Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Which of the upcoming figures are you guys most excited for? Personally, I'm looking forward to Spider-Man, Venom, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot the most.
Definitely Venom. Too bad there's no Spider-woman, she was fun in Ultimate Alliance. If Merida has her bow that'll be cool, that Brave game on 360 was actually pretty decent.

Which of the upcoming figures are you guys most excited for? Personally, I'm looking forward to Spider-Man, Venom, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot the most.
I'm looking forward to using all of them (besides the GotG characters until I see the movie) but especially Hawkeye, Hulk, Loki, Spiderman and Venom. Can't wait for September 23rd! :D

Best Buy is offering the collector's edition of 2.0 with GotG as the free playset (exactly like Spiderman set earlier). I know some people have called to get the PS4 version with this deal as well.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat340200050020&type=category

My question, any chance a deal like this is available in store? The last time I did a trade the clerk left off my 10% GCU bonus and to "make it right" the manager gave me a 10% gaming coupon for my next purchase. I would love to pay in store to take advantage of a free playset plus GCU + the 10% off coupon. Thanks.

Best Buy is offering the collector's edition of 2.0 with GotG as the free playset (exactly like Spiderman set earlier). I know some people have called to get the PS4 version with this deal as well.

My question, any chance a deal like this is available in store? The last time I did a trade the clerk left off my 10% GCU bonus and to "make it right" the manager gave me a 10% gaming coupon for my next purchase. I would love to pay in store to take advantage of a free playset plus GCU + the 10% off coupon. Thanks.
Am I missing something or wouldn't it still be cheaper to get the regular starter set and the figures separately? The hulk comes out a month, later from what I've read.

I would try return/rebuy method.

Yes, it is cheaper to get them separately but I can get the collectors base for less than $40 difference this way.

Am I missing something or wouldn't it still be cheaper to get the regular starter set and the figures separately? The hulk comes out a month, later from what I've read.

Educate me on this method please.
I'm not sure it would work with the situation the other poster is describing.

Basically, return/rebuy - in this context:

Buy the Game CE + Free Set online

Buy the Game CE w/ coupon in-store

Return either Game CE the store with the Online Receipt

In theory, if this worked, you'd get the Free Playset (from Online) at the discounted/coupon price In-Store.

However, BBY may account for the loss of the free item by reducing your refund/return to account for the free Playset.

*This assumes there's no free playset Day of Sale in-store.

Okay, haven't checked into this thread in a bit...

The options for 2.0 starters are the Marvel campaign set, and the Merida/Stitch set with the game and base, right? Is there any cheaper way to get just the game itself?

Where do you see free playset? All I see is a free figure/disk

Has anyone called in to get the promo/bundle for the PS4 Disney Infinity Marvel Superheroes Collector's Edition? If so, did they get it to work over the phone? It seems hoofrog stated this. Would like more details though.

I don't understand the appeal of the CE at all - it seems to me that you just pay a bunch of extra money for a display stand.  But different strokes I guess.

I don't understand the appeal of the CE at all - it seems to me that you just pay a bunch of extra money for a display stand. But different strokes I guess.
Yeah the price on that thing is disgusting. I'll be buying the regular version, 2 playsets, and 1 extra figure and still come out cheaper than the CE + free GotG set. I just can't justify it for the stand, cool as it may look. I'll pick up the other 3 avengers during a b2g1 or something...

What are the odds Walmart has a stealth sale on the playsets like they did with the first game's launch? That would be pretty awesome.

I had very little knowledge of Infinity 1.0 until I walked into Target the day it came out (the day after my son's birthday). B1G1 1/2 off sales and the like and I ended up picking up 1 of everything. Can't wait until the ads come out for the week 2.0 drops.

Who the hell told them!? Not that they couldn't have found out, but i smell a rat... :shame:
Looks like the person who posted in on SD also has a profile here as well so more then likely they didn't find it out themselves, but who knows. I'm sure BB will realize the mistake sooner then later now.

Well, hopefully they at least give out $10 reward certificates when they cancel all of the pre-orders. It'd basically be a free figure and I'd definitely take that. :)

I should've checked this thread before posting a separate deal thread for the free box. I didn't know you guys were keeping it within this thread so my apologies. It was already on SD so I figured the cover was blown anyways.

I think everyone knew something like this was coming. I am honestly surprised that it was kept a secret for so long. No surprise that Best Buy took down the listing after it hit Slickdeals yesterday and now it's separate thread on CAG.

To be honest I was a little hopeful, I figured if it flew under the radar and only the people interested in actually getting the game (meaning only picking up one copy) got in on this, there could be a slight chance they would honor it like all the price glitches from last year. But now with resellers who have no interest in the game most likely having placed mass orders with just the free copy and no other content it definitely doesn't look so good for us anymore. Guess now all that is left to do is wait it out, still keeping my fingers crossed since there have been other pre-order glitches a few months from release that could have been fixed but were still honored.

Nice! I just scratched my way to finding Abu the Elephant rare disc. It's been a long time but I just got back into disc collecting. Looking forward to a really good sale that I could fill the gaps.

Dang, i could've hooked you up with an Abu. It's the only one I've got a dupe of. I bought a bunch of disks from a used media store the other day for $1.45 a piece. 

Scratch that, I forgot I traded that one back in to the store for the Muppet Car. Too many discs to keep up with!

I have some discs up for trade in the trade thread. Check the OP for the link.
Nice! I just scratched my way to finding Abu the Elephant rare disc. It's been a long time but I just got back into disc collecting. Looking forward to a really good sale that I could fill the gaps.

Does anybody have any tips on price matching?  They have DI series 1 and 2 discs priced at $1.99 on microsoftstore dot com but they are out of stock and series 3 is on frys dot com for $2.99 but only on sale in stores (no stores in FL where I am).  Every time I try price matching i'm told you have to have an advert and they are picky on where its from.  

bread's done
Back