Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
So with BBY doing 3.0 starter packs at $23.99 GCU today, looks like it is time for me to jump in. Prob hold this for Xmas gift ... altough price could drop lower Black Friday, I suppose.

Is this the cheapest the 3.0 starters have been? 

EDIT: Went ahead & bit on it along w/ the 3 $3.20 figures & about 3 packs of the $1.60 power disks. 

Is DI 3.0 for $9.99 (XB1 GWG) a good deal? Should I be jumping on this? My oldest is 3, so I still have some time before the kids are into this game, but I have been starting to watch for deals on the game and the old v1 characters they like before they disappear.

Zero interest in the DI 3.0 Star Wars Starter Kit, so my thought was to buy this digitally, pickup DI 2.0 starter kit, and buy Rise of Empire pack too.

Is DI 3.0 for $9.99 (XB1 GWG) a good deal? Should I be jumping on this? My oldest is 3, so I still have some time before the kids are into this game, but I have been starting to watch for deals on the game and the old v1 characters they like before they disappear.

Zero interest in the DI 3.0 Star Wars Starter Kit, so my thought was to buy this digitally, pickup DI 2.0 starter kit, and buy Rise of Empire pack too.
$10 for the base 3.0 game seems pretty cheap. Just know that it will be completely useless until you pick up that XB1 2.0 starter kit because it won't run at all without a base connected.

That will do.

Your reason to buy DI 2.0 starter kit is just to get the base or also the figures (there are Avengers with Play Set or Stitch and Merida toy box sets). If you just need the base, you might get used cheap from ebay or local game stop. Make sure to get the XB1 base, other base are not compatible. I sold a new XB1 base on ebay for $5 + shipping a few weeks ago.

(I have duplicate Avengers figure and play set piece for sale if interested, and I'm looking for the Star Wars Starter Pack figures and playset piece only if you want to split the starter pack)

While most hardcore games think DI is only for kids, as an ex-hardcore gamers (Doom, Quake, Unreal, MoH, CoD... name them all, but also played many Lego games) I also enjoy this game. You might need to lower the difficulty to Easy for kid though as they might just beat anything up without strategy in some harder mission (and die) and the Toy Box can be challenging for them to put things making sense together.

murph17 has already mentioned this for Xbox, but the DI 3.0 software is now on sale digitally on multiple platforms for around $10.  Obviously you need a base and at least 1 character to play.  This Xbox discounts require Xbox Live Gold.

PS3 - $9.89

PS4 - $9.89

Xbox 360 - $9.89

Xbox One - $9.90

This is great! I have just enough credit on Xbox (half of which is about to expire) to get 3.0. Definitely the best way to go if you only need the 3.0 software. 

I'm tempted to buy the digital version (XB1) just to not have to use the physical disc... seems the disc trades in for $6 credit at Gamestop.  Not a bad convenience fee and insurance in case my optical drive bites the dust.  Does anyone know if there's someone giving more than $6 for the disc (only)?  I tried to find the Best Buy trade in price but they didn't have it listed.

I'm hoping someone won't mind helping me out.  I'd like to get the digital version of Disney Infinity 3.0 for Xbox One that's on sale this week and use my old Xbox 360 Disney Infinity 1.0 base.  Is this possible?  Also, can I simply purchase any Disney Infinity 3.0 character(s) from the Best Buy sale today to play the game or are specific ones needed for the campaign?  Lastly, I recall that the old Disney Infinity games had a level item that you had to put on the base to load up the campaign.  I assume this isn't needed for the digital version or not used in 3.0?  Sorry for all the noob questions.

You need an Xbox One base. Can't use the 360 base. You can buy any figures and they work on anything. You do need the "level items" to play those still.

After collecting all the Star Wars figures outside of Boba and picking up the starter set last week when it was on sale at Best Buy, I finally got to try the game last night. I'm not a huge fan of the platforming bits, but the combat has me hooked, I started Twilight of the Republic, unlocked Zeb, and quickly leveled him to ten by just doing the droid combat challenge on Geonosis, pretty fun game regardless of its target demo.

You need an Xbox One base. Can't use the 360 base. You can buy any figures and they work on anything. You do need the "level items" to play those still.
Thanks for the response. Just to clarify, what am I getting when I purchase the digital version of the game? I see that the DI 3.0 starter pack still has the Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Play Set piece in the box, so am I only getting the toy box mode? I guess I thought it would come with the basic campaign, so now I'm thinking it's not that appealing of an option for my situation.

Thanks for the response. Just to clarify, what am I getting when I purchase the digital version of the game? I see that the DI 3.0 starter pack still has the Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Play Set piece in the box, so am I only getting the toy box mode? I guess I thought it would come with the basic campaign, so now I'm thinking it's not that appealing of an option for my situation.
It's just the game. So, you'd be able to do the toy box, like you said. It's more of a way to get rid of the disc if you already have the starter pack or play set, but it sounds like it may not be what you're looking for.

If you're like me and loathe the Star Wars prequel era stuff, buy the digital version for $10, a used base at Gamestop for $4.49, and then whatever 3.0 playset does appeal to you. I highly recommend Toy Box Takeover since it's on sale this week for $10. It's a full campaign story and you can use any figure, no restrictions. Marvel Battlegrounds is also fun if you're into local multiplayer. It's basically Power Stone using the Marvel characters.

Marvel Battlegrounds is also fun if you're into local multiplayer. It's basically Power Stone using the Marvel characters.
I pre ordered it hoping it would be like a Marvel Ultimate Alliance jr.

I'd really, really like for that series to make a comeback (and be more like 1 than 2).

For those of us new to 3.0 (just picked up the starter set last week), are there any of the figures on sale today that we should give priority to over the others? Any that go on sale less than the rest, are harder to find, etc? 

For those of us new to 3.0 (just picked up the starter set last week), are there any of the figures on sale today that we should give priority to over the others? Any that go on sale less than the rest, are harder to find, etc?
I might say the Obi-Wan Light FX from Game Stop online only $7.99 + $1 handling. It's Game Stop exclusive like other store's Light FX figures except Kylo Ren, so you can't get it from anywhere else. Last time it's on sale, it was $9.99 I believe or B1G1 50% off.

Any other figures, you don't know if Best Buy will pull off another crazy sale.

So I picked DI 3.0 digital for $10 and hit up BB today..

Rise Against Empire $16
Toy Box Takeover $8
Toy Box Raceway $8
Han Solo $7

$42 after tax, had BB trade in credit, even better.

Only problem is I have to drive 30mins to different GameStop tomorrow for a base 😣

Trying hard to resist that Amazon TFA bundle...do I have credit over there? lol

Unless you need them now, the only thing to prioritize are the FX (Light up lightsaber) versions of characters that are retailer exclusive.

The rest will likely get super clearanced out by the end of the year at a bigger discount. You're best off getting Best Buy Gamer Club Unlocked for $30 for 2 years, and that'll get you 20% off all figures from Best Buy.

I apologize if this has been covered. I have the base from 1.0 and 2.0 for PS3. My son (8) and I played the first one a lot, 2nd not so much, but he or we always look at the Star Wars one. I could buy digital on PS3 and/or PS4 and use the same bases right? I mean in the event we both want it on each of our consoles :)

I apologize if this has been covered. I have the base from 1.0 and 2.0 for PS3. My son (8) and I played the first one a lot, 2nd not so much, but he or we always look at the Star Wars one. I could buy digital on PS3 and/or PS4 and use the same bases right? I mean in the event we both want it on each of our consoles :)
Yes. All bases are interchangeable except XB1, 360, 3DS, and Vita.

I ended up getting:

From BB:

Rise Against the Empire set - $16

Toy Box Takeover - $8.00

Toy Box Speedway - $8.00

Kylo Ren - $6.40

Han Solo - $6.40

From GS:

Sam Flynn - $8.00

Quorra - $8.00

Boba Fett - $8.00

The light up thing doesn't really affect me one way or the other, so I just went for characters I was interested in. Love Tron, so had to snag those 2. Wanted either Boba Fett or Yoda from GS, and honestly I'm just not a huge fan of "ninja Yoda". 

I might say the Obi-Wan Light FX from Game Stop online only $7.99 + $1 handling. It's Game Stop exclusive like other store's Light FX figures except Kylo Ren, so you can't get it from anywhere else. Last time it's on sale, it was $9.99 I believe or B1G1 50% off.
Any other figures, you don't know if Best Buy will pull off another crazy sale.
How do you get the $1 handling? It wants to charge me $5.99 shipping.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How do you get the $1 handling? It wants to charge me $5.99 shipping.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
$1 handling is added to the shipping. So, $5.99 is actually $1 x N items + shipping cost, I think in your case is $1 + $4.99.

Use code SAVER to get free shipping for $25, but you will be still charged for $1 x N items handling/shipping fee.

So, I don't like ordering from gamestop.com unless it's very good deal and I'm not going to return. When you return an item, that $1 might not be refundable.

I guess they try to encourage people to buy from their store, but in this case, their store price is still selling at regular price.

I ended up getting:

From BB:

Rise Against the Empire set - $16

Toy Box Takeover - $8.00

Toy Box Speedway - $8.00

Kylo Ren - $6.40

Han Solo - $6.40

From GS:

Sam Flynn - $8.00

Quorra - $8.00

Boba Fett - $8.00

The light up thing doesn't really affect me one way or the other, so I just went for characters I was interested in. Love Tron, so had to snag those 2. Wanted either Boba Fett or Yoda from GS, and honestly I'm just not a huge fan of "ninja Yoda".
Not sure if you include the $1 handling fee of each item ordered online from GS.com, using 40% Target Cartwheel is actually cheaper than GS and you can get Light FX Yoda at Target at the same price $8.99

Not sure if you include the $1 handling fee of each item ordered online from GS.com, using 40% Target Cartwheel is actually cheaper than GS and you can get Light FX Yoda at Target at the same price $8.99
I got best buy price match Kylo Ren for $8 plus taxes. I waits for lowest price on star wars figures :)

Didn't want to wait around on a cheaper Boba as I'm playing through the games now, thankfully I had a cert, ended up getting him for $3.

Went to Gamestop looking for older figures, all they had was loose Anakin/Ashoka/Luke. I haven't been in that place in a few years, it's changed a lot, wasn't aware they carry a lot of nice collectible stuff now, I had to fight the urge to buy some of the Mario figurines.

In case anyone is still looking, the XB1 2.0 Toy Box sets are $3.50 after Cartwheel at Target - they're marked down to 15.xx or so, but 75% off with Cartwheel.

In case anyone is still looking, the XB1 2.0 Toy Box sets are $3.50 after Cartwheel at Target - they're marked down to 15.xx or so, but 75% off with Cartwheel.
Good like to use cartwheel on it. Cartwheel cannot be applied to clearance products, scanning the cartwheel barcode will not change the price at register, the register will need to override and apply discount manually. Me and a few others were shot down by the registers for that.

Good like to use cartwheel on it. Cartwheel cannot be applied to clearance products, scanning the cartwheel barcode will not change the price at register, the register will need to override and apply discount manually. Me and a few others were shot down by the registers for that.
I absolutely used it today on the clearance price - the 2.0 Infinity coupon doesn't exclude clearance, just price match. Rings up normally (as did the Elsa figure for $10.19) and Cartwheel applied without any problem making the TB set $3.xx and Elsa $2 after RedCard.

Not true. Many have stated it stacked.

I used the 75% on the Brave/Stitch 2.0 starter for XB1. Reg price $39.99, price matched Target.com $15.99, paid $4.xx for it. Def would have preferred the Marvel set, but I really just needed a XB1 base.

Not true. Many have stated it stacked.
I didn't day you couldn't do it, but also many people have said they couldn't get the registers to do it.

At same the Target Store, I could get the head at Electronic department to apply manually 75% on 2 2.0 figures to get them at $1.75 each (they were not found in the system at all, the last sale price is $6.98). They were wondering why the cartwheel couldn't apply automatically. However, got shot down immediately trying to get a starter pack ringed up at $10 and was told cartwheel couldn't be used on clearance item as the system didn't allow it (no price change after scanning the code). This happened also at another Target store, and none of 4 Target around will allow cartwheel after pricematch, I guess they have been trained by the managers too well.

bread's done
Back