Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that the console servers are staying up for another 8 months isn't bad at all. I hope they put a notice on the game itself so people who get it for their kids for the holiday or what-have-you aren't caught off guard.

I decided that since the series has ended, I'd build/rebuild my collection.

I got all of the Star Wars, Most of the Marvel and next to no Disney (Big Hero 6, Zootopia, and Stitch not withstanding)

Well, I ordered them from ToysRUs and Best Buy.. who decided to send them all in separate shipments or a few characters or less...
I have literally 15+ tracking #s all coming withing the next week.

community content ends september 30
Re-read it....

• The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However, when playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, players can continue to download their favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017

Best Buy's Open Box/Clearance sale includes a DI 3.0 Star Wars Power Disc Wallet for $2.99. Only holds 12 power discs, though.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/power-a-disney-infinity-3-0-edition-power-disc-wallet-red-black-gray/4401901.p?id=1219743044448&skuId=4401901
Has been as low as 99 cents in the past. I wish I could choose to get the 2 different ones instead of buying 2 and getting possibly two of the same. I just want them to collect but my local stores are sold out...

Looks like online end in March. I'm guessing that means you can't invite people into your own local ToyBox at that point.
yeah, just pointing out to people not to expect to be able to download all the community stuff for 8 more months just because the servers will be up that long.

So, just to make sure, the single player campaigns will always be available to me on both console and Steam? And does Toy Box mode require online to access other than downloading new toy boxes? I just bought Toy Box Takeover and Speedway and now debating on returning it if I won't be able to access them. Thank you!

Re-read it....

• The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However, when playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, players can continue to download their favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017
it also states

• The console versions of Disney Infinity will continue to operate as usual with full access to figures and play sets only with the exception of community content features and online multiplayer
  • Until September 30, 2016, Community Content will still be available and you will be able to upload and download any of your favorite Toy Box creations

it also states

• The console versions of Disney Infinity will continue to operate as usual with full access to figures and play sets only with the exception of community content features and online multiplayer
  • Until September 30, 2016, Community Content will still be available and you will be able to upload and download any of your favorite Toy Box creations
Those are for non-console products like iOS and Android

EDIT to Clarify:

---The console statement in bullet point one of your post is to clearly state that all console versions will still work, but iOS, Android, Steam, etc etc all require online authentication to function and as such will no longer work.

--The September 30th date is again for all NON-console platforms. Since the *Android* and iOS etc etc versions are all free (I guess the Apple TV one wasn't) they have no financial obligation to keep those running, but the console versions were their bread and butter so they are leaving those up as long as possible.

Guys i have a bunch of 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 characters codes like 30 I think and a toy box takeover code! If you're interested message me

Guys i have a bunch of 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 characters codes like 30 I think and a toy box takeover code! If you're interested message me
I doubt anyone will want them now due to them not working soon sadly.

No, Steam requires online DRM so once the servers are gone it stops functioning.
It clearly states that the Steam version will still work, just like the console versions will after Sept 30th.

I got four and got all the Han/Leia design.
I assume you returned the other 3 or? Wanna send me one?? :D

EDIT

Ok I think I finally made sense of the wording they use.

As of September 30, 2016

• You will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity, these will no longer be available on the respective app stores
PC (non-Windows 8/10 and Steam versions), iOS, Android, and Amazon games will be taken down off the store and no longer work.

• The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued
Unlike the OTHER PC versions of the game this one will still work like the console counterpart does, except on September 30th no online functionality will work, but you can still play single-player.

• Apple TV versions of Disney Infinity will be removed from the AppStore
I assume this means that it will be taken off the AppStore BUT it will still work since it is specifically mentioned below.

• The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However if you are playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, you can continue to download your favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017
I never did online toy box submissions but I assume this to mean that as of September 30th you can no longer upload and share toy boxes, whatever is up on their servers will be all there ever is as of September 30th. So you have until then to share you creations. If you are using the Windows 8/10, Steam, Apple TV, or console you can DOWNLOAD and play online multiplayer until March 3rd 2017.

As of March 3, 2017

• Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
Apple TV and Windows 8/10 (non-Steam) will no longer be usable

• All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued
No online multiplayer OR downloading of toy boxes will work. The games will strictly be offline besides downloading updates which are stored on Sony/Nintendo/MS servers.

Stupid question but just found out there's a DI 2.0 version for te Vita, my Gamestop has the preowned game for $6.99 But my question is Does the 3ds Base work with the Vita version? They look the same and I already used google and couldn't find anything

Stupid question but just found out there's a DI 2.0 version for te Vita, my Gamestop has the preowned game for $6.99 But my question is Does the 3ds Base work with the Vita version? They look the same and I already used google and couldn't find anything
No, the vita version uses bluetooth. Not sure what the 3DS version uses to communicate, maybe IR?

I don't think so, the Vita one was Bluetooth if I remember correctly.

I just got an email from Disney

Attention, Toy Box Builders:

Since announcing that we will discontinue the production of Disney Infinity, we've been exploring timelines for the closure of the game's online versions and community features. Our goal has been to offer extended access to these services, while also providing clear communication about what you can expect. It's important to note that:

•The console versions of Disney Infinity will continue to operate as usual with full access to figures and play sets only with the exception of community content features and online multiplayer

•Until September 30, 2016, Community Content will still be available and you will be able to upload and download any of your favorite Toy Box creations

As of September 30, 2016

• The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However if you are playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, you can continue to download your favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017

As of March 3, 2017

•Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued

As of March 3, 2017

• Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
Apple TV and Windows 8/10 (non-Steam) will no longer be usable

• All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued
No online multiplayer OR downloading of toy boxes will work. The games will strictly be offline besides downloading updates which are stored on Sony/Nintendo/MS servers.
I believe March 3, 2017 is also the end of Steam version. Windows 8/10 is the only version for Windows (Steam or Window Store) and there is no reason Steam server will keep it running if Disney is not going to pay for the service (March 3 might be the end of some service contract?)

The fact Infinity's online support is ending is just another problem with modern gaming.

I wish we could have some Adhoc.

Seriously, this is a problem... I own the digital version of the game.. how long will it be available to download?
There should be a law about the services having to last so long or.. etc.

The vita base uses Bluetooth, not compatible with any platform.

I've been checking on the vita version even before the black suit spiderman re-released. It was sold for ridiculous price on ebay until black suit spiderman available separately. The game with base can be bought for $15 on ebay sometimes, but I still can't justify the price.

Other than collection/completeness purpose, it's hardly a good buy. Vita is portable, but the base and figures are not, so you won't bring them with you anywhere (it makes more sense Disney to make it digital). It can only play 2.0 play set, no 1.0/3.0 game available.

The fact Infinity's online support is ending is just another problem with modern gaming.

I wish we could have some Adhoc.

Seriously, this is a problem... I own the digital version of the game.. how long will it be available to download?
There should be a law about the services having to last so long or.. etc.
The digital version of the game should be available to download for as long as games are available to download on the platform. Even games which are no longer available to the general public due to licensing or other issues, like Turtles in Time Reshelled and Smash TV, are still available for download by the original purchasers.

I guess this teaches us a lesson for buying a game that was so heavily online dependent. If they were to pull the plug on Skylanders online features, I'd barely notice. At least the playsets and Toybox games will still work.

The digital version of the game should be available to download for as long as games are available to download on the platform. Even games which are no longer available to the general public due to licensing or other issues, like Turtles in Time Reshelled and Smash TV, are still available for download by the original purchasers.

I guess this teaches us a lesson for buying a game that was so heavily online dependent. If they were to pull the plug on Skylanders online features, I'd barely notice. At least the playsets and Toybox games will still work.
Exactly!
I love both series, but I don't want to lose action to key features.

Which makes games like Battlefront, Battleborn, and R6: Siege even more harrowing to think about.

I believe March 3, 2017 is also the end of Steam version. Windows 8/10 is the only version for Windows (Steam or Window Store) and there is no reason Steam server will keep it running if Disney is not going to pay for the service (March 3 might be the end of some service contract?)
According to what the email states the Steam version should work indefinitely just like on consoles. The only mention of the steam version is as follows:

July 29th:

• No in-game purchases can be made within the PC, Steam version of Disney Infinity 2.0, iOS, Google Android, Amazon Android and Apple TV versions of the game as this feature has now been removed
  • You can continue to make in-game purchases within the Steam version of Disney Infinity 3.0.
As of September 30, 2016

• The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued

It seems people are confused about what this actual means overall.... Steam doesn't need to run the servers for the games to work. Some versions of the game require the Infinity servers to function on any levels. It is clear me that the Steam version is similar to the console version in that in only needs the servers for online multiplayer and sharing toy box levels, as well as the text editor.

So Steam never has and never will need to run the servers, the only thing they host is the same thing PSN/XBL/Nintendo host and that's the updates and the actual game downloads if you purchased it digitally.

Guys does the toy box games with dialogue/text going to work after the shutdown? Let say that I download the toy box, its going to work the same right?

I'm confused about the Finding Dory set. Where and how is it on sale for $14.99? Didn't see it in the ad, cartwheel, the website, or the store.

Edit: Nevermind, scanner says $14.99

Don't they host all your characters and playsets through your Disney account? They would need to keep that information connected and running to let you still have access to your characters.

Don't they host all your characters and playsets through your Disney account? They would need to keep that information connected and running to let you still have access to your characters.
Only for games that use your Disney account to track purchases. Steam doesn't use that, they have their own purchase history like psn does.

Guys does the toy box games with dialogue/text going to work after the shutdown? Let say that I download the toy box, its going to work the same right?
I would think that'd work, since the text had already gone through the filter/censoring once it got uploaded. I could be deciphering this wrong though.

Btw thanks for the clarification on the Dory set, litepink. Was awesome of you!

So on another note...for someone that just dropped over $150 on the game with all these clearances and having never played before, should I be considering returning some of them?  :whistle2:

Basically I have the 3.0 and 2.0 starters and a few play sets now. I assume the game is still enjoyable once everything gets shut down, just need to grab toy boxes before March 17th, right?

Btw thanks for the clarification on the Dory set, litepink. Was awesome of you!

So on another note...for someone that just dropped over $150 on the game with all these clearances and having never played before, should I be considering returning some of them? :whistle2:

Basically I have the 3.0 and 2.0 starters and a few play sets now. I assume the game is still enjoyable once everything gets shut down, just need to grab toy boxes before March 17th, right?

The multiplayer will also shut down, but then again it takes an act of congress to get matched up in the first place and that's why I have never been able to play it and it looks like I might never will.

So to clarify, the Apple TV version is the only one that's totally screwed here?  When they announced that version, I thought it might turn out to be one of the more popular versions (obviously I was wrong).  I feel sorry for people that bought that version since it sounds like they will have absolutely no way to play their game.  Pretty crazy.

According to what the email states the Steam version should work indefinitely just like on consoles. The only mention of the steam version is as follows:

So Steam never has and never will need to run the servers, the only thing they host is the same thing PSN/XBL/Nintendo host and that's the updates and the actual game downloads if you purchased it digitally.
I have both Steam and Windows App Store version installed.

The Steam version connects to the Steam account which maintains the achievement there.

The Windows App Store version connects to Xbox Live account where it maintains another set of achievement.

However, both require to link your Disney Account to run it. The Disney account is storing all the redeemed digital Infinity characters.

The Steam and Windows App Store maintain their own save data (character and game progress). Windows App Store version seems able to share some progress from my first computer to 2nd, the characters levels are maintained, probably because of the Windows App data sync. The Steam version starts from Level 0 for all characters, but every redeemed characters and playsets are unlocked (unlocked in PS3/PS4), so it gets the redeemed characters and play sets from Disney Infinity account.

I don't see how Steam version is going to run indefinitely if Disney's Infinity server is ceasing its operation, it might run but you will not have any character or play set to play.

And I'm not sure why any difference between Windows App Store version and Steam version.

I have both Steam and Windows App Store version installed.

The Steam version connects to the Steam account which maintains the achievement there.

The Windows App Store version connects to Xbox Live account where it maintains another set of achievement.

However, both require to link your Disney Account to run it. The Disney account is storing all the redeemed digital Infinity characters.

The Steam and Windows App Store maintain their own save data (character and game progress). Windows App Store version seems able to share some progress from my first computer to 2nd, the characters levels are maintained, probably because of the Windows App data sync. The Steam version starts from Level 0 for all characters, but every redeemed characters and playsets are unlocked (unlocked in PS3/PS4), so it gets the redeemed characters and play sets from Disney Infinity account.

I don't see how Steam version is going to run indefinitely if Disney's Infinity server is ceasing its operation, it might run but you will not have any character or play set to play.

And I'm not sure why any difference between Windows App Store version and Steam version.
I don't know how the back end works so not going to speculate. All I know is what the email from DI states, which is the Steam version will still function without online components just like the console versions.

Also, just because the DI site tracks your figures/purchases doesn't mean Steam doesn't do the same thing. I haven't used a single code from my figures and the website knows what characters I physically have used and from what I have been told I can use those figures on the PC version (maybe even Steam?) of the game. Steam might be the same way, no clue, but I will refer to the official statement over theories with this topic.

EDIT: A Gamespot article backs up my theory as well...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-shutdown-of-disney-infinity-is-a-confusing-nig/1100-6442242/

Update: We have received some clarification about the end dates of support for the PC versions of the game, although it's still complicated:

• The PC version of the game bought directly through the Disney Infinity website will not be playable or available after September 30.
  • After March 3, 2017, the Windows Store version will not be playable.
  • The Steam version of the game will function normally (but without online support) indefinitely.

bread's done
Back