Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
My local TRU had the Darth Vader FX figures on the shelf. The register denied the sale but the manager overrode it and removed the rest of the figures from the floor.

My local TRU had the Darth Vader FX figures on the shelf. The register denied the sale but the manager overrode it and removed the rest of the figures from the floor.
Way to kill it for everyone else! Just kidding, grats on the luck. I totally forgot to check my local Walmart/TRU to see if they were out yet. For some reason Walmart here has placed like every Disney Infinity/Lego Dimension figure out days before release on a few occasions lately.

I just ended up getting Yoda and Obi-Wan today. Not sure if the Target stock was slim, or if they thought the Yoda was the same as the regular. As I had to dig through them to find the only one. Got the last Obi-Wan at my store though

Got the last Obi-Wan at my local GS and last Yoda at my local Target. Best Buy had 4 Anakin (grabbed 1). Local Walmart has the sign on the peg showing Luke as their exclusive but no sign of him.

Thanks. That's even cheaper than GCU. I've never paid over $14.99 for a playset, but I'm really curious to see what they do with this one. I may actually have to have it day one.

I ended up ordering all of the Light FX characters. I know it's been discussed, but it pains me to pay full price for anything. I've never paid full price for anything Disney Infinity related. Now I just bought 1 single figure for $15.99 from Tru. It hurts to my CAG core. I bought $35 worth of stuff just to get $10 off. 

I bet there will be some light FX figures still hanging around during sales at all of these various stores, but I'd rather just order them now instead of driving around and looking for them if they're out of stock online during Christmas time. I'm paying a premium, but perhaps I'll save some gas money and/or time. 

i managed to purchase 3 today while out and about, my girlfriend actually managed to do some early birthday shopping for me, and found yoda at target, and called about the rest.

after doing some groundwork at home (thank you hold in store!) i managed to get all but darth vader.

i managed to preorder luke through walmarts website and use my employee discount for 12$ and free shipping.

tried making a stop at toysrus and no one there knew anything about it or when it was supposed to be available.

being its the onyl TRU around here, i may have to order online or chance it by checking in every day and hoping to see one.

and as for the amazon figure, having a hard time trying to get that one ordered because the 6$ shipping cost is murdering it for me, just to order the figure.

i managed to purchase 3 today while out and about, my girlfriend actually managed to do some early birthday shopping for me, and found yoda at target, and called about the rest.

after doing some groundwork at home (thank you hold in store!) i managed to get all but darth vader.

i managed to preorder luke through walmarts website and use my employee discount for 12$ and free shipping.

tried making a stop at toysrus and no one there knew anything about it or when it was supposed to be available.

being its the onyl TRU around here, i may have to order online or chance it by checking in every day and hoping to see one.

and as for the amazon figure, having a hard time trying to get that one ordered because the 6$ shipping cost is murdering it for me, just to order the figure.
Oh hell no. Definitely don't pay $6 shipping. Try to figure out more stuff to buy to reach $35. Toilet paper or coffee or something you use.

Or send me an Amazon Gift Certificate for the cost with tax and your address and I'll ship you one with Amazon Prime.

So what can you actually do with the individual characters? It seems like only the play sets actually have content. I just got infinity on black friday from BB and haven't booted it up yet, guess I'm still lost on the individual characters :X

It lights up? I'm not sure the point you're trying to make.
People were complaining that the lightsabers pulse.

But the infinity base "pulses" when you put your figures on them. It would be reasonable to assume that the lightsabers would pulse as well.

P.S. I've watched a couple of vids that are less obvious with the pulsing though, since it uses NFC and not necessarily the base light (like the Skylanders)

So what can you actually do with the individual characters? It seems like only the play sets actually have content. I just got infinity on black friday from BB and haven't booted it up yet, guess I'm still lost on the individual characters :X
With individual characters you unlock some to play in certain playsets. For example you can unlock Boba Fett, and the Rebel characters to play in the Twilight Starter set after you find their champion coin.

You can also use them in the expansion packs(Toy Box Takeover) and toy box.

Characters play differently, so if you like the game there's a reason to collect the different ones to play as. They're essentially the physical manifestation of DLC characters in any other game.

People were complaining that the lightsabers pulse.

But the infinity base "pulses" when you put your figures on them. It would be reasonable to assume that the lightsabers would pulse as well.

P.S. I've watched a couple of vids that are less obvious with the pulsing though, since it uses NFC and not necessarily the base light (like the Skylanders)
Ah. Well it just being more lights is all I care about, so having multiple pulsing lights is even worse. I think I might just put something over the base so my floor isn't lit up while I'm playing.

Outside of the playsets you have Toybox mode, which allows you to build your own games little big planet style, you can also download games other people have created. You can also use non-playset characters in the expansion packs, there are 4 expansion discs in 2.0 and 2 in 3.0

You have much to learn in the ways of Infinity, young padawan.

Outside of the playsets you have Toybox mode, which allows you to build your own games little big planet style, you can also download games other people have created. You can also use non-playset characters in the expansion packs, there are 4 expansion discs in 2.0 and 2 in 3.0
4 yes, but two are palette swaps of each other, differing only in skins and which characters are eligible to play in them.

[quote name="WolfmanASTN" post="13085113" timestamp="1449445379"]Actually any character can be used in any expansion disc
But you are right about two of them being the same thing[/quote]
Not true with the 2.0 Toybox Games (Stitch, Brave, Asgard, Guardians). Marvel characters can't play in the Disney ones, and vice versa.

Might want to consider taking a trip to your local TRU.  I just picked up a Light FX Vader from off the shelf and paired it with a Lego Dimensions Fun pack to get 40% off.  He is out there.

TRU denied my GameStop price match of a Power Capsule, though. "We don't price match GameStop," they said.  Ridiculous.

Might want to consider taking a trip to your local TRU. I just picked up a Light FX Vader from off the shelf and paired it with a Lego Dimensions Fun pack to get 40% off. He is out there.
I've been checking mine every few days. They had a few normal Vaders a couple days ago, but seem to have sold out yesterday and haven't put any out more. Keeping fingers crossed the Light FX one will just turn up by this weekend so I can get in on the 40% off.

Did pick up Luke tonight from Walmart.

Visited the closest Walmart tonight...the sales guy (who was otherwise helpful/friendly about doing some price adjustments on LEGO Star Wars stuff) said the Luke FX's haven't arrived yet. No idea if that's true or if they just decided not to put them on the floor yet for some bizarre reason. There's another Walmart about 30 minutes away so I'll check both over the next few days.

$6 off 2.0 figures seems to be live at Best Buy again
Thanks for the heads up, I decided to grab a bunch of the 2.0 figures for stocking stuffers & a few for my collection. With GCU they come out to $6.36 each. This is the best price on 2.0 figs I've seen so far. Currently the next best price seems to be at Walmart for $6.96 where they're clearing 'em out to make shelf space for the newer stuff. I'm assuming $6ish is a good price for these but have only recently been bitten by the collector bug so am not sure if these have been available for less before &/or if they're likely to be significantly cheaper in the future. Any Infinity vets in here care to chime in?

3.0 is Killing me lets see grabbed FX Vader and Kylo Ren tonight with the Buy 1 get 1 40% off at TRU.com .....I'll grab FX Luke in the morning from Walmart . Then I'll trade in old Luke and Obi Wan, use my credit plus that 5 bucks off (from that app promo) on either FX Obi, Maul, or wait for the Playset..................Gotta Keep the cheapassgamer in me alive

That $5 gamestop coupon from the spellstone app makes picking up 2.0 figures from Gamestop an easy purchase. My daughter grabbed Aladdin for $1.06 after tax out the door. Definitely worth doing for those stragglers.

I got the notice that mine was delayed as well. I don't mind waiting as long as it comes eventually. It's still better than setting foot in a walmart store.
Nah . Incoming cancellation for all of you. I don't bother with Walmart anymore. How can a company this large have absolute garbage software to keep accurate inventory?

It's available for shipping on their website right now. Has anyone other than Mario Speedwagon received a cancellation and not just a delay?

It's available for shipping on their website right now. Has anyone other than Mario Speedwagon received a cancellation and not just a delay?
It said Pickup only earlier today but now its back to shipping. Not sure if is should just go grab one from the only store in the area that shows stock. Has anyone been able to pick up Darth yet? I got my order in before they added the TRUtax™ but the $6 shipping kinda kills it and it would be nice to have him early.

So my local walmart had a few Luke LightFX left. I didn't pick one up though...yet. So I'm trying to figure this out. Are you guys actually buying him at full price? I really don't think I can justify paying $15 when he comes in the RATE play set. Granted I just got DI 3 the other day as a gift so I haven't really picked up any characters or packs yet. I want the Light FX but is there a way you guys are getting it cheaper? Is there a place that is giving half way decent deals on trading in non LightFX Luke? Same situation with Anakin. Just seems lame to me. Why weren't they LightFX to begin with

Target has some 2.0 figures marked down to $5.70 or so--there were specific tags for Venom and Rocket at that price. 

Any deals around on the GotG playset?

bread's done
Back