Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
My Walmart finally has 30+ Woody for $3 on clearance (it has been about $6.95 for many months and no one touches them). That's the only 1.0/2.0 figure they still have (all 2.0 3-pack were gone)

I just picked up the 2.0 starter pack with brave and stitch at Walmart yesterday for $4.00! It's our first intro to Disney infinity.

Looking for some figures now. Aladdinis $4 shipped on amazon is that a good deal for him?

My Walmart had a Thor, package all beat up with no price tag or upc but the guy told me it was $13.97

I just picked up the 2.0 starter pack with brave and stitch at Walmart yesterday for $4.00! It's our first intro to Disney infinity.

Looking for some figures now. Aladdinis $4 shipped on amazon is that a good deal for him?

My Walmart had a Thor, package all beat up with no price tag or upc but the guy told me it was $13.97
Yeah, $4 is a good price for Aladdin. Thor/Black Widow/Iron Man/Mr.Incredible/Jack Sparrow/Sulley don't pay over $6 a piece though. You can find those regularly for that price or lower on ebay used but in good condition as they're the most common figures along with the two you got since they were starter set figures. It would probably be your best bet to find a cheap Marvel starter set for any console as it includes the three I mentioned along with the game piece and hex discs.

If you want Hulk, he's $6.96 new on Walmart's website.

Yeah, $4 is a good price for Aladdin. Thor/Black Widow/Iron Man/Mr.Incredible/Jack Sparrow/Sulley don't pay over $6 a piece though. You can find those regularly for that price or lower on ebay used but in good condition as they're the most common figures along with the two you got since they were starter set figures. It would probably be your best bet to find a cheap Marvel starter set for any console as it includes the three I mentioned along with the game piece and hex discs.

If you want Hulk, he's $6.96 new on Walmart's website.
If you live near a Five Below, most stores have a ton of Mr Incredible, Sulley and Jack Sparrow for $5 each, since they split up a plethora of 3DS 1.0 sets.

Disney Infinity 3.0 digital version is on sale this week for PS3 or PS4 only $6 on PSN.
Is it worth jumping on this if I don't have any figures yet, or will it likely be this price of lower once the servers are down?
I'm not clambering to jump into 3.0 but do want to eventually.

Is it worth jumping on this if I don't have any figures yet, or will it likely be this price of lower once the servers are down?
Think of it like this...if it goes down to $3 if it even does. You're only saving $3. Is it worth a possible $3 savings to wait? Because $6 to me is cheaper enough to not worry about losing $3, but that's just me.

Do you have a base yet? If not, you might want to check Walmart for cheap starter sets.

It's all about the price.  Honestly, I've been in for the haul.  So TO ME... 30 bucks (well 24 bucks with GCU) and 11 bucks full price for Nemo/Dory is a good rate.  I don't have to fight other people to "find" mini's (like some of the Incredible's) because I've bought into it rather early.  I've also played through darned near almost all the rest of the content.  And it's worth it.. TO ME.

But if you're looking for a good price.. game around $20, figs around $6 though you CAN get better.  Just with it on it's way out, not sure how much better  

And as far as servers goes... you don't NEED the servers.  Plenty to do on the disc.  Servers just let others share creative ideas.  Things like Spark Chambers can be built on your own, but it's nice to just DL them to avoid having to level yet ANOTHER character (though the more characters you have, the more XP is gained.. so make sure if you batch purchase, you put each one on the base and claim it... the the total XP gain rises for all)

I have the base with Thor, Black Widow, and Cap from 2.0. I had all Marvel characters at one point but after playing through everything I gave all the figures to my bro for Christmas (he found the Marvel starter set at K-Mart for Wii-U for $2 last summer). I plan on playing through the 3.0 Marvel stuff and giving him all that when I'm done too.

True about possibly only saving a couple bucks. Just wasn't sure if it was projected to be a 99¢ title real soon or something.

It's only like twenty minutes, and they nerfed the movesets for Battlegrounds play. Honestly, you could create a much better version of what they were going for in Toybox.
I wouldn't say they "nerfed" their movesets, I can have Black Widow kicking opponent many times while jumping in Battlegrounds but you can't do that in regular game or toy box. As you said, the dev could just simply put all characters into the game and call it done, but they made the extra stretch to adjust the movesets and power of each characeter so not a character can dominant over others.

You might not see the importance of that in single player, but you will hate that when your friends always pick the strongest dominant character and you don't have a chance to win in multi-player battle.

There isn't much value for the Battlegrounds for single player, story is short and fight is easy. It's only good for party or family fun.

As for buying it now or later for saving a few bucks, I seriously do know what the whole game will be when the server is done, when losing Internet connection, the game now will show up a dialog saying "Connection Lost", so the game is keeping a connection with the server. I wouldn't be surprised the game might not work right when the server is down, so better to play game before it's gone.

I wouldn't say they "nerfed" their movesets, I can have Black Widow kicking opponent many times while jumping in Battlegrounds but you can't do that in regular game or toy box. As you said, the dev could just simply put all characters into the game and call it done, but they made the extra stretch to adjust the movesets and power of each characeter so not a character can dominant over others.

You might not see the importance of that in single player, but you will hate that when your friends always pick the strongest dominant character and you don't have a chance to win in multi-player battle.

There isn't much value for the Battlegrounds for single player, story is short and fight is easy. It's only good for party or family fun.

As for buying it now or later for saving a few bucks, I seriously do know what the whole game will be when the server is done, when losing Internet connection, the game now will show up a dialog saying "Connection Lost", so the game is keeping a connection with the server. I wouldn't be surprised the game might not work right when the server is down, so better to play game before it's gone.
Yes, levels mean nothing in Battlegrounds play and while it's nice they tried to implement something like that to balance multiplayer gameplay, nerfing the movesets instead of just offering all abilities and health upgrades makes it another instance of a Marvel playset that doesn't bother to showcase how well designed the characters are. The combat they offer is fun, Battlegrounds unfortunately does a really poor job of showcasing that because of the restrictions, and because of the restrictions it's not even remotely comparable to other multiplayer games of its kind.

I played on my 360 when I didn't have an internet connection at all, and it still allowed me to use playsets, saved toyboxes, and anything else that did not require an internet connection. The PC version, however, will not function without an internet connection, so that just plain won't work at all, unless they make changes to the software. Of course, as a big, final F-You, they might change the console versions so that they no longer work without an internet connection. Wouldn't that be just hilarious? It's what we deserve for being dumb enough to buy in.

I played on my 360 when I didn't have an internet connection at all, and it still allowed me to use playsets, saved toyboxes, and anything else that did not require an internet connection. The PC version, however, will not function without an internet connection, so that just plain won't work at all, unless they make changes to the software. Of course, as a big, final F-You, they might change the console versions so that they no longer work without an internet connection. Wouldn't that be just hilarious? It's what we deserve for being dumb enough to buy in.
They wouldn't do that, but if it did happen you could just keep on playing without updating.

Of course, as a big, final F-You, they might change the console versions so that they no longer work without an internet connection. Wouldn't that be just hilarious? It's what we deserve for being dumb enough to buy in.
Wouldn't surprise me as Alice and Nemo characters no longer have key codes to type in to use on PC/iDevice....

Wouldn't surprise me as Alice and Nemo characters no longer have key codes to type in to use on PC/iDevice....
PC version stopped supporting new content before Marvel Battlegrounds and new figures, after having numerous complaints of people buying Battlegrounds and new figure like Ant-Man and couldn't use webcode on PC, they'd rather not making new card.

I'm still a noob at infinity so bear with me. If I download the ps4 user created content toyboxes, can these be used offline? I'm just wondering if it's a good idea to get what I want now before the servers may shut down. Or are these only accessible when you actually want to play them?

Damn that's nice, Doctor Strange. Sounds like they had some great characters in th the pipeline.
Just more angry fire on how bad projection and management of a small group of high paid executives causing over hundreds of people losing their jobs and tens of thousands of family losing their fun and more players losing their faith on Disney.

Wow. Lots of $7 at microsoftstore.com including ant man and black panther. Tempting...
Those two are sold out, along with Black Spidey and a few others.

I had my cart loaded up, but couldn't pull the trigger on any.....I just can't shake the feeling Best Buy will come through with another $5 sale soon.

Hopefully.

Maybe.

Disneystore.com has a sale going on which includes some starter sets, figures and playsets.  Some figures (mostly 2.0 and 1.0) are $8 or $10, a couple of play sets (galaxy and the marvel one from the starter set) are $20.  Use EXTRA20 for an extra 20% off.  Not really the greatest, but Randy and Syndrome are in stock and $8.

Those two are sold out, along with Black Spidey and a few others.

I had my cart loaded up, but couldn't pull the trigger on any.....I just can't shake the feeling Best Buy will come through with another $5 sale soon.

Hopefully.

Maybe.
Only picked up the Awakens playset and Inside Out playset which I haven't seen any good sale .

Hoping BestBuy to do some final clearance at $6.99 or less + GCU will be good.

I want Inside Out just for the stupid Anger figure...Not a huge Inside Out fan but I love Lewis Black
I got the other 3 figures for less than $5 each from various sales, having been waiting for the play set to finally have good use of them :)

Just got email from Toys r Us
Tuessay only:

Disney infinity 1.0 Buy 1 get 1 80% off
Infinity 2.0 buy 1 get 1 60% off
Infinity 2 and 3 packs 50% off
Skylanders Superchargers and Trap Team single figs buy 1 get 2 free

Just got email from Toys r Us
Tuessay only:

Disney infinity 1.0 Buy 1 get 1 80% off
Infinity 2.0 buy 1 get 1 60% off
Infinity 2 and 3 packs 50% off
Skylanders Superchargers and Trap Team single figs buy 1 get 2 free
This is live right now ...

Deals aren't that great though since most of their figures are full price + $1

So you're looking at:

1.0 Figs => 2 for $18 (Avg. $9 each)

2.0 Figs => 2 for $21 (Avg. $10.50 each)

Some of the packs are decently priced:

Aladdin/Jasmine - $12.39

Race to Space - $12.39

Wreck it Ralph - $12.39

Frozen - $12.39

Sidekicks - $12.39

Incase people couldn't find this deal in stores ...

Walmart posted those custom Marvel character 3 pack bundles for $15 on their site ...

Bundle 1 (Hulk / Iron Fist / Loki)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Infinity-2.0-3PK-Character-Bundle-1-Universal/51933774

Bundle 3 (Thor / Green Goblin / Rocket Raccoon)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Infinity-2.0-3PK-Character-Bundle-3-Universal/51933778

Bundle 4 (Yondu / Venom / Hawkeye)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Infinity-2.0-3PK-Character-Bundle-4-Universal/51933782

Bundle 5 (Groot / Ronan / Nick Fury)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Infinity-2.0-3PK-Character-Bundle-5-Universal/51933788

Incase people couldn't find this deal in stores ...

Walmart posted those custom Marvel character 3 pack bundles for $15 on their site ...

Bundle 1 (Hulk / Iron Fist / Loki)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Infinity-2.0-3PK-Character-Bundle-1-Universal/51933774

Bundle 3 (Thor / Green Goblin / Rocket Raccoon)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Infinity-2.0-3PK-Character-Bundle-3-Universal/51933778

Bundle 4 (Yondu / Venom / Hawkeye)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Infinity-2.0-3PK-Character-Bundle-4-Universal/51933782

Bundle 5 (Groot / Ronan / Nick Fury)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Infinity-2.0-3PK-Character-Bundle-5-Universal/51933788
My Walmart had a few Bundle 1, 3 and 5 showed up 1 month ago (not that may, so I went there 2 weeks ago and they're all gone)

Bundle 4 only showed up 2 days ago. I'm wondering what Bundle 2 is if it ever exists.

My Walmart had a few Bundle 1, 3 and 5 showed up 1 month ago (not that may, so I went there 2 weeks ago and they're all gone)

Bundle 4 only showed up 2 days ago. I'm wondering what Bundle 2 is if it ever exists.
Yeah I had never seen Bundle 4 until they posted it online today.

Tried searching all over their site for Bundle 2, but found nothing.

So sad we'll never get this now...

drstrange.jpg
Damn that is one cool looking figure. I was tempted to grab battlegrounds to get Captain America, but the figure just doesn't look cool or as serious (compared to the actual face in the box). At some point tough Black Panther,& Black Spider man will be mine

I've never actually seen it, but according to Brickseek Bundle 2 was Captain America, Drax, and Falcon. I'd totally be in for one even though I have Cap.

Here's the Item ID: 51933776

In for bundle 2 if it ever shoes up. Target has light up Kylo Ren for $6.49 w/ free ship to store. Still looking for a 3.0 starter set to hit bottom. Best I can find is Microsoft store (24.99) 360 version.

bread's done
Back