Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I wholeheartedly agree. I've been waiting for this since 1.0! I know a lot of people don't care about trophies, but it would extend the longevity of the game for trophy hunters.
Have to agree here, though trying to get 3 stars on every mission in every playset and complete every feat is pretty satisfying for me. Still, more trophies would be nice, especially considering there won't be a 4.0 this year.

Saw the new Zootopia figures at TRU today ... nice looking, but kind of still unappealing without a playset. Mixed on the lack of a Disney 4.0, I guess that's good in some ways but not so good in others. Seems like the older consoles are going to hold back any real progress for these toys to life games, but it would be neat to see a Xbox One / PS4 / PC exclusive release that harnesses more console power for the toy box mode, etc.

They strongly hinted at Finding Dory and Alice in Wonderland being 2 of the upcoming playsets at the end.

Also, Boba Fett will probably be released on March 15th with everything else.

Anyways, some pretty awesome announcements and hints towards the future today. Can't wait to pick up all of the new figures on March 15th. :D
I missed the hints initially! Glad they at least dropped some decent info.

As for Fett, I hope so, but I'm beginning to think that the rumors of his inclusion in Rogue One are true and that they'll hold him for US release with the playset.

I really hope I'm wrong, though.

Maybe I'm confused ... but Boba Fett is selling on Amazon for $12 at the moment. It might be the Australian or European version, but does that really matter much? Anyone who really wanted Boba Fett should be able to easily buy him online for around retail now.

Not to be that guy, but it would be nice if they added trophies/achievements for new playsets. Got the platinum and have felt uninspired to return to DI since.
I still haven't finished the last big one of playing 10 arcade games because it's such a slow grind to find a viable match. I do wish they had added some trophies for the playsets, it would have given me some incentive to get them back out after the kids beat them so quickly.

Bummer there weren't any interesting announcements for Infinity Next. Marvel Battlegrounds look decent but not that amazing. At this point I just wish they would make the toybox much more powerful and I'd start building some interesting content.

I missed the hints initially! Glad they at least dropped some decent info.

As for Fett, I hope so, but I'm beginning to think that the rumors of his inclusion in Rogue One are true and that they'll hold him for US release with the playset.

I really hope I'm wrong, though.
They actually just announced Boba Fett will be releasing on March 15th at twitter.com/DisneyInfinity. Glad that got cleared up as I am really looking forward to playing with him, haha.

Also, the Infinity team confirmed on their Twitch stream today that if you have every figure released through March 15th, besides Baloo, you will unlock the Keyblade from Kingdom Hearts. Can't wait to use it! :)

I hope they can'x Boba so I can do the fat boy dance about getting one for PS4.

But seriously, I'm torn.  I don't care for the Toybox figs anymore.  I just don't have the time or patience for them.

Maybe I'm confused ... but Boba Fett is selling on Amazon for $12 at the moment. It might be the Australian or European version, but does that really matter much? Anyone who really wanted Boba Fett should be able to easily buy him online for around retail now.
I may have missed the listing you were talking about, but the ones I see for sale all have at least $10 shipping charges, so they're a bit over retail.

I really want Boba Fett, but the only times I've seen him for what would be retail my orders have been canceled. Three times on Amazon, six times on Gamestop's site. I have been pretty unlucky with acquiring him, so my only hope has been buying him once he was available at retail.

Sitting in the theater waiting for the screening. Free gifts were nice - DI tote bag, a poster about the new Cap figure, and a Judy figure.

Also, the Infinity team confirmed on their Twitch stream today that if you have every figure released through March 15th, besides Baloo, you will unlock the Keyblade from Kingdom Hearts. Can't wait to use it! :)
Does that mean I need the crystal figures, too? Because I really don't want those.

Does that mean I need the crystal figures, too? Because I really don't want those.
You shouldn't need them, as I didn't need them for the ultimate unlock for 2.0. I refuse to buy those things, lol. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Anyways, just got back from the Anaheim screening. The movie was fantastic, and getting a free Judy Hopps figure out of it was just icing on the cake. It's freaking awesome that they do events like this for the community. :D

Went to the San Francisco event tonight and they had technical difficulties with the Disney Infinity Next video, audio was out of sync and then just completely dropped out. They tried playing it twice but then decided to just start the movie instead.
The SF event was at the AMC Metreon which is probably the coolest theater I've ever been to. In addition to the free swag everyone else mentioned they also gave us free popcorn and drinks too. And the best part was the movie. The marketing is just playing it safe with the ads but this movie is just great. Gorgeous to look at, funny, cute and surprisingly smart and socially relevant without being preachy. Lots of Easter eggs and jokes/references to other Disney movies. Highly recommended!

Yeah the ads for Zootopia are playing it safe. I think Disney knows people are gong to come see it anyways because it's an animated Disney film but are then going to leave pleasantly surprised how good it actually is.
In relation to the game I usually pass on toy box only figures but Nick and Judy are just such great characters I want to get Nick now, especially seeing his moves, weapons and how they were inspired from the movie.

On a related note I saw Good Dinosaur last weekend, wasn't the greatest Pixar offering but certainly was nowhere near their worst either.

I hope they can'x Boba so I can do the fat boy dance about getting one for PS4.

But seriously, I'm torn. I don't care for the Toybox figs anymore. I just don't have the time or patience for them.
Hopefully, they'll include coins with the Original sets, just like Star Wars (as if that will happen, but I can hope), or release an all-inclusive Originals playset like Battlegrounds is for Marvel.

Does anyone know if you can PM a playset and still get the free figure at either BB or Target this week?  The fine print doesn't seem to exclude it, but I could easily see them arguing it, plus I don't have the best luck PM'ing things.  Also will Best Buy PM a receipt or do they need to see the ad/price on the website?  Thanks.

I just pre-ordered the Marvel Battlegrounds set on Amazon and I am a Prime member but I don't see that it gave me 20% off, or is the $19.99 already the Prime price? Do I need to call and get an adjustment or do they adjust the price when it ships?

I just pre-ordered the Marvel Battlegrounds set on Amazon and I am a Prime member but I don't see that it gave me 20% off, or is the $19.99 already the Prime price? Do I need to call and get an adjustment or do they adjust the price when it ships?
20% off isn't for everything, just what amazon wants it to be on. Best Buy is the best deal with GCU. Free figure and $16.

Msrp is 29.99 so they're giving you the cheaper price already.

Have any of you ever had dealings with infinity support? My 3.0 disc keeps kicking me back out to the menu. I've done a lot of troubleshooting and sent them pictures they requested proving its not on my end. I kind of feel like they're unwilling to send me a replacement disc, and are just biding their time asking me more questions waiting for me to give up.

Msrp is 29.99 so they're giving you the cheaper price already.

Have any of you ever had dealings with infinity support? My 3.0 disc keeps kicking me back out to the menu. I've done a lot of troubleshooting and sent them pictures they requested proving its not on my end. I kind of feel like they're unwilling to send me a replacement disc, and are just biding their time asking me more questions waiting for me to give up.
Is this the WiiU version? That's the one my little brother had problems with. We talked back and forth with support for weeks and finally gave up. Nearly 2 months of near daily back and forth and they didn't budge a goddamn inch on sending him a new disc. I eventually just bought one off Craigslist for $10. Worked fine, too.

Is this the WiiU version? That's the one my little brother had problems with. We talked back and forth with support for weeks and finally gave up. Nearly 2 months of near daily back and forth and they didn't budge a goddamn inch on sending him a new disc. I eventually just bought one off Craigslist for $10. Worked fine, too.
simple solution would have been to buy a used copy at gamestop, then return the defective one saying your system kept kicking it back out. they should give you a refund no questions asked.

simple solution would have been to buy a used copy at gamestop, then return the defective one saying your system kept kicking it back out. they should give you a refund no questions asked.
Thanks. I'll probably just stop buying infinity stuff until a cheap used copy pops up.

Thanks to Flying Cow, Ray2dee, and Killmer for checking their BB order status, I was indeed incorrectly charged $8 for the free Battlegrounds figure when they canceled another figure that was backordered out of my order.  Customer service said they'd reverse the charge, no way to know if they would have come clean if I hadn't complained. BB/GCU is just such a pain in the rear if you don't live near a Best Buy and try to rely on shipping.  

Separately, I'm starting to second-guess the $16 GCU preorder (though there's no canceling it now that I'd be charged shipping for the rest of the order).  Compared to the "$30 MSRP", $16 GCU with a "free" (hopefully) 2.0 figure I don't need but can maybe trade in for a few bucks sounded like a bargain.  Now we're seeing most retailers offer "free 3.0 figure with playset purchase". We don't know if that deal will apply to Battlegrounds, but if it did it would be a larger effective discount and include a figure I actually wanted instead.  I'm half dreading the ads for launch week because I suspect someone will have a deal that I want more than the deal I got.  

Then again, the 4-player fighting game with the hypothetical single player mode no one has seen is the only Marvel playset launching in 2015 or 2016, so I guess there's no hurry to get the rest of the figures.

Thanks to Flying Cow, Ray2dee, and Killmer for checking their BB order status, I was indeed incorrectly charged $8 for the free Battlegrounds figure when they canceled another figure that was backordered out of my order. Customer service said they'd reverse the charge, no way to know if they would have come clean if I hadn't complained. BB/GCU is just such a pain in the rear if you don't live near a Best Buy and try to rely on shipping.

Now we're seeing most retailers offer "free 3.0 figure with playset purchase". We don't know if that deal will apply to Battlegrounds, but if it did it would be a larger effective discount and include a figure I actually wanted instead. I'm half dreading the ads for launch week because I suspect someone will have a deal that I want more than the deal I got.

Then again, the 4-player fighting game with the hypothetical single player mode no one has seen is the only Marvel playset launching in 2015 or 2016, so I guess there's no hurry to get the rest of the figures.
That 3.0 figure deal is running the week before the Battlegrounds set is released. Unless they offer the deal again, it will most likely not be around when the set releases.

So it looks like we'll be getting some totally new figures come this year. I received an email from a newsletter I subscribe to for all toys to life games, and from what I see, finding dory and alice through the looking glass will be coming to Disney infinity sometime soon.

Ant Man, Baloo, Black Panther, Black Suit Spiderman, and Vision are all up for pre-order at Amazon and Best Buy, for anyone interested. I don't see Boba Fett up quite yet though.

You guys have any good suggestions for shipping loose figures?
You also may want to try a piece of cardboard around them. I personally favor the old single cut so the cardboard makes a square like the ones you get for Christmas ornaments. Most of the newer characters have bits that stick out that bubble wrap just doesn't protect.

Somebody just broke street date!!

(ppsstt, it was Wal-Mart in Omaha, 132nd & L)

Might not be of much use, though, since it will most likely have a download update released to coincide with the new items before they're playable/recognized in-game.  That's what the little wi-fi-ish symbol means next to all of them but black spidey.

bread's done
Back