Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
YMMV one Wal Mart near me had Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Obi Wan on clearance for $6. They also had the force awakens power disc set on clearance for $5. Another Wal Mart on the other side of town had them ringing up for full price. 

Is there a difference between the 1.0 TRU Sorcerer Mickey and the 2.0 Sorcerer Mickey?
One is the crystal version, the other isn't. If there's any differences besides the aesthetics and them being separate figures, I'm not aware of it. I had read something about the crystal figures being more powerful, but I can't confirm that.

One is the crystal version, the other isn't. If there's any differences besides the aesthetics and them being separate figures, I'm not aware of it. I had read something about the crystal figures being more powerful, but I can't confirm that.
I have also heard crystal mickey is more powerful but cannot confirm.

I have also heard crystal mickey is more powerful but cannot confirm.
That sounds like the complete opposite of everything I know about how the game was made. They specifically wanted to make something "Special, but not super special" for the stores. That runs in contrast to Skylanders where the the special editions of characters have higher level caps.

That sounds like the complete opposite of everything I know about how the game was made. They specifically wanted to make something "Special, but not super special" for the stores. That runs in contrast to Skylanders where the the special editions of characters have higher level caps.
well, it was a 11 year old that told me so that's why I said I can't confirm.

1.0 Series 3; no.  Although maximumzero on this forum made up some great custom inserts you could use on any old 1.0 album.
3.0; also a no.  I have high hopes to reconfigure one of the bigger 2.0 albums to hold all of the 3.0 discs.  I'd like to do new inserts and a new cover if I could find some decent hi-res artwork.  (I also should've started with a Marvel album as it holds more circular discs...I'm already out of room before Battlegrounds hits.)

1.0 Series 3; no. Although maximumzero on this forum made up some great custom inserts you could use on any old 1.0 album.
3.0; also a no. I have high hopes to reconfigure one of the bigger 2.0 albums to hold all of the 3.0 discs. I'd like to do new inserts and a new cover if I could find some decent hi-res artwork. (I also should've started with a Marvel album as it holds more circular discs...I'm already out of room before Battlegrounds hits.)
I have a marvel 2.0 album for trade. I am looking for a Disney originals 2.0 album for it. I can either send the 5 marvel 2.0 discs with it for some discs I need or just send the book by itself.

Same here. Saw signage that read 2/20 at two different stores.

With the end date so far out, even a poor white boy like me can stock up. Pretty sweet.

Crud. I ordered 5 figures from GameStop using their preowned promotion but they just shipped 4 of 5; does anyone know if they usually split orders or if I'm hosed?
Think they will split the orders but not charge you for what not shipped until otherwise. When I ordered five figures, everyone shipped but Boba Fett. I was charged $13 instead of the $27 at the time, and when Boba Fett was cancelled, I never had to pay for the difference.

grabbed 8 i needed and 2 extra i'm going to trade back in. i'm now Violet away from 1.0 and 2.0 complete collections! not really sure what i'm going to do when marvel battlegrounds comes out. thinking i'll just do a receiptless exchange at target or something and grab a figure i don't have already.

I'm so glad I don't feel the need to collect every figure. That must be exhausting, not to mention expensive. I only grab the ones I really like.

I didn't initially plan on collecting too many DI figures since picking it up in October, but it was something that I easily ended up doing sort of by accident. Thanks to all of the contests and Christmas/Birthday, I've only spent $30 and have collected all of the Star Wars and Marvel figures except for Boba Fett, Kylo Ren, and Ronan. That's something I can totally live with.

Grabbed Han Solo and Obi-Wan at DG. Once I find Ezra Bridger and Poe Dameron at a low price, I will be done with Star Wars.

As far as DG, my store was another that had them listed at $14 and had no signage anywhere indicating they were 50% off, yet they rang up at $7. They only had Hulk, Cap, Maleficent, and Jasmine left as far as 2.0, but for 3.0 Disney Originals they had Mickey, Minnie, and Olaf. Most of the Star Wars characters were available but nobody from Rebels or TFA.

While browsing Best Buy's website tonight, I discovered that the Pre Order listing for Disney Infinity Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set is now at 19.99 (down from the previous listed 29.99 price). Perhaps a sale price for the upcoming release in March? (Unable to post link here due to this is my first posting and CAG requires 3 to post links -- sorry!).

While browsing Best Buy's website tonight, I discovered that the Pre Order listing for Disney Infinity Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set is now at 19.99 (down from the previous listed 29.99 price). Perhaps a sale price for the upcoming release in March?
Great find GCU wins again, we'll unless you want some old 2.0 figure

Here's the link too
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-interactive-studios-disney-infinity-3-0-edition-marvel-battlegrounds-play-set/4847003.p?id=bb4847003&skuId=4847003

Great find and the 4 or so marvel figures that are still in stock stack with the sale price meaning with GCU you can get the new set plus one of the 4 figures for $15.99. Won't get much cheaper than that.

While browsing Best Buy's website tonight, I discovered that the Pre Order listing for Disney Infinity Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set is now at 19.99 (down from the previous listed 29.99 price). Perhaps a sale price for the upcoming release in March? (Unable to post link here due to this is my first posting and CAG requires 3 to post links -- sorry!).
Hot damn! Nice find! $15.99 with GCU is hard to pass up. Ordered.

Grabbed Han Solo and Obi-Wan at DG. Once I find Ezra Bridger and Poe Dameron at a low price, I will be done with Star Wars.
I grabbed the same 2 yeaterday and only need the same 2 to complete Star Wars also lol TWINZEES!

While browsing Best Buy's website tonight, I discovered that the Pre Order listing for Disney Infinity Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set is now at 19.99 (down from the previous listed 29.99 price).
Thanks a ton... just ordered mine

Great find and the 4 or so marvel figures that are still in stock stack with the sale price meaning with GCU you can get the new set plus one of the 4 figures for $15.99. Won't get much cheaper than that.
Does any 2.0 character work, or just Marvel?

Thanks!

Excellent find. Preordered and getting Nick Fury free for $17 after GCU and tax. Thanks!

Yep, good find, thanks! The free figure selection was running low for me so you might need to get on it if interested.

In regards to the DG sale thing, I went to one of the two in Bloomington, IN. They had almost nothing left. I picked up the last and ONLY 3 SW characters they had. Yoda, Vader, Obi and asked the clerk if they had more/were getting more/why, and he responded that they were sent DI figures for BF and this was the remaining stock they were trying to clear out. They had a few 2.0 ones laying around, no Marvel, but nothing worth mentioning.

Bit of a fail on Amazon's part to match the $19.99 price, but remove the Prime 20% pre-order discount.  Anyone try contacting Amazon yet to get it for $15.99 w/prime? I'd much rather do that than pay tax just to get an old figure I already have.

Does BB do the pre-order price guarantee thing?

I already ordered the Marvel Battlegrounds set and already received by free 2.0 figure. I am certain if I cancel my existing preorder, and then re-order it, that I will get charged for my free figure...

Damn.

Does BB do the pre-order price guarantee thing?

I already ordered the Marvel Battlegrounds set and already received by free 2.0 figure. I am certain if I cancel my existing preorder, and then re-order it, that I will get charged for my free figure...

Damn.
Plus the figure definitely wont be there, call customer service and see if they can adjust it

Bit of a fail on Amazon's part to match the $19.99 price, but remove the Prime 20% pre-order discount. Anyone try contacting Amazon yet to get it for $15.99 w/prime? I'd much rather do that than pay tax just to get an old figure I already have.
The terms and conditions for the Amazon discount specifically state that it's 20% off list price. You can get that any time up to two weeks post launch, but they won't stack it with a price match. (Most brick and mortar have similar policies, but people here have luck getting overrides.)

In this case, the amount that Best Buy wants to ship the playset plus the "free" figure (which ships separately - if I was buying from BB I would specifically skip the free offer because I'm not confident I can unload the extra figure I don't need for more than they're charging to ship it) wipes out the 20% for GCU, unless you want to buy something else that isn't on sale to get to $35. (Or you could walk to the store so that you don't have to pay for gas, and you'll still be out of luck on the sales tax.)

Also, they appear to have stealth changed the terms of GCU so that now your discount penalizes your order total for the purpose of shipping. This isn't a huge deal if you are buying new console games at MSRP, but it really hurts the value of GCU for toys to life (which was the main reason I paid for the thing).

Been to 6 different Dollar stores in my county and struck out on all not a one anywhere, was this a regional thing. I'm in Va near KY and Tn.
Also pre ordered the new set and iron fist figure from BB with GCU.

Been to 6 different Dollar stores in my county and struck out on all not a one anywhere, was this a regional thing. I'm in Va near KY and Tn.
Also pre ordered the new set and iron fist figure from BB with GCU.
It's only at Dollar General, not just any regular dollar store

Had to get Drax as my free figure. There's only like 3 options left lol.
LOL, I got Thor because he is a really nice figure to put on my desk. None of them would have any real trade in value but the discount is nice and a free figure is a free figure. If they were all still available, Hulk would have been my easy choice.

Had to get Drax as my free figure. There's only like 3 options left lol.
Lol, same here.

LOL, I got Thor because he is a really nice figure to put on my desk. None of them would have any real trade in value but the discount is nice and a free figure is a free figure. If they were all still available, Hulk would have been my easy choice.
I almost got him, but since Drax is more I figured that's the "better" deal if I ever decide to pick up Thor later.

I would jump on this deal, but I remember from trying to get that Majora Mask 3DS XL last year that they charged on pre-orders. I like Amazon approach more where it only charges upon shipping.

The only one I didn't already have was Ronan so I guess it's not that big of a deal. Drax will also end up on my desk lol.

bread's done
Back