Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they're not supposed to let you do a PM + Cartwheel coupon, but everyone on here has had success with it so far, so it's definitely worth trying. Just make sure a manager isn't around as I'm guessing they wouldn't allow it.

And yes, price-matching BB on 1.0 figures would make it cheaper, I just tried to do it all on Amazon to make it easier for the employee.
Thought I'd mention that I got turned down trying to price match and Cartwheel the Guardians playset.

Thought I'd mention that I got turned down trying to price match and Cartwheel the Guardians playset.
Sorry to hear that. :/

To anyone thinking about trying this, I'd just ask for a price-match first. After that's done, then ask them to scan the coupon. That way they might not have time to really stop and think about what you're doing.

Not saying Lleopard didn't do exactly that but I would think you have no chance of succeeding if you explain that you're trying to do a price-match and use a coupon in the same transaction.

Sorry to hear that. :/

To anyone thinking about trying this, I'd just ask for a price-match first. After that's done, then ask them to scan the coupon. That way they might not have time to really stop and think about what you're doing.

Not saying Lleopard didn't do exactly that but I would think you have no chance of succeeding if you explain that you're trying to do a price-match and use a coupon in the same transaction.
To expand on this:

I bought a few other items like paper towels and dog food and such as well as three figures. Went to CS and had them price match the figures then said oh I have cartwheel for a few items. Didn't specify what items and he scanned my phone without question.

To expand on this:

I bought a few other items like paper towels and dog food and such as well as three figures. Went to CS and had them price match the figures then said oh I have cartwheel for a few items. Didn't specify what items and he scanned my phone without question.
This is exactly what I did. Always best to have a few filler items. And now I have all of the Guardians of the Galaxy figures.

The only figures I have left to pick up are Green Goblin, Ronan, Loki, and the Aladdin/Jasmine 2-pack. Target doesn't carry the Aladdin 2-Pack in-store and I couldn't bring myself to pick up any of the other figures this week, even with the 40% off coupon.

Just ordered the Aladdin two-pack for $14.99 from Target.com - it's listed as online only, don't know if that means they're not stocking it instores, or the discount is an online only add-on to this week's playset sale. Maybe others will PM it, but I'm in no hurry, I'm a red card holder, and I've been stumped on what to do about those two since I didn't want to buy them single and then regret not having the scenery discs. 

Also, the "rare power disc" pack with Captain Marvel and Falcon is now up on bestbuy.com and on sale for $3.  So maybe the thing will eventually make its way to other retailers. 

Just grabbed Guardians playset for ~$16 after GCU for instore pickup tomorrow. Not bad after missing out on the PM/Cartwheel fun this week!

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/disney-infinity-marvel-super-heroes-20-edition-starter-pack-gamestop-exclusive/121302
Was anyone aware this was happening? Haha no idea it was coming out in a couple of weeks. There's dancing emo spiderman and the starter for Vita!
Yeah, it was announced to be coming out on May 9th pretty recently.

Unfortunately the figure won't be sold by itself in stores though, so I hope it's not very expensive on eBay as I definitely want to pick it up.

Anyways, thanks to those posting the deals. Will probably pick up that Captain Marvel and Falcon power disc pack and a regular Marvel power disc pack since I have a $5 reward certificate expiring in a few weeks and I'd like to have all of the costume change power discs eventually, if nothing else.

Thanks again. :D

If anyone is interested I have whole sets of the Series 3 1.0 discs that I would like to sale. It includes all 17 discs. (16 clear and one red rare) I am not looking to get rich off of them but please dont offer a .25 a disc. 

Thanks

Target has all of their Disney Infinity 2.0 Play Packs for 50% off today. I just picked up Spiderman and Super Nova for $15 online. (Free shipping with Target Red Card)

If anyone is interested I have whole sets of the Series 3 1.0 discs that I would like to sale. It includes all 17 discs. (16 clear and one red rare) I am not looking to get rich off of them but please dont offer a .25 a disc.

Thanks
.50 a disc? ;) Seriously, how much are you thinking?

Hi I don't follow this stuff much, I just throw money at everything that comes out, but does anyone know if they've expressed any interest in putting out a tiny Olivia Wilde that I can put on a shelf and stare longingly at? A digital version does me no good!

Hi I don't follow this stuff much, I just throw money at everything that comes out, but does anyone know if they've expressed any interest in putting out a tiny Olivia Wilde that I can put on a shelf and stare longingly at? A digital version does me no good!
If the leak of series 3 turns out to be real, and I think it is, then Tron figs will be in the next set.

If the leak of series 3 turns out to be real, and I think it is, then Tron figs will be in the next set.
I don't care about Tron, I just want Olivia Wilde.

And a Jeff Bridges.

(Seriously though, do you have a link to said leak? I'm still hoping for Muppets or Darkwing Duck someday)

Edit: found it, and aside from Mulan and Quorra that picture is a big load of disappointment.

(Seriously though, do you have a link to said leak? I'm still hoping for Muppets or Darkwing Duck someday)

Edit: found it, and aside from Mulan and Quorra that picture is a big load of disappointment.
I'm less then impressed with the leaked figure lineup too. But Star Wars figs will also probably be released with 3.0. Note the purple, black, and gold color scheme associated with Star Wars.

I'm less then impressed with the leaked figure lineup too. But Star Wars figs will also probably be released with 3.0. Note the purple, black, and gold color scheme associated with Star Wars.
Oh yeah, it's been known 3.0 would be Star Wars since the moment Disney bought Lucasfilm, but I would still like Disney originals that aren't just promoting a current movie.

Johnny V has expressed interest in Darkwing especially, even including some of that stuff in the toy box, but I want a Launchpad figure goddammit.

Also Best Buy won't let me add more than 3 power disc packs, which isn't enough for free shipping. Great. Guess I'm gonna have to go to an actual store... The most terrifying prospect. I've never bought discs before since they didn't have anything that interests me, but those team-ups and costumes are something I am way into.

I want Darkwing and Launchpad with the DW playset.  Then, LP could work in the Ducktales playset (also Gizmoduck would work in both).  So I'm fine waiting until 4.0 for that when they swing back around to Disney originals.

I don't care about Tron, I just want Olivia Wilde.

And a Jeff Bridges.

We haven't seen Inside Out yet. If they get as creative with the characters as they did with the film, we're in for a treat, plus with that many characters, we could be looking at a playset that's something other than Marvel! Plus you've got 2 former SNLers, 2 actresses from The Office, and Lewis Black doing the voices. It could be fun.

The way Disney has diligently scrubbed all photos of it, including off this site, makes me think there's some truth here. They leave alone the "leaked" pictures of Jafar, Ursula, Alice, the Queen of Hearts, Candace Flynn, and the others that are flat-out fantasies and wishful thinking, along with the Star Wars and Indiana Jones figures out there now.

We haven't seen Inside Out yet. If they get as creative with the characters as they did with the film, we're in for a treat, plus with that many characters, we could be looking at a playset that's something other than Marvel! Plus you've got 2 former SNLers, 2 actresses from The Office, and Lewis Black doing the voices. It could be fun.
I actually will buy the Lewis Black one if he voices the game character as well, and sure, the movie could be good. I just think it's kinda overkill to be putting out so many of them in an obvious ploy to get movie tie in bux.

Like, that snowman, whatever, kids like him, but that's known because the movie's been out a while. I think they should wait to see who people are interested in before they make figures -- I wonder how many kids will be swarming to the one voiced by Phyllis from The Office. Although maybe that one will resonate with the depressed youth, I dunno. I never would have thought Frozen would be so popular either.

I actually will buy the Lewis Black one if he voices the game character as well, and sure, the movie could be good. I just think it's kinda overkill to be putting out so many of them in an obvious ploy to get movie tie in bux.

Like, that snowman, whatever, kids like him, but that's known because the movie's been out a while. I think they should wait to see who people are interested in before they make figures -- I wonder how many kids will be swarming to the one voiced by Phyllis from The Office. Although maybe that one will resonate with the depressed youth, I dunno. I never would have thought Frozen would be so popular either.
Critics seem to think this will either be innovative and groundbreaking, or too complicated and incomprehensible. In other words, it will be a major success, or a colossal failure.

BTW, I got an email yesterday, which says the digital versions are up to 50% off. Based on the most popular list, the Marvels (and probably 2.0 Originals) are $1.99, Sam Flynn (and presumably Quorra) are $2.99 and the 1.0s are $0.99 (at least Elsa is). The catch? You have to purchase them in-app, and guess what happens to not be working right now? It worked fine last night. Perhaps too many overloading the servers?

So final tally was $31 of discs got me 3 series 2 sets and 1 that is 2 commons short, 1 series 1 set and 1 series 3 set and 1 that is 2 commons short. Not bad for $31. Probably sell the 2 extra series 2 sets and may trade for the commons on the 2 other sets. I should be able to make up the entire cost of all my Infinity stuff afer the sets and the huge stack of rares I still have.

Went by a TRU today to see if the sale had held over and there were no more 1.0 packs. Since no one else had bought any the whole week, I wonder if TRU tossed the rest.

So final tally was $31 of discs got me 3 series 2 sets and 1 that is 2 commons short, 1 series 1 set and 1 series 3 set and 1 that is 2 commons short. Not bad for $31. Probably sell the 2 extra series 2 sets and may trade for the commons on the 2 other sets. I should be able to make up the entire cost of all my Infinity stuff afer the sets and the huge stack of rares I still have.

Went by a TRU today to see if the sale had held over and there were no more 1.0 packs. Since no one else had bought any the whole week, I wonder if TRU tossed the rest.
Surprised reselling these is holding any value, I would have expected the market to bottom out after all these toys r us sales

Never followed the Infinity games - Is the starter pack a good Xbox One game for a 10 year old?  The starter pack for $30 at Target seems like a good deal, but reviews are very mixed...

Never followed the Infinity games - Is the starter pack a good Xbox One game for a 10 year old? The starter pack for $30 at Target seems like a good deal, but reviews are very mixed...
I would say it is, yes. Only real criticism I have of the game is driving is completely messed up. Other than that I would say it is very enjoyable, both in the play-sets and some of the top toy-boxes, and I'm 20 years old.

Just make sure your kid is into Super Heroes. I say this because I have a 10-year old niece who isn't that into the game, as she isn't as fascinated with Marvel stuff as my other niece and I am.

Also, be prepared to shell out much more money if your kid wants other figures to go with the game. It can add up rather quickly.

I also felt like the driving is pretty terrible, which is surprising because the control of the flying characters is just the opposite. The flying is very satisfying and reaponsive

Nice got the 2 playsets and the raccoon for $42 total and the Collectors Edition a week or two ago from Amazon for $61. So $103 for 11 characters, the 3 level sets, and the big dumb statue isn't bad. It's for my son's birthday but I don't know how much he'll enjoy the super hero stuff so at least I didn't spend too much if he doesn't like it.

I'm still annoyed they went from Pirates/Lone Ranger/Monsters Inc/Incredibles in 1.0 to...this. And from 6 playsets down to 3. What a scam. Hopefully the gameplay is still fun enough.

Nice got the 2 playsets and the raccoon for $42 total and the Collectors Edition a week or two ago from Amazon for $61. So $103 for 11 characters, the 3 level sets, and the big dumb statue isn't bad. It's for my son's birthday but I don't know how much he'll enjoy the super hero stuff so at least I didn't spend too much if he doesn't like it.

I'm still annoyed they went from Pirates/Lone Ranger/Monsters Inc/Incredibles in 1.0 to...this. And from 6 playsets down to 3. What a scam. Hopefully the gameplay is still fun enough.
Not a scam at all, it's just that this time they only had a year to develop 2.0. I think they did a pretty awesome job with the game for only having a year, even though I would like for the stories in the playsets to be at least 10-15 hours each, to be honest. Just my opinion. :)

The difference in getting 3 playsets to 1 in the starter set is pretty scammy.Though, nothing like the Trap Team Skylanders game. 

How so? Not familiar with the new skylanders.
To have access to the full game you need a Trap Master of each type, and a trap of each type. In previous versions of the game all you needed was any Skylander of each type, not the newest, most expensive ones.

To have access to the full game you need a Trap Master of each type, and a trap of each type. In previous versions of the game all you needed was any Skylander of each type, not the newest, most expensive ones.
It's not really a huge deal though, there is still way more content in Trap Team than DI 2.0 even if you don't buy any skylanders outside of the starter pack. Plus at least you can use the skylanders to play the game, unlike DI where you basically will never play as a figure again after completing it's playset. Or it's a toy box only toy, which means it's an action figure since toy box is a horrendous waste of time.

It's not really a huge deal though, there is still way more content in Trap Team than DI 2.0 even if you don't buy any skylanders outside of the starter pack. Plus at least you can use the skylanders to play the game, unlike DI where you basically will never play as a figure again after completing it's playset. Or it's a toy box only toy, which means it's an action figure since toy box is a horrendous waste of time.
While I personally agree with you, my kid does not, and I get these games to play with her.

In every game past the original, you needed the "new" figures to access all the 'extra' stuff - Giants had special areas, there were quite a few Swap Force only portals in SF, and all the portals in Trap Team are for Trap Masters. Every game past Giants has emphasized purchasing more characters (with Giants, if you only had one Giant, you were fine, from what I recall). If they had less new characters every year (Giants also seemed more fair in that regard), then it'd be easier to swallow, particularly if you've been buying figures from the beginning (i.e. I don't think we need 32+ new characters every game).

You only needed a second controller and one of each type of Skylander to access the swap gates. There were the ability challenges though, so I guess that was fairly scammy. I liked Swap Force a lot better than Trap Team, so maybe I am being overly generous to that game. 

I did not get to post this yesterday as by the time I picked up my order and got home they had corrected the website. But thanks to a glitch on the TRU website I was able to score their exclusive power disc album for $1. I also purchased (1) DI 2.0 power disc pack for $1. If you put more than one of each the price for the second one was 24.99 for the album and 2.99 for another power disc pack. I did two orders of each(second album for a brother) and both went through the same. 

kMOM4EZl.jpg

Now I need to score a deal on the Marvel power disc album. Would love to get Best Buy to pm Target price on their album, but I know it's highly unlikely since one is for Marvel and one for Disney Originals. I was able to pm Target's price on the Aladdin toybox set(14.99) at Best Buy plus use a reward cert. I had knocking it down to 9.99. Now I can cancel my order I put in with Target for that and their power disc album.

While I was out I checked out the power disc packs at Target, TRU and Best Buy. They had all been picked through via the scratch method. Also struck out looking for the TRU exclusive 1.0 power disc packs I needed. They had a ton of Merlins and a couple of C.H.R.O.M.E,  Scrooge McDucks and Zurg's.

If anyone has a surplus of power discs from the TRU dale they're looking to get rid of, I'm willing to send Paypal monies. I didn't have the chance to get over there in time and am looking to rebuild at least my complete series 1 and 2 albums.

I swear, every time I think I've collected enough, there's more sales on the figures.

So that 50% off playsets thing on Target, can that be price matched with TRU alongside their own  red hot sale (B1G1 Free playset)?

Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Super Heroes Bundle + 6 Extra Figures $63 at Groupon
Groupon has the Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Super Heroes Bundle (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Wii U) for $70 - 10% off with coupon code SALE3 [Exp 4/28] = $63 with free shipping. Includes the Starter Kit with Iron Man, Thor, and Black Widow, plus Hulk, Venom, Groot, Captain America, Hiro, and Hawkeye additional figures. Also has 2 Toy Box game discs, a web code card, a poster, and the Avengers play set piece.

Credit - Ben's Bargains:
http://bensbargains.com/bargain/disney-infinity-2-0-marvel-super-heroes-bundle-6-extra-figures-63-at-144304/#rss

Groupon Direct Link:
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-disney-infinity-2-0-marvel-super-heroes-bundle?utm_source=GPN&utm_medium=afl&z=skip&utm_campaign=201678&mediaId=217560&wid=http%3A%2F%2Fbensbargains.net%2F

bread's done
Back