Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
The terms and conditions for the Amazon discount specifically state that it's 20% off list price. You can get that any time up to two weeks post launch, but they won't stack it with a price match. (Most brick and mortar have similar policies, but people here have luck getting overrides.)
Didn't see the sneaky "20% off of list price" in the terms and conditions, figured it was simply off of the sales price. Really makes the Prime discount another few notches lower than it already was against GCU.

Missed out on free Iron Fist, one of the very few Marvel characters I don't have. I'd really like to get Falcon, as flyers are about as important in Infinity as guns are in Gears Of War. It's a living hell playing any of the 2.0 levels without flying around where you need to go.

I went with another Nick Fury. Drax is one of the ugliest figures I've ever seen out of any of the Infinity line.

My free Nick Fury came in today from the Battlegrounds preorder and they mistakenly  sent me the Nick Fury with the display case. Pretty good deal so far.  :D/

Got the free Iron Fist guy in the mail.  I have never heard of him before this but it was one of the few I didn't have.

Got the free Iron Fist guy in the mail. I have never heard of him before this but it was one of the few I didn't have.
he was created in the 70's during the kung-fu craze. He's had some good and bad comics over the years. He was in the recent spiderman cartoons as a teenager but I wouldn't bother with that. He's slated for a Netflix series soon and I have a lot of hope for that. Especially if he and his partner Luke Cage get together. Wonder why they didn't make a Cage figure based on the cartoon?

he was created in the 70's during the kung-fu craze. He's had some good and bad comics over the years. He was in the recent spiderman cartoons as a teenager but I wouldn't bother with that. He's slated for a Netflix series soon and I have a lot of hope for that. Especially if he and his partner Luke Cage get together. Wonder why they didn't make a Cage figure based on the cartoon?
The Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist shows are all meant to be lead ins to a Defenders series! Like how they did it with the Avengers movies.

And i'm guessing they didn't make his figure since he's a NPC in the play set :p

The Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist shows are all meant to be lead ins to a Defenders series! Like how they did it with the Avengers movies.

And i'm guessing they didn't make his figure since he's a NPC in the play set :p
I honestly do not expect those to make the Infinity lineup anytime soon (at least until if/when they show up in the Infinity Wars movies). Those Netflix shows are NOT kid friendly, in the least. Daredevil is extremely violent and Jessica Jones has some highly mature themes. I love both the series, but no way I'd let my young kids watch them. The first three episodes of Daredevil turn a lot of adults off from the graphic violence.

Luke Cage is a bit different though, since he had a presence in the cartoon. I guess they just chose to draw the line at a certain number of figures back then and his powers probably didn't translate well, and now his place in the MCU is in a strictly adults only area. They probably would have skipped Iron Fist as well if his series was closer to being realized.

I don't think we'll get a Jessica Jones anytime soon. John Vignocchi specifically said they won't be adding Daredevil because the Netflix show is too violent. I expect we'll get Luke from the Ultimate Spidey tv show, though.

Got the free Iron Fist guy in the mail. I have never heard of him before this but it was one of the few I didn't have.
Fist is a really fun character to play as in the Street Brawler and Toybox Takeover. Those focused Chi attacks are pretty bad ass! I had a great time beating up Stormtroopers with him in the Droid Rescue mission.

If any of you have Kohl's Cash lying around... Select DI 2.0 figures rang up $5.59, but not all of them. Nick Fury, Drax, & Daffy Duck all were at that price though!

If any of you have Kohl's Cash lying around... Select DI 2.0 figures rang up $5.59, but not all of them. Nick Fury, Drax, & Daffy Duck all were at that price though!
Drax is $5 at BBY; not sure about Nick.

I didn't even know Kohls carried DI figures.

You can manage some nice $6/ES DI2.0 figures on TRU right now. Some are listed at 7.50/ea, when combined with the b1g1@40%off is $6ea.

What's Street Brawler?
In the Hub area of 3.0, go to the Combat kiosk and find it in the menu there. It's kind of a Double Dragon style beat-em-up with your character fighting their way through Symbiotes, Frost Giants, and Omnidroids. It's good fun and a great way to level up a character.

I don't think I can post links but the Spider man playset is on sale for 19 bucks at Overstock. Which as a new infinity person, is the cheapest I've seen it.

While it isn't new, I'd suggest that if anyone wants the Spider-Man playset that they buy it piecemeal from Gamestop used. That way you can spend around $20 and get 2 extra free figures thanks to the b2g3 and CAG16.

Many of the Disney 2.0 figures are available online again; not sure how much longer the $19.99 Battlegrounds preorde (with free figure) will last. I just nabbed Falcon with it myself.

Low of BBY to suddenly have more availability.

If I preorder Battlegrounds for the bonus figure in-store and then cancel it, would they request the figure back?
No, they'll just take the cost of the figure plus the cost of shipping the figure (assuming there isn't $35 in merchandise post-GCU left in your order) out of your refund, just like it says they will on the offer terms page. I would imagine they'd refund the figure if you returned it unopened to a store, but not the shipping because that's money they've actually had to pay to a third party to have it delivered to your house. I don't get why people always think they're going to pull a fast one on retailers with this sort of "trick/exploit/etc".

In other news, the BBY sales include unadvertised specials on $10 off 3.0 playsets and $4 power disc packs.

Looks like Best Buy has everything on sale again. Toy Box discs are 9.99 (7.99 GCU). Power discs are 3.99 (3.19 GCU)
This is a new low for 3.0 power disc packs. 3.0 figures are 9.99 but weirdly the 2.0 figures that were 7.99 last week are back up to 9.99!?

Which are the best of the disc packs? Vehicles and powers maybe, I don't have GCU and even if I did, paying for sky or floor textures is no deal to me...thanks!

No, they'll just take the cost of the figure plus the cost of shipping the figure (assuming there isn't $35 in merchandise post-GCU left in your order) out of your refund, just like it says they will on the offer terms page. I would imagine they'd refund the figure if you returned it unopened to a store, but not the shipping because that's money they've actually had to pay to a third party to have it delivered to your house. I don't get why people always think they're going to pull a fast one on retailers with this sort of "trick/exploit/etc".
What about for Gamestop?

Finally found a Baymax in the area.. picked it up at Gamestop with the B2G3 deal.. also they had a brand new Barbosa for $2.97 and we didn't have him so I grabbed that too..
Gotta check out Best Buy for the power discs.. glad I didn't buy at GS yesterday

My X1 just lost all of our DI2.0 progress. Everything. Sparks. Toy boxes. saves. Items. Our figures are still leveled and skill trees preserved thanks to that being stored on the figures at least. It took 5 minutes just to put all of our 1.0 figures and set pieces on the base and "share ownership". Ugh.

Anyone else ever have this issue?

My X1 just lost all of our DI2.0 progress. Everything. Sparks. Toy boxes. saves. Items. Our figures are still leveled and skill trees preserved thanks to that being stored on the figures at least. It took 5 minutes just to put all of our 1.0 figures and set pieces on the base and "share ownership". Ugh.

Anyone else ever have this issue?
Not on X1, but I have had this issue a few times with DI 3.0 on the PS3. I'm never sure what causes it, but usually the third of fourth consecutive time I play it the game will have erased all my data so I'll need to start over again at the beginning.

Cool The Force Awakens playset is finally $20 again with GCU. I mainly just want the Rey figure, but $10/figure ain't too bad. 

Didn't realize the Power Discs for 3.0 were so cheap this week. Looks like I'll be grabbing them all finally. I can't reasonably see them going any cheaper than this

Been a few pages but still looking for the codes for Iron Fist, Starlord & Gamora, Violet, Davy Jones, and Ashoka (or the starter kit for 3.0) I have the codes for Rocket Racoon, Jack Skeleton, Eliza, Anna, Venom, Wreck It Ralph, Vanellope, Groot, and Thor for trade.

I finally got around to rearranging all my Infinity figures on display. Since 3.0 I had just been kind of plopping them where ever they fit. Now I have all the Star Wars figures with their respective sets and see that Darth Maul by comparison is a freaking giant. I didn't notice it when they weren't together but putting him by Anakin and Obi-Wan he is HUGE. 

Looks like Best Buy has everything on sale again. Toy Box discs are 9.99 (7.99 GCU). Power discs are 3.99 (3.19 GCU)
Thanks for the info. BB near me had them marked as clearance. Ive seen them on sale at the price before but they werent marked as clearance. Im only collecting SW so I was able to snag quite a few. I think I have them all except for Kanan, Vader, and Yoda FX.

bread's done
Back