Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I'm spoiled. 3.0 figures have now all been picked up... unless I can get 2.0 and 1.0 figures for like $2, it's going to be hard to be interested. 

Hmm ... made the mistake of watching a review of the Finding Dory playset ... now I want it ... damn!

Guess I'll try to track it down as my last DI purchase outside of Jack Skellington @ TRU.

Here's the video review in case anyone is curious ... actually looks pretty solid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTByzrFZ2w8

Yeah, they are definitely clearing out inventory faster than I suspected.

With DI essentially a dead brand, I expect most inventory will be gone by August/September.

My local Best Buy was picked clean.  

Yes! My wife did get Nemo as well as Time. Now I can return the broken one. Just 8 more 3.0 figures left.

Bought a couple dozen in the last week or so with these holler at sales.

Wound up picking up a light up Yoda and Kylo today since I saw those and will return the regulars. Wound up picking up the Dory set since it seems to be disappearing after being reasonably plentiful.

Was a little disappointed that I didn't find anything else I didn't see the other day but I'm also really not sure what else I'm actually looking for at this point.

Edit- Looking at an actual list of the characters I think I'm actually about done with what I actually want. Judy and Nick are probably the last ones and light up Vader if the sale at TRU is good enough. The rest are Star Wars characters I don't really care about or Originals characters I don't care about. Now maybe if they're all $1.50 or something but I don't really see that happening.

What is the Best Buy sale everyone is talking about?  It seems most of them are $10 there now.  Was it better at some point?  I mean, I remember ordering a whole bunch a few months back for pretty cheap.

What is the best price people are seeing for the Dory set - just the $15 at Target?  I regret passing that up now - just wasn't interested since Cartwheel didn't work with it.

What is the Best Buy sale everyone is talking about? It seems most of them are $10 there now. Was it better at some point? I mean, I remember ordering a whole bunch a few months back for pretty cheap.

What is the best price people are seeing for the Dory set - just the $15 at Target? I regret passing that up now - just wasn't interested since Cartwheel didn't work with it.
Most figures were $6 or less at Best Buy. Target is indeed the best price. You can try and ask the electronics employee or customer service person to apply the 60% cartwheel to Dory set. I had no luck at electronics but customer service did it without a problem. Walked out with Dory set and Nemo for under $10 total after tax.

My local wal-mart must be getting rid of all infinity inventory. They had all play sets for $11.98 and all figures for $4.98 and if I remember right the starter packs were $19.98. They only had the two Star Wars play sets and the marvel battlegrounds play sets left. The figures were hit and miss as to what was left.

Yeah, I stand corrected on Walmart from my previous post. About 1/3rd of the stores in my area (I have a bunch within driving distance) have started discounting DI items. I picked up Marvel Battlegrounds and the Guardians playset for $11.88 yesterday. I'm hoping I can find a store with the Spider-Man playset somewhere in town.

Is Brickseek pretty accurate with pricing?  My local Walmarts all have Marvel Battlegrounds according to the site, but only the 2nd closest is showing 11.88

Made the rounds on Tuesday. Hit Target to pick up BvS digibook and grabbed x2 Yoda FX for 2.99 (cartwheel 60% off). Most of the remaining figures left were Star Wars. Went to Best Buy and picked up an extra Anakin FX for 3.19. Across from them is a Gamestop and I scored a Yoda and Black Suit Spider-Man for 8.99. Hopefully I can go back and get price adjusted to $5 each. Still waiting for my Boba Fett to ship from Amazon.

Btw, what is the price of the Finding Dory set this week at Target? Is it back up to $29.99?
It was $14.99 when I bought it on Tuesday. Figured I'd buy it because of the 5% off w/ Red Card and the fact it's becoming harder to find. Plus got Nemo for only $2.91 after tax so it evens out.

Not ordering Nick and Judy from the BBY sale is really starting to look like a really big mistake on my part.

Btw, what is the price of the Finding Dory set this week at Target? Is it back up to $29.99?
Still $15, I bought it yesterday.

Today I wound up picking up Battlegrounds because it's gone from well stocked to out at nearly every single store.

Just ordered Groot, Agent P, Darth Vader, Drax, and Rocket Racoon collectors edition from GameStop. $4.99 each. Added a .97 pack of power disc to get free shipping with Saver promo code.

Successful Walmart trip.  Had to go for household supplies anyway, and I found Marvel Battlegrounds for 11.88

Also got Nick, Minnie, and Sadness for 4.96 - if TRU ends up having them cheaper on Sunday I can always return the Walmart ones.  At least I got them though.  Now I have all playsets across DI.  Just need 4 figures - Mickey, Mad Hatter, Judy Hopps, and Black Panther.

Oh and still Baymax from 2.0 so will be looking at TRU for that.

my walmart marked all the DI figures to 4.96 and playset to 11.88 the starter packs are marked down to 19.99 they must be trying to push it all away before 4Q

Not ordering Nick and Judy from the BBY sale is really starting to look like a really big mistake on my part.

Today I wound up picking up Battlegrounds because it's gone from well stocked to out at nearly every single store.
As an absolute worst case scenario, the Meijer at 13 and Little Mack has like six of them, if you can stomach paying $9.

What about GS near you?

​Poe down to $2 before GCU. Figures on sale again, a number for $1 less than recent sales but a lot are OOS currently. Play sets listed with the sale but most not discounted so far.

Ordered Time, Sadness, and Olaf for just over $12 shipped. Target would be better at around $9 total, but alas none near me so $1 more a figure isn't terrible at all.

I think it's fiber optic, not battery powered
It's not using fiber optic.

There is a LED at the bottom of the light saber, that's why each FX figure has a larger light saber handle, which is powered by the USB base thru the NFC antenna in the figure base and hence the figure base is thicker than regular figure.

These deals have been so insane the past two weeks, that I repeatedly have to talk myself out of buying extra double figures. Francesco is the last figure I need from all series. Never expected to get every DI figure made, but at these prices, it's too good to pass up.

Retailers are dumping these like their lives depended on it. It's like Disney is reimbursing them if they clearance them all out or something.

Toys R Us has repeatedly tried to clear stock of those crystal figures, even as low as $1 earlier this year. Still not Lightcore Hex overstock bad. They couldn't get rid of those even at $0.33 each.

Still need to get my hands on the Battlegrounds, Inside Out and Dory playsets as well as Nemo to round out my whole collection... 

I haven't been keeping up with these much and am bummed I have been so out of the loop; didn't realize they were all disappearing off shelves! Will be making a trip to Walmart soon it looks like!

Stopped by Walmart this morning and picked up a dozen figures, most price-matched to Best Buy, and Battlegrounds ($12). I was looking for figures my daughter would like. I'm glad I found Mickey, Alice, and Mulan but I'm bummed they didn't have Olaf or any of the new Dory stuff. After a buying frenzy around the holidays last year I took a long break, but the deals and the coming scarcity have sucked me back in. May God have mercy on my soul...

As someone just getting into the game with my kids due to these clearance deals, I have a question. I bought the Marvel 2.0 starter pack and I've downloaded the 3.0 software from Xbox Live. I've been seeing a lot of the older 1.0 play sets (Lone Ranger, Cars, Wreck-it Ralph, etc) at Walmarts around town. Will those work with what I've got? Or do they only work if you have the 1.0 starter pack?

As someone just getting into the game with my kids due to these clearance deals, I have a question. I bought the Marvel 2.0 starter pack and I've downloaded the 3.0 software from Xbox Live. I've been seeing a lot of the older 1.0 play sets (Lone Ranger, Cars, Wreck-it Ralph, etc) at Walmarts around town. Will those work with what I've got? Or do they only work if you have the 1.0 starter pack?
The figures are playable in toybox and the toybox games (speedway and takeover). The 1.0 pieces unlock toys you can use in the toybox but you can't play the full games that they unlock without the 1.0 software (which was never released on xb1 or ps4)

My son already has all of them but some of those figures are so stupidly cheap that I picked up a few duplicates of the cooler looking ones for my desk at work.

It's not using fiber optic.

There is a LED at the bottom of the light saber, that's why each FX figure has a larger light saber handle, which is powered by the USB base thru the NFC antenna in the figure base and hence the figure base is thicker than regular figure.
Well, you are both right. The light is provided by an LED, but the saber is a fiber optic that illuminates when light bounces through it. Power for the LED and data as you said is provided through the base through induction (magnetic field providing energy) and the data communication is NFC (near field communication). The chip inside can tell the LED to turn on or off.

Skylanders Lightcores and Giants use similar technology, but unfortunately those have a flaw. From my experience with Skylanders Lightcores/Giants once the light goes bad the figure ceases to work at all. Hopefully Disney worked around that, because while an LED will last a very long time, it is not infinite nor is it immune to life shortening defects.

Walmart.com has a bunch of figures for the same in-store $4.96 price. I ordered Olaf, Sadness, and Disgust for my daughter. Still rocking a free Shipping Pass trial so they should be here early next week for the same price as if I was able to find them in-store. Nice!

Walmart.com has a bunch of figures for the same in-store $4.96 price. I ordered Olaf, Sadness, and Disgust for my daughter. Still rocking a free Shipping Pass trial so they should be here early next week for the same price as if I was able to find them in-store. Nice!
Thanks for this. Luke FX is also $5. He is exclusive to WM so was the only one I really wanted. Woo!

Now just waiting for a similar price for Kanan (Amazon) and Vader (TRU) and I'll have ever single Star Wars and Marvel figure with like 50% of the disney ones as well. Plus all the power discs....stupid game.

Thanks for this. Luke FX is also $5. He is exclusive to WM so was the only one I really wanted. Woo!

Now just waiting for a similar price for Kanan (Amazon) and Vader (TRU) and I'll have ever single Star Wars and Marvel figure with like 50% of the disney ones as well. Plus all the power discs....stupid game.
Yup, just snagged Luke FX as well for free ship to store. Thanks for the heads up easper!

Thanks!

Ordered Olaf, Mickey and Minnie for pickup. That completes what I need for the Keyblade.

I'm done.

Ok, I've been checking in on the deals and whatnot but not as close as i used to..

Is the end near? Like I'm seeing all these crazy deal prices. Should i be getting worried for the figures i don't have?

I guess I'm just trying to numb myself. I don't want it to end 😢

bread's done
Back