Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, people are really that cheap? Might as well just steal stuff.
Blind packs are the worst. Have so many useless duplicates until some one told me just to scan them in packs. Am I cheap? probably. Am I a cheapassgamer?... absolutely ;). Plus I really wish they would just sell them in one single set like the series 2 target pack that was available for such a short time.

Blind packs are the worst. Have so many useless duplicates until some one told me just to scan them in packs. Am I cheap? probably. Am I a cheapassgamer?... absolutely ;). Plus I really wish they would just sell them in one single set like the series 2 target pack that was available for such a short time.
Eh, for 2.0 I'm gonna buy probably 10 packs and just trade from there. I'm in a few Facebook groups that are great for that kind of thing.

Good idea. Used to check the trade thread in here, but it wasn't that active. But that may have been cause I got the game later on and most had already completed their sets by then.

Good idea. Used to check the trade thread in here, but it wasn't that active. But that may have been cause I got the game later on and most had already completed their sets by then.
This is pretty much where I am right now... Lol

I don't know how I feel about the power discs, but that scanning blind packs trick definitely gives me a little more incentive to throw my money away to Disney.

The Lone Ranger play set was indeed cool. Here's a few shots I snapped last year:
tumblr_mxu40lt5mF1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mxu3reEC141rwjiixo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mxu31h9Y3k1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mxu2y4Vaja1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg
One of the nicer things about the Lone Ranger Play Set pack is that you get all the figures from the get-go, so you can open the big vault without any more purchases.
Those surroundings remind a bit too much of the toy box mode from the Toy Story 3 game

What do you mean by scanning in them packs?

I purchased Disney Infinity for the ps3 last year but we didn't play it much for some reason. The free digital copy that came out yesterday changed this for sure lol

What do you mean by scanning in them packs?

I purchased Disney Infinity for the ps3 last year but we didn't play it much for some reason. The free digital copy that came out yesterday changed this for sure lol
You just sit the disc on top of the portal while you're playing the game and it's still in the pack. Flip it over and check the other disc. That way you can see what discs are there before opening.

Sweet! And I noticed the Guardians playset is one of the free figures! Making the total cost of the whole packages equal $156 if you bought it all separate.

I think that base is worth $25 or so, no? 

Unreal

I now have three different DI 2.0 sets on order with Best Buy using my Gamers Club Unlocked

1.  PS3 DI 2.0 Regular Edition with free Spiderman Playset - $64 - ordered on June sale

2.  PS4 DI Originals - $0 (Not cancelled yet) - ordered this week 

3.  PS3 DI 2.0 C.E. with free Guardian Playset and Power Disc pack - $153 - ordered today

Hopefully can net around $60 for PS3 2.0 Regular edition making Spiderman playset about $4

Anyone want to buy a PS3 DI 2.0 Regular Edition?  LOL

I knew I should have jumped on that side kicks playset for $20 last week. Hoping to see another sale with villains or side kicks. Need to get those second characters to play the side adventures or whatever they are called.

Best Buy added a free figure promo to their collector's edition.. . AND you get a Power Disc pack!

Looks like you will have to cancel your previous order and re-order if you already have it pre-ordered.

NOTE: The picture on their site is wrong, and it's only showing the PS3 for now, but they have said they are getting it fixed!

Source: InfinityInquirer
I'm actually interested in this, but no PS4 version is listed for the bundle. I'd prefer to get this for PS4 over PS3...

If more people would post to the Best Buy Forum about the PS4 Marvel Superheroes Collector's Edition missing from the promo/bundle, then maybe they will fix it sooner.

What I don't understand is why have crap related to other Disney movies/characters if they don't have figures for them in the game? I mean I would LOVE to have Muppet figures for the game, but all they have is power discs related to The Muppets. I see they are going to have Power Discs associated with The Lion King in 2.0. I want a Simba figure, dammit!

Honestly I'd be happy if they quit making sequels for a while after the DI2 release and just started releasing playsets as DLC.  Unfortunately that probably will never happen since many parents don't understand DLC at all, or don't have the console online.

Honestly I'd be happy if they quit making sequels for a while after the DI2 release and just started releasing playsets as DLC. Unfortunately that probably will never happen since many parents don't understand DLC at all, or don't have the console online.
I agree. Work on building more playsets with the characters that have already been released as well as produce other characters for the playsets that currently exist. They could release updates to allow the new characters and playsets to appear in the current version of DI at the time.

Would this game be any fun for a 28 year old dude? Tempted to buy it, but dunno if it's anything more than just a kids game.
That really depends on you. I just turned 28, but I am always told I am like a kid. Which is probably why enjoy these types of games. Granted, I have yet to open my original DI and playsets (haven't had a chance to play them because of time constraints), but I have already pre-ordered the new starter kits.

You could always go to a retailer that has the DI on display to try it out and see if you like it. I believe most of my local Best Buys still have the display up right next to the DI stand.

Interesting. It works to check out if you use a gift card with $0 on it...

Seriously, you apparently don't read this thread, haven't read this thread, and aren't getting the drift of not talking too much about it so that it flies under the radar and isn't cancelled.... JEEBUS. You aren't an explorer, it's been known for a week or so... but we've all got our fingers crossed it doesn't get fixed.

Cool. Lone Ranger it is. That's what I heard, but I wanted an unbiased opinion. My gf loves johnny depp.
Did they really use him to voice the character in the game? I like it a lot more when they use original voice actors over imitators. I haven't played the Pirates play set in my starter pack yet either.

Did they really use him to voice the character in the game? I like it a lot more when they use original voice actors over imitators. I haven't played the Pirates play set in my starter pack yet either.
About 75% of the original voice actors appear in Disney Infinity, I would imagine basically the expensive voice actors don't appear, but everybody else is in there.

Is there any graphical difference between the ps3 and ps4 versions?
I assume you're talking about 2.0... The major difference would probably be faster load times, maybe a more stable framerate? The art style wouldn't really make use of the PS4's horsepower.

Is there any graphical difference between the ps3 and ps4 versions?
No one knows for sure yet, but it's safe to assume the PS4 will have a higher frame rate both in single and multi player. It has been confirmed that toy boxes on PS4 can be more complicated than on the PS3 due to the generous amount of extra RAM present on current-gen consoles.

I only ever played the 3 original sets. I liked Pirates the best out of those 3 with Monsters Inc second. Just never could get much more into it than those first 3 sets.

bread's done
Back