Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my shipment from TRU today and man is it poorly packaged. It is a massive box with a bunch of them just loose. The boxes are completely beat up. I was contemplating leaving the Crystal Variants all in their packaging but not anymore : /

Got my shipment from TRU today and man is it poorly packaged. It is a massive box with a bunch of them just loose. The boxes are completely beat up. I was contemplating leaving the Crystal Variants all in their packaging but not anymore : /
My order from GS was like this. I wanted to keep them all in packaging but the playsets were pretty bad. It's ok I guess because I would have likely opened them anyways. Kind of hard not to when they look so much better out of the boxes, plus I'd want to play with them in-game. I've found reports stating the company responsible for adhering the plastic protectors to the cardboard backers used cheap materials, and therefore this was an issue for a while with packages crumbling :/

My order from GS was like this. I wanted to keep them all in packaging but the playsets were pretty bad. It's ok I guess because I would have likely opened them anyways. Kind of hard not to when they look so much better out of the boxes, plus I'd want to play with them in-game. I've found reports stating the company responsible for adhering the plastic protectors to the cardboard backers used cheap materials, and therefore this was an issue for a while with packages crumbling :/
Funny that you mention this because I just got my Nick and Judy from them. And it was the same way. Huge box with air pillows. I'm like wow, what a waste of materials lol. Oh well, they weren't damaged so I can't complain about that. :)

Funny that you mention this because I just got my Nick and Judy from them. And it was the same way. Huge box with air pillows. I'm like wow, what a waste of materials lol. Oh well, they weren't damaged so I can't complain about that. :)
Best buy sent my Baloo, Ultron, and Hulk Buster in a 3 ' x 2' box filled with air pillows. I was wondering who ordered something so big when I saw it on my porch. The packing materials probably cost more than what they were sending.

Best buy sent my Baloo, Ultron, and Hulk Buster in a 3 ' x 2' box filled with air pillows. I was wondering who ordered something so big when I saw it on my porch. The packing materials probably cost more than what they were sending.
haha I know right. I'm like uhh well this had to me more to ship then using a smaller box. lol

Speaking of BB, I should be getting the rest of my stuff between Wednesday and Friday so I'm sure they will be the same packging as yours. :) Can't wait to get the rest of this stuff in and be able to play it finally.

Oh yeah, GS and their price stickers need to stop lol. Those things are a pain to get off. Thank goodness I have a huge bottle of Goo Gone.

My few figures that I ordered for myself (Olaf, Sadness, Time) were all sent separately.

Olaf arrived in a bubble mailer covered in "Inspected by Best Buy" tape, Sadness came in a bubble mailer crushed, and Time came in a box that was slightly too small for it but it was in good condition.

Called BBY and got a really nice rep who was a figure/comic collector and also played games so he understood why I was upset. Mind you I do open these BUT I open them with a blade and keep the packaging intact to the best of my ability, so I was ticked about Sadness and esp Olaf. He offered me a $30 gift card which I was surprised to be offered but very pleased.

Waiting on my Gamestop and Toys R Us order as well as some stuff from Best Buy that I bought for someone else (being shipped directly to them) as well as Nemo and Dory set from a friend in another state.

My few figures that I ordered for myself (Olaf, Sadness, Time) were all sent separately.

Olaf arrived in a bubble mailer covered in "Inspected by Best Buy" tape, Sadness came in a bubble mailer crushed, and Time came in a box that was slightly too small for it but it was in good condition.

Called BBY and got a really nice rep who was a figure/comic collector and also played games so he understood why I was upset. Mind you I do open these BUT I open them with a blade and keep the packaging intact to the best of my ability, so I was ticked about Sadness and esp Olaf. He offered me a $30 gift card which I was surprised to be offered but very pleased.

Waiting on my Gamestop and Toys R Us order as well as some stuff from Best Buy that I bought for someone else (being shipped directly to them) as well as Nemo and Dory set from a friend in another state.
I think all of us have received Sadness in a bubble mailer at one point in our lives

Went out today to TRU, Best Buy and Target. No luck on the last two Crystals or the Finding Dory stuff : (
I got lucky and found one Dory set on Saturday at my Target. I almost didn't buy it but talked myself into getting it. For $14.99 I'm not going to complain considering it is getitng harder and harder to find it.

Sucks about the Crystals, sorry to hear that. Which ones were you looking for? I think my TRU might have Buzz, Sully, and Perry. I know they have Perry as I bought him Sunday.

Walmart has several figures marked down on their website now too. Got:

Sabine Wren $4.96
Vision $4.96
Yondu $3.74

This completes 2.0 and the avengers for us.

I got my order today from TRU, got 6 figures and they sent me this massive big box [emoji1] 2 of the figure boxes came all crushed.

Guess I'll order Hawkeye and Drax.  Too bad a number of figures have been delisted from the site though Judy is actually available for shipping (Nick was delisted). Still salty that Groot went up in price.

Now I just need Falcon, who is unfortunately gone from BBY, and Groot for 2.0. Will have to see if I go past a different TRU that still has them later this week.

They are exactly the same. The Black Suit Spidey just removes the need for the Symbiote Costume Disc
That's what I thought, I just wasn't sure if they gave them any different moves in Battlegrounds since they have both on the character select. Trying to decide if I should get the playset.

Now I just need Falcon, who is unfortunately gone from BBY, and Groot for 2.0. Will have to see if I go past a different TRU that still has them later this week.

That's what I thought, I just wasn't sure if they gave them any different moves in Battlegrounds since they have both on the character select. Trying to decide if I should get the playset.
Falcon is $3.74 at Walmart.com. Link

Just when I was thinking about not buying anymore figures BB decided to drop the prices even more lol

I probably buy Drax, Ultron, Han Solo and Hawkeye

I went ahead and ordered Drax, Hawkeye, and FX Kylo Ren from Bestbuy. I'm a bit upset that all the ones I bought earlier this week are cheaper. I also bought Falcon and Yondu from Walmart for $3.74 each.

What's going on with the Best Buy sales?
Earlier today they were on the sets

Now the sets are back to normal/near normal price and the figures are extremely cheap.

Seems to be alternating almost daily.

GameStop once sent me that a 2' x 1' box with 1 pack of 4AAA Lithium batteries.

I'd be happy if i got a package like that from them.. when I ordered about 20 figures a while back on the 2.0 sale more than half shipped in bubble mailers and came smashed up and then i had a couple that they stuffed in an undersized box. luckily none of the figures were damaged but if I was buying to collect I would have been furious

My figures weren't damaged, but the plastic definitely came apart from the backer. One box looked like someone kicked the shit out of it too. 

66ae2125c3457004c3ae9cc0c9b5a832.gif

I pick up all the star wars rebels, Darth Maul, Poe, Han and Obi-Wan. Waiting for Yoda and Chewbacca to get cheaper.

Got Fett, Ant Man and Symbiote Spidey at Wal-Mart.com for 4.96 each. I think Ant Man and Spidey are getting harder to find so that was a good strike and Fett seems to be one of the few Infinity figures that doesn't seem to get discounted that much, even now when they're trying to get rid of them so I think it was a good haul.

Also, do they consider Site to Store and Pickup the same thing now? Noticed I didn't see any Site to Store ads anywhere in the shipping options. I thought Pickup was just local stores who would put them away for you if they had the stuff in their inventory. I was looking over the dates though and one store said two were available in-store now with the third figure being available by next week so I'm guessing they're the same thing now and whatever can't be fulfilled by the store just gets sent to the store as soon as it's available?

Trying to keep up with these drops all over the place is a pain but it's worth it to get the refunds :)

I was surprised I received the refund so quickly yesterday on the Inside Out and Rise of the Empire sets since it usually takes a few days.

Got Fett, Ant Man and Symbiote Spidey at Wal-Mart.com for 4.96 each. I think Ant Man and Spidey are getting harder to find so that was a good strike and Fett seems to be one of the few Infinity figures that doesn't seem to get discounted that much, even now when they're trying to get rid of them so I think it was a good haul.

Also, do they consider Site to Store and Pickup the same thing now? Noticed I didn't see any Site to Store ads anywhere in the shipping options. I thought Pickup was just local stores who would put them away for you if they had the stuff in their inventory. I was looking over the dates though and one store said two were available in-store now with the third figure being available by next week so I'm guessing they're the same thing now and whatever can't be fulfilled by the store just gets sent to the store as soon as it's available?
Not at Walmart. Ship to Store comes in on their regular trucks from the warehouse. They don't mess with trying to pull from inventory. When you pick it up, it will be in a box just as if it was shipped to you at home.

Welp, I just realized I bought the 2.0 XB1 toy box at some point in addition to having the PS4 Marvel pack and Stitch and Merida on their own? How did I manage that one?

And I don't know why I didn't think to scan in some of the cheap figures from Target that I don't want and no one was buying before trading them to GS this weekend.  Would have had most of the 3.0 characters scanned in at least for the keyblade. :wall:

Think it's safe to assume for sure now that retailers want this stuff gone before the holidays. I already have every character I wanted but with these dirt cheap prices I'm probably going to keep getting more.

I been saying that im done with my collection and then the next day there's another sale and i keep buying more and more figures, I received 6 yesterday and I'm waiting for other 6 tomorrow lol

Welp, I just realized I bought the 2.0 XB1 toy box at some point in addition to having the PS4 Marvel pack and Stitch and Merida on their own? How did I manage that one?
I was wondering if I got the 2.0 Marvel set is there a point to the 2.0 starter set other than getting the figures?

I was wondering if I got the 2.0 Marvel set is there a point to the 2.0 starter set other than getting the figures?
There's the figures and some power discs believe. They sell the discs in a two pack, it's on BBY's site I think, but they rarely have gone on sale which might be why I grabbed the kit when it was cheaper than the discs had ever been.

Wonder how cheap the playsets will go? I haven't followed this stuff too much in recent months and the lowest I saw was the Cap one at like 15 bucks not too long ago. Playsets aren't my target at the moment but they will be eventually and I'm curious with the figures going for as low as a couple of bucks if the playsets will plummet as time goes on too. Thinking like 10 bucks would be sweet.

There's the figures and some power discs believe. They sell the discs in a two pack, it's on BBY's site I think, but they rarely have gone on sale which might be why I grabbed the kit when it was cheaper than the discs had ever been.
Thanks that's good to know. Crap now I have to decide if I want to spend even more money to finish the SW set, but @ 4.96 a figure I just can't seem to pull the trigger

YMMV - I found "The Force Awakens" Playset for $11.98 at Walmart.

It was marked as a Rollback and not a clearance, so might be everywhere.

I also grabbed the Xbox One Special Edition for $20 (Includes additional chars, but not the front giant)

Went to two Walmarts yesterday and they were pretty much cleaned out. No Star Wars or Marvel figures. Just a few Disney characters and lots of starters packs.

Received my Gamestop.com order yesterday of 10 figures. Ordered Light FX Obi-Wan and they sent me a damaged/stapled on back regular Obi-Wan. Figures.

Boy it is tedious downloading a ton of toy box levels at once. One at a time, multiple pop ups, waiting for it to download then repeat.
Haha, i went to do that today and had to stop after 2 because the kids were ravenous beasts hellbent on playing that very second. Guess I'm going to have to not play Destiny one night and get to downloading.

Just out of curiosity how much did people drop when the prices were not this low? So far I think I have sunk around $130 for:

• SW starter set
  • 2.0 Toy Box
  • 2.0 Marvel set
  • Hulkbuster
  • Empire Strikes back set
  • Hulk, Hawk Eye, Falcon, Loki, Captain America, Nick Fury, Venom
  • Ultron
  • Yundu, Ronan
  • Black Panther, Spiderman, Ant Man, Vision
  • All SW Rebels + Poe
  • Chewie, Han, Darth Vader, Boba, Yoda, Obi Wan, Darth Maul, Kylo
  • Battlegrounds
  • Donald, Nick Wilde

fuck I seriously thought I would never spend any money in any of it and now I think I have 40 figures :wall: and spent more than I thought...but now have some awesome looking toys (imo :whistle2: ). FML if Amiibos ever go this cheap

bread's done
Back