Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of went overboard too last week but my daughter and I already opened the $130~ worth of stuff we ordered. I haven't really gotten anything that we don't care about though. After I get a Loki and Falcon we'll have all the characters from Avengers, and then after I get classic Spider-Man I'll have all the Marvel characters that I would want. I might get Groot for my daughter but I don't need any GotG figures, don't care about Iron Fist that much, and definitely don't want that dumb-looking Green Goblin (if only it had been a classic Green Goblin...). We have almost all the Disney figured we want, only needing to get Tinkerbell, Jasmine, Jack Skellington, and maybe Donald Duck and some Toy Story figures. And I have all Star Wars figures other than three of the Rebels characters, which I haven't seen and don't really care to watch.
I think the only thing we have that I definitely wish I didn't buy was the Light FX Anakin, since the 3.0 set has him in it. I don't really NEED the LFX figures, I guess, and I really don't need two of the same guy sitting there.
Oh well, though. I installed 3.0 last night while I was sleeping, so we'll play some of it later today. I need to install and update 2.0 as well, since we never played that; we only played an hour or so of 1.0 back on the 360.

I ended up buying $100 worth of Disney Infinity stuff at Best Buy this week and just took it all back. I had this realization that I'm never really going to play with any of this stuff, no matter how cheap is it, and I don't need it taking up space at my place. I just kept 2 figures, one Maleficient that my fiance put on her desk at work and I kept Groot to do the same.

All this said, I'm glad that you all are getting deals on this game and enjoying it. O:)
This....except for the returns. I opened the boxes like a kid at Christmas then looked at everything wondering when i was going the play any of it.

#cagproblems

I'm still new to Infinity. Do I need Alice or mad hatter figure to access the looking glass levels?
.....there are no looking glass levels. The only level packs for 3.0 are the three Star Wars ones, Marvel Battlegrounds, Finding Dory, and Inside out. Any figure that is not directly tied to any of those movies is only for Toybox mode or the Toybox Takeover and Toybox Speedway add-ons

Actually there are some pretty good Disney-made Alice levels on the user created Toy Box area ... I was impressed. Good to download before the servers go down ...

I might make a few returns as well. Han, Po and Finn ... They all feel kind of similar ... Not sure I really need all 3.
Finn is one of the best Star Wars character in-game and might be the best blaster based character in the entire Infinity line, his fully powered rifle is pretty awesome.

I have all Star Wars figures other than three of the Rebels characters, which I haven't seen and don't really care to watch.
Rebels turned into a great show in season two, you may want to reconsider as it hits all of the right chords for an OG Star Wars fan which really helps with the anticipation for the new movies. Give it a chance, you may end up loving it.

I am interested in the Rebels show but don't have cable and I never see the dvd,blu, or stream go on sale for it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Actually there are some pretty good Disney-made Alice levels on the user created Toy Box area ... I was impressed. Good to download before the servers go down ...
That's what I saw too. The top down levels look pretty good, and the transition by crashing down through each level is pretty creative.

Is there still no official date on when the servers will be down?  For some reason I thought it was this month but now I can't find it... guess I made it up in my head.

Is there still no official date on when the servers will be down? For some reason I thought it was this month but now I can't find it... guess I made it up in my head.
That would be an awful quick turn around. The TOS for most games specify at least 30 days after it's announced before they can shut them down so it shouldn't come out of nowhere at least.

For right now:

4. Will the servers stay up?
While there hasn’t been any official word, the servers are likely to stay up for the time being. The servers used to host Disney Infinity online play may be shared with other Disney online experiences. Some calls to Disney Interactive’s support have reassured fans that there are no immediate plans to shut down the servers. Plan on them going down officially at the end of the year.

You will be able to patch or download content / updates for the game for years to come as that info isn’t hosted on Disney’s servers.

That sounds about right since most online services shut down either at the end of the year or end of January/February. Probably coincides with whenever their fiscal year will end.

For right now:

4. Will the servers stay up?
While there hasn’t been any official word, the servers are likely to stay up for the time being. The servers used to host Disney Infinity online play may be shared with other Disney online experiences. Some calls to Disney Interactive’s support have reassured fans that there are no immediate plans to shut down the servers. Plan on them going down officially at the end of the year.
You will be able to patch or download content / updates for the game for years to come as that info isn’t hosted on Disney’s servers.
That's seems contradictory. It's shutting down for online play but content and updates will be available? What does toy box fall under?

That's seems contradictory. It's shutting down for online play but content and updates will be available? What does toy box fall under?
All patches and items downloaded outside of games are hosted on Sony's PSN or Microsoft's XBL servers. That's why games can still be downloaded and updated after they're delisted for sale or their online component shut down. The servers that host any multiplayer or content downloaded within the game are usually hosted and maintained by the publisher of the game. So when those go anything it serviced in game is gone. Toy box content is within game and presumably hosted by Disney.

How concerned or not should I be about Amazon eventually shipping stuff fulfilled by Amazon.com (i.e. not a 3rd party seller) where the order status says will ship in the next 2-4 weeks?  I have open orders for Nemo and Dory placed priced-matched better than I'm going to find in local stores, so if I was confident the stuff was definitely going to show up I would wait for it to ship.  However, I'm concerned that local stock is getting scarce enough that if Amazon cancels the order in a month I'm going to end up paying significantly more (and burning a lot of fuel/time in order to do it) trying to get it somewhere else.

How concerned or not should I be about Amazon eventually shipping stuff fulfilled by Amazon.com (i.e. not a 3rd party seller) where the order status says will ship in the next 2-4 weeks? I have open orders for Nemo and Dory placed priced-matched better than I'm going to find in local stores, so if I was confident the stuff was definitely going to show up I would wait for it to ship. However, I'm concerned that local stock is getting scarce enough that if Amazon cancels the order in a month I'm going to end up paying significantly more (and burning a lot of fuel/time in order to do it) trying to get it somewhere else.
If it's Amazon themselves then I wouldn't worry. They've taken months to ship stuff but very rarely say they'll be able to get something you've ordered and then can't fulfill it. I just got a case of glasses last month that I ordered in early March for example and they couldn't even give me an estimate of when they would be here until the beginning of June but they still showed up eventually. If they're saying 2-4 weeks that's probably pretty accurate (the estimates are often larger than the reality too) and they most likely have a scheduled shipment within that window.

That sounds about right since most online services shut down either at the end of the year or end of January/February. Probably coincides with whenever their fiscal year will end.
Disney's fiscal year starts on October 1, so end of September if the fiscal calendar drives the decision.

Toy Box Takeover rang up at $8.74 at my local Target tonight, and just a reminder that Cartwheel makes whatever remaining figures they have roughly ~$4 each.

Does anyone have any experience with UK (England) versions of Power Discs? Do they look any different on the back or have compatibility with the US version?

I'm asking because "Tron On The Grid" is one of the very last discs I need, and a few sellers in the UK seem to have tons of them for around $12 US. I'm guessing that disc wasn't a store exclusive in the UK the way it was here at Toys R Us, so that's why they have so many more of them?

I am interested in the Rebels show but don't have cable and I never see the dvd,blu, or stream go on sale for it.
As a friendly reminder - check your local library system. They probably own the box sets of each season. Worth checking out and it's free. I'm a librarian and you may be surprised what is there.

So, I'm only missing Nemo, Time, Mad Hatter, Fear and Sadness from 3.0.  Aside from Nemo, the rest should be easy to acquire below $5, right?  Add to that list Syndrom and Randall and I almost have a full INfinity set...THANKS CAG!

So, I'm only missing Nemo, Time, Mad Hatter, Fear and Sadness from 3.0. Aside from Nemo, the rest should be easy to acquire below $5, right? Add to that list Syndrom and Randall and I almost have a full INfinity set...THANKS CAG!
Keep an eye on Amazon. I got the three pack with Davy Jones, Randy and Syndrome from there last week for $15. It's going for $23 right now but will most likely pop up for cheaper again. It might be the cheaper route to go than buying Randy and Syndrome separately, even if you do already have Davy Jones.

As a friendly reminder - check your local library system. They probably own the box sets of each season. Worth checking out and it's free. I'm a librarian and you may be surprised what is there.
Moreover what you ask ask your friendly librarian to borrow (FOR FREE) from another Library. Some of the inter-library items you can get are amazing.

So i'm completely new to the Disney Infinity stuff.  I still do not own the game, but I did pick up a few figures from the recent Bestbuy  sale. Some of the really cheap Marvel and Star Wars figures. I think the Marvel figures are 2.0. I'm guessing will work with 3.0 ? 

I got roughly 30 days to decide if I want to keep these and pick up the game or not.

I keep looking for more information on what all you can do with the game. So it's a single player game with multiplayer options right?

What are the added benefits of searching for the power discs and extra playsets? 

I'm still trying to figure out how much money this is going to cost me to play what I want or if I should return the figures and put the money towards something else. 

So i'm completely new to the Disney Infinity stuff. I still do not own the game, but I did pick up a few figures from the recent Bestbuy sale. Some of the really cheap Marvel and Star Wars figures. I think the Marvel figures are 2.0. I'm guessing will work with 3.0 ?

I got roughly 30 days to decide if I want to keep these and pick up the game or not.

I keep looking for more information on what all you can do with the game. So it's a single player game with multiplayer options right?

What are the added benefits of searching for the power discs and extra playsets?

I'm still trying to figure out how much money this is going to cost me to play what I want or if I should return the figures and put the money towards something else.
-All Disney Infinity 1.0 and 2.0 figures work on 3.0 (2.0 playset pieces do NOT work on 3.0 however).

-Gameplay varies based on which Playset you buy. But mainly it's a mixture of platforming, fighting and shooting. Ninja Theory (Heavenly Sword, DMC) really made the gameplay fun. Each figure is unique and the fighting feels really good. Some figures hack and slash, others shoot, etc. The gameplay reminds me of Jak and Daxter or Ratchet and Clank games.

-The Star Wars playsets play similiar to Jak and Daxter games.

-This game has a toy box mode which is basically free roam with loads of options. You can create levels or entire games. Create race tracks, mini games, etc. It takes patience to learn how do to do everything but the game has tutorials in it. There's also tutorials on YouTube from the devs. Once I saw Woody (Toy Story) wielding a light saber, I was immediately sold. People also upload their Toy Box levels/games online so you can download and play a ton of content.

-Power discs add special powers, extra accessories or costumes to certain figures. Meh I don't really use em.

For 3.0 there are 5 playsets:

• Star Wars Twilight of the Republic: The best Playset right here. Lots of action, good boss fights, side quests, exploring, space battles and the music is great. Reminds me of Jak 2. You can only play as Star Wars figures in this set.

• Star Wars Rise Against the Empire: This one is good for the current price. Kinda short in my opinion but I still enjoyed it.

• Star Wars The Force Awakens: I actually never finished this one so I can't comment. I was too busy at the time. This one does have the most platforming out of the other Star Wars Playsets.

• Inside Out Playset: This one is more kiddy but it's colorful and vibrant. It has 3D platforming as well as side scrolling platforming if you're in to that.

• Finding Dory: I haven't played this one yet. I ordered it though. From YouTube videos is looks similiar to a 3D Ecco the Dolphin.

• Marvel Battlegrounds: The story is short and isn't very good. But playing against a friend is fun. It plays similiar to Power Stone. You can use any Marvel figure for this playset.

-Last but not least, there's also 2 expansions. Toybox Takeover, which plays similar to Marvel Ultimate Alliance or Xmen Legends. Then there's Toybox Speedway which is basically Mario Kart or Crash Team Racing. You can use any figure in these expansions. They are both very fun.

Media code is just for PC? If so I have all mine to share since I am not playing it on the PC.
Correct, although technically it binds it to your account. Which may have meant something in the future ... If they hadn't wiped out the entire gaming division. I'm half tempted to start scanning in characters I don't want and returning them ... morally wrong but the only way to get items for the toybox like the keyblade ... granted that requires all figures and all discs Or just figures?

Correct, although technically it binds it to your account. Which may have meant something in the future ... If they hadn't wiped out the entire gaming division. I'm half tempted to start scanning in characters I don't want and returning them ... morally wrong but the only way to get items for the toybox like the keyblade ... granted that requires all figures and all discs Or just figures?
The keyblade requires all 3.0 figures up through baloo

So i'm completely new to the Disney Infinity stuff. I still do not own the game, but I did pick up a few figures from the recent Bestbuy sale. Some of the really cheap Marvel and Star Wars figures. I think the Marvel figures are 2.0. I'm guessing will work with 3.0 ?
The Marvel character's box should specify 2.0 or 3.0. But you can use the 2.0 figs in 3.0.

The game itself has no real story content, just Toybox mode. Toybox mode allows you to create your own games, you can also download what others have created!

Playsets contain the story modes. Each plays a little differently, and useable characters are restricted to that property.

Discs add power-ups, vehicles, costumes, and scenery for toybox mode.

The game can be played with up to two players on one console and 4 online. The exception is Marvel Battlegrounds which lets you have 4 players on one consile

So, I'm only missing Nemo, Time, Mad Hatter, Fear and Sadness from 3.0. Aside from Nemo, the rest should be easy to acquire below $5, right? Add to that list Syndrom and Randall and I almost have a full INfinity set...THANKS CAG!
They were all just $4.80 after GCU at BBY so keep an eye out for the next sale there.

Moreover what you ask ask your friendly librarian to borrow (FOR FREE) from another Library. Some of the inter-library items you can get are amazing.
Some of the other library systems here they get new release games fairly regularly. Michigan doesn't do games for it though.

So, I'm only missing Nemo, Time, Mad Hatter, Fear and Sadness from 3.0. Aside from Nemo, the rest should be easy to acquire below $5, right?
They were all just $4.80 after GCU at BBY so keep an eye out for the next sale there.
Target has all DI 3.0 figure for $6.99 (Yoda Light FX more) plus 30% Cartwheel (tomorrow last day) that makes it $4.9 before 5% off Red Card.

I think Nemo, Fear and Sadness might be harder to find at Target as Nemo is new and people have been waiting for it, Fear and Sadness probably have lower production and gone thru a few times 30% Cartwheel. At least I didn't see any of them at my Target today.

I finished my 3.0 figures in last BB sales already.

-All Disney Infinity 1.0 and 2.0 figures work on 3.0 (2.0 playset pieces do NOT work on 3.0 however).

-Gameplay varies based on which Playset you buy. But mainly it's a mixture of platforming, fighting and shooting. Ninja Theory (Heavenly Sword, DMC) really made the gameplay fun. Each figure is unique and the fighting feels really good. Some figures hack and slash, others shoot, etc. The gameplay reminds me of Jak and Daxter or Ratchet and Clank games.

-The Star Wars playsets play similiar to Jak and Daxter games.

-This game has a toy box mode which is basically free roam with loads of options. You can create levels or entire games. Create race tracks, mini games, etc. It takes patience to learn how do to do everything but the game has tutorials in it. There's also tutorials on YouTube from the devs. Once I saw Woody (Toy Story) wielding a light saber, I was immediately sold. People also upload their Toy Box levels/games online so you can download and play a ton of content.

-Power discs add special powers, extra accessories or costumes to certain figures. Meh I don't really use em.

For 3.0 there are 5 playsets:

• Star Wars Twilight of the Republic: The best Playset right here. Lots of action, good boss fights, side quests, exploring, space battles and the music is great. Reminds me of Jak 2. You can only play as Star Wars figures in this set.

• Star Wars Rise Against the Empire: This one is good for the current price. Kinda short in my opinion but I still enjoyed it.

• Star Wars The Force Awakens: I actually never finished this one so I can't comment. I was too busy at the time. This one does have the most platforming out of the other Star Wars Playsets.

• Inside Out Playset: This one is more kiddy but it's colorful and vibrant. It has 3D platforming as well as side scrolling platforming if you're in to that.

• Finding Dory: I haven't played this one yet. I ordered it though. From YouTube videos is looks similiar to a 3D Ecco the Dolphin.

• Marvel Battlegrounds: The story is short and isn't very good. But playing against a friend is fun. It plays similiar to Power Stone. You can use any Marvel figure for this playset.

-Last but not least, there's also 2 expansions. Toybox Takeover, which plays similar to Marvel Ultimate Alliance or Xmen Legends. Then there's Toybox Speedway which is basically Mario Kart or Crash Team Racing. You can use any figure in these expansions. They are both very fun.
I was doing research on the toybox content from other people. Did I read that there's a limit on how many you can download/keep at the same time? I thought it was 20?

Do you get a confirmation message when the Keyblade unlocks? I scanned in every 3.0 figure (including all playset characters) and they're all showing up as owned on the collection screen.

EDIT: Just checked my PC Infinity collection and it is showing Kylo Ren blacked out. I have the FX version, but that would seriously suck if that one doesn't count and it need to be the regular one only.

Disney confirmed you needed everything up to and including the release of baloo :p
I just confirmed that I didn't need Baloo, might be you need it :)

I got all the 3.0 figures but hadn't level them all up to 1.

To prove that Baloo is not needed, I reset the Baloo figure and also Mickey Mouse and double checked they had been removed from the Hall of Heroes.

I leveled up the rest of Marvel figures (easy thing using Experience Bank), went to Hall of Super Heroes and had them all lighted up.

Then killed a few scums using Mickey Mouse in the Toy Hub to get to Level 1.

Went into the Hall of Heroes again, lighted up Mickey Mouse Statue...

and yes, Keyblade appeared at the center.

If you don't believe me, believe here

http://disneyinfinitycodes.com/how-to-unlock-the-keyblade-in-disney-infinity-3-0/

Do you get a confirmation message when the Keyblade unlocks? I scanned in every 3.0 figure (including all playset characters) and they're all showing up as owned on the collection screen.

EDIT: Just checked my PC Infinity collection and it is showing Kylo Ren blacked out. I have the FX version, but that would seriously suck if that one doesn't count and it need to be the regular one only.
It appeared automatically at the center (a short animation of it) of the Hall where you lighted up the last required statue.

You can't just scan the figure, every figure needs to be Level 1 or up to have them show up in the Halls.

Light FX version count, you don't need regular version. I have all Light FX figures but do not have regular Kylo Ren, Dark Vader, Yoda and Obi-wan.

Also, my Charter cable Internet sucks and broke frequently. If I dropped a new figure when the Internet was down, it wouldn't add to the online account (for PC) until next time I drop it again when Internet is working.

Too bad they never made an "import feature" so you could play 1.0/2.0 playsets on 3.0. I would have paid for something like that.
That would have been nice. I'm hoping that after Disney shutters things eventually that some intrepid modder will strip the PC version of it's server dependency and then some other intrepid modders will make Spider Gwen and all the other cancelled figures and other great stuff.

Go home, you're drunk.
My seven year old keeps referring to "Dark" Vader. I keep explaining that it is "Darth" but I think she is confused since it is a word she has never heard before.
Too bad they never made an "import feature" so you could play 1.0/2.0 playsets on 3.0. I would have paid for something like that.
Them not having the ability to import playsets to newer games makes me glad that I wasn't following the Infinity line since inception and spending full price on it. Seems like a waste of the playsets to not have them be forward-compatible, or at least have a way to get the 1.0 previous gen's playsets onto current gen, so that way at least all playsets could be played on one current console.

I think I said Dark Vader once trying to be silly or something and my five year old immediately let me know that I was wrong. :rofl:

I'm glad that I learned my lesson quickly with Skylanders stuff (though not quickly enough) and won't buy any of these toy game things for more than $3-4 a piece.  Still adds up in a hurry though, the box in my front room of all the figures from this BBY sale was like $60 alone.

Argh!

I had no intention of trying to get the Keyblade, but with all the Keyblade talk, I decided to check out the list of characters needed ... and I realized I'm only 3 short. Of course, it is the 3 that I passed on during the BB sale (Mickey, Minnie and Olaf).

... waiting for the next sale.

I was a bit skeptical about Darth Maul and Ultron, since they've been on super low clearance at BB, but they're actually both pretty fun to play with.

I was thinking, what are everyone's top must-have characters and biggest regrets? Might be helpful for people who are either jumping on-board with the clearance pricing or for people who are selectively collecting.

It's already been mentioned that Finn is easily the best blaster character to play as. His upgraded blaster is faster than any other. It's nuts. As surprisingly adept as he is with the blaster, Boba Fett is seemingly inept with his. I just don't know what they were thinking with his move set.

Darth Vader is probably my favorite light saber character. His range attack is to throw his saber and it's awesome. I don't think any other character does so.

Obi won has mind control which is a cute trick but pretty ineffective in battle since any accidental damage to a mind controlled character breaks the spell.

Ultron is okay but I prefer Iron Man. I wish they'd made an Iron Patriot costume power disc because I'd pick up a second iron man in a second. I think he's probably still one of my favorites. Honestly the 2.0 characters are some of the best even if they do lack "force powers"...nova, venom, hulk, and Thor were all stand outs. Falcon and green goblin were both m a bit of a disappointment, as were all the guardians characters.

If you have 1.0 those characters are fun but they're mostly useless in 2.0 and 3.0 since their attack movements were so basic that most don't even have combo attacks (Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones are the only exceptions to that).

bread's done
Back