Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the problem with using stores as warehouses. It all depends on whether they give a shit when shipping orders. My Best Buy order came in fine but my TRU order came with a few that were obviously returned and taped back together.

I'm sure this is YMMV. My local Walmart has all the 1.0 and 2.0 figures for $6.96. They had a small aisle shelf setup showing tags for Nick Fury for $6.96 but it turns out all the old figures scan for that much. Picked up Baymax.

This was at the Walmart in Durham at New Hope Commons.

toys r us sent me the twilight of the republic set instead of the GotG set I ordered.

trying to decide if I want to just keep it and order another guardians set rather than deal with the hassle of shipping it back to them

is TRU good about handling this kinda thing? amazon would just send you the right item and tell you to keep the wrong one too

I have had a few power disc issues with toys r us and they always had me keep the wrong item and shipped me a new one, now the extra item they sent was old clearence so that may not be their policy but you can always call, they cant force you to return it :)

I have had a few power disc issues with toys r us and they always had me keep the wrong item and shipped me a new one, now the extra item they sent was old clearence so that may not be their policy but you can always call, they cant force you to return it :)
Exactly. They sent me an Elsa instead of Anna. I called them and they refunded me and also told me to keep the Elsa.

Guess I got super lucky on my first Best Buy order. Second order came in today looking like it got run over by a truck (it literately had tire marks on it!) and one of the figures had the blister pack stapled back together backwards and was missing the webcode card. Looked more like something GameStop would try to pull.

Not worth my time and effort to try and return it for $3 since they'd probably think I was the one trying to scam them with a repackaged figure. I'd be really ticked off if I paid $14 for it, but for $3 I'll let it go.

Ordering any figures from anywhere online seems to be a crapshoot.

I have to wonder where some of you people are.  Because I've not ONCE had issues with shipping from TRU, Walmart, or BB.  

Though one time I did have a CE edition of (I think it was The second Starcraft expansion) that was in the box with no bubbles.  But even then it was just dinged in a corner.

Another time someone taped my invoice right to a box.  But it came right off with no mess.

Gamestop on the other hand and their stupid stickers of doom can go take a giant leap.

Out of the 3 orders I made on $3 orders (that weren't cancelled) they were shipped in 5 packages.

Out of the 5 shipped, 3 were severely damaged with the blister ripped off.   Only 1 of them arrived in a box, the other 4 came in bubble envelopes.

I received my 10 figures from Best Buy in 5 different padded envelopes.  I open all of mine, so no big deal, but there was a good bit of damage to almost all of the blister packs.  My 9 figures from Toys R Us, though, were shipped very tightly in 1 box all together with bags of air for protection.  Toys R Us wins this round!

Yeah Toys R Us packed well. Most of my Best Buy figures arrived fine, only minor bends or a layer of dust on the packaging, but a few were peeled open. The figures were perfect, so it's fine, but disconcerting nonetheless. 

You guys complain about shipping damage?  Well how about THIS:  I did STORE PICKUP at Toys  R Us for $5 Maleficent, and when I got home I noticed the package had already been opened and re-sealed with magic tape, and the card inside was missing, assuredly to be sold on eBay by a #$&% scalper.  Which is where I ended up buying the replacement card, thus supporting what happened to me.  #%@^ my life!  But what choice did I have?  They never would have believed me if I brought it back to the store, assuming they even had duplicates which I doubt since none were on display and the prices were already back up.

You guys complain about shipping damage? Well how about THIS: I did STORE PICKUP at Toys R Us for $5 Maleficent, and when I got home I noticed the package had already been opened and re-sealed with magic tape, and the card inside was missing, assuredly to be sold on eBay by a #$&% scalper. Which is where I ended up buying the replacement card, thus supporting what happened to me. #%@^ my life! But what choice did I have? They never would have believed me if I brought it back to the store, assuming they even had duplicates which I doubt since none were on display and the prices were already back up.
Before you buy any more cards on ebay ask around here. I have a lot of character cards with unused codes that I'm happy to share for free with CAGs (including maleficent). I know other people have offered as well.

You guys complain about shipping damage? Well how about THIS: I did STORE PICKUP at Toys R Us for $5 Maleficent, and when I got home I noticed the package had already been opened and re-sealed with magic tape, and the card inside was missing, assuredly to be sold on eBay by a #$&% scalper. Which is where I ended up buying the replacement card, thus supporting what happened to me. #%@^ my life! But what choice did I have? They never would have believed me if I brought it back to the store, assuming they even had duplicates which I doubt since none were on display and the prices were already back up.
They might have believed you. I work at a Toys R Us and we have people rip open packages every now and then. We had a big problem with people doing that with Skylanders last year. Had to discount a couple because some people had damaged the packaging so much.

Before you buy any more cards on ebay ask around here. I have a lot of character cards with unused codes that I'm happy to share for free with CAGs (including maleficent). I know other people have offered as well.
Indeed. I don't care about the webcode cards and I've given several of them away to CAGS for free.

I finished the Twilight of the Republic Play Set on Steam this afternoon and I really enjoyed it. The music and voice acting are fantastic and putting the game on the extreme difficulty made it very challenging so I didn't get bored. Hopefully the Rise Against the Empire Play Set goes on sale during Black Friday so that I can get the web code for the Steam version for a good price. I'm eager to play it but I've Battlefront pre-ordered so I feel that I can wait a few weeks for it.

I finished the Twilight of the Republic Play Set on Steam this afternoon and I really enjoyed it. The music and voice acting are fantastic and putting the game on the extreme difficulty made it very challenging so I didn't get bored. Hopefully the Rise Against the Empire Play Set goes on sale during Black Friday so that I can get the web code for the Steam version for a good price. I'm eager to play it but I've Battlefront pre-ordered so I feel that I can wait a few weeks for it.
Does the webcode card that comes with the playset allow you to download it on Steam or are those codes just for the IOS app?

[quote name="JoshTX" post="13032899" timestamp="1447695056"]Does the webcode card that comes with the playset allow you to download it on Steam or are those codes just for the IOS app?[/quote]
They work on Steam too, as far as I know.

Does the webcode card that comes with the playset allow you to download it on Steam or are those codes just for the IOS app?
You have to redeem it within the game once you've launched it from Steam but then you can play the content on your PC via the Steam version.

Kind of a bummer the light fx stuff is scattered among the different retailers and apparently its "permanent". With the way things have been going they'll all be half price eventually but I still went ahead an ordered a Darth Vader for my son's Christmas.

I'm just happy they all have pre orders up so if someone wants them it's not that hard... Well. Besides Kenan, I don't think he is up

You have to redeem it within the game once you've launched it from Steam but then you can play the content on your PC via the Steam version.
Well, if that is the case, PM me if you need the code from the packaging and I will just give it to you. I'm out of town at the moment, but would be happy to give it away when I get home.

Kind of a bummer the light fx stuff is scattered among the different retailers and apparently its "permanent". With the way things have been going they'll all be half price eventually but I still went ahead an ordered a Darth Vader for my son's Christmas.
It sounds like they will be too limited to ever go on some kind of sale or clearance.

I'm just happy they all have pre orders up so if someone wants them it's not that hard... Well. Besides Kenan, I don't think he is up
Luke from Walmart is the one I'm still waiting to preorder.

Well, if that is the case, PM me if you need the code from the packaging and I will just give it to you. I'm out of town at the moment, but would be happy to give it away when I get home.
Thank you very much! I've sent you a PM as I'll happily use the code to play the Play Set on the Steam version.

Just got 2 Crystal Agent P's and a Crystal Buzz Lightyear for $9. Decent deal. I also had 2 Crystal Sulley's and 2 Crystal Jack Sparrow's but by the time I checked out they were sold out. 7 for $13 would of been a much better deal. Oh well $3 a piece cant complain, loving these DI sales lately.

EDIT

After talking to the chat support it looks like this sale is in store too and most are in stock at my local TRU. Early lunch break for me. 

Hey guys, what's the deal with these? Do people just collect the figs or is the game actually worth a damn? My 5yo daughter would love the figs but i dont know if the game would be too advanced or too boring.

My daughter started on the first one about age 6.  Some portions are a bit advanced, but more often than not, they find something they like.   My kid is in a hiatus with it right now but likes to drive around and build her house.  It's my "job" to go around and unlock stuff so she can get what she's looking for.  If something is grayed out, she harasses me to unlock it for her.  Sometimes I make her unlock them herself.

I dunno, it's one of those things where at 5 there's a broad spectrum a kid can handle.  It's not reading heavy but there is some reading.  

If you haven't bought into all of it at this point, I'm not sure what to recommend honestly.

It's definitely not Skylanders. It has moments and missions where it feels Skylanders-ish. But, it is a whole different monster. Much more like a Disney themed LittleBigPlanet that had a drunken one night stand with MineCraft. The fact that outside of the toybox, in any playset that you buy, you are extremely limited by the characters that you can use. It makes the game hard to justify unless you find it on clearance. 1.0 is free on the Wii U, and I got the 2.0 starter pack for $15 on clearance at Walmart. 3.0 is $20 on Wii U for the digital download. But, that lacks the figures and content of the 3.0 starter pack. The building system gets better each game, and they are making it feel more like an actual game with each release. So, there is that.

Just a heads up. These two items are back in stock on GS, they won't last long.

This is the best way I have found to store the figures without spending an insane amount of money, this is only $3. http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/disney-infinity-play-n-store/109627

I had three of them and they're almost full...So I ordered 3 more. You can stack them as tall as you're comfortable with, so I will have three sets of 4 sections, instead of my current 3 sets of 2 sections.

This is the best way to store power discs in a compact way. There are some Marvel themed ones out there, but there will NOT be any Star Wars themed ones (PDP made these, PowerA now has the deal with Disney). The current storage method for power discs SUCKS, it's like $13 for a little pouch that holds like maybe 10 discs. These are only $1. http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/disney-infinity-power-disc-capsule/109626

Yo, people talking about Light FX figures but all I see on Best Buy is fuckin' Anakin, and I already have that dumb bitch once which is bad enough.

Did they remove the others, or are they rolling out one per month or something?

e: Oh, they're retailer exclusive. BB sure got the short end of the stick on this one. Anyone have a grid or something about where you can find what figures?

Be quick about this, if you're doing it. I saw some of the prices going back up.

Just went to my TRU and got all of my previous crystal figures returned and rebought. It's a good feeling.

Edit: Nevermind about the haste, I suppose. Prices all seem to be $1 again even though they definitely jumped to $7.49 earlier.

Cool, ill probably wait on getting a starter with the actual game then. Ill pick up some of the figs since its a deal and wait to get the game til i see a good clearance deal.

I think my email said the $1 crystal figures at TRU are today only. DOTD
Yeah, definitely today only. If other stores are like us they only have a lot of Mr. Incredible and Buzz left. We had way bigger shipments of them than the other crystals.

Tomorrow 11/18 is the Space Race pack (Crystal Buzz and Lightning) for $10, and another sale on the 19th, though I couldn't tell what the sale actually was.

I was debating on keeping the crystal figures I bought last weekend, but even for a buck each if I matched today's deal, I think I'm going to return them. I'm mostly concerned with getting secret unlocks and the crystal figures don't count toward that.

Yo, people talking about Light FX figures but all I see on Best Buy is fuckin' Anakin, and I already have that dumb bitch once which is bad enough.

Did they remove the others, or are they rolling out one per month or something?

e: Oh, they're retailer exclusive. BB sure got the short end of the stick on this one. Anyone have a grid or something about where you can find what figures?
Anakin - Best Buy
Darth Vader - TRU
Kanan - Amazon
Luke - Wal-Mart
Obi-Wan - GameStop
Yoda - Target

I was debating on keeping the crystal figures I bought last weekend, but even for a buck each if I matched today's deal, I think I'm going to return them. I'm mostly concerned with getting secret unlocks and the crystal figures don't count toward that.
The crystal figures do unlock their own statues in the Hall of Heroes.

I just hit up the 2 Toys R Us near me. I got 5 out of the 8 crystal figures. No one had Mr. Incredible, Love Ranger or Sorcerer Mickey.

I hit the Toys R Us near me and they had pretty much one of each character except Sully (probably a dozen) and zero Lone Ranger.  So now I have one missing one to complete the set, and the girl at the register said they wouldn't be getting any more in.  :(

bread's done
Back