Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Vision, Mad Hatter, and Time at my one local Target for $2.76 each. I'll be checking another store by me soon. Brickseek.com says it should have some DI figures in stock I'm looking to get for my brother. 

Same here. Figured might be tough to find fx target figure. Spidey was long gone though
guess i should of waited for this cartwheel 60% off to get that yoda fx. It might have been gone though.

Anyways, now today anakin fx on sale at best buy but i've been avoiding rebuying figures i already own just for the fx. At this rate, i'm hoping we see poe and the other sw characters hit .99 or 1.99

He's from Guardians of the Galaxy.
That's the problem of DI. They have to include some figures that no one knows or wants because of the franchise, while Disney original figures have Minnie only came in 3.0 and have yet to make Goofy.

Same here. Figured might be tough to find fx target figure. Spidey was long gone though
I think otherwise. Target seems like never run out of Yoda FX and BBY also seems have problem to clear out Anakin FX. The only one that's not easy to get in store is Obiwan FX and Luke FX (available one line). Never seen Luke FX again in Walmart a month after it's released (though I know some people got it for $5 or $3 at clearance in some other states).

BBY with the figures on sale again but a lot still OOS.
Guess they just run the sale again seeing people are returning figures :) because of Target sale.

Any thoughts on the Star Wars Rebels figures? Debating on picking some up with the Target sale. Haven't seen the show yet but will soon as I recently got season 1 on Blu-ray.

Can't decide whether I want to order the Dory set for 20$ now or not at Amazon (Even if it wont ship for a few weeks). Best Buys here never seemed to stock it, the site is sold out now, and most Targets and Toys R Us's here are sold out as well.

I stopped by another store in Cleveland and picked up Nemo, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Alice, and Mad Hatter. All on sale for $2.76 plus tax/Red Card discount. The workers there at the West 117th store were really helpful in getting Nemo and Black Panther from the back room. 

I stopped by another store in Cleveland and picked up Nemo, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Alice, and Mad Hatter. All on sale for $2.76 plus tax/Red Card discount. The workers there at the West 117th store were really helpful in getting Nemo and Black Panther from the back room.
That reminds me. Some figures were definitely not on shelves but show 50+ on the stock trackers so there's a good chance there's some hiding out in the back.

Is anyone aware of a list of which missions are required to finish each playset? I know in previous games it wasn't always obvious which ones continued the story and which ones were just side missions.

Is anyone aware of a list of which missions are required to finish each playset? I know in previous games it wasn't always obvious which ones continued the story and which ones were just side missions.
The ! mark on top are different, I think the blue ones are story and yellow ones are side missions (can't remember exactly, have finished all some time ago, and just done with the Toy Box Takeover)

Can't decide whether I want to order the Dory set for 20$ now or not at Amazon (Even if it wont ship for a few weeks). Best Buys here never seemed to stock it, the site is sold out now, and most Targets and Toys R Us's here are sold out as well.
I ordered Dory (and Nemo) from Amazon 8 days ago and the system still says it's going to ship on specific days in mid-August. Assuming Amazon does honor the order eventually, the prices are much better than anything I can get locally, but I am a bit concerned that if they cancel in late August I might be hard pressed to find any stock. Taking my chances for now....

I never thought I'd see the day when there would be no Infinity characters on store shelves.  But these figures are flying off with these sales.  The only Target that has any figure I want is over 30 miles away.  lol

Might have to check that Toys R Us sale on the 24th because Best Buy is also running out of the items I want.  Should have never waited.

Black Panther and Ant-man seem to be getting scarce around here. May need to grab them at TRU and then price match when they go on sale.

It's tempting to buy random figures at the Target price, but I just couldn't justify characters I don't really want or need like Mickey, Baloo or Hatter. No room for a full collection so I'm sticking with selective Marvel and Star Wars purchases ... Unless they have some sort of $1 per figure fire sale 😜

Sucks that you need to buy a playset and a disc pack for that unless you go the ebay route. But I've seen someone make that as a custom figure and it does look nice.
Yeah. Hopefully we'll get another $1.99 disc pack sale from Best Buy. As far as Luke goes, tracking an extra one down for a reasonable price would be the only real hitch. I'd also have to find a loose version of his blaster.

Any thoughts on the Star Wars Rebels figures? Debating on picking some up with the Target sale. Haven't seen the show yet but will soon as I recently got season 1 on Blu-ray.
Sabine is pretty awesome leveled to 20 with her grenades and whatnot, I'm not the biggest fan but got an itch to mess around with her in toybox mode yesterday and was surprised how fun she is to play with vs. a large squad of troopers. Ezra's also pretty fun....I'm working with him now, and Zeb is pretty much what Chewie should've been gameplay-wise. I guess when they tossed the old EU out of the canon, Wookiee's being much more agile than you would think also went out the window.

What is this about making a custom figure?
Luke's head on Poe's body with a few modifications including a new blaster, swapped base, and adding the rebel pilot disc.

Then with Poe's head you could do the same with a Finn figure and Poe's jacket disc, but that would be a bit more work and not really worth the hassle as his rebel pilot uniform looks better.

I ordered Dory (and Nemo) from Amazon 8 days ago and the system still says it's going to ship on specific days in mid-August. Assuming Amazon does honor the order eventually, the prices are much better than anything I can get locally, but I am a bit concerned that if they cancel in late August I might be hard pressed to find any stock. Taking my chances for now....
If for $20, TRU has it for the same price shipped free and you might count on a sale next week.

I have been trying to get the bluetooth base and game for Vita at a reasonable (even now it's overpriced on ebay), I'm surprised GameStop is still selling the starter pack for $60 (lowest was $40).

I have been trying to get the bluetooth base and game for Vita at a reasonable (even now it's overpriced on ebay), I'm surprised GameStop is still selling the starter pack for $60 (lowest was $40).
Lowest was actually $24.99, which is what I paid for it.

That's the problem of DI. They have to include some figures that no one knows or wants because of the franchise, while Disney original figures have Minnie only came in 3.0 and have yet to make Goofy.
Did you miss the mega hit Guardians of the Galaxy movie that came out a little bit ago? He was one of the standout characters?

Did you miss the mega hit Guardians of the Galaxy movie that came out a little bit ago? He was one of the standout characters?
It's good but I wouldn't say it's a mega hit, and certainly he's not one of the standout characters, the only thing he did was being angry and dumb in calling Ronan. It's just wasting resources and inventory to include the whole line up of GotG for one playset.

Hit a couple Targets tonite.  Not the ones that are right nearby that are always out of everything - I know their stock would be crap.  Finally got the Dory playset and regular Yoda at the first store.  Next went to one I usually don't go to and hit the motherload.  They even had a couple Boba Fett but I already had him.  They also had 3 Dory sets, Ant-Man, Time, a few Vision, Black Suite Spiderman, several Chewy, and more I can't remember off the top of my head.  I grabbed the last Alice.

The 2nd store was Phillipsburg, NJ if anyone is close by and looking.

Though when I got home and opened the figures, I noticed Time sounded like a piece of something was bouncing around near the bottom.  When I look at the bottom it looks like the NFC chip is cracked big time.  No other stores have him, so I'll have to return and hope BB has a better sale or maybe hit TRU next week.

Hit a couple Targets tonite. Not the ones that are right nearby that are always out of everything - I know their stock would be crap. Finally got the Dory playset and regular Yoda at the first store. Next went to one I usually don't go to and hit the motherload. They even had a couple Boba Fett but I already had him. They also had 3 Dory sets, Ant-Man, Time, a few Vision, Black Suite Spiderman, several Chewy, and more I can't remember off the top of my head. I grabbed the last Alice.

The 2nd store was Phillipsburg, NJ if anyone is close by and looking.

Though when I got home and opened the figures, I noticed Time sounded like a piece of something was bouncing around near the bottom. When I look at the bottom it looks like the NFC chip is cracked big time. No other stores have him, so I'll have to return and hope BB has a better sale or maybe hit TRU next week.
Holy Crap. You were in my town Link.

That article linked awhile back talked about how they weren't planning on making Yondu but were pretty much told they had too. Bad idea in hindsight considering he didn't sell well at all.

Marvel doesn't care. They just want to get more exposure to more characters to build their brand, as opposed to using characters people care about.

It's the same reason they're setting up the New Avengers to replace the old Avengers that all are going to die in the upcoming movie.

Kevin Feige is ruthless.

these toy box downloads are pretty cool. had no idea they would be this sophisticated. is there a way to filter to see only the ones you've downloaded?

Derp, I forgot to order the Zootopia characters since they're not available at Target. Next sale hopefully.

Marvel doesn't care. They just want to get more exposure to more characters to build their brand, as opposed to using characters people care about.

It's the same reason they're setting up the New Avengers to replace the old Avengers that all are going to die in the upcoming movie.
Kevin Feige is ruthless.
A lot of the character maneuvering, deaths, changes, etc. are all contractual gymnastics. Being a full blown movie company now they're working to get control back of their franchises and using the language of the deals to change the characters so they have the rights to then again.

It's good but I wouldn't say it's a mega hit, and certainly he's not one of the standout characters, the only thing he did was being angry and dumb in calling Ronan. It's just wasting resources and inventory to include the whole line up of GotG for one playset.
The money it unexpectedly raked in says otherwise.
plus what would be the point not making the full line-up?
the one that REALLY wasted resources was all of the characters they made for the Avengers play set. it has, what, 8 characters?
although i wholeheartedly agree Yondu was a stupid choice.

these toy box downloads are pretty cool. had no idea they would be this sophisticated. is there a way to filter to see only the ones you've downloaded?
there should be a section of the menu for that somewhere. i can't remember what it was called off the top of my head :p

Went with Ant Man and Black Panther from GS. After looking at the websites for Target, Best Buy, and even TRU ... some of these figures are getting really scarce. Antman was only at one local TRU in the area and nowhere else. Flynn was a bit hard to come by too, could have saved a couple bucks waiting ... But I think when the final clearance does come, people are going to be disappointed that some characters are long gone.

Finally, $5 is my buy price for Tron Flynn. It's sold out everywhere except GS which has a ton and I was even debating at $9 a few days ago.

Yesterday's haul:

Finding Dory playset

Alice

Time

Vision

Ant-man

Black suit spidey

Chewy

Yoda (regular)

Hoping the wife will stop by Target on her way home.  Supposedly they have a few Nemo and nowhere else has any.

All of my local targets and best buy locations have been cleaned out basically. So to make sure I get the last three figures I wanted to completed my collection I ordered Nemo, Ant-Man and Sam Flynn from Toys R's Us today while they still have them available for $8 each. I had a $5 rewards and got free shipping so this is worth it to me. I'm sure they will be closing them out soon as well but I don't want to hunt for these three. I've done enough hunting around the last few days.

Finally, $5 is my buy price for Tron Flynn. It's sold out everywhere except GS which has a ton and I was even debating at $9 a few days ago.
Yep. I may have passed on them, but there's a Gamestop about a half-mile from my house.

I ended up heading over there this morning and getting the Flynn, Quorra, Judy and Nick. (I'd not seen the Zootopia ones anywhere, and by the time I saw the best buy sale they were long since already sold).

How long do you get to do store pickup for Gamestop orders? I've looked on their Help, don't see a guide that enlights on it. See a few I want and don't want to pay their lousy shipping since that would negate the deal on these.

I tried to match the $14.99 Marvel Battlegrounds 3.0 Target price (since they're long gone at every store) at Walmart (since it seems each store has over 100 Infinity figures and sets). They told me they stopped matching all prices last month. While this seems ridiculous in general, it is even more exaggerated considering their high stock levels on this product. Lucky for me, my closest Best Buy had 2 left and matched the price for me.

Target is wiped out. Best Buy is getting close. It looks like Gamestop is joining now and TRU is rumored to start heavy discounts this weekend. Walmart is going to end up stuck with a lot of product to throw in their Clearance aisle, if they don't jump on the bandwagon soon. The store I was in still had a lot of 1.0 figures and playsets, not to mention 2.0 and 3.0.

How long do you get to do store pickup for Gamestop orders? I've looked on their Help, don't see a guide that enlights on it. See a few I want and don't want to pay their lousy shipping since that would negate the deal on these.
In my experience, just the same day you order.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

In my experience, just the same day you order.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info and yeah, guess I won't be getting my stuff there then. 5 was my buy price too damn.

In regards to person posting above me...I'm not 100% sure on this but I think Wal-Mart did an overhaul on their price match policy. I heard they did anyway, something about certain stores changing it. I don't know if they meant stores can be more selective in what they match or it was a mandatory change for all US stores, haven't looked it up yet but I heard they changed something regarding it.

EDIT: Found this: https://consumerist.com/2016/05/25/walmart-ending-price-matching-of-local-competitors-ads-at-500-stores-wont-say-which-500/

I never really ad matched with them so I don't know if "local competitor ad" literally means only competing stores within reasonable distance to them as I know they were price matching online stores for the longest time as that's what brought on that Amazon PS4 fiasco that prompted them to comp only Amazon and no third party sellers. That article only mentioned the local competition, said nothing about online except they would match their own store online.

Thanks for the info and yeah, guess I won't be getting my stuff there then. 5 was my buy price too damn.

In regards to person posting above me...I'm not 100% sure on this but I think Wal-Mart did an overhaul on their price match policy. I heard they did anyway, something about certain stores changing it. I don't know if they meant stores can be more selective in what they match or it was a mandatory change for all US stores, haven't looked it up yet but I heard they changed something regarding it.

EDIT: Found this: https://consumerist.com/2016/05/25/walmart-ending-price-matching-of-local-competitors-ads-at-500-stores-wont-say-which-500/

I never really ad matched with them so I don't know if "local competitor ad" literally means only competing stores within reasonable distance to them as I know they were price matching online stores for the longest time as that's what brought on that Amazon PS4 fiasco that prompted them to comp only Amazon and no third party sellers. That article only mentioned the local competition, said nothing about online except they would match their own store online.
Back in the day it was local competitor ad only. Hell, they wouldn't even match their own damn website.

Retailers don't want to keep the inventory on the books into next quarter. It looks bad to write down the value of inventory on your books. You don't want investors seeing impairment.

Out of the three closest GS to me, only one had Sam Flynn, and that GS only had one of them. I used a $5 GS cert from Bing and got the figure for 29¢! I'm officially done collecting DI figures.

bread's done
Back