Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn, I pre-ordered in store so I didn't have to pay for it up front. Here's hoping they call me or something. They did when I pre-ordered Destiny, but only to invite me to the midnight launch. I did however get the Phineas deal last night with GCU. I wasn't planning on getting them, but for that price, why not?

I just got my "your order is ready for pickup" text. It shows ready for pickup online as well in my order.
Oh man, when I check the order status page, it says it's Ready for Pickup. I just got an email that it would be ready for pickup tomorrow, 9/19. Is anyone planning on making a trip this morning? It's kinda far for me to drive out and get shot down.

I had the Xbox 360 Starter kit and based on compatibility I'm screwed with Xbox One.

In order to ditch that platform, I have a Wii U, and plan on buying the Wii U Starter Kit to get the 2.0 version, since I believe the Wii U 1.0 game is free digitally.

I am hoping the disc/figures/playset crystal from the 360 will work on the Wii U.

My question is from past time generally how much do these starter kits drop in price near BF?  I have BB GCU but wasn't sure if I should just wait till BF.

I had the Xbox 360 Starter kit and based on compatibility I'm screwed with Xbox One.

In order to ditch that platform, I have a Wii U, and plan on buying the Wii U Starter Kit to get the 2.0 version, since I believe the Wii U 1.0 game is free digitally.

I am hoping the disc/figures/playset crystal from the 360 will work on the Wii U.

My question is from past time generally how much do these starter kits drop in price near BF? I have BB GCU but wasn't sure if I should just wait till BF.
You need to buy the disc for the platform you want to play on. All the discs, figures and playsets are compatible across all platforms. The 360 base is only good for the 360. The XB1 base only works on XB1. Now, the Wii, Wii U and PS3 base works with each other and the PS4. Hope that helps.

You need to buy the disc for the platform you want to play on. All the discs, figures and playsets are compatible across all platforms. The 360 base is only good for the 360. The XB1 base only works on XB1. Now, the Wii, Wii U and PS3 base works with each other and the PS4. Hope that helps.
Thanks yeah the Wii U is offering the Infinity 1.0 digital disc download so I guess I should just buy the Wii U pack.

Also got an email for the Xbox One starter kit and also a ready for pick up email already as well for tomorrow. Huh

Just called my Best Buy and they said the email popped up because it was scanned in the system since they just received them, but they wouldn't be able to sell anything until release date. Boo.

Side note: I was figuring out the deal between Amazon's Premium bundle and Best Buy's promotions. I've been backing Amazon's bundles since they released but I figured I'm going to get an extra figure on top of that. When I figured it all in, including BB's buy 2 get 1 free figure + their free pre order figure + the $10 RZ, you're getting pretty much the same deal exactly. You actually come out on top at Best Buy thanks to the $10 RZ cert. 

Just called my Best Buy and they said the email popped up because it was scanned in the system since they just received them, but they wouldn't be able to sell anything until release date. Boo.

Side note: I was figuring out the deal between Amazon's Premium bundle and Best Buy's promotions. I've been backing Amazon's bundles since they released but I figured I'm going to get an extra figure on top of that. When I figured it all in, including BB's buy 2 get 1 free figure + their free pre order figure + the $10 RZ, you're getting pretty much the same deal exactly. You actually come out on top at Best Buy thanks to the $10 RZ cert.
Sorry for my ignorance but what $10 RZ certificate?

I could've sworn it did qualify for a $10 RZ (Reward Zone) cert!

Also, I have all the stuff in my BB cart that comes in the Amazon bundle. Just refreshed it and it's almost all sold out!! Did the word of it being available for pick up tomorrow spread to slick deals or something?

Edit: Just checked. Yeah, no RZ cert. Guess I got excited and just assumed. Oh well, makes Amazon the best again (like it ever changed)

Also, I have all the stuff in my BB cart that comes in the Amazon bundle. Just refreshed it and it's almost all sold out!! Did the word of it being available for pick up tomorrow spread to slick deals or something?

Edit: Just checked. Yeah, no RZ cert. Guess I got excited and just assumed. Oh well, makes Amazon the best again (like it ever changed)
I think the Best Buy site is down right now. Trying to buy a movie and can't add it to the cart without it failing. Tried two different browers so not sure what is going on with them at the moment

Here is a like to Best Buy Forum with remaining Games which qualify for $10 Reward Zone Certs.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-quot-Get-10-quot-Gaming-Pre-Order-Offer/td-p/695766

Here's my question. A lot of us pre-ordered the starter kit from Best Buy with the Toy Box Pack for free. After we pick up the starter kit, are they able to cancel the Toy Box Pack? And if so, would they even give us just a single figure instead.

It might just be the Best Buy site being glitchy. I was having a lot of trouble checking out with an order last night. Someone mentioned in another thread that they updated the site earlier this week and it's been really unstable.

I also received an email that they changed the release date back to 9/23 and my order status page jumped from "Ready for Pickup" to "Preparing Order" :( It was probably a wasted trip to try to pick it up this morning but I wish I had tried...

Here's my question. A lot of us pre-ordered the starter kit from Best Buy with the Toy Box Pack for free. After we pick up the starter kit, are they able to cancel the Toy Box Pack? And if so, would they even give us just a single figure instead.
No one knows for sure, but I will be extremely upset if they ship my Marvel pack and then do not ship the PS4 Toy Box pack in November. In fact that could probably be called fraud, so hopefully they won't do that.

No one knows for sure, but I will be extremely upset if they ship my Marvel pack and then do not ship the PS4 Toy Box pack in November. In fact that could probably be called fraud, so hopefully they won't do that.
Same here, I went for that instead of the free figure at first since it was first posted as free with the starter pack and not just on it's own.

Hello all,

I am new to Infinity. My wife isn't much of a gamer but enjoys Lego games and Skylanders so we thought we would give it a try. I have 2.0 preordered but I am somewhat interested in picking up 1.0 but I've been waiting to score a deal.

I am in the unique position that I have all consoles. Does anyone know if the following will work to play Infinity 1.0 content?

2.0 PS4 Marvel Starter Pack
Free 1.0 Wii U Download or PC
Cheap 3DS copy of 1.0 (for figures, power discs, and playsets)

I can't seem to find a clearcut answer if the 3ds playset is the same as the console versions. Anyone know offhand?

I believe that's the literal definition of bait and switch. It's illegal.

If that happens, I will be furious.

Hot damn, just got e-mail saying my starter pack is ready for pickup in addition to e-mail for the two figures I got earlier this morning.

I figure there's a 50/50 chance of them actually giving it to me, but I'm gonna try. :p

I believe that's the literal definition of bait and switch. It's illegal.

If that happens, I will be furious.
Actually, it's not. There was no connection between buying the starter pack and the "free" toy box pack. Many people apparently just "bought" the free toy box pack without any starter pack. Bait and switch would be advertising that if you buy a starter pack, you get a toy box pack free. That was never the case.

Oof, nevermind. Here come the "We fucked up." e-mails.

I wonder if they'll give me a new order pickup/barcode sheet to use for Tuesday or if I'm expected to use the existing one.

Actually, it's not. There was no connection between buying the starter pack and the "free" toy box pack. Many people apparently just "bought" the free toy box pack without any starter pack. Bait and switch would be advertising that if you buy a starter pack, you get a toy box pack free. That was never the case.
This. Just because the system allows you to checkout with the item guarantees you nothing. In fact, the fine print on the website says they have the right to cancel any order, for any reason, at any time. and by using the website you agree to those terms.

Hello all,

I am new to Infinity. My wife isn't much of a gamer but enjoys Lego games and Skylanders so we thought we would give it a try. I have 2.0 preordered but I am somewhat interested in picking up 1.0 but I've been waiting to score a deal.

I am in the unique position that I have all consoles. Does anyone know if the following will work to play Infinity 1.0 content?

I can't seem to find a clearcut answer if the 3ds playset is the same as the console versions. Anyone know offhand?
All of that stuff will work together. The 3DS game is a steaming pile but the stuff that comes with it works on the base you'll get with the PS4 version of 2.0. Just don't mix in any 360 stuff and you'll be OK.

This. Just because the system allows you to checkout with the item guarantees you nothing. In fact, the fine print on the website says they have the right to cancel any order, for any reason, at any time. and by using the website you agree to those terms.
I would have no problem if Best Buy simply canceled my whole order. But if they ship me part of it and then cancel another part, I will be pissed.

Yes it was. When you went through the ordering process, it made it very clear that you were selecting a free item to go with your starter pack order, and the PS4 Toy Box pack was one of those free options. It's true that you could order it separately for free, but that was a different ordering process.

I would have no problem if Best Buy simply canceled my whole order. But if they ship me part of it and then cancel another part, I will be pissed.
Why? Getting the toy box for $0 was a glitch and you didn't need to order the starter set to get that pricing. They never promised you a free toy box pack if you bought the starter set. You took advantage of a glitch and if it works out fine. If it doesn't, that's the risk you took.

Hello all,

The base you get with the PS4 2.0 Starter Pack is compatible with the Wii U and the free digital download, so all you'll need is the figures/play sets from 1.0. I know they've said that Mr. Incredible/Jack Sparrow/Sully will be available as individual figures eventually, but the triple play set from the 1.0 Starter Pack won't be, so you'll have to hit eBay for that Incredibles/Pirates/MU play set piece. 3DS is not the same, I wouldn't both with it honestly.

The base you get with the PS4 2.0 Starter Pack is compatible with the Wii U and the free digital download, so all you'll need is the figures/play sets from 1.0. I know they've said that Mr. Incredible/Jack Sparrow/Sully will be available as individual figures eventually, but the triple play set from the 1.0 Starter Pack won't be, so you'll have to hit eBay for that Incredibles/Pirates/MU play set piece. 3DS is not the same, I wouldn't both with it honestly.
I thought the 3ds came with the triple play set. Is this not the case? It looks like it does from the video I saw.

The only reason I even consider it is because the cost of the 3ds version is only $27.99 at best buy. Factor in Gamer's club and for about $22 you get three figures, power discs, and the triple play set.

Now if it doesn't come with the triple play set, it may not be worth it.

Agree the game you get with the 3DS is not the same as you get some hybrid version and a different Portal. The key to the 3DS set is you get the three figures (Jack Sparrow, Mr. Incredible, and Sully) and the Playset piece. I just watched an unboxing and the playset piece is in the 3DS box

So buying a 2.0 version for Wii U, PS4, PS3 will get you the same portal that is compatible with the Wii U free download. Buying the 3DS version of 1.0 will get you everything else you need to get started.

Hope that helps

I thought the 3ds came with the triple play set. Is this not the case? It looks like it does from the video I saw.

The only reason I even consider it is because the cost of the 3ds version is only $27.99 at best buy. Factor in Gamer's club and for about $22 you get three figures, power discs, and the triple play set.

It does come with the piece. You should be all set

Incorrect, see my message above.
Are you sure you're not confusing the Guardians of the Galaxy or Spiderman playsets with the toy box? As far as I recall, the toy box was never offered as the freebie. People ordered it with the starter set to hide the fact that there was a glitch, but I never recall seeing it as a check box option included with a starter kit purchase.

Agree the game you get with the 3DS is not the same as you get some hybrid version and a different Portal. The key to the 3DS set is you get the three figures (Jack Sparrow, Mr. Incredible, and Sully) and the Playset piece. I just watched an unboxing and the playset piece is in the 3DS box

So buying a 2.0 version for Wii U, PS4, PS3 will get you the same portal that is compatible with the Wii U free download. Buying the 3DS version of 1.0 will get you everything else you need to get started.

Hope that helps
Looks like it does, sorry for my mistake on that, lol, you should be able to find some great deals around Black Friday as well, to catch up on figures, etc... Best Buy has Phineas & Agent P for $10.99 as a 2-pack right now.

Are you sure you're not confusing the Guardians of the Galaxy or Spiderman playsets with the toy box? As far as I recall, the toy box was never offered as the freebie. People ordered it with the starter set to hide the fact that there was a glitch, but I never recall seeing it as a check box option included with a starter kit purchase.
No, I am not confusing it. The PS4 Toy Box set was absolutely one of the check box options that you could select when purchasing a starter pack. In fact that was how people first found the deal/glitch - it was only discovered later that you could order that pack alone for free.

Looks like it does, sorry for my mistake on that, lol, you should be able to find some great deals around Black Friday as well, to catch up on figures, etc... Best Buy has Phineas & Agent P for $10.99 as a 2-pack right now.
Yes. Picked that up and the three $24.99 playsets which are $20 with GCU. Cars, Lone Ranger, and Toy Story.

It's still on the list today, in the "free figure" group toward the bottom, it just doesn't show up in the cart as $0.00 anymore.

Edit: wow, it's gone now. It was there a few hours ago though, it just didn't apply the promo when I added it to cart with a Marvel starter set.

Yes it was. When you went through the ordering process, it made it very clear that you were selecting a free item to go with your starter pack order, and the PS4 Toy Box pack was one of those free options. It's true that you could order it separately for free, but that was a different ordering process.
We are all in the same boat here as most of us (I believe) took advantage of this but lets call it what it is. It was a glitch. The intention was clearly to get a free figure with the preorder of a starter set. The option was there to get the toybox set for free but that does not imply consent by Best Buy in the slightest.

If it goes through, awesome. I will gladly take it. But lets not act like this was intended to be the case and there is any outrage to be had if it doesnt go through.

We are all in the same boat here as most of us (I believe) took advantage of this but lets call it what it is. It was a glitch. The intention was clearly to get a free figure with the preorder of a starter set. The option was there to get the toybox set for free but that does not imply consent by Best Buy in the slightest.

If it goes through, awesome. I will gladly take it. But lets not act like this was intended to be the case and there is any outrage to be had if it doesnt go through.
Of course it's a glitch. And as I said, I will have no problem with Best Buy if they simply cancel my whole order because of that. But if their ordering process promises I'm getting two items for a certain price, then they ship one item and don't ship the other, I have a big problem with that. If it happens I'll just return the original set (it will still be sealed since it's intended as a Christmas gift) for a refund. If they refused the return for any reason I would go as far as doing a credit card chargeback.

I'm just hoping that if they do decide to cancel the Toy Box Pack as the freebie that they give us a figure for free instead. 

I'm just going to leave my starter kit sealed. My PS4 is packed up right now because we are moving, so I won't get to play it for a while anyway. If they cancel my freebie, I'll just return it and wait for another deal.

My personal opinion is once they ship the base game, they are somewhat obligated to ship the rest. It's just not worth pissing off the customers at that point. Bestbuy is usually good about this.

bread's done
Back