Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Just completed the 1.0 figures. Are any of the 2.0 figures getting rare? Haven't gotten a single one yet.
I was just thinking the same thing since I've almost completed Marvel and still have to get most of the originals. I've still seen pretty much every 2.0 figure in store recently at stores, although I've noticed Hiro and Baymax have been harder to spot, but I think they've done a good job with restocks.

Hawkeye on sale for 4 hours at best buy. 6.50 with GCU
Poor Hawkeye, nobody likes him even in Infinity form.

Yeah I know this already about all the compatibility and everything . If I can find a cheap 1.0 base that works with Wii U I'll be able to play 1.0 on my Wii U (they gave the 1.0 game away for free digitally), and 2.0 on my X1. The problem for me with 2.0 is that all the playsets are Marvel and that doesnt really interest my daughter
I have a spare Infinity Base that I have kicking around (I say kicking around...it's actually still in the plastic wrap, unused) I can sell you for cheap that'll work on the Wii U. Shoot me a message if you're still interested.

Hey, i haven't played with him yet, but we picked up Hawkeye the other week and I reeeeeally dig him as a figure. I really like his stance and look.

I was just thinking the same thing since I've almost completed Marvel and still have to get most of the originals. I've still seen pretty much every 2.0 figure in store recently at stores, although I've noticed Hiro and Baymax have been harder to spot, but I think they've done a good job with restocks.
The only rare figures from 1.0 are Syndrome, Randy, and Violet. Mrs. Incredible would be rare, were it not for the triple pack they seem to have on sale a lot. Francesco is more difficult to find, but not nearly as rare as the other three. The rest are readily available (though getting scarcer and scarcer). 2.0 seems plentiful enough, but if there were to be rares, I imagine it would be ones where the demand isn't as high; characters like Yondu and Drax would be the most likely candidates.

The only rare figures from 1.0 are Syndrome, Randy, and Violet. Mrs. Incredible would be rare, were it not for the triple pack they seem to have on sale a lot. Francesco is more difficult to find, but not nearly as rare as the other three. The rest are readily available (though getting scarcer and scarcer). 2.0 seems plentiful enough, but if there were to be rares, I imagine it would be ones where the demand isn't as high; characters like Yondu and Drax would be the most likely candidates.
I just got Randy today from a discount store I go to regularly in NYC, they get a lot of Infinity and Skylanders figures for $5 each so that one was easy for me. I may go to Nintendo World so I can get Francesco since he's half price. I have one question though, regarding any of the Cars characters. Are they only used for races in the toy box mode or do they have any abilities of their own?

I just got Randy today from a discount store I go to regularly in NYC, they get a lot of Infinity and Skylanders figures for $5 each so that one was easy for me. I may go to Nintendo World so I can get Francesco since he's half price. I have one question though, regarding any of the Cars characters. Are they only used for races in the toy box mode or do they have any abilities of their own?
They're only driving skins, basically. Yep - even Mater and Franceso, whom you'd think would have a lot of differences, play exactly the same.

Well,I have completed all of my disc sets, 1.0 including TRU exclusives, and 2.0 Marvel and Originals including the new Marvel Rare two pack and Aladdin terrain and sky. Thanks to some great sales and trading hard to find disc for my final 4,my figures for 1.0 and 2.0 is complete. The only thing left for me to do is to buy the albums for all of the disc. I also still have plenty of good disc including rares to trade when 3.0 comes around.

I really recommend using FB trade groups if you want to finish off your collections. I just started this after Christmas when I got my kids the 2.0 Marvel starter pack and they enjoyed it so much. Now not even four months later not only am I finished with 2.0, but with 1.0 as well.

Target has a cartwheel for 25% off Infinity figures this week.

With price matching from Amazon you can find some for $7.50 or lower, which isn't the best pricing we've seen, but for some single figures it's not bad.  

Tomorrow I'm going to TRU to price match the Frozen set from Amazon along with my gift certificate to get it for $14.

Target has a cartwheel for 25% off Infinity figures this week.

With price matching from Amazon you can find some for $7.50 or lower, which isn't the best pricing we've seen, but for some single figures it's not bad.
I'll definitely try for that, but my Target only has 2.0 figures. I can at least get started on building that collection.

finally! i completed marvels and di 2.0 characters couple weeks ago. thanks to target bogo free ad and bestbuy all figures on sale $9.99 each. i lucky to have bestbuy price match bogo free. got 3 figures under $17.50 after taxes. i scored 15 figures from 2 stores :) possible new version coming out this november!

finally! i completed marvels and di 2.0 characters couple weeks ago. thanks to target bogo free ad and bestbuy all figures on sale $9.99 each. i lucky to have bestbuy price match bogo free. got 3 figures under $17.50 after taxes. i scored 15 figures from 2 stores :) possible new version coming out this november!
I remember just a few scant months ago when $10 each was considered a good price. What a stupid simpleton I was, now I'm not only stupid, but broke as well, probably won't be able to afford the new one in November, which is almost a guarantee, as are the strong rumors the next installment will be Star Wars heavy, if not solely focused on. I wish they'd go the Skylanders route, where all characters can be used in all adventures. Having Captian America, Luke Skywalker, and Mickey Mouse take on Darth Vader and Maleficent might not be "realistic" but it sure would be fun! It's what kids do with their toys anyway, and furthers their "unlimited creativity" philosophy. If they're so worried about purity, at least include it as an unlockable option after clearing the level (or play set), kind of like the Lego games do.

I've started collecting these figures for my son, who loves Disney/Marvel and is right on the cusp of video gaming.

Gotta say, I think these figures look dynamite. And it's nice not having to worry about Amiibo-type scarcity.

Any tips for a new DI collector who has never bothered with anything like this in the past?

"All Disney Infinity (Series 1.0) Power Disc Silver Packs regularly priced 4.99 in sale for ony .25"

From an email I just got.  The "Series 1.0" wording is confusing as it makes me wonder if it's Disney Infinity 1.0 or Power Disc Series 1.  I'm guessing it's the former as it matches the 4 for $1 sale they had before.  If you search TRU's website you will find the promo and the link takes you to a page with all three series, but the price isn't live yet.

Link to my search:

http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=59824176&sr=1&origkw=disney%20infinity

CAG never lets me post the picture saying the type is not allowed.

"All Disney Infinity (Series 1.0) Power Disc Silver Packs regularly priced 4.99 in sale for ony .25"

From an email I just got. The "Series 1.0" wording is confusing as it makes me wonder if it's Disney Infinity 1.0 or Power Disc Series 1. I'm guessing it's the former as it matches the 4 for $1 sale they had before. If you search TRU's website you will find the promo and the link takes you to a page with all three series, but the price isn't live yet.

Link to my search:

http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=59824176&sr=1&origkw=disney%20infinity

CAG never lets me post the picture saying the type is not allowed.
I'd go crazy on series 1 and 3 packs if thats the case

If you click my link you'll see prices have gone live and all three series from Disney 1.0 are on sale for $.25 so go CRAZY!!!!  I'd still go in store and save the shipping cost tho.

If you click my link you'll see prices have gone live and all three series from Disney 1.0 are on sale for $.25 so go CRAZY!!!! I'd still go in store and save the shipping cost tho.
ordered 5 of each for shipping. after shipping and taxes comes out to $.69 cents each.

The closet store is about 35 minutes one way and from looking online they don't have all 3 series packs available instore.

might place another couple of orders of 15 again just to stock up on them. They make good rewards for the kids for various things and even at $.69 cents they are still a great deal

Do they usually have them in store?
It varies. In the past, most people's stores have a bunch, but sometimes a store will have more or less of one series. For example, I remember someone posting their store had a ton of series 3 and little of series 1 & 2. Meanwhile, where I am the only TRU has a ton of series 1 & 2 and a handful of series 3. When I lived in metro Atlanta with five TRUs nearby my house and along my commute to work, most of those stores usually had stock of all three series.

ordered 5 of each for shipping. after shipping and taxes comes out to $.69 cents each.

The closet store is about 35 minutes one way and from looking online they don't have all 3 series packs available instore.

might place another couple of orders of 15 again just to stock up on them. They make good rewards for the kids for various things and even at $.69 cents they are still a great deal
Even at 69 cents each that's still pretty good. Unless my store has restocked series 3, I'll probably have to go that route.

well made 2 more orders so so that's 3 orders total for 15 of each series.

that will be enough for awhile lol

kids only have a couple discs as it is so they will be happy :)

Tempted to do multiple orders but my toys r us has been pretty annoying to buy from in the past, so I might just take my 10 pack and live with it

I had a $5 rewards in my inbox so I figured, what the hell?

Paid $5.99 for shipping, but don't have to leave the house on a Sunday.

Plus, my TRU likes to fight and I don't have to deal with that, and these will make great trade fodder at Vintage Stock - so this is a win all around for me.

Well, just in case this isn't in store I ordered 5 of each online, plus I've rarely ever seen series 3 in store. I'll still stop in while I'm out shopping today. Thanks, so glad I saw this, I missed thenlast time they were dirt cheap.

Does TRU not honor online orders for pickup?
They do, but sales like this tend to cancel a lot, probably because inventory sells before they can be removed from floor and held.

Ordered 15, 9 are ready, 5 cancelled, 1 pending. No seies 3 for me.

Anybody think it would be a problem getting target to PM? Mine has series three which is what I need most.
Good idea, I may try this. Per their policy
"We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target or CityTarget stores then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad. Price match may be requested prior to your purchase. Simply bring in proof of the current lower price, your original receipt and we’ll match the price at the Guest Service Desk."

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence

They specifically state they PM Toysrus.com, but for something that is 95% off, it'll be manager discression. I'm sure they'll think its a pricing error. I remember last fall when Wal mart had put a Lego set that was $100 on sale in their ad for $40, TRU rejected me because they had the set marked up for $120 and thought it was fake. I remember reading a lot of reports of the same story, even though it was a legit sale at WM, unfortunately most stores were sold out.
I'm not a big fan of price match policies, only because companies tout the policy saying how competitive they are but when it comes to PMing it's at their discression.

Just saw on SD :

Use Cartwheel app at Target to get 40% off All Disney Infinity 2.0 (all items)
Includes Starter Packs, Figures, Power Disc Packs, Play Sets, and Toy Box Game Discs.

4 items per transaction.

PLUS, Target's website has many 2.0 figures at reduced prices so some figures would be $6 or under when price matching the site and applying cartwheel savings.

Just left TRU, I can confirm the 25 cent packs are in store as well, they're actually in the ad so there's signing. Grabbed all 7 series three packs they had, had to dig through all their discs, 1, 2 and 3 were all together, and they're not wasy to differentiate.

Just saw on SD :

Use Cartwheel app at Target to get 40% off All Disney Infinity 2.0 (all items)
Includes Starter Packs, Figures, Power Disc Packs, Play Sets, and Toy Box Game Discs.

4 items per transaction.

PLUS, Target's website has many 2.0 figures at reduced prices so some figures would be $6 or under when price matching the site and applying cartwheel savings.
Per Target's Help Center:

A guest can use Cartwheel when price matching per Target's normal price match policy. Cartwheel offers will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Cartwheel offer has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.

So it would appear you cannot price match and then get the 40% offer to work, unfortunately.

bread's done
Back