Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Power Disc over the weekend with cartwheel and a manually adjusted price because the price wasn't in the system. If they MANUALLY put an item in, then there's no UPC/DPCI link for Target to pick up.

Just because the price isn't in the system, the UPC still scans and is identified in Cartwheel with the discount.

Also, Cartwheel most DEFINITELY works with clearance items. I use it all the time.

I know this because PREVIOUSLY it used to apply the discount from the non-clearance price. (IE: 50% off an item that was already reduced 50% would make it free). They fixed it now, so it applies the discount AFTER the clearance discount.

is this accurate? I'm looking at the website and I'm not seeing 50% off.

(also no luck finding anything to use my cartwheel coupon on, 2.0 is scare or hidden really well)

Target

5/10 - 5/16:

All Disney Infinity 50% off
(includes starter packs, characters, playsets, and more)

is this accurate? I'm looking at the website and I'm not seeing 50% off.

(also no luck finding anything to use my cartwheel coupon on, 2.0 is scare or hidden really well)

Target

5/10 - 5/16:

All Disney Infinity 50% off
(includes starter packs, characters, playsets, and more)
That's from last year. Wiki hasn't been updated since December.

So, they just canceled the INFINITY (sorry, Stacker Pentecost) altogether, and Disney is out of the games publishing business.

I guess there will be clearance sales forthcoming?

Hm, explains why 4.0 wasn't announced ... So much for Rogue One figures ... Or even Alice/ Nemo stuff? Damn, guess I'll complete my Star Wars set with the clearance sales and enjoy it for what it is.

-Edit-

Guess the Alice / Nemo stuff is still coming out ... Blah, weak way to end ...

Darkwing duck :whistle2:(

Hm, explains why 4.0 wasn't announced ... So much for Rogue One figures ... Or even Alice/ Nemo stuff? Damn, guess I'll complete my Star Wars set with the clearance sales and enjoy it for what it is.
The official statement confirms that the Alice and Dory sets will come out as scheduled. That's all the detail it contains.

I'm most curious as to how long they'll keep Toybox servers up.

Ehh this isn't surprising. Skylanders is barely alive, Lego Dimensions is dying and Nintendo's amiibos are doing decent but unfortunately Nintendo is their own worst enemy and has constantly killed their momentum with its poor supply of figures. Basically, the entire "toys come to life" thing was just a fad and Infinity is only the first one to throw in the towel. Skylanders and Lego will follow soon enough. At least Disney has enough sense to admit fault here and quit now to save on losses now rather than ride it out to the bitter end.

Ehh this isn't surprising. Skylanders is barely alive, Lego Dimensions is dying and Nintendo's amiibos are doing decent but unfortunately Nintendo is their own worst enemy and has constantly killed their momentum with its poor supply of figures. Basically, the entire "toys come to life" thing was just a fad and Infinity is only the first one to throw in the towel. Skylanders and Lego will follow soon enough. At least Disney has enough sense to admit fault here and quit now to save on losses now rather than ride it out to the bitter end.
Actually, it was Nintendo catching up with demand that killed the momentum. People don't line up because you don't have to anymore. Scarcity breeds demand, people don't want it unless you tell them they cannot have it.

fuck!  All I wanted was a Darkwing Duck figure and a Gargoyles playset.  Sigh... I'll have to try and pick up a cheap Ratcatcher disc sooner than later now.

Five years and four product lines doesn't equal "fad" in my book.
Skylanders Spyro's Adventures had the right model. Slightly more expensive starter ser, figures that were a $6 or $7.
Then everyone jumped in, starter sets became ludicrously priced, and so did the figures.
The market just became flooded.

I am surprised only because it seemed that Infinity did better than Dimensions and Skylanders. It was definitely the best game of the 3.

I'm just very curious as to how quick the clearance will be.

But now we know there won't be anymore Light FX figures. And existing ones might get hard to get, quick.

I'm just very curious as to how quick the clearance will be.

But now we know there won't be anymore Light FX figures. And existing ones might get hard to get, quick.
Time to return some figure I bought at 50% in past few weeks, looking forward to big sale from BestBuy.

Did Disney set the expectation too high? I'm wondering if they're discontinuing the best selling toy-to-life games, what will happen to others? I thought Skylanders is struggling but it has next version coming this year.

Little crazy.. I would of thought that with the star wars and avengers this last year, it wold of remained hot.

Means I need to resist buying anything else until we get the crazy clearance deals.

Heck.. I started playing it cuz I figured it was something I could one day enjoy with my kid. Doesn't look like it's gonna be around wHich is a bummer.

Indiana Jones would have been such a good match with the Infinity universe ... Not happening now, too bad.

Wonder which figures will become harder to find, should probably wait for sales on most but also grab a couple that seem harder to find in general.

Did Disney set the expectation too high? I'm wondering if they're discontinuing the best selling toy-to-life games, what will happen to others? I thought Skylanders is struggling but it has next version coming this year.
Apparently there were 300 people working at Avalanche alone, and they contracted out development of most of the actual content in 3.0 to third party studios who presumably had to be paid in cash. Kind of hard to keep up those kinds of numbers when no one (myself included) is willing to pay the asking price for any of the stuff.

Let's face it, I'm in this for the figures, if you look at how much game you get per dollar spent in toys to life it's just not pretty. But it's been a way to introduce my three-year old to a bunch of characters, and someday if she's still into this sort of thing maybe she'll be ticked that I let her actually play with stuff that might be worth something if it was still new in box.

P.S. Gotta love that the thread title is frozen in time from the 3.0 announcement and whenever its original author stopped caring. At this point it's so laughable that I hope the mods don't actually make a new consolidated threads for the clearance cleanout.

So what would one do if they still have figures left on their bucket list? Buy now while you can or can we afford to wait and get anything we want on clearance or just a little bit later like say a month or longer? Definitely interested in a few but don't want to get them at the moment. I'm willing to bet there are already people out there with spare cash buying up ones now with this announcement.

Go to any Target and you'll see the clearance endcap full of 2.0 figures discounted. Unless you can get a non-FX figure for under $5, you're probably best off waiting.

So what would one do if they still have figures left on their bucket list? Buy now while you can or can we afford to wait and get anything we want on clearance or just a little bit later like say a month or longer? Definitely interested in a few but don't want to get them at the moment. I'm willing to bet there are already people out there with spare cash buying up ones now with this announcement.
Yeah I was curious of the same thing. Do they randomly become hard to find and thus more rare? Or since there are so many floating around out there they will just get crazy cheap. I personally am only missing a very small handful of charaters so I am just hoping for a sale. I need the Inside Out playset as well as the Marvel Battlegrounds one. Hopefully since those take up more physical space we will see a decent drop in those. After that I think I only need Black Suit Spidey and then the variants (light up and crystal)

Wish my local Target had 2.0 figures, but I think there's an army of CAGers here in Fayetteville NC.

Looking forward to all the clearance sales, but sad to see this line go :whistle2:(

Whelp... as someone who's been on this train this whole time... I'm sad.  But it doesn't surprise me.  But I certainly thought they'd be the last TTL standing.  BUT with Activision able to prop up Skylanders that shouldn't surprise me.

Only figs I'm missing are a couple of the crystals.  I wonder if it's even worth tracking down at this point...

Whelp, I'll buy Alice and Dory and they will become the tchotchkes I always wanted them to be.

I only need two figures to complete my collection and I'd like another Fett and I need to buy another Tink since my kids broke off one of her wings.  BB has them for $8 right now and I'm half tempted to just pick these up and be done with the collection rather than wait for a clearance. 

Such a shame, these figures are great and the game is fun.  Too bad they couldn't find a licensing model with this franchise. 

I'm ridiculously sad about this thing coming to end, but at least my collection is just about complete.

Still need to pick up 4 Light FX figures and all of the Crystal figures, then once the 3 Alice in Wonderland figures and 2 Finding Dory figures release, my collection will be complete.

Still, I thought this thing would go on for at least another year and we would get a lot more figures (Thanos, Peter Pan, etc.) and the 2 playsets they promised (which probably would have been Moana and Rogue One). Sucks that it ended so soon with so much content still yet to be touched.

Geez. This is genuinely heartbreaking. I never intended to get carried away with 'em, but now I've got 30 figures. Just actually sold my disc to switch to a digital copy of the game on the PS4. Now I'm wondering if I'd be better off selling the whole lot before values really plummet. 

Darth Vader digital code: Y6LD-YXZV-KG97

Toy Box Expansions: DZ4T-JR4S-SGYY & 52FT-PT6T-58YX

I'm actually thinking the exact same thing to sell the whole lot now or just keep them... Maybe I'll just keep star wars and get rid of the rest

Just picked up the Disney Infinity 2.0 Collectors Edition for PS4 at Target for $18.75. Had to talk to a manager but they overrode it with the cartwheel coupon. The Xbox one pack with stitch rang up for $4 without any override.

The arc on collectibility could be epic if the stock is as bad as it could be. That said, the amount of content and brands covered means that in a good 10 years MOC and MINT level stuff will easily be worthwhile. Also, while the console versions may ultimately become obsolete the fact that there's a complete PC client also means that everything will work for the foreseeable future.

The arc on collectibility could be epic if the stock is as bad as it could be. That said, the amount of content and brands covered means that in a good 10 years MOC and MINT level stuff will easily be worthwhile. Also, while the console versions may ultimately become obsolete the fact that there's a complete PC client also means that everything will work for the foreseeable future.
The PC client is not complete, it doesn't support any new figures or playsets released after March 2016.

I'm more interested in the homebrew way, I've seen a video some guy showing extracting the 3D models from PC version and have also DI base connected, used the figures to bring the 3D model to the screen.

I have to say, Infinity has the strongest character line, but the weakest gameplay. We never played 3, but 1 and 2 were play for a couple days before going to the video game graveyard. I tried to get them interesting in building, but they just went back to minecraft. If you can't keep the kids interested, nobody's going to keep buying it.

Still, I thought this thing would go on for at least another year and we would get a lot more figures (Thanos, Peter Pan, etc.) and the 2 playsets they promised (which probably would have been Moana and Rogue One). Sucks that it ended so soon with so much content still yet to be touched.
I doubt that, considering they have to write off over 150M dollars charge from their book, there is no reason they want to create more inventory just to write off again unless they have already made them, possibility is new figures will be in limited quantity as there will be no more order.

Just picked up the Disney Infinity 2.0 Collectors Edition for PS4 at Target for $18.75. Had to talk to a manager but they overrode it with the cartwheel coupon. The Xbox one pack with stitch rang up for $4 without any override.
Now I am looking for a Target near me with that edition.

It's at Gamestop for $60

I have to say, Infinity has the strongest character line, but the weakest gameplay. We never played 3, but 1 and 2 were play for a couple days before going to the video game graveyard. I tried to get them interesting in building, but they just went back to minecraft. If you can't keep the kids interested, nobody's going to keep buying it.
Just played a little bit on 1.0, most 2.0 but the mini games in 3.0 gameplay in reproducing famous Star Wars scenes are actually done really good and they have the potential to be expanded or ported to other playsets.

There is already a big community in Toy Box and it's greatly improved in 3.0. The management just didn't see the potential they have already built.

Go to any Target and you'll see the clearance endcap full of 2.0 figures discounted. Unless you can get a non-FX figure for under $5, you're probably best off waiting.
Depends on where you are I guess. I went to 2 targets yesterday and neither had 2.0 figures.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back