Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost wish they would have went with 3 figures and charged the $75 and given you a Rex or Cody trooper. That way your getting a different style of figure from a jedi.

Is there a reason why people don't want to order Sabine online if they need her? It's still available.
Everyone is in a Disney Infinity state-of-mind in this thread and we are getting our game today so we want our figures to go with it. But it is a decent option, but shipping from Target can take up to a week or so. Plus the packaging might get damaged in shipping. I went that route because....Insert Rant Below

So I stayed up last night to get the Best Buy sale. It let me order all the figures I wanted for pickup besides Obi-Wan Kenobi. There are only TWO Star Wars figures Best Buy has at launch and 50% of them I couldn't order for pickup on release day. The store 45 min north and 30 min south of me I was able to do store pickup, but I really don't feel like driving an hour or more to get a figure. I called my Best Buy 20 min ago when they opened and he said they only got a single Obi-Wan figure and it was for a pre-order. HOW DO YOU ONLY GET ONE!? That's messed up!

And then we have Target. I am not that upset with the situation, but a tiny bit annoyed. My local store only got 8 Sabine's. They were sold out within 2 hours of the store opening, that is to be expected. But meanwhile the store 30 min south and 45 min north of me still have 10 in stock...

In the end I ordered Sabine and Quorra for shipping from Target and have Obi-Wan coming to me from BBY, I just hope they don't get damaged in transit.

/End Rant

Artificial scarcity has been very profitable for Nintendo, and don't think Disney, who loves money as much, if not more, isn't paying attention. Teary-eyed kids at there being no Olafs does not register positive on their cross-benefit analysis, but Sabine, an obscure character only fanboys know about, now they may have something there, despite what J.V. has been saying about them filling the shelves, and making every character available.

I ended up waiting, want the Light FX versions and don't want to double dip, only other 2 I would have ordered right now were the Tron ones, but I'm not that worried, we'll have deals come Black Friday and beyond :p
Only characters with standard lightsabers will receive FX versions. No non-lightsaber character will receive them, nor will Darth Maul, due to the inability to get a strong glow on his double saber, and Ahsoka is likely left out for a similar reason lighting her dual sabers.

Artificial scarcity has been very profitable for Nintendo, and don't think Disney, who loves money as much, if not more, isn't paying attention. Teary-eyed kids at there being no Olafs does not register positive on their cross-benefit analysis, but Sabine, an obscure character only fanboys know about, now they may have something there, despite what J.V. has been saying about them filling the shelves, and making every character available.
I don't think they are causing short supply by choice. Stores only have limited shelf space and they don't want to over-order. So they are playing it self. None of the figures are sold out online, so you can easily get them for shipping, unlike said Amiibos.

So the Toy Box preorder bonus is gone now at Best Buy?  I also thought you had up until midnight the day before to preorder.

EDIT:  nevermind, realized release day is today and not monday.  doh!

Does anyone know how the target preorders work? I did one at the store, do they put aside a toy box takeover for you, or is it first come first serve? I don't know when I can get there today.
Yes they put 1 on hold for you. Cause technically they're only for pre-orders. then they will be street dated for the wide release later. Unfortunately the targets in my city didn't get any toy box takeover so maybe tommorow they come in?

Hated gameplay of 2.0, but now that it's star wars Im loving it!

Twilight of the republic seems pretty good sofar. But most of the sidequests seem REALLY dumb, like walk 2 feet from quest giver, press square button and you're done. No challenge, no combat

So I'm currently standing in my local Best Buy fuming, because they have ALL their 3.0 stock locked behind the service desk, the shelves have 3.0 space allotted,but it's completely empty. And the clueless employees are under the impression it's all been preordered, and won't allow any to be sold until they do a complete inventory on all preorders.

I tried explaining to them there's no way in hell every last piece of 3.0 merch was preordered. I mean I can go to bestbuy.com right now and order items for in store pickup at the store I'm standing in.

This is the most f'ed up release I've ever encountered of any game at any store. Preorders should have been inventoried and set aside last night, and the damn product should be on the shelves and ready to buy NOW. This is asinine.

So I'm currently standing in my local Best Buy fuming, because they have ALL their 3.0 stock locked behind the service desk, the shelves have 3.0 space allotted,but it's completely empty. And the clueless employees are under the impression it's all been preordered, and won't allow any to be sold until they do a complete inventory on all preorders.

I tried explaining to them there's no way in hell every last piece of 3.0 merch was preordered. I mean I can go to bestbuy.com right now and order items for in store pickup at the store I'm standing in.

This is the most f'ed up release I've ever encountered of any game at any store. Preorders should have been inventoried and set aside last night, and the damn product should be on the shelves and ready to buy NOW. This is asinine.
You must have never tried to get a non Madden or COD game at a Walmart on launch day before, because they are always worse. For Swap Force me and another guy had to pretty much set up the display for them all they did was bring it unopened from the back for us.

My Target was well stock of everything. The 2 for $20 however didn't rang up right during checkout. I was charged full price for the two I bought.

Just got back from Best Buy. They had set aside all my preorders, with the exception of the Toy Box Takeover which they couldn't find and nobody who worked there knew what it was. I went back and found five of them on the shelf. They must have had some messed up issues with the SKU or something.

My Target was well stock of everything. The 2 for $20 however didn't rang up right during checkout. I was charged full price for the two I bought.
Same thing happened to me. I just pointed out that the 2/$20 signs were posted and she changed the price without checking.

So they said for people not wanting the DI3 sets, and I loathe the Star Wars prequel era, we could download the digital version day and date with the game's release. It's on the Xbox One store but instead of price it says Unavailable.

Just got back from Best Buy. They had set aside all my preorders, with the exception of the Toy Box Takeover which they couldn't find and nobody who worked there knew what it was. I went back and found five of them on the shelf. They must have had some messed up issues with the SKU or something.
I got charged for my Toybox Takeover and the employees didn't seem to know anything about it being free....luckily a manager knew they weren't ringing up free and got me all set

Around $80 for the starter set, Toybox Takeover and 3 figures (Mulan\Sadness\Disgust for my daughter)

Same thing happened to me. I just pointed out that the 2/$20 signs were posted and she changed the price without checking.
Here too: cashier had to manually adjust. Said he had to do it several times earlier. Got Sabine and Minnie, who I immediately returned.

Best Buy was a success.  All my stuff.  Got my discs as the freebies.

Target was a success.  Got Sabine Friday.

Gamestop was a success.  Zeb was there.

Amazon failed me.  All of Inside Out was confirmed for Release Day delivery.  Won't be here til tomorrow.

Toys R Us failed me.  Ezra won't be here until the 10th.

Walmart.... I dunno.  It's the only one that's told me it'd be here on Friday the whole time.  And checking tracking, it should be here Thursday-ish.

Soooo...

Seriously not sure if I should call and complain to Amazon.  It won't really DO anything... but it'd make me feel better.  

TRU pisses me off because I paid for shipping just so it'd get here.  I could have stopped at a TRU today if I'd have thought it'd take 2 weeks to get here.

P.S.  The Saga edition IS individually packaged.  It looks real nice.  Fett is gray though instead of green.  

TRU pisses me off because I paid for shipping just so it'd get here. I could have stopped at a TRU today if I'd have thought it'd take 2 weeks to get here.
My Starter set arrived at the UPS facility, which is less than 10 miles away, at 3AM Saturday morning, and there it will sit until tomorrow. One day doesn't sound like a lot, but when we're talking a big game like this, it is.

So this is kind of a shitty question...

I got the Sage bundle and would much prefer it on X1. I opened it up and it is all completely standard packaging including the starter... Would it be possible to exchange it at Walmart for and X1 version of the starter then since the SKU looks totally normal?

I know that is frowned upon but I am not really profiting just swapping consoles?

Went to Target first with my wife and got:

Obi-Wan

Yoda

Sadness

Sabine

Mickey

Minnie

As others have said they did not right up 2/$20 so she had to do overrides.

Then went to best buy and picked up my preorder Saga Edition PS4.  They also were having issues with the free Toy Box Takeover expansion.  Had to find it and then ring it up and override the price.  They also didn't have a single thing out on the shelves.  Everything was in the back.

So this is kind of a shitty question...

I got the Sage bundle and would much prefer it on X1. I opened it up and it is all completely standard packaging including the starter... Would it be possible to exchange it at Walmart for and X1 version of the starter then since the SKU looks totally normal?

I know that is frowned upon but I am not really profiting just swapping consoles?
My guess is that official policy will not allow it, as they'd have to scan the UPC, which will differ from the one on the receipt, but you might get lucky and get someone who will override, but it would probably be easier to just buy the downloadable version on XB1. It's on sale on other consoles, it might be on sale on XB1 as well. If it isn't, it likely will be sometime between Black Friday and Christmas.

My guess is that official policy will not allow it, as they'd have to scan the UPC, which will differ from the one on the receipt, but you might get lucky and get someone who will override, but it would probably be easier to just buy the downloadable version on XB1. It's on sale on other consoles, it might be on sale on XB1 as well. If it isn't, it likely will be sometime between Black Friday and Christmas.
If he doesn't have a previous DI base for X1 then the digital version won't help, since the bases for 360 and X1 are unique.

I meant a no receipt return at Walmart, forgot to note that. I think I will just keep it for the PS4 anyway though, my X1 is my primary console and so my 2TB is already filling up as is, might as well spread some love to my rarely used PS4.

Don't know how many people in this thread collect amiibo as well, but if you do you know that any perceived DI shortages don't hold a candle to anything that has has happened with the amiibo fiasco, at least so far. After all the amiibo heartache I actually appreciate Disney and JV more for diligently keeping these in oroduction as much as possible and trying to keep as many fans as possible happy, even if it means overproduction at times. Nintendo is a whole different story.

You must have never tried to get a non Madden or COD game at a Walmart on launch day before, because they are always worse. For Swap Force me and another guy had to pretty much set up the display for them all they did was bring it unopened from the back for us.
Lol, did you guys set it up good?

Everything was smooth as butter for me.  As has been reported, the Target deal isn't working, but they'll override it at the register if you mention it.  Everything at Best Buy was waiting for me, including Takeover.

Don't know how many people in this thread collect amiibo as well, but if you do you know that any perceived DI shortages don't hold a candle to anything that has has happened with the amiibo fiasco, at least so far. After all the amiibo heartache I actually appreciate Disney and JV more for diligently keeping these in oroduction as much as possible and trying to keep as many fans as possible happy, even if it means overproduction at times. Nintendo is a whole different story.
This is very true. I do not worry about not being able to find any DI figures because I know they will have plenty as the year goes on regardless. I was tempted to just grab them all at launch but since I know I will be able to find them later I am okay waiting on the ones I am not wanting really badly at the moment; something that can most definitely not be said about amiibo purchases hah.

This is very true. I do not worry about not being able to find any DI figures because I know they will have plenty as the year goes on regardless. I was tempted to just grab them all at launch but since I know I will be able to find them later I am okay waiting on the ones I am not wanting really badly at the moment; something that can most definitely not be said about amiibo purchases hah.
That's Nintendo strategy though. They want you to buy those amiibo now for full retail price, they don't want you to wait for a discount to get them. If all amiibo are easily available almost everybody here on CAG will wait for a sale or discount.

That's Nintendo strategy though. They want you to buy those amiibo now for full retail price, they don't want you to wait for a discount to get them. If all amiibo are easily available almost everybody here on CAG will wait for a sale or discount.
There is an argument to be had for both sides really. They get guaranteed sales of the small amounts right away or they could cast a wider net and get more people to buy them overall if there were more available. I can guarantee I would buy more amiibos if I could easily actually get the ones I want even at full to relatively full price. However because getting the ones I want has become a chore I just choose to not care at all for them as I am sure plenty of others have as well.

I understand that strategy and it has worked to some degree. But I don't think it fosters goodwill towards the company and I've seen many CAGS simply quit trying to collect them and instead sell off what they had. People may sell off their DI stuff but it's because they are done playing with them but people were selling off their amiibo and quitting out of frustration with the low production runs and anger with Nintendo.

SONOFVA..... PS4 only has 2 USB ports?  What stupid crap is this?!?!?!?!?!

On another note, the figs look nice at least:

11890333_10207602970977522_4828299000119844479_o.jpg

SONOFVA..... PS4 only has 2 USB ports? What stupid crap is this?!?!?!?!?!

On another note, the figs look nice at least:
11890333_10207602970977522_4828299000119844479_o.jpg
I feel yea man. I recently bought a USB hub that is made to kinda blend in with the ps4. It's coming from china and was just over $5. It only has 1 USB 3.0 porr but it has 4 2.0, I don't see the real need for more than 3.0 on the ps4 so its a gain of 3 USB ports in my eyes.

I wasn't able to get to Best Buy until around 12:30pm (1.5 hours after opening).

First I went to the figures and saw a few of Mulan, Olaf, and Minnie. That was it for the figs.

Then I go to customer service to pick up my preorder for the PS4 Saga pack, which they were sold out of. Yes, they didn't get enough to cover preorders. So I ask what about my $10 cert and Toy Box Takeover for preordering? She gave me a copy of Takeover from where she had them stashed behind the counter, and told me that my preorder is still active and that I'll get my $10 cert when they receive more stock and I pick it up.

I would really be pissed if I wasn't just putting this away for my kid's Christmas present.

There is an argument to be had for both sides really. They get guaranteed sales of the small amounts right away or they could cast a wider net and get more people to buy them overall if there were more available. I can guarantee I would buy more amiibos if I could easily actually get the ones I want even at full to relatively full price. However because getting the ones I want has become a chore I just choose to not care at all for them as I am sure plenty of others have as well.
Don't forget the rarity of some amiibo also cause shopper to do a lot of impulsive buying too. People are even buying all the commons or figures they don't really want right away just to make sure they don't have to pay reseller price later.

Picked up my starter pack at GS, got the Toybox Takeover (which the employee had been confused about, but got it for me no problem) and threw in Zeb which I used a reward coupon for. Out of the door in less than 5 minutes. Now I get to actually play the game.

Need some advice, purchased the pre order of disney infinity starter pack(For the ps4) already shipped, should be arriving sometime this week(The toy box pre order bonus says "Preparing for shipment" not sure when that will ship) any who, saw online that Target and Best buy are having deals for disney infinity characters, not sure which one is the best offer..I have GCU, the buy 3 get 1 free at best buy is good but not sure if for infinity characters they take off GCU..and the buy 2 for 20 bucks at target sounds good as well..are those two options the best for getting disney infinity characters..and which characters do you all recommend this is my first time actually playing with disney infinity

Busy day this morning as I took advantage of the 2 for $ 20 deal at Target, buy one get one 50 % off at Toys R Us and ended the day by picking up my pre-order of the playset at Best Buy.

Like others here, Target had adjust the prices on the figures as they didn't ring up properly.

has anyone who ordered Fri or Sat not have their Disney Infinity 3.0 not ship yet?

When i Ordered Fri said it be here by Tuesday as I have expedited shipping.

Weird part is I order the figures last night and they shipped already.

This is Best Buy my bad I should of probably said that lol.

I meant a no receipt return at Walmart, forgot to note that. I think I will just keep it for the PS4 anyway though, my X1 is my primary console and so my 2TB is already filling up as is, might as well spread some love to my rarely used PS4.
A no receipt return will probably work, so long as the UPC on your set matches up with the standard one in the system.

I went to pickup the order I placed at 3 AM and asked the customer device lady about the Toy Box Takeover pre-order special. She gave it to me for free.

I got:

Star Wars Saga Bundle for the PS3
Inside Out Playset
Sadness
Disgust
Olaf
Yoda
Mulan
Star Wars Power Discs

Need some advice, purchased the pre order of disney infinity starter pack(For the ps4) already shipped, should be arriving sometime this week(The toy box pre order bonus says "Preparing for shipment" not sure when that will ship) any who, saw online that Target and Best buy are having deals for disney infinity characters, not sure which one is the best offer..I have GCU, the buy 3 get 1 free at best buy is good but not sure if for infinity characters they take off GCU..and the buy 2 for 20 bucks at target sounds good as well..are those two options the best for getting disney infinity characters..and which characters do you all recommend this is my first time actually playing with disney infinity
If you're buying four figures, the BB deal is the best, as you CAN use the GCU on Infinity (and Amiibo and Skylander) figures, even if they're on sale. It comes to around $33.60 (plus whatever tax your state charges), while Target is an even $40. However, returning bundled components to BB is more iffy than Target, so if you're planning on buying four and returning one or two, I would recommend going to Target instead.

Busy day this morning as I took advantage of the 2 for $ 20 deal at Target, buy one get one 50 % off at Toys R Us and ended the day by picking up my pre-order of the playset at Best Buy.

Like others here, Target had adjust the prices on the figures as they didn't ring up properly.
target is never ready for sundays. i don't think i've ever had a good experience with target on sunday or tuesday.

I wasn't able to get to Best Buy until around 12:30pm (1.5 hours after opening).

First I went to the figures and saw a few of Mulan, Olaf, and Minnie. That was it for the figs.

Then I go to customer service to pick up my preorder for the PS4 Saga pack, which they were sold out of. Yes, they didn't get enough to cover preorders. So I ask what about my $10 cert and Toy Box Takeover for preordering? She gave me a copy of Takeover from where she had them stashed behind the counter, and told me that my preorder is still active and that I'll get my $10 cert when they receive more stock and I pick it up.

I would really be pissed if I wasn't just putting this away for my kid's Christmas present.
thats crazy, mine had like 3 of them just chilling on the shelf around 1 when we went.

For geeks (like me) who care about original (or current) voice actors, here's the list for 3.0:

Luke Skywalker (YES!)

Han Solo (Woo Hoo!)

Finn

Rey

Sabine Wren (most likely all Rebels, but Wren is the only confirmed thus far)

Anger (ditto above)

Sadness

Mulan

Olaf

Quorra

And 1 and 2 original voice actor lists:

Davy Jones

Mr. Incredible

Mrs. Incredible

Violet

Syndrome

Mater

Holley Shiftwell

Vanellope

Jack Skellington

Anna

Elsa

Rapunzel

The Lone Ranger

Phineas

Agent P* (even though the character never speaks, credit is given to his TV voice actor)

Nick Fury

Merida

Hiro Hamada

Baymax

Aladdin

Jasmine

Stitch

Tinker Bell

Spider-Man*

Venom*

Green Goblin*

Iron Fist*

Nova*

Captain America*

*from Ultimate Spider-Man Animated Series

Originally posted this on disneyinfinityfans.com but figured it was relevant here:

I did have some issues at Best Buy but everything worked out. I explained that I wanted to add three figures to my Saga Bundle preorder to take advantage of the B3G1 free. I was told it would not work. I asked them to try anyway. They did not want to attempt it so while the lady processed my in-store pickup and a separate figure preorder (both of which worked fine and the B3G1 free applied) I discussed the issue with a manager. He agreed to discount the figure amount 13.99 from the Saga Bundle to compensate the free figure. However, after all the discussion, when they finally attempted the transaction, the free figure came off instantly with no issue. He was surprised and told the lady to continue the transaction (for my trouble) even though they already took $14 off. So I got the Saga bundle for $78 with GCU. I ended up with four free figures as well. Best Buy win again!

Also, while my daughter and I were gone, my wife and my other daughter were hitting up the other retailers without us knowing and picking up all the Rebels. Bonus win!

Then I go to customer service to pick up my preorder for the PS4 Saga pack, which they were sold out of. Yes, they didn't get enough to cover preorders.
This is why I babysit the whole thing. I make sure I'm there first, I make sure I have coupons and ads printed out. That way when I walk up to Joe-Best-Buy who knows nothing, everything is printed out and ready to go.

They have undershipped SOOOOOO many games lately, that if it's a CE I care about, I make sure to be there. If it's something I care less about, generally they'll make it right with you somehow (read: manager's discretion but I'd make sure to get the set of discs or something equally useful). Sometimes not, but most times they realize they've inconvenienced you.

Originally posted this on disneyinfinityfans.com but figured it was relevant here:

I did have some issues at Best Buy but everything worked out. I explained that I wanted to add three figures to my Saga Bundle preorder to take advantage of the B3G1 free. I was told it would not work.
I know this wasn't the cheapest but since my wife was doing it.. I had her bring up the 2 disk packs and a case for ours. It took her 3 people. Finally the guy did a return/rebuy but used the giftcard so it never messed with credit. Not sure of specifics but if it helps. Just gotta find the right person with access.

If you're buying four figures, the BB deal is the best, as you CAN use the GCU on Infinity (and Amiibo and Skylander) figures, even if they're on sale. It comes to around $33.60 (plus whatever tax your state charges), while Target is an even $40. However, returning bundled components to BB is more iffy than Target, so if you're planning on buying four and returning one or two, I would recommend going to Target instead.
I think I will go with the best buy/toys r us promotions..just not sure which disney infiniity 3.0 characters are the most recommended..any suggestions? Inside out looks great so will go with that but what else is good?

bread's done
Back