Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically it's Powerstone with Infinity figures? Hell yeah! Hopefully, that tourney fighter option gets unlocked in the toybox too!

I just hope that new pose isn't the start of something. It would especially suck if he has an identical moveset to the original, and be even worse if they made the old version incompatible, or nerfed him into uselessness, to encourage people to get the new one.

Well that's kinda...underwhelming. Even if they give him a different moveset and different supers or whatever, I still kind of see it as a letdown and more of a "variant" than a new character. There are so many more characters in the Marvel universe they could have picked. And if they wanted to promote Avengers they could have given us Vision.
JV posted on Twitter that the Cap variant isn't one of the planned figures. Marvel just had them add it to the game. The the four unannounced Marvel figures that they initially mentioned is still totaled at four. So this Cap didn't take up one of their spots, it's just a bonus figure!

I just bought 2.0 at best buy for like 15 bucks. What has been the best deals on the 2.0 play sets and 1.0/2.0 figures?

I just bought 2.0 at best buy for like 15 bucks. What has been the best deals on the 2.0 play sets and 1.0/2.0 figures?
Even if you don't have a Vita the Vita version comes with the Spidey playset, an exlcusive spiderman figure, and two game discs (hexagon discs that have actual games instead of vehicles or other items). That stuff is around 50 on it's own. Otherwise CAG and Slickdeals list random clearance level prices for some 1.0 and 2.0 characters (anywhere from 3-5 bucks) every month or so.

JV posted on Twitter that the Cap variant isn't one of the planned figures. Marvel just had them add it to the game. The the four unannounced Marvel figures that they initially mentioned is still totaled at four. So this Cap didn't take up one of their spots, it's just a bonus figure!
Gimme my MODOK you assholes, he was in the Avengers playset and the first 2.0 trailer!

[quote name="tophrman" post="12959446" timestamp="1444336186"]JV posted on Twitter that the Cap variant isn't one of the planned figures. Marvel just had them add it to the game. The the four unannounced Marvel figures that they initially mentioned is still totaled at four. So this Cap didn't take up one of their spots, it's just a bonus figure![/quote]

More to be shown on Saturday, not sure if they're showing any other figures or just the playset but hope they show ant man soon he's teased for soooo long. Cap looked good in the toy box tv video.
Also for those who haven't seen it he comes with the playset pack

Venom is like a mix of spidy and hulk so if you like those 2 then he's a definite buy imo. To me dead is the best guardian but he's nothing special imo. It's all personal preference

We trade/sell everything else when we are done with them... do we also trade/sell figures?
You certainly can. I don't personally plan on ever getting rid of mine as I find them to be great display figures, but I can see how others might want to clear some room.

If there isn't already a master trading thread for figures, I'd say go ahead and start one. There is a power disc trading thread already, you could also post in there.

So I am late to the infinity party and starting with 2.0 as it had that BestBuy DOTD last week,

Now my question is about the figures, I see BB has the 2.0 figs on sale this week for 9.99 (7.99 with GCU), I picked up all the Avengers playset related figures and eventually would like the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Spiderman, not really interested on the Disney Originals for now.

So, would it be a good deal to pick up all the Marvel 2.0 figures now with GCU and wait for the playsets to be on sale or is this price a common deal for Disney Infinity?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

The live panel at comic con just finished, no new figure info but lots of battleground info. Black suit Spider-Man MAY get a stand alone figure depending on how a meeting about it goes this week.

4 player co op achieved with 1 base (place a figure then once it's loaded, remove it and place another etc)

So I am late to the infinity party and starting with 2.0 as it had that BestBuy DOTD last week,
Now my question is about the figures, I see BB has the 2.0 figs on sale this week for 9.99 (7.99 with GCU), I picked up all the Avengers playset related figures and eventually would like the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Spiderman, not really interested on the Disney Originals for now.
So, would it be a good deal to pick up all the Marvel 2.0 figures now with GCU and wait for the playsets to be on sale or is this price a common deal for Disney Infinity?
The $10/8 price has been offered a lot in the months leading up to 3.0, but less often since its release.

The $10/8 price has been offered a lot in the months leading up to 3.0, but less often since its release.
Thanks for the reply!

I think I will just go ahead and buy them, I am even more inclined now with the battlegrounds stuff coming out soon, will just wait for a decent/better price on those other playsets.

The live panel at comic con just finished, no new figure info but lots of battleground info. Black suit Spider-Man MAY get a stand alone figure depending on how a meeting about it goes this week. 4 player co op achieved with 1 base (place a figure then once it's loaded, remove it and place another etc)
You forgot to brag about getting the Hulkbuster figure free and 3-4 weeks early!! lol I'm liking him, it's a pretty cool figure. Also the Cap figure was confirmed as an "extra" figure and not one of the planned release ones.

Me too! I just picked up 3.0 a couple weeks ago when BB had the Saga bundle for $90. $72 with a free figure was too good a deal to pass up! So, I just started diving in and BB runs Marvel 2.0 for $20 ($16 GCU) this week. OK, I'm all in now! LOL

Anyway, I went ahead and picked up 6 figures for 2.0 at BB also this week (Captain America, Hulk, Venom, Groot, Drax, and Rocket Racoon). That's pretty much everyone I wanted for Marvel, and at $8 with GCU, that's almost half price. Best price I've seen since I started following Infinity.

Who usually puts the play sets on sale most often? I need the Guardians and Spider-Man 2.0 sets, and I was kinda hoping Best Buy would put them on sale with all the other 2.0 stuff they've been discounting, but no dice, so far. Obviously, BB with GCU is the way to go, but I was curious as to any better deals I should be on the lookout for?

Learned a lot already from this thread. Thanks everyone!

Toysrus has DI 1 and 2 figures on sale. Looks like DI 1 figures are $7, DI 2 figures are $9 with free shipping. Power discs were $1.50

I finally pulled the trigger for the crystal figures because I really need more figures to add to the shelf. :)

Found this online, not sure about in store prices

[quote name="CucoGordo" post="12963091" timestamp="1444539828"]You forgot to brag about getting the Hulkbuster figure free and 3-4 weeks early!! lol I'm liking him, it's a pretty cool figure. Also the Cap figure was confirmed as an "extra" figure and not one of the planned release ones. [/quote]

Oh I wasn't there (I wish!!) lol I just watched the live stream. Yea JV confirmed that on Twitter the other day as well when there was backlash over it.
They also said some Star Wars info coming next week I believe, assume that'll just be discs not playset info

Oh I wasn't there (I wish!!) lol I just watched the live stream. Yea JV confirmed that on Twitter the other day as well when there was backlash over it. They also said some Star Wars info coming next week I believe, assume that'll just be discs not playset info
Oh ok, sorry that you weren't there, it was cool. Sat in that damn hall from 2pm until the start of the DI panel at 4pm. Glad I did now that I have my Hulkbuster. The news might be more about the new Star Wars movie figures, maybe?

Me too! I just picked up 3.0 a couple weeks ago when BB had the Saga bundle for $90. $72 with a free figure was too good a deal to pass up! So, I just started diving in and BB runs Marvel 2.0 for $20 ($16 GCU) this week. OK, I'm all in now! LOL

Anyway, I went ahead and picked up 6 figures for 2.0 at BB also this week (Captain America, Hulk, Venom, Groot, Drax, and Rocket Racoon). That's pretty much everyone I wanted for Marvel, and at $8 with GCU, that's almost half price. Best price I've seen since I started following Infinity.

Who usually puts the play sets on sale most often? I need the Guardians and Spider-Man 2.0 sets, and I was kinda hoping Best Buy would put them on sale with all the other 2.0 stuff they've been discounting, but no dice, so far. Obviously, BB with GCU is the way to go, but I was curious as to any better deals I should be on the lookout for?

Learned a lot already from this thread. Thanks everyone!

Cartwheel is 40% playsets
And there it is, I thought I was done with DI 2.0 for a little while, but I guess once it grabs you it will just feast on your wallet, good thing SSB amiibos are almost.

Thanks for the heads up on that 40% off Cartwheel, gives me about a week to pick up.

I don't see how Battlegrounds is being pushed as a full playset.  Being able to play with 4 players is cool, but it's essentially a poor man's smash bros. and you can beat the crap out of each other in the toy box if you want. 

From what I've seen so far, even if it was on sale for $20 I think I'd pass.

Quick question, so if you have the pc version you are supposed to be able to use the web codes to add characters to your collection. I assume you still need the base game and playsets, but do the playsets and web codes from the 3.0 version work with PC?

Quick question, so if you have the pc version you are supposed to be able to use the web codes to add characters to your collection. I assume you still need the base game and playsets, but do the playsets and web codes from the 3.0 version work with PC?
AFAIK PC 3.0 hasn't been released yet but it's coming. And it doesn't work the same.

I don't see how Battlegrounds is being pushed as a full playset. Being able to play with 4 players is cool, but it's essentially a poor man's smash bros. and you can beat the crap out of each other in the toy box if you want.

From what I've seen so far, even if it was on sale for $20 I think I'd pass.
It's not a poor man's Super Smash Bro's. JV said there is a story like every other Playset.

Quick question, so if you have the pc version you are supposed to be able to use the web codes to add characters to your collection. I assume you still need the base game and playsets, but do the playsets web codes from the 3.0 version work with PC?
I know that's how the app works so I bet a PC version would probably work the same way.... When you buy a playset they give you a code containing the characters and playset

I like how the lightsaber isn't clean.  That's nice.  The IGN close up photo's look nice.

I can't keep track of all the stuff though that I'm now missing and the varying release dates.  Ugh.

I used the Target Cartwheel coupon combined with a price match to Walmart to get the Inside Out play set for $14.97 this morning. YMMV combining the price match with Cartwheel, as they aren't supposed to allow it. Walmart has all the 3.0 play sets for $24.96 right now. They also have good prices on the 2.0 play sets, but my Target only had The Avengers which I already have.

It's not a poor man's Super Smash Bro's. JV said there is a story like every other Playset.
I understand that; I was speaking from a gameplay pov. Not that Infinity has ever been heavy on gameplay, but Battlegrounds just seems lazy. I would expect only the biggest of marvel fans is going to buy it for it's watered down civil war storyline so I didn't think it was worth mentioning.

I'm hoping there's more to it then what I've seen, but so far I'm pretty underwhelmed.

I used the Target Cartwheel coupon combined with a price match to Walmart to get the Inside Out play set for $14.97 this morning. YMMV combining the price match with Cartwheel, as they aren't supposed to allow it. Walmart has all the 3.0 play sets for $24.96 right now. They also have good prices on the 2.0 play sets, but my Target only had The Avengers which I already have.
Beat me to it. The only difference was I matched Amazon.com. it's a good price for the set.

I understand that; I was speaking from a gameplay pov. Not that Infinity has ever been heavy on gameplay, but Battlegrounds just seems lazy. I would expect only the biggest of marvel fans is going to buy it for it's watered down civil war storyline so I didn't think it was worth mentioning.

I'm hoping there's more to it then what I've seen, but so far I'm pretty underwhelmed.
Ah, I see what you're saying then. I'm a huge Marvel fan myself, but I'm not a big fan of typical fighting games, so I understand your concern.

I have always enjoyed Super Smash Bro's. though, so if this is comparable but with Marvel characters instead, I think it should be a lot of fun.

To each their own though. :)

[quote name="Kakkarrot23" post="12964528" timestamp="1444659647"]Beat me to it. The only difference was I matched Amazon.com. it's a good price for the set.[/quote]
Price matched at $24.96 or $14.97?

[quote name="jdawgg76" post="12964567" timestamp="1444661742"]24.96 pm then applied 40% cartwheel discount to get to $14.97[/quote]
Sorry, read it wrong. Thanks for the clarification. Somehow thought you got Amazon to price match the after Cartwheel price.

Edit: Got it for $16-ish after tax at Target. Thanks for the heads up, all.

Wow. Great price! Is there a way to print out the cartwheel coupon? (I have a flip phone...) ugh
Nope. You have to have the app.

Although, you could have somebody give you a screenshot of their Cartwheel barcode, print it, and take it in. I don't know if they'd accept it, but it might be worth a try.

bread's done
Back