrown at this :shock: ?
At the risk of my sanity, I'd rather not think about it.

I guess it could be good if you are upgrading from a Wii to a Wii U.
This is actually the exact reason why it was released.

Glendale, CA – August 21, 2014 – Disney Interactive is giving Disney Infinity (1.0 Edition) Wii gamers the chance to upgrade their play experience to Wii U free of charge, exclusively through the Nintendo eShop. Starting today, fans who own the Disney Infinity Starter Pack on Wii can download the Wii U version of the game from the Nintendo eShop, complete with multiplayer. The Disney Infinity base and figures are required to play on Wii U once downloaded.

The Wii U version of Disney Infinity utilizes the Wii U GamePad to create worlds in the Toy Box and share them online. Activate missions and unlock toys in Play Sets to discover Monsters University, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Incredibles in high definition. Play as Sulley in his early student days in the world of Monsters University, plunge into adventure as Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean, and activate the powers of Mr. Incredible on a quest to save the world from Syndrome and his super villains in The Incredibles Play Set.

“Disney Infinity launched one year ago, and in that time the number of Wii U players has significantly expanded,” said John Blackburn, Vice President and General Manager of Avalanche Software. “Given our commitment to compatibility for our players, we wanted existing Wii owners to be able to experience the Wii U version of the first game for free. With the upcoming launch of the 2.0 Edition of Disney Infinity we want all Nintendo players to experience the game’s Wii U functionality.”

Sorry guys, but looking at all the stuff you can buy for DI...how much money have some of you thrown at this :shock: ? I was looking at the OP to see if it had some sort of description of what to expect, but dangs...figures plus power discs and what not. Are the power discs required or wth.

No, power discs aren't required. They are just for extra stuff. I've got a few hundred already invested in 2.0 on preorders. I had like 10 PS4 games paid off at GameStop with trade credit and just switched it to this though because my son HAD to have it after he saw the Guardians were gonna be released.

I've got the Starter Pack, all the Avengers figures, all the Ultimate Spiderman figures, and all the Guardians preordered. Gonna preorder Loki, Green Goblin, and Ronan the Accuser when those finally get put into the GS system.

I got the Disney Infinity Starter Kit through the AWD thread for less than $10 when a bunch of pricing mistakes were up. I sold all the cheap stuff I got but kept this game and am somewhat enjoying the pirates playset. I also bought Davey Jones in addition to the starter kit.

Do you guys suggest any certain purchases? Any figures worth purchasing more than others or accessories?

I got the Disney Infinity Starter Kit through the AWD thread for less than $10 when a bunch of pricing mistakes were up. I sold all the cheap stuff I got but kept this game and am somewhat enjoying the pirates playset. I also bought Davey Jones in addition to the starter kit.

Do you guys suggest any certain purchases? Any figures worth purchasing more than others or accessories?
Quite a few people enjoyed the Lone Ranger playset.

The Lone Ranger play set was indeed cool. Here's a few shots I snapped last year:

tumblr_mxu40lt5mF1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxu3reEC141rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxu31h9Y3k1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxu2y4Vaja1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

One of the nicer things about the Lone Ranger Play Set pack is that you get all the figures from the get-go, so you can open the big vault without any more purchases.

Thanks to sales and smart shopping, not to mention some flipping (especially that 4gb 360 glitch at BBY) I've spent very little to get my DI figures. Just this week I bought the starter set with the Target PM.

Thanks to sales and smart shopping, not to mention some flipping (especially that 4gb 360 glitch at BBY) I've spent very little to get my DI figures. Just this week I bought the starter set with the Target PM.
If everything goes to plan, I'm paying for all my 2.0 stuff with Gift Cards received via Swagbucks. Thank god /r/beermoney was a trending subreddit the other day, or I would have never known.

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll go towards the Lone Ranger playset.

Unfortunately that also means I have to go rent the film (heard bad things) because playing it without having seen the film would be odd.

Unfortunately that also means I have to go rent the film (heard bad things) because playing it without having seen the film would be odd.
I played/enjoyed it and still haven't seen the film.

Sorry guys, but looking at all the stuff you can buy for DI...how much money have some of you thrown at this :shock: ? I was looking at the OP to see if it had some sort of description of what to expect, but dangs...figures plus power discs and what not. Are the power discs required or wth.

You really don't need power discs at all in the first game, they are just little bonues/add-on items. It sounds like the game power discs in DI2 will be a little more useful. All you really need to experience the whole first game is the starter pack and the playsets. Some of us just like collecting stuff. :)

If you want to get started, take advantage of the $30 starter pack at Target right now, great deal.

Still need to play the Lone Ranger set. Sorta stalled out on DI during the Cars Playset. (BTW, avoid the Cars set).

As for the movie, it's not great but tolerable if you catch it on cable some day. That's how I saw it, flipping thru channels and found it.

If you happen to have Amazon Prime, just stream the first several episodes of the original 1949 TV series, that will give you plenty of Lone Ranger background.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DGXMW5O/

If everything goes to plan, I'm paying for all my 2.0 stuff with Gift Cards received via Swagbucks. Thank god /r/beermoney was a trending subreddit the other day, or I would have never known.
Explain in PM? I use swag bucks as well but I by the sounds of it you make more than I currently do...

Oh ok that's what I do as well, let my android run perk as well, but lately that keeps popping up asking me if I'm still watching...they're onto me.

Frys has series 3 power discs at $1.99 each. They are marked $4.99 and are by the checkout registers. I had them check the price and sure enough $1.99/ea.
Thanks for the tip. Went and picked up about 10 Series 3 packs and then had Best Buy price match two more Series 2 packs.

Thank you. Just picked up 20, gonna scan them in pack and return any duplicates. Sweet find.

Thank you. Just picked up 20, gonna scan them in pack and return any duplicates. Sweet find.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, please, but I thought those TRU packs were the only ones that gave definitive pieces based on their product number. Is this actually the case of the blind packs too?

Yes, they are all blind packs. But you can put the pieces on your base while they are still in package to see what discs are in it without opening the pack. That way you can return any dupes.

Alot of places around here (MD) stopped doing returns on them because word got out, so YMMV about being able to return them.  I'd clarify with the store before I walked out.

Alot of places around here (MD) stopped doing returns on them because word got out, so YMMV about being able to return them. I'd clarify with the store before I walked out.
They don't even carry the discs at a lot of stores I shop at here in TN. They definitely don't at the Target and K-Mart that I go to. They might still at Wal-Mart but I haven't been there in a while. The only store I know for sure that still has them is Toys R Us.

bread's done
Back