Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up 10 figures. Finally got Phineas and Agent P, since my son loves that show. Finished up my Marvel collection and got Nemo and a few 2.0 figures. Passed on Alice figures, Olaf and the 3.0 Mickey and Minnie, which are the only other ones I don't have.

Swung by Target this morning and a bunch of Infinity 3.0 figures were on sale for $6.99. Not every one was tagged, so I don't think it's across the board. But the newer Marvel ones (Vision, Black Panther, Black Suit Spider-Man, etc) were. Works out to $4.65 pre tax/post redcard + cartwheel- which is a hair cheaper than today's Best Buy sale + GCU.

Nice, 11/13 ready for pickup. My Vision figure hasnt swapped over yet, and my Nemo hasnt shipped yet.

Now I have to check out this damn Target deal too

This was the BB sale I was waiting for.  I got a 2nd Boba Fett, the light FX Kylo, and a handful to replace ones my kids broke like Tink, Ezra and Quorra.  I couldn't bring myself to buy the Alice figures though.  I would like to say I have all the figures, but dang, I have less than zero interest in that movie. 

I just bought ALL of the SW figures w/Saga PS4 bundle minus FA playset along with Civil War steelbook for $110. Can't believe Saga bundle was more than that just 8-9 months ago.

well damn.  just figured it out and I still need 14 disney, 10 Star Wars, and 5 Marvel 3.0 figures still.  though a few of those are from playsets.  I will probably just grab Poe, Kylo FX to complete the FX ones, and maybe a few others.  Then I will hope for even deeper discounts on the others.

Looks like Target stock is just a couple Dory sets in all of my nearby stores. I placed an overpriced online order for in store pickup and will try to price match to the in store price when I pick it up.

Ended up getting 12 single 3.0 figs at best buy, then went to one of the targets here that PM plus Cartwheel and got Inside out set, Dory set, Alice, Time, Hatter, Darth Maul and Mulan.
$46 at best buy, $50 at Target *sigh*

Black lives matter Spider-Man was OOS but fortunately BBY has the decency to let you get it shipped for free when that happens.

Ended up getting 12 single 3.0 figs at best buy, then went to one of the targets here that PM plus Cartwheel and got Inside out set, Dory set, Alice, Time, Hatter, Darth Maul and Mulan.
$46 at best buy, $50 at Target *sigh*
I'm assuming the Cartwheel only applied to the figures and not the sets? I know $15 is still a good price for them but I just haven't been able to swallow it ever for DI, Skylanders, or Dimensions.

Swung by Target this morning and a bunch of Infinity 3.0 figures were on sale for $6.99. Not every one was tagged, so I don't think it's across the board. But the newer Marvel ones (Vision, Black Panther, Black Suit Spider-Man, etc) were. Works out to $4.65 pre tax/post redcard + cartwheel- which is a hair cheaper than today's Best Buy sale + GCU.
Thanks for the heads up about Target.

All the 3.0 figures were scanning at $6.99 and 3.0 playsets were 50% off ($15 for dory, battleground and $17.49 for the others with two figures in them).

I was trying to figure out why Ant Man was $7 on some of the Brickseek tracking locations instead of $13.99 at other stores. Turns out it was this sale. Seems like any Target store with the figure in stock will show on Brickseek at $7. The out of stock ones were showing $13.99. Supply was getting scarce.

At Target, I got the Dory playset and some of the figures I had ordered at Best Buy lastnight. Because Target figure cartwheel + redcard was better than the BestBuy non GCU price (I don't buy enough at BestBuy to justify GCU - every time I've thought about doing so, Target drops a cartwheel + sale that matches what I care about which was pretty much only DI.) Still had to get Ant Man, Black Panther and a second Boba Fett from Best Buy since my Target didn't have them and I wasn't going to drive around wasting gas and time to save $1.50 each.

So now I am done collecting DI once my D23 King Mickey disc arrives later this week. I paid way too much for that, but it's starting to increase in value so I doubt I'd get it cheaper later. For those of you who had to get the Collectors figures in the display cases, I feel your pain. I passed on those. Thankfully my obsession was just being able to unlock all the content and not collecting all the variants.

Crap, I forgot about the Oceaneer band. So maybe I'm not quite done, but not quite as compelled.

My target doesn't have any playsets at all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Ask Target customer service desk to do a locator for other stores in your area that might have it or use the Brickseek tracker. You might even find they have them in the back and have lazily not put them on the peg. It happens.

Or take a picture of the sale tag if there is one and see if Toys R Us will pricematch. They tend to be good about that.

Black lives matter Spider-Man was OOS but fortunately BBY has the decency to let you get it shipped for free when that happens.

I'm assuming the Cartwheel only applied to the figures and not the sets? I know $15 is still a good price for them but I just haven't been able to swallow it ever for DI, Skylanders, or Dimensions.
The computer will not apply either of the DI 3.0 cartwheels to the playsets. Would have been nice. I politely asked them to apply the 3.0 Figures cartwheel or the starter pack cartwheel manually to the playsets and was politely shot down. I've had cases where much less grey area cartwheel stuff wasn't coming up properly and have had them manually fix it in the past. So I'd say 50/50 chance.

Seeing as how I've never gotten a playset for less than $20 new, I'm okay with $15 for Dory.

Yeah, the only reason I went into that part of gaming was to get a $15 Dory. They only had one of the SW sets and Marvel BG. Sure seems like Target is trying to reclaim shelf space from TTL.
I haven't seen an abundance of the Dory playset in retail like the rest (though I remember reading Toys R Us had a decent amount.) I don't think Walmart physical stores are stocking it.

The Dory playset shipments to Canada were delayed for some reason, so maybe it's a overseas shipping issue. It seemed to be sorta of readily available in Europe according to the Reddit threads. Guess they could have cut production early when the axe came down also.

So opinions on which playsets are worth it in terms of quality and length of the adventure mainly?  Having good characters is helpful of course but mainly interested which levels are worth getting since the characters are easier to decide on.

Crap, I forgot about the Oceaneer band. So maybe I'm not quite done, but not quite as compelled.
I was on a Disney cruise earlier this summer without kids. I stopped by the check-in desk for one of the clubs and asked if I could have a band. The look went from "this is creepy" to "oh, sure, no problem" when I mentioned it was for Infinity.

All that to say, unless they change the technology (not likely, Disney appears all-in on these things), the two different bands are probably the very last Infinity items that will be in any way difficult to get.

Granted, the DCL band is technically a bit more expensive to acquire normally, but the aftermarket should be pretty stable.

Any thoughts on the Battlegrounds set as well?  Had assumed it was a cheap throw away thing but I was just looking in to it and Power Stone keeps coming up and it looks like it has legs at least beyond the short story.  Though then I'll also have to order the other Marvel figures that work with it from BBY...

Any thoughts on the Battlegrounds set as well? Had assumed it was a cheap throw away thing but I was just looking in to it and Power Stone keeps coming up and it looks like it has legs at least beyond the short story. Though then I'll also have to order the other Marvel figures that work with it from BBY...
I haven't opened mine yet, but the story mode is not worth it I've heard. The Power Stone/Smash Bros fighting mode is the focus and worth it if you have people to play against.

I was on a Disney cruise earlier this summer without kids. I stopped by the check-in desk for one of the clubs and asked if I could have a band. The look went from "this is creepy" to "oh, sure, no problem" when I mentioned it was for Infinity.

All that to say, unless they change the technology (not likely, Disney appears all-in on these things), the two different bands are probably the very last Infinity items that will be in any way difficult to get.

Granted, the DCL band is technically a bit more expensive to acquire normally, but the aftermarket should be pretty stable.
Did they give you a DCL band, or did you have to pay for it on the cruise when you asked for it?

The darn things go for $80+ on ebay.

My fear is that the game is somehow locked into some identifier on the 2015 and 2016 DCL bands. I think I read something about the 2014 or early 2015 DCL bands not working for the unlock in 3.0.

I've seen mention that you can emulate a Disney Parks Magic Band with any NFC phone for unlocking content in 1.0 and 2.0, but in 3.0 I fear they changed how they were detecting it so there might be some identifier the game is looking for that would be different in future years.

Last thing I want to do is track down a DCL band and have it not work. Figure sooner or later I'll know someone who goes and can get me one. I think the resale price is higher on them simply because you have to ask to keep them (pay for them afterwards) versus buying them outright from the beginning like with the magic band. A lot more season pass holders at the parks where it makes sense to have one.

So opinions on which playsets are worth it in terms of quality and length of the adventure mainly? Having good characters is helpful of course but mainly interested which levels are worth getting since the characters are easier to decide on.
The Marvel ones aren't so hot. Battlegrounds is ok for multiplayer, but you can create better arenas without character nerfing in toybox mode.

The Star Wars ones are pretty fun and improved with each release.

Those things are probably loaded with personal information right? Seems dangerous for people to be selling them.
I think the band just contains an ID number and all the accounting is done on the Disney server/POS system side.

Once a Magic Band is activated for a user account, it cannot be transferred to another account. If you're going to sell one, it needs to be deactivated from your account. But then it's essentially blacklisted forever in Disney's accounting system.

Also, if you stay at a Disney hotel, they give you the basic park band. It's the fancy character ones that you buy in the gift shop that have an appeal for collectors and season pass holders.

The Cruise band is for lojacking kids. Parents can drop off the kids at designated play areas. The kids get a band to ID them so they can get released back to the right parents and buy things on the ship while in the play areas. Hence why Kojubat with no kids got a creepy look when he first asked for one - because they probably thought he was trying to setup a kidnapping.

At some point you'd expect Disney to issue all cruise passengers the band as they've done with their hotels. But those will likely be different bands then what they are using today for the kids.

Ready to checkout with the Saga bundle plus some of the Star Wars figures that I like for $60...and I just can't pull the trigger. I keep asking myself why do I want it. CAG remorse will kick in later for sure I just know it :wall:

Side Note: Does the Star Wars set cover the whole saga (6 movies)? 

Ready to checkout with the Saga bundle plus some of the Star Wars figures that I like for $60...and I just can't pull the trigger. I keep asking myself why do I want it. CAG remorse will kick in later for sure I just know it :wall:

Side Note: Does the Star Wars set cover the whole saga (6 movies)?
Twilight of the Republic is set during the Clone Wars cartoon.

Rise Against the Empire covers the Original Trilogy loosely.

The Force Awakens covers that film loosely as well.

Probably crazy, but I'm holding out for slightly lower prices. A bit worried about finding Sam Flynn though, seems harder to find lately.

Probably crazy, but I'm holding out for slightly lower prices. A bit worried about finding Sam Flynn though, seems harder to find lately.
At some point Toys R Us will have to start clearing their massive inventory. Though they may be holding on for a long time.

At some point Toys R Us will have to start clearing their massive inventory. Though they may be holding on for a long time.
That's my thought ... they have sooo much stock at the stores I've been to. I'm grabbing the $2.99 figures and the $3.99 figures I've been holding out on, but waiting on $4.99 and up. Just worried that a couple of the figures will get harder and harder to find, but I'm not going for a full collection (just don't see the point since there won't be future unlocks or benefits sadly).

Anyone mentioned that Amazon is also having a big DI sale?  Looks like a lot of similar prices as Best Buy.

I did see that the Spiderman set is $16 on amazon sold by a 3rd party, but fulfilled by amazon with prime shipping.  Isn't that one that people here have been looking for a deal on?

In addition to today's purchase, I was able to pricematch my purchase of Nick Wilde and Judy Hoops from the week of 6/5 sale.

Did they give you a DCL band, or did you have to pay for it on the cruise when you asked for it?
They just gave it to me, no charge.

On the information channel they pretty much said feel free to take it with you as part of the debarkation briefing. If you didn't want to keep it, they asked not to leave it in the stateroom and to return it to the club. I assumed it was to cut down on the housekeeping staff having to do something with them, but a quick internet search seems to indicate that you buy one in the beginning and can get a credit back if you decide to return it.

It was just sitting in a bin, so I have no idea if it was a new or returned band. Not sure if they sterilize and/or reuse, either.

I don't see them outright replacing the stateroom cards on the ships soon for two reasons:

1. On some of the ships, your stateroom lights don't work without a card in a slot near the door. You are supposed to use your key card for it (but anything the same size and shape will work), and remove it when you leave the room.
  2. Port authorities at each stop want to see an ID and a card with your name and ship on it to let you leave again.
I'm sure they will figure it out, but at this point it's probably working well enough as is.

I picked up Mickey, Minnie, Tinker Bell, Baloo, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Vision, Darth Maul, Poe Dameron, Boba Fett, and Quorra. Too bad Sam Flynn was unavailable. Mostly I just got whatever I had an interest in before they potentially went unavailable. I'll definitely keep the Marvel characters (then I'll have them all) and Baloo, and I'm not sure on the rest. I may just return a couple in-store.

Oh I'm trying not to buy more here at the last moment.  It's helpful that a lot of them have sold out.  I think I'm going to get Quorra at least since I would never have considered her but wound up watching her on YouTube somehow and she actually looks really fun to play with.  Don't know anything about her or the movie though.  Tempted to grab Poe just because of the price even though same as Quorra I know nothing about him (haven't seen Ep 7 yet).  I hear Baloo is actually fun to use even though he looks like he would be awful, no love for Jungle Book.

Edit- Caved and bought Quorra and Baloo to bring the damage to 14 figures.  Still have to get to Target tomorrow and pick up the Dory playset.   :fridge:

I only picked up 4 figures today.  I ordered Kylo Ren with Light FX, Black Panther, Vision and Ant-Man.  I really wanted to grab the 3.0 Marvel characters and I had already found an Ultron at Gamestop as part of the sale they've been doing.  

I bought an Xbone 3.0 set and 23 figures today. My daughter collects the Disney figures, as well as the Avengers figures, and I figured we could start playing the game together once school starts up after she does her homework. I went to Walmart to get groceries a while after ordering and they had a ton of the 3.0 power disc sets for $3 each, but I didn't get any. I need to go back and get some though.
Eh, I went a bit overboard on figures but oh well. I can't imagine the light FX figures will be available for too much longer. About the on,y things I need still are Loki and Falcon to complete the Avengers, the Luke and Leia set, the Force Awakens set, and the Spider-Man/Nova set. And maybe the 3.0 Captain America figure too, to go with my other two Caps.

That's about as cheap as those will go (the $14.99 ones) unless they last long enough to go endcap clearance (YMMV in store) next year or so.  I caved and got Inside Out and Force Awakens as well as Dory.  Its really cool these dropped, but the figures went back up (Deal of the Day?).  Glad I jumped on those earlier today.  Got all of the ones I cared about and another Hulkbuster for my desk since he is such a great figure.

Thanks for the heads up on the play sets. I'm about to get the Marvel Battlegrounds set and the two Star Wars sets. I'm kind of tempted to get the Inside Out set but I would ever get the other Inside Out figures and am not trying to get a complete collection of all figures released, so I'll pass it up. I did like the movie though, so maybe some time on down the line.

Just got Inside Out. I don't really want the Finding Dory set right now, but I just really want the Anger figure. Was thinking of getting it for $8, so for $4 more it was an easy choice.

hmmm... will they automatically price adjust orders on playsets that were put in today? 

haha, it would be nice of them though, wouldn't it?  ... I guess a return/rebuy on the dory set is in my future.

And I can confirm the Battlegrounds playset is trash without friends... here's my little mini-review post on it from awhile back when people were asking about it.

It's basically what I expected... a smash bros. ripoff with very little content.  Needless to say, I wasn't looking forward to it but it was fun for the couple of hours we messed around with it.  There are 6 stages available from the beginning and 2 more that can be unlocked for a total of 8 in all.  There's a story mode that is laughable, consisting of 3 or 4 of these stages with some cutscenes sprinkled in... literally took us around 20-30 minutes to complete which is actually even worse than I expected, and that's saying something because if I had lowered my expectations any more I'd have had to set them on the ground.

Versus mode is actually pretty fun but I imagine it will get old pretty fast.  You can play with any marvel character released so far... you can even use ones that you don't own by spending trial tokens that you earn by playing the game and completing challenges (they give you 20 tokens to start).  Each week 3 characters are unlocked for free use... when the week is up those three are locked back up and you're given access to 3 different ones. 
ugX6r28.jpg

Characters are unlocked for play by simply placing the statue on the base and removing it... no need to keep them on the base at all during play.  This seemed awesome at first, until I realized the next time he started the game up that we had to place every single fucking one back on the base every time we played to re-unlock them.  Understandable from Disney's standpoint but a huge pain in the ass... there are ways they could have approached this differently but oh well.

The matches are fun though.  There's a lot of flair when characters use their special moves and there are different power discs that are dropped in the match for a sort of mini-power move.  But the flashy scenes that pop every time you activate a move or a disc are the only thing that really keeps it fresh so the legs on this one are going to be pretty short.

Guess I'm buying the Force Awaken's Playset now, and maybe the Finding Dory set so I can be done outside the Crystal figures...

The instore pickup ladies were giving me the funniest look when I was picking up all my 13 figures today (Plus my two Splatoon Amiibo sets). Totally owned up to it and said I liked collecting them, then ended up getting into a bit of a conversation with them about them.

bread's done
Back