Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I just need Kanan FX to have every 2.0 and 3.0 figure. There are a few 1.0 figures I do not have (25 or so I think) but I honestly don't care about them at all. I have literally every power disc inc King Mickey to that's good enough for me there.

Ahhhhhhh, keep forgetting to get my tickets!
GET THE TICKETS! I am so stoked for it. My cousin got a hotel at the Hyatt across the street for 4 or 5 nights. If all goes to plan I'll get to stay there for free. Maybe we can have a CAG meetup there? Would be cool. I live a little over an hour away from Orlando.

I just can't get excited about the 1.0 figures. That's one reason why I waited so long and didn't get into DI until Marvel was out. The only figure I have a mild interest in is Jack Skellington, but even then, when playing the game, there are better options since he doesn't have a playset. 

I just can't get excited about the 1.0 figures. That's one reason why I waited so long and didn't get into DI until Marvel was out. The only figure I have a mild interest in is Jack Skellington, but even then, when playing the game, there are better options since he doesn't have a playset.
There's a few I want like Vanelope and the Toy Story characters but I haven't been able to bring myself to because I've yet to see them cheap enough. The 1.0 characters seem so much more basic and work with so much less I can't see paying more than about $2.50 a piece.

Elsa is a standout from 1.0. Her moveset is unique and fairly powerful. Sorcerer Mickey is also a decent figure. Those 2 along with Jack Skellington are the only 1.0 figures that get used much  these days.

With people "finishing off" their collections with all of these sales, which figures, discs and play sets are you/your kids completely willing to go WITHOUT?

For us, mine don't care about:
-Mickey (already have sorcerer)
-Ronan/Yondu
-Sadness, Fear, Disgust (their play set lets you beat the game fine with just Joy and Anger)
-Time/Mad Hatter (hate the design/movies)
-Black suit Spider-Man (since we already have regular Spider-man...although, are their moves different?)

...Or any of the discs other than texture discs.

BUT we do have all of the playsets, since several of those are quite fun.

The 2.0 discs are almost entirely absent from our collection. The 1.0 discs are better, and they never ended up $0.25 like the 1.0 ones. Bought all the 3.0 discs from best buy when they were $2. Will probably never get the 2.0 discs.

I could easily have skipped the 3 Alice figures and the 2 Tron figures but was able to pick up all of those for less than $3 each except Sam, and the $3 line is where I pretty much decided the line was for just buying ones I wasn't that interested in. 

With people "finishing off" their collections with all of these sales, which figures, discs and play sets are you/your kids completely willing to go WITHOUT?
I never picked up 1.0, because the starter never dropped my price point ... and because of that we skipped most of the 1.0 figures, but did pick up an Incredibles character and Monsters Inc character at some point. I have most 2.0 and all Marvel, but may be missing a couple random characters. I have all 3.0, but no interest in the Alice stuff.

Pretty successful trip.  Only 1 GS near me had Judy Hopps, and another GS had Mickey & Black Panther.  So 3.0 is done.  All I need is Baymax for a complete collection.  If I worry about the crystals I just need Lone Ranger & Lightning McQueen.  Definitely not worrying about 1.0 or 2.0 disc collections.  I did grab a bunch when they were $0.25 a pack.  That's the only way I'd grab more.

My WM has all figures marked for sale but none of the playsets. Scanned the OT set and it comes up $11.88. They have a ton since no one knows they're also on clearance.

Think I'm finally done with DI ... Picked up all the figures I really wanted ... unless the others drop down to a dollar per figure, I think I can live without having a full collection. My only regret is that DI 1.0 has no way to play on current gen systems, would have been nice to play the Pirates or Lone Ranger stuff ... but oh well, no need to buy it if I can't really play with it.

Aside from a few 'must have' favorites, I've limited my kids to two figures for each playset. Even bought most of the playset pieces separately on ebay if they had no interest in the included starter figures. Didn't get Star Lord or Gamora because they'd probably never be used... got Rocket and Groot instead. We have all the playsets (except Dory). So, for us, the playset requirements dictated most of our figure purchases. Now that they're on clearance I'm filling in some of their favorite characters but I still have qualms about buying any more of the 'toybox only' characters.

We have all the retail power discs though... thanks to TRU clearance and a lot of online trading. Having a variety of vehicles for the speedway, texture discs for toybox, and random gadgets/summons/etc. gives plenty of toybox variety without having a shelf full of unused characters.

Is Force Awakens for $14.99 decent? I'm sure it could drop more but they are getting harder an harder to find in store. With GCU it is $11.99 so I figured why not. Also got Inside as well for $9.59.

Is Force Awakens for $14.99 decent? I'm sure it could drop more but they are getting harder an harder to find in store. With GCU it is $11.99 so I figured why not. Also got Inside as well for $9.59.
I believe all three of the play sets on sale at BBY are as low as they have been anywhere so far. Force Awakens is a repeat price while the other two are new lows.

Just got Nemo from Disneystore.com, which means I'm done! So happy, yet, so very very sad.

I also found a crystal mickey used at a Gamestop not too far from me. That made me insanely happy because i thought i was going to never find him. Totally didn't think about looking for him used at Gamestop. Thanks to whoever it was that mentioned that earlier today.

As far as figures i could go without... I dunno. I love Disney. And if i was just now getting into Infinity and trying to build a collection at the last minute, it would be insanely hard for me to not try and get them all.

You could probably live without the figures that are only in the toy box, but then those are some of the coolest ones out there. Same goes for 1.0. Most don't do anything worthwhile, but some are just awesome to have and play as if you love their movies.

I know this doesn't help at all, but i just thought I'd give my 2 cents. You could sit here and compare movesets and whatnot, but at the end of the day, it's about the figures you like and the characters you love.

I believe all three of the play sets on sale at BBY are as low as they have been anywhere so far. Force Awakens is a repeat price while the other two are new lows.
Cool, and thank you. Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the two SW sets and the Inside Out. Not going to risk it since stock is getting harder and harder to find. We all know Disney has more though and will dump new stock near Christmas. :p ;)

So I was away for the weekend and missed the sale target was having. I know recently the 3.0 figures were down to like $3 each or something like that. Is that deal still going on anywhere? I'd love to pick up the few figures I'm still missing.

Thanks Eldricht....f@ck I was hoping less than $10, but that seems unlikely
I had to get mine from Amazon, same price. These will get harder to find as time goes on. Good news is I completed the set a few days ago....exception being the d23 :/

I never picked up 1.0, because the starter never dropped my price point ... and because of that we skipped most of the 1.0 figures, but did pick up an Incredibles character and Monsters Inc character at some point. I have most 2.0 and all Marvel, but may be missing a couple random characters. I have all 3.0, but no interest in the Alice stuff.
Toys r Us has several od the 1.0 starter packs for $10 online. I bought the Xbox 360 one this afternoon and 3 figures to get free shipping.

For the lazy:

PS3

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18598176&cp=2255956.2273442.11156561.11341244.10882029.59824176.59823816&parentPage=family

Xbox 360 (now showing out of stock)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18598196&cp=2255956.2273442.11156561.11341244.10882029.59824176.59823816&parentPage=family

3DS

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18598186&cp=2255956.2273442.11156561.11341244.10882029.59824176.59823816&parentPage=family

I am wondering if I should just bite the bullet at get Kanan FX when he goes for $10-12 in case it sells out. It's the last FX figure I need. Thoughts?

I am wondering if I should just bite the bullet at get Kanan FX when he goes for $10-12 in case it sells out. It's the last FX figure I need. Thoughts?
I happily bought Nemo for $14 because he's apparently being true to his name. So it's better to have peace of mind than going crazy and kicking yourself in the ass later.

I think I paid 14 for Kanan.

I happily bought Nemo for $14 because he's apparently being true to his name. So it's better to have peace of mind than going crazy and kicking yourself in the ass later.
Wise words. If these things just don't get restocked many people will be kicking themselves over a few bucks :/

Those were both $11.98 each at my local Walmart yesterday. They had a crap load of them. Not sure if that's the price everywhere, because walmart.com is inconsistent with store pricing.

Edit: Sorry, just woke up... Read what you wrote wrong.
Thank you for this tip. On Brickseek, they said they were out of Marvel Battlegrounds, but I checked anyways and there was a non clearance price tag for $11.88. Not every Walmart had it for them for that price but a lot did. Worth checking out.

The Dory set is $14.99 at Target still. If your store is out you can ask for a raincheck. Guarantees that price until September. Also tells you on the raincheck that prints out where's the nearest store that has them. You can bring this raincheck to any Target.

Ended up ordering Nick and Judy for shipping through GS.  It's 20 cents more than if I had just ordered them from BBY when I had the chance but I have GS credit currently and they seem like some of the hardest to come by 3.0 figures.

Ended up snagging a few I needed from Toys'R'Us and on the way home stopped at Walmart for a few items, they had all the 3.0 starter packs for $19.99, playsets for $11.88 and individual characters for $4.96. Needless to say, I bought everyone and now have all of the 3.0 sets and characters.

Nemo and Dory will most likely end up being the rarest DI figures ... Short production run compared to just about every other release and stores weren't flooded with stock like the Kylo Ren FX figure because I think Disney already knew these sets were being sent out to die as final releases (assumed since Nemo includes the discs ... Why would they just give them away ...). So yeah, I'd find those two soon because prices may jump around the time the blu-ray is released.

BB play sets went back up in price but the figures are on sale again. Some are $1 more from two days ago. I ordered the Iron Man / Thor / Black Widow set for $6.39 (I've bought the 2.0 starter set twice already for little relatives, but for this price it will be nice having these figures at my house) and Ultron for $2.40.

Anyone playing Twilight of the Republic, make sure to back up your saves regularly. I spent the better part of Friday night doing those insanely tough Jedi training missions on extreme difficulty in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and this morning when I chose to back out of a random mission it wiped all my progress for the playset.

I just went to Walmart and saw Battlegrounds for $11.88 I already have the crystal I got it from GameStop but couldn't help and bought it again just because I wanted that figure. It looks much better than the Captain America from 2.0

Holy cow Nemo and Dory are no where to be found for sure. I'm debating why I am trying to get into this now, but man some of the figures are just perfect. Especially Nick Wilde...they really did a great job (imo) on that one.

Really thinking about trying to find Dory and Nemo now...still need to get the base 3.0 game too so just looking at all shelling $100 seems like the least minimum you need to spend to get some of the figures if you get picky, but damn can't imagine when people were paying retail

I've been trying to find Nemo ever since Best Buy and Target started clearing these out and no luck either.  At this point I might actually pay $10 for it

bread's done
Back