Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy has several figures for $6.99 with free ship to store including the Nick Fury collectors edition. It was two bucks and change after using a rewards cert.

I guess that's what they meant w/larger than normal sized DI figures w/the Sentinel one occupying 2 disc slots.

cool nonetheless conceptually. Actually reminds me of the original Xmen arcade game minus colossus and dazzler w/those outfits.

I really didn't like the idea of the larger figures, so I'm kinda of glad that idea never made it. Although seeing all of the other concepts of new figures and play sets they were kicking around makes me sad that they couldn't make this game work.

Especially seeing all the crazy stuff the Lego Dimensions game has going for it.

I really think they could just produce the figures in the style of Infinity and people would still buy them. 

If anyone is looking for the Alice in Wonderland figures, Amazon lowered their price by $1 on the Alice and Time figures ($7.80 and $7.82).

Mad Hatter is still $8.75.

Alice is back ordered though.

I was able to pricematch at Target in store and pick them up.

Collection almost complete.

Also, Amazon is running a $10 off of $20 for your first order placed via Alexa voice.

Well there goes a bunch of money...  There's others on sale that aren't on that list, almost all of them it seems.

Edit- $80 before tax... I think I need to rethink this.

Ugh....I have 60$ worth of figures in my cart, and that would basically finish all 3 collections for me outside of the Playsets.

Cant decide if I want to pull the trigger or not

skipping out on inside out but picked up dory and alice to stay near  complete. There's a bunch of marvel figures I don't want/care about but I have pretty much everything else I do care about.

Ugh....I have 60$ worth of figures in my cart, and that would basically finish all 3 collections for me outside of the Playsets.

Cant decide if I want to pull the trigger or not
I have $40 worth of carts and I'm still not sure I want to do this... I blame the figures I bought at about this price but are now $2-3.

I have $40 worth of carts and I'm still not sure I want to do this... I blame the figures I bought at about this price but are now $2-3.
Yeah. Part of me thinks theres gonna be a b1g1 or something later, especially near the holidays. But part of me is worried some of these might start getting scarce soon.

Might just bite on the Marvel figures and pass on the rest for now, i can't decide....atleast this month is pretty dry for game releases for me

I just spent 88.64 in BB gift cards to buy the last 16 figures i needed (excluding 5 crystal figures)!

I wish the Dory set was a little cheaper but i think it will be worth paying a little more to say that i am done! :D/

I quit buying Disney Infinity stuff a little bit before 2.0 came out missing only 4/5 1.0 figures, i got back into it on 5/20/16 after the announcement that it was ending and i found a good deal. So in less than 2 months i bought the last 4 or 5 1.0 figures i needed, all the Starter Sets, Playsets, and individual figures for both 2.0 and 3.0! :fridge:

Yeah. Part of me thinks theres gonna be a b1g1 or something later, especially near the holidays. But part of me is worried some of these might start getting scarce soon.

Might just bite on the Marvel figures and pass on the rest for now, i can't decide....atleast this month is pretty dry for game releases for me
Well unless there's a half off discount stacked with it the current prices will be better still. Like you said which ones are going to be the ones to sell out before future sales which is heard to say. Disney said they have too much inventory but how much of that inventory will BBY continue to order unless Disney is going to back major sales like this and be willing to buy back inventory.

Oh and we still haven't opened ​any of the games or figures yet...

Edit- Ya know what, I looked at my order from March and the ones that went down from that sale were only $1 more than they are now and that was almost 4 months ago.

Meh I'm just gonna bite the bullet and be done with it. After the singles I'll only need the Finn+Rey and Dory playsets, and possibly the Crystal figures if I decide to get those.

Just cant decide if I rather do shipping or instore pickup. Kinda worried my order will get all fucked up if I have to split them between shipping and pickup.

EDIT: Well seems they were all available at my closest store, except Nemo who seems to be sold out everywhere in a 90 mile radius. Hopefully the order goes through.

I just knocked off the ten figures left I wanted (for now) for $42

Waiting on a lower price on the Dory playset...which I could honestly do without, but I want the toybox unlocks.

From here on out it'll (hopefully) just be power disc ebay purchases for me.

Man tempted by some of the Disney figures, but I don't really need them, but it's a good price but I am really trying to not buy stuff I don't need...

Ffffff I bought half of these star wars figures at the last best buy sale, and I got the rest at the Microsoft store sale. Should of waited.

Got the final single figures I needed from Best Buy assuming the pickup order doesn't get screwed up.

Passing on Dory playset for now since I don't have GCU and $25 is too steep.

Wish I had gotten in on the pricematch to the Microsoft Store last weekend for $15 for the playset and $7 for the figures. Then I would be done now. At least this came out slightly cheaper $6 per instead of $7 for the final 6 figures I needed.

Glad to almost be done with the collection. But I really wish it would have continued. My daughter loves the game and she is only just starting to be able to play on her own. My younger son loves watching us play. At least they'll be able to enjoy the collection as they get older.

Maybe someday Disney will pull the assets out of the vault in one form or another.

I can't believe I just bought the rest of the figures I don't have.... So 21 of them.
Well I feel better that I limited myself to 12 now. Got Vision, Nemo, Symbiote Spider-Man, Boba Fett, Kyle Ren, Chewbacca, Yoda, Vader, Olaf, Alice, Hatter, and Sadness. About $12.50 OOP with my $40 of certs.

Put back Baloo, Ant Man, Judy, and Nick. My kid wants those but I feel like they're less interesting for the price.

Pretty glad I waited on that $15 3.0 digital game for Xbox One ... ended up getting the full starter pack for $18 with GCU.

Picked up a few other figures (2.0 and 3.0) for super cheap. Anything under $5 is a win.

So overall in clearance strategy, I'm thinking Toys R Us is likely to be the last store to clearance out their stock with good national sales. Assuming they don't just send it back to Disney.

But given how they have stocked even the 1.0 figures and playsets for as long as they have and that their clearance model is really just to run a bunch of special short 1 to 2 day sales, I would bet that if you don't have the funds today or are on the fence about the BB sale then at some point you'll be able to do better than $6 on the 3.0 figures at Toys R Us. Just have to put up with a likely long wait and spending time checking the sales. Really wouldn't be surprised if they don't cut some special deal with Disney to run through whatever inventory is still sitting at Disney warehouses.

Target is likely to be the next store to do a deep clearance because they like to reclaim shelf space and they were pretty selective in their inventory to begin with.

Walmart clearance is always a crap shoot since it's store manager dependent, but they'll probably unload theirs very slowly if it's a bigger store with lots of shelf space. Though some managers are much more aggressive.

Gamestop I can't put my finger on, but I suspect they'll hold out pretty long knowing that the desperate people will come to them when the supply is starting to dwindle and they have a lot of older stuff anyways.

I really need to see Zootopia as I'm still wondering why Nick's attacks have him swinging a giant popsicle.
It's how Nick is introduced (being cryptic so as not to spoil too much.) Zootopia is a really decent movie. Lightyears more tolerable then Frozen.

I bought infinity 2.0 and about 8 figures a few months ago, my son can't figure it out and I can't either. Too many menus, once you get into something playable it's not even fun compared to just playing Lego games. It's frozen on us multiple times and lost stuff he has done in the forge area. I regret buying this game for sure. The toys are cool but they should have hired someone to make a fun game.

It's how Nick is introduced (being cryptic so as not to spoil too much.) Zootopia is a really decent movie. Lightyears more tolerable then Frozen.
Yeah it's a plot point so I wouldn't say too much. We just saw it a couple days ago and it was good but not an all time great or anything.

Crap I'm very tempted by the Star Wars Saga Bundle for the PS4 since I don't have the game, base, or any of the figures in that playset, but for some reason I just can't seem to pull the trigger

Good news.  You can all feel better about yourselves!  I just bought... 27 figures.  With GCU (which my friend helped me out with), each figure averages a bit less than $4.25.

I feel really stupid for jumping on the Alice ones at launch, but my wife is an Alice fanatic and I wanted them shipped to the house as a surprise before she saw them in-store. Too late to PM though.

Ah, well. I'll grab the Dory stuff at these prices.

My Wallet is BURNING TODAY (Pickeup 15 figures).  Thanks you bestbuy.  I will try my best at Target price match  before i pick up the rest $5.99 figure & UP from bestbuy.

I just noticed that if you buy any 3.0 Starter set you get the Toy Box Takeover add-on free.
Where are you seeing this? I added both to my cart and it didn't take off the Toy Box Takeover as free. I only see the TB Takeover that's listed as Pre-Order Bonus, and that one isn't working. Can't find any other listing on the website.

Where are you seeing this? I added both to my cart and it didn't take off the Toy Box Takeover as free. I only see the TB Takeover that's listed as Pre-Order Bonus, and that one isn't working. Can't find any other listing on the website.
On the starter set page it says "Included Free: 1 Items" and when you click on it says Gift with purchase Toy Box Takeover.

It doesn't show up in my cart when I add it , so it could just be an error. You might be able to contact BB Support to confirm with them?

That's not saying much IMO - I still don't understand why Frozen was so popular.

I grabbed 13 figures from BB. I think that wraps up the Star Wars figures for me, and I grabbed 2 or 3 other random ones I didn't have. Only got one that I realized I already had after I had placed the order. :p

Thanks macontosh2000 for trying to clear that up. Couldn't find it anywhere, but not a big deal since it's not a deal breaker anyway. I was only ordering another Starter Pack to have the game playable on multiple systems. Now I'm going to be stuck with 3 Anakin figures (including FX).

I was able to complete my single pack 3.0 figure set with this sale! Doubt we'll see better prices than these anytime soon, and when we do, it will probably be harder to get everyone you want. I'm just praying that none of my ordered figures are cancelled.

Would have been nice to see a bigger discount on the playsets, but can't really complain with how outrageously cheap everything else is.

Got 9 singles and the Dory playset.  Do any of you see the wonderland/nemo figures or the dory playset in stores?  I made sure to snatch them up since we haven't seen any of these out since they were first released.  I know that they might be around for awhile but didn't want to take the chance... I know there's been reports of high stock for older statues but thought maybe Disney might have made less of these newer ones since they knew they were canceling the series.  Was looking to wait for a $15 price on Dory but decided to just throw it in there to be done with it.

I just went through and ordered the last 13 figures I needed and the Dory playset. I'm really satisfying that completionist itch. I have every Disney Infinity figure (1.0, 2.0, and 3.0), every "collector's edition," every Light FX (and their regular versions), and every Crystal. I'm just missing a small handful of 2.0 power discs. I have every 1.0 power disc, Toys R Us exclusive power disc, and 3.0 power disc. I keep promising to get around to trading my many duplicate 1.0 power discs for the 2.0 ones I'm missing. It will happen one day to satisfy that completionist itch even more.

Got 9 singles and the Dory playset. Do any of you see the wonderland/nemo figures or the dory playset in stores? I made sure to snatch them up since we haven't seen any of these out since they were first released. I know that they might be around for awhile but didn't want to take the chance... I know there's been reports of high stock for older statues but thought maybe Disney might have made less of these newer ones since they knew they were canceling the series. Was looking to wait for a $15 price on Dory but decided to just throw it in there to be done with it.
I was going to hold off on The Dory Playset until I read this post. You might be right. Every CAG bone in my body says "dude, just wait because $19.99 is way too much for a playset and one figure." But then again what if they didn't start manufacturing the Dory stuff until after they knew their previous overproduction led to failure? Did they learn from their mistakes and print a limited amount? We've seen this kind of stuff a lot at the end of console generations. Ducktales 2 on the NES is a good example off of the top of my head.

Anyway, if Finding Dory wasn't the very last figure and playset I needed and if I didn't have ebay credit to buy BB credit, I still probably would passed for now. It might be $5 or $10 cheaper at some point this year.

Edit: Uh oh. I forgot I'm also missing that D23 Mickey Power Disc.

t6bKHt.gif

just a headsup, the last big order i placed ended up gettting mostly cancelled on me... the reasoning, and this is a good one, is that I went over the limit quantity I was allowed, but here's the thing.... I had only 1 of any character and had not previously bought any of them, so I didn't buy 2 of any single SKU.  I got in a lovely email exchange with Best Buy over it where the Customer Service Rep and the Manager both ultimately accused me of reselling, which led to a lovely phone conversation and like 90 mins of my life being wasted..  

I guess I argued my point good enough (there's a million fucking figures, why can't I own 1 of each one?  They all do different and unique things in game, and HAVE DIFFERENT SKUS)  because I wasn't kicked out of GCU, but they still only fulfilled like 1/3 of the order.   Oh yeah, I'm Elite Plus too, which mattered in the first 5 mins of the call but once we got to the reason I was calling it was obvious the Rep / Manager couldn't give a fuck about Elite Plus.

I can even still buy Infinity shit but since other games are more of a priority for me I haven't really gone gonzo buying figures since then. 

All that being said, you might be better off picking up in store rather then let the online guys deal with it.    If you made it this far, thanks for reading my rant lol

FYI, the Marvel 2.0 Collector's Ed with the Frost giant display is $60 at gamestop. It's listed as $98.99 at BB but has the wrong product image too.

just a headsup, the last big order i placed ended up gettting mostly cancelled on me... the reasoning, and this is a good one, is that I went over the limit quantity I was allowed, but here's the thing.... I had only 1 of any character and had not previously bought any of them, so I didn't buy 2 of any single SKU. I got in a lovely email exchange with Best Buy over it where the Customer Service Rep and the Manager both ultimately accused me of reselling, which led to a lovely phone conversation and like 90 mins of my life being wasted..

I guess I argued my point good enough (there's a million fucking figures, why can't I own 1 of each one? They all do different and unique things in game, and HAVE DIFFERENT SKUS) because I wasn't kicked out of GCU, but they still only fulfilled like 1/3 of the order. Oh yeah, I'm Elite Plus too, which mattered in the first 5 mins of the call but once we got to the reason I was calling it was obvious the Rep / Manager couldn't give a fuck about Elite Plus.

I can even still buy Infinity shit but since other games are more of a priority for me I haven't really gone gonzo buying figures since then.

All that being said, you might be better off picking up in store rather then let the online guys deal with it. If you made it this far, thanks for reading my rant lol
That fuck ing sucks. I'm sorry to hear about this. I wish I would have read this an hour ago. I did an order of 13 for shipping. And then a separate order for Finding Dory. Do you remember how big your order was?

Damn you bestbuy

18 figures ordered comes out to $4.60 a figure.

I think that completes the figures for 3.0 but will have to ask the kids to be sure lol

Still need the 2 new playsets as well

That fuck ing sucks. I'm sorry to hear about this. I wish I would have read this an hour ago. I did an order of 13 for shipping. And then a separate order for Finding Dory. Do you remember how big your order was?
There might be something else involved, like previous order history or something. I've ordered several things like that before on sale (like when 2.0 figures got a big sale) and it went through fine. I ordered a dozen this time as well - too good to pass up, now just need a fire sale on playsets. But, if Best Buy doesn't want some money for helping them clear out their Infinity overstock, that's their problem.

bread's done
Back