Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry haven't been keeping up with 2.0 till now, so dumb question. So there are power discs this time that do more than add a vehicle, terrain, or a sky? There are ones that add playable content to the toy box?
Not a dumb question at all. The two discs that come with the Marvel Starter Pack open up the Attack on Asgard tower defense game, and the Escape from Kyln dungeon crawler-type game. The two discs that come with the Disney Toy Box Pack unlock Stitch's Tropical Rescue and Brave Forest Siege, and what type of mini-games those are is unknown at this point (I think?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

They won't be packed in with the power discs, but they will be sold outside of the starter packs (1 Marvel 2-disc pack, and 1 Disney 2-disc pack). When is yet to be determined.

Not a dumb question at all. The two discs that come with the Marvel Starter Pack open up the Attack on Asgard tower defense game, and the Escape from Kyln dungeon crawler-type game. The two discs that come with the Disney Toy Box Pack unlock Stitch's Tropical Rescue and Brave Forest Siege, and what type of mini-games those are is unknown at this point (I think?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

They won't be packed in with the power discs, but they will be sold outside of the starter packs (1 Marvel 2-disc pack, and 1 Disney 2-disc pack). When is yet to be determined.
I imagine there will eventually be a figure pack containing Iron Man and Black Widow with the Avengers Playset token and the two starter pack discs for those that are going digital or buying the Toy Box Starter Pack.

Im guessing that the Toy Box digital download will be pretty much just like buying the starter set without a disk right? I would buy the download for $20 even with buying the starter set just to not have to swap game disks all the time. 

I never purchased DI 1.0 so I own nothing as of now, but I'm looking into purchasing for xbox one. Are there any better deals than these that I'm not finding?

DI 2.0 Starter Pack

DI 2.0 Premium Value Pack

Not sure if I want to get the premium or the starter because my kids are pretty young so I dont how long it will hold their attention. Any recommendations?
There's nothing better right now and it looks like the sales are scarce for release. If you have Best Buy GCU, you can get about the same price as the Amazon deal, but you get to pick your figures. Other than that, Amazon is the best.

Looks like the collectors edition is just the retail packages for the starter kit and additional figures put in a MUCH, MUCH larger box.

Seriously that box is huge.

http://youtu.be/Va85GGfybUA

Looks like the collectors edition is just the retail packages for the starter kit and additional figures put in a MUCH, MUCH larger box.

Seriously that box is huge.
That's good news for someone wanting the base but wanting to play on another platform. You can sell off the stuff you don't want/need as new unlike a normal collector's edition.

i bought that from bestbuy = ) worth the price too!! as for the genie being dont know how to feel about that since he took his own life and cant voice the character anymore = ( great actor so sad he took his own life and yes i know what its like to be depressed i suffer from schizioeffective disorder. 

i bought that from bestbuy = ) worth the price too!! as for the genie being dont know how to feel about that since he took his own life and cant voice the character anymore = ( great actor so sad he took his own life and yes i know what its like to be depressed i suffer from schizioeffective disorder.
They wouldn't have Robin Williams do they in-game voice anyway. Too much money. Some of the voice actors for the first one were terrible, Woody from Toy Story if I recall correctly.

They wouldn't have Robin Williams do they in-game voice anyway. Too much money. Some of the voice actors for the first one were terrible, Woody from Toy Story if I recall correctly.
yeah indeed so they might not add him at all hell i rather see other chracters that havent be in games in years like the talesspin characters!

Robin Williams actually only voice Genie in Aladdin and Aladdin & the King of Thieves. He was voiced by different actors in Return of Jafar, the animated series and in the Kingdom Hearts games. It's likely he'd be voiced by someone different in DI as well.

Robin Williams actually only voice Genie in Aladdin and Aladdin & the King of Thieves. He was voiced by different actors in Return of Jafar, the animated series and in the Kingdom Hearts games. It's likely he'd be voiced by someone different in DI as well.
He was voiced by Dan Castellana (sp?) in Return of Jafar, the voice of Homer Simpson!

Do you think the 3 for $33 will be the best deal for figures we will see before Xmas? Do you think Best Buy will have a B2G1 free deal on them before the holiday?

My plan is:

WiiU starter set from Best Buy with a free figure-(Captain America)

Both playsets from Target to get 4 free packs of disks.

And hopefully somebody does a B2G1 free deal on figures and I hope it's Best Buy because I have GCU there. Would make 3 guys like $23 before tax.

Do you think the 3 for $33 will be the best deal for figures we will see before Xmas? Do you think Best Buy will have a B2G1 free deal on them before the holiday?

My plan is:

WiiU starter set from Best Buy with a free figure-(Captain America)

Both playsets from Target to get 4 free packs of disks.

And hopefully somebody does a B2G1 free deal on figures and I hope it's Best Buy because I have GCU there. Would make 3 guys like $23 before tax.
Black Friday, 11/28 will be your best day for Disney Infinity deals before Christmas.

There's nothing better right now and it looks like the sales are scarce for release. If you have Best Buy GCU, you can get about the same price as the Amazon deal, but you get to pick your figures. Other than that, Amazon is the best.
How do you pick your figures and how many do you get to choose from BB? All that I see is the ability to pick one free figure just like amazon

How do you pick your figures and how many do you get to choose from BB? All that I see is the ability to pick one free figure just like amazon
I just meant, if you have GCU, you can put the same items in your cart at BB.com and get around the same price. It's not a special deal. If you have GCU, you can put starter set, free figure, two figs of your choice and Spiderman playset for around the same price as the Amazon deal.

Crystal figures here I come!

Hopefully not too many people want them as I can't check Toys R Us until after work.
I'll be doing the same thing, hoping they'll still have some crystals on pegs on 2.0 launch day, want to get the 6 crystals I'm missing, 3 power disc packs and use my $10 off a purchase of $75 or more coupon I got in my e-mail, since I'm getting the Starter Pack from Best Buy.

Just remembered I have $15 in rewards from TRU so hopefully they still have some good 2.0 guys in-stock because I wont make it till Tuesday night,  also hoping Target still has both playsets in stock in the evening also.

Does anybody think or have a guess at what 2.0 guys might be harder to find? I am thinking Groot, Rocket, and the villians.

Are all Marvel 2.0 figures other than the Hulk going to be available at launch?

Just remembered I have $15 in rewards from TRU so hopefully they still have some good 2.0 guys in-stock because I wont make it till Tuesday night, also hoping Target still has both playsets in stock in the evening also.

Does anybody think or have a guess at what 2.0 guys might be harder to find? I am thinking Groot, Rocket, and the villians.

The Villains aren't going to be out until next year some time.

Just remembered I have $15 in rewards from TRU so hopefully they still have some good 2.0 guys in-stock because I wont make it till Tuesday night, also hoping Target still has both playsets in stock in the evening also.

On the Marvel side, Rocket & Groot will definitely be the hardest, likely the Anna & Elsa of 2.0, Venom might be pretty popular as well.

Dang, and I didn't think anybody would ever beat KMart's $12.99 price, which is what I bought it at.

I really regret not grabbing the two figures individually when Best Buy had it as their deal of the day. I'd love to keep them in their packaging.

I already have Phineas and the discs, but I might as well grab this set to pick up Perry. With GCU, it's cheaper than picking up Perry by himself, lol.

Dang, and I didn't think anybody would ever beat KMart's $12.99 price, which is what I bought it at.

I really regret not grabbing the two figures individually when Best Buy had it as their deal of the day. I'd love to keep them in their packaging.
Didn't Kmart have it for $8.99 at one point. Either way I think that's still a great price for two figures and power discs

Its OOS on BB.com but I just placed an order for it instore using the kiosk. I will basically pay 70% of the price with GCU and the movers coupon.
Its OOS on BB.com but I just placed an order for it instore using the kiosk. I will basically pay 70% of the price with GCU and the movers coupon.
How do you plan to use GCU and the movers coupon? I thought it was one or the other.

Fyi, just got an email that my preorder from bestbuy had its release date changed to tomorrow. Maybe some can snag early copies?

Fyi, just got an email that my preorder from bestbuy had its release date changed to tomorrow. Maybe some can snag early copies?
I just got the same email twice, one for the CE, one for the GotG playset. Hopefully I get the store pickup notice tomorrow!

Edit: one is for GotG, one is for the free power disc pack. Maybe they are releasing the add-ons early without the CE. That won't help much. :(

I have three preorders for DI 2.0 on BestBuy.com, all with in-store pickup. One is my CE copy for PS4, one is the Disney Originals starter for XB1, and the last one, just recently preordered for my nephew using my GCU is the XB1 Marvel Starter. I say all this because I just received an e-mail from Best Buy stating that my release date has changed to 9-19 for the most recent XB1 starter pack. What? I am hoping I get updated release dates on my CE copy as well. I would much rather have the weekend to play around than wait until after work Tuesday.

EDIT: I just got two more e-mails for my free GotG playset and free power discs, but none for my CE yet.

Do you think there will be any easy way to combine the free figure for preordering and B2G1 free with starter pack purchase at Best Buy? That way you end up with two free figures. Right now I have preorder for shipping with a free Captain America figure, but I still have time to cancel and replace one for in store pickup.

Got 3 emails this morning.  One for the Starter Kit, Groot, and the GotG playset.  Looks like we're getting it tomorrow.  My daughter will be psyched to have the weekend to play.

bread's done
Back