Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up 10 packs of series 1 and 10 packs of series 2. Annapolis MD TRU had about 150+ Packs series 1 left and about 10 packs of series 2 left.

Found out that TRU doesn't price match Best Buy? Employee said they didn't.

Ugh, shipping kills the deal. Managed to get 5 series 1 to pickup at my closest store. Guess I'll swing by after class tomorrow to see whats left, and possibly try to PM at Target.

I noticed people are ordering 20+ of these. Are they actually trying to flip them? Doesn't seem worth the hassle or some must be doing no receipt returns

I guess the way you could avoid shipping charges would be to order a PS4 or Xbox One game and then just return that to store after getting the power disc packs.  

I noticed people are ordering 20+ of these. Are they actually trying to flip them? Doesn't seem worth the hassle or some must be doing no receipt returns
Just started into the power discs. Plan is to let the kids open them all eventually and any doubles i will try to trade for others they do not have or just sell them on facebook groups ext...

I filled out my 1.0 collection last time they did this sale.  Also, if you're looking for the orange rare discs, remember you can scratch the pack a little bit in store, and if it has a rare disc in it, you should be able to feel the lenticular hologram thru the package.

"All Disney Infinity (Series 1.0) Power Disc Silver Packs regularly priced 4.99 in sale for ony .25"

From an email I just got. The "Series 1.0" wording is confusing as it makes me wonder if it's Disney Infinity 1.0 or Power Disc Series 1. I'm guessing it's the former as it matches the 4 for $1 sale they had before. If you search TRU's website you will find the promo and the link takes you to a page with all three series, but the price isn't live yet.

Link to my search:

http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=59824176&sr=1&origkw=disney%20infinity

CAG never lets me post the picture saying the type is not allowed.
Thanks, my order of 15 is ready to pickup. Would have been screwed if I got some canceled since nobody else close had Series 3 in stock and I didn't want to pay for shipping.

I want to buy 5 each of series 1 and 3, but I just know most of the packs will be multiples of what I own, and at least one pack will contain two of the same disc. Not really worth the $8.72 I'd have to pay, especially if I just end up having to take them to the store to return them. 

I want to buy 5 each of series 1 and 3, but I just know most of the packs will be multiples of what I own, and at least one pack will contain two of the same disc. Not really worth the $8.72 I'd have to pay, especially if I just end up having to take them to the store to return them.
This is where I'm at as well. Shipping kills it even for .25 cents each. I didn't make it to toys r us today but I might try and see if there's anything left after work tomorrow. The deal is on the front page of slickdeals, so I won't hold my breath.

I believe they're on sale all this week, but I don't expect stores to have any series 3 after today, series 2 was also low on stock at the stores I went to, if they had any at all. I know TRU must have a huge backstock, so this is a brilliant way to clear them out.

I picked up 12 series 1 packs since I still needed Dumbo and Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster and....still need them. Checked them through the packaging so back to TRU they go

I picked up 80 packs. I had to hit 2 TRUs. 40 of series 1 and 40 of series 2. hopefully I can make a set of each. Neither store had series 3 and both of my orders I placed before I left the house got cancelled for lack of stock.

I picked up 12 series 1 packs since I still needed Dumbo and Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster and....still need them. Checked them through the packaging so back to TRU they go
I totally forgot you can check these through the bag. Oh well, not like thwy cost that much. I remember the coalition for series 1 was crazy stupid, and some of the commons were really hard to get.

Got 1 that I needed out of the 20 packs that I got.

Still need 4 from Series 1 and 4 from Series 3.

I picked up 80 packs. I had to hit 2 TRUs. 40 of series 1 and 40 of series 2. hopefully I can make a set of each. Neither store had series 3 and both of my orders I placed before I left the house got cancelled for lack of stock.
So you basically bought up the entire inventory so no one else can buy any. Nice

So you basically bought up the entire inventory so no one else can buy any. Nice
Its the circle of life. Eat or be eaten.
Actually I left over 100 at each store. The first store only had series 2. The 2nd store had series 1 and 2 and some gold pack that I thought was series 3, but it was full price. I didn't buy any series 2 at the second store, but I bought 40 series 1.

I figured each 20 disc set and there are "rare" ones, so 40 packs of each gives me better odds of getting complete sets.

The reason I even went to the 2nd store is because they showed all 3 series in stock, so I thought I could get some packs of series 3 as I have never seen them at retail.

The employee said that last time one guy bought "a cart full" of them. He said it was something like 450 or so packs. (That is why they didn't have any series 1).

Actually I left over 100 at each store. The first store only had series 2. The 2nd store had series 1 and 2 and some gold pack that I thought was series 3, but it was full price. I didn't buy any series 2 at the second store, but I bought 40 series 1.

I figured each 20 disc set and there are "rare" ones, so 40 packs of each gives me better odds of getting complete sets.

The reason I even went to the 2nd store is because they showed all 3 series in stock, so I thought I could get some packs of series 3 as I have never seen them at retail.

The employee said that last time one guy bought "a cart full" of them. He said it was something like 450 or so packs. (That is why they didn't have any series 1).
I'll probably get about 15-20 packs each if the stores have some(will most likely only be Series 1). The 15 I ordered for store pickup was my first time buying any power disc packs so I hope I get lucky and complete most of them.

Hmm, promised myself I wouldn't get sucked into buying any power discs but at this price it's hard to say no.

Unfortunately I don't have a Toys R Us near me, so I'd have to pay for shipping, but it's a pretty good deal even with that.

Anyways, thanks to the CAG who pointed this deal out! :D

I've been stuck needing only seven discs for a while now (all Series 3 discs - Violet's Force Field, Mickey's Sorcerer Hat, Disney Tram, Cruella's Car, Angus, and both Wall-E customization discs.)  I hit one Toys R Us this morning that had four boxes of Series 2 discs and a bunch of packs hanging on the rack, but no series 3.  Also hit two Targets; the in-store stock checker said one store had 12, and the other had 1, in reality, both stores had zero discs for the first game and had about half a dozen Disney 2.0 discs.  Ah well.  Was almost a wasted trip, but I lucked out and spotted a complete set of Series 7 Walking Dead minimates and Age of Ultron Quicksilver & Scartlet Witch minimates at TRU.  Kind of made up for the trip.  Sorta.  I guess.

You can't really blame him for doing what the sale intended, clearing shelves. At this point TRU probably just wants them gone.

And it's not like 1.0 power discs haven't been widely available for the past year. If anybody wanted them they've had more than ample time and various sales to boot.

Question about the 2.0 rare power discs. Does anyone know how they are packaged? Cause my song has got four spider cycles.
I don't know exactly, but in my experience, for 2.0, the various sky and texture discs are a lot harder to come by than most of the so called "rare" discs. If you check the secondary market prices for those discs, you'll find it bears this out.

Actually I left over 100 at each store. The first store only had series 2. The 2nd store had series 1 and 2 and some gold pack that I thought was series 3, but it was full price.
The gold packs are the toys r us exclusive series. There's 10 exclusive discs from TRU that are considered an extension to series 1. Each pack has 1 TRU exclusive disc, and 1 random series 1 disc. You can actually tell which exclusive disc is in which pack, because they have unique UPC's. The last time they did this sale, these packs were included, and I managed to find 7 of the 10 at a single store.

Found the TRU that time forgot this morning. Literally had over 10 boxes of series 1 discs. got a lot of rares. This goes well with my $24 2.0 Super Heroes Starter set from Target this AM...

Grabbed all 49 packs at my local toysrus. No series 3, but I was able to complete series 1 and 2 and got around $70 in trade in credit at my local gamexchange. Not a bad way to get rid of your duplicates.

Grabbed all 49 packs at my local toysrus. No series 3, but I was able to complete series 1 and 2 and got around $70 in trade in credit at my local gamexchange. Not a bad way to get rid of your duplicates.
GS takes power discs? Or am i misreading this...

I literally have like 3 giant sandwich bags full, so it'd make my day and ruin some employees

I can't find them on the gamestop trade site. Do they give a flat rate per disc or is it specific to each one? I might do this with my doubles after I (hopefully) make a set.

I can't find them on the gamestop trade site. Do they give a flat rate per disc or is it specific to each one? I might do this with my doubles after I (hopefully) make a set.

[quote name="Tvols1480" post="12650574" timestamp="1429546916"]Grabbed all 49 packs at my local toysrus. No series 3, but I was able to complete series 1 and 2 and got around $70 in trade in credit at my local gamexchange. Not a bad way to get rid of your duplicates.[/quote]

Hold on? Gamestop accepts power disc trade ins? How much dor a disc? Damn

[quote name="SgtWiggles" post="12650594" timestamp="1429547371"]Wait, just noticed it said Gameexchange....my emotions...[/quote]

Haha! Was going post the same thing. Oh well.

I think he means gamexchange. I used to have one of them nearby but they were horrible. Horrible prices and horrible customer service. They didn't last long here at all.

Now I wish they were still around.

I'll just post them on the trade thread after i finish buying I guess. So annoying constantly updating when i keep finding em at various places. (Got a ton of rares for barely 1-3$ at a Disc Replay here)

Word association... Tradein, credit, game = gamestop! Lol! I should read more carefully next time. I was actually going to head out already. Haha

Cartwheel + PM got me the Super Heroes 2.0 starter for $24 and the Guardians Play Set for 15.70 today. Figures are 9.99 at Walmart.com - would make them $6 each after PM and CW at Target...

bread's done
Back