Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how the back end works so not going to speculate. All I know is what the email from DI states, which is the Steam version will still function without online components just like the console versions.

Also, just because the DI site tracks your figures/purchases doesn't mean Steam doesn't do the same thing. I haven't used a single code from my figures and the website knows what characters I physically have used and from what I have been told I can use those figures on the PC version (maybe even Steam?) of the game. Steam might be the same way, no clue, but I will refer to the official statement over theories with this topic.

EDIT: A Gamespot article backs up my theory as well...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-shutdown-of-disney-infinity-is-a-confusing-nig/1100-6442242/
A lot of speculation here, I wonder if anyone at Disney has actually tried out the situation if their own service is not available.

Even PC client might store unlocked characters locally, both Steam and Windows Store version definitely (I guess the client, not server side) connects to Disney service every time to get an update of which characters have been unlocked recently (by placing a figure on console since 3/2016 or by web code) and update locally. So, let's hope Steam version will still work when it can't connect to Disney's service.

That's what I was trying to find out from their site. Maybe only the characters and playsets bought through steam directly will be available, but not ones unlocked through codes on the disney infinity website linked to your steam account, since it needs to connect to the servers.

just picked up the force awakens playset through amazon primenow for 11.88 in los angeles. odd pricing...guess they are trying to maybe match walmart?

had an expiring $10 off primenow coupon so that was nice :)

If you have the 1.0 or 2.0 portal for 360 it will work for 3.0 as well right?  

What is the cheapest anyone has seen the 360 version of 3.0?  doesn't matter if it is starter pack or just used game to me. 

If you have the 1.0 or 2.0 portal for 360 it will work for 3.0 as well right?

What is the cheapest anyone has seen the 360 version of 3.0? doesn't matter if it is starter pack or just used game to me.
I think 20 bucks at Walmart. If you can find the game used for less than 20, go that route.

When I said I was done ... I meant until I visit a Toys R Us and find a bunch of cheap 1.0 characters. I hadn't planned on buying anymore or getting any 1.0 stuff, but now I'm debating if I should get a 1.0 starter too.

In terms of playsets 1.0 has a lot more than 2.0 but it is disk only on last gen

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Incorrect! 1.0 is available as a free download on the Wii U! That's where i still play it with the kid. So really, all you need to invest in at the play sets and figures. Which you should because most of it is awesome.

Now excuse me, as i continue to weep.

Has been as low as 99 cents in the past. I wish I could choose to get the 2 different ones instead of buying 2 and getting possibly two of the same. I just want them to collect but my local stores are sold out...
I price matched at toys r us and got both pictures for 2.99 each.

Now I'm thinking of just keeping spares in them. The 2.0 albums came in different covers (guardians of the galaxy and a spider-man for the marvel ones), I might get the one I don't have and put new pictures in the disc holder parts for my 3.0 discs.

I price matched at toys r us and got both pictures for 2.99 each.

Now I'm thinking of just keeping spares in them. The 2.0 albums came in different covers (guardians or the galaxy and a spiderman for the marvel ones), I nights get the one I don't have and put new pictures in the disc holder parts.

My Walmart has everything discounted but the Aladdin and Wreck-it ralph two packs which are still going for $30.
Huh. Pretty much every Walmart by me has the Aladdin packs marked to $15, which is still kinda too much, unless you really want the two power disks, since Al and Jasmine are pretty easy to find for $5.

Huh. Pretty much every Walmart by me has the Aladdin packs marked to $15, which is still kinda too much, unless you really want the two power disks, since Al and Jasmine are pretty easy to find for $5.
I found that Jasmine is one of the hardest to find for me personally. I only found her at one store since everyone started clearing everything out.

I got my lucky and my WM actually had a deal for once. They had the Aladdin set for $9 so I got it ASAP. They only had two and they were hidden in the clearance section. Almost didn't see them. They also have the 1.0 discbooks for $1.

I need help with this trophy in Disney Infinity 1.0 for PS3

Team Work
Complete a story mission in a multiplayer game.

Characters that do not belong in the world may not participate in story missions. That means you cannot bring a Monsters University character into The Incredibles or Pirates of the Caribbean Play Sets.

Anyone care to join me and help me get it??

For those that have the take over and speedway, do you need to keep the figures in order to play the game or once you put them on the base you unlock them. I ask cause a friend has them and I was wondering if I should just ask him to lend them to me just for the unlock

For those that have the take over and speedway, do you need to keep the figures in order to play the game or once you put them on the base you unlock them. I ask cause a friend has them and I was wondering if I should just ask him to lend them to me just for the unlock
To use the figures for ANY game within any version of Infinity you need to keep the figures.

To use the figures for ANY game within any version of Infinity you need to keep the figures.
Good to know, I only had the PC version before. Both toybox expansions actually look like fun so now I have to hunt them down for a good price. I have the whole SW set and apparently all figures for Battle grounds and others. Now I'm trying to get Disgust and she is proving very difficult to find

My friend's son went ape fuck when they came over and saw all of them.

Good to know, I only had the PC version before. Both toybox expansions actually look like fun so now I have to hunt them down for a good price. I have the whole SW set and apparently all figures for Battle grounds and others. Now I'm trying to get Disgust and she is proving very difficult to find

My friend's son went ape fuck when they came over and saw all of them.
Same thing happened with a family friends 5 year kid. He came over saw all the figures and was like O_O and loves playing it when he comes over and never wants to leave. He got his game last night that I picked up for them at Target for $16 and played it with his dad until like 1AM. His birthday is next month and he will be getting close to 20 figures from myself and his parents. All the Star Wars figures, Sam and Quorra, and Hulkbuster.

It's a shame the game is over but not everything can last forever and the game still exists just not as full featured in 9 months time as it is today.

Went ahead and ordered a :ps3: Disney Infinity 1.0 Starter pack for $9.99, along with a few $3.74 1.0 characters to get free shipping.

I also bought a 1.0 Disc album for $1.97 on clearance at GameStop, along with a Disc cylinder for $4.97.

I picked up a used crystal mickey for $10 at the Gamestop in Winter Park.
So you are the one who bought my back-up Crystal Mickey. I bought it online from GameStop since it was cheaper, thinking I could exchange it at Winter Park if it came in damaged (or wrong like everything else I have ordered lately).

Please no one buy my back-up Crystal Lightning McQueen from Winter Park until at least Wednesday. ;)

Thinking of buying a used one online for $10...but I really don't want to spend the money on shipping...hmmm maybe just get a $20 PSN card I'll need one eventually. That doesn't sound like a bad idea.

oh...website has 30% off used figures....that isn't bad at all. $6.30. I can do that!

EDIT: Well this is pissing me off. They may have banned me from buying stuff online because they screwed up an order of mine a while ago and they wouldn't refund me so I had to contact Paypal to issue the refund. Now when I place an order it takes the funds from paypal as Pending but my order doesn't go through. So now I have two pending $24 charges on my Paypal account when the orders don't even exist!

Screw GS!

Thinking of buying a used one online for $10...but I really don't want to spend the money on shipping...hmmm maybe just get a $20 PSN card I'll need one eventually. That doesn't sound like a bad idea.
You get a 30% discount for buying DI figures online. You just might end up getting it damaged or in my case the wrong item. Ordered Crystal Lone Ranger and received the Lone Ranger Playset piece (twice).

Ugghhhh.......all 3.0 figures have gone up in price at bestbuy. No Bueno for my collection but muy Bueno for my wallet. I keep telling myself I'm done. I was really wishful thinking $6 force awakens playset and $1.59 for all characters.

You get a 30% discount for buying DI figures online. You just might end up getting it damaged or in my case the wrong item. Ordered Crystal Lone Ranger and received the Lone Ranger Playset piece (twice).
Well I guess that is a good thing because I am not getting an order being placed properly...So now I have to call Paypal in the morning. Stupid BS

Hmmm looking at my account on Paypal it doesn't seem to have actually taken the money thankfully. I wonder if anyone here is willing to help me place an order since GS doesn't want to let me?

oh...website has 30% off used figures....that isn't bad at all. $6.30. I can do that!

EDIT: Well this is pissing me off. They may have banned me from buying stuff online because they screwed up an order of mine a while ago and they wouldn't refund me so I had to contact Paypal to issue the refund. Now when I place an order it takes the funds from paypal as Pending but my order doesn't go through. So now I have two pending $24 charges on my Paypal account when the orders don't even exist!

Screw GS!
They do that.

I had a digital PSN card paid by credit delayed for like eight hours so they could "review" the order.

They do that.

I had a digital PSN card paid by credit delayed for like eight hours so they could "review" the order.
I went to place the order and it kicks me back to the cart when some vague error like "CheckOutErrorUnknown" or something, can't recall exactly what it is.

An order of mine was damaged, I called the guy, he said they would refund me within 24 hours. I get a measly $5 and change refund and I call GS and they say "we issued the refund talk to your financial institution (or whatever they said)" So I got Paypal to give me the refund and now this shit...

So you are the one who bought my back-up Crystal Mickey. I bought it online from GameStop since it was cheaper, thinking I could exchange it at Winter Park if it came in damaged (or wrong like everything else I have ordered lately).

Please no one buy my back-up Crystal Lightning McQueen from Winter Park until at least Wednesday. ;)
Hahahaha, myyyyy baaaaaad. 😁

I went to place the order and it kicks me back to the cart when some vague error like "CheckOutErrorUnknown" or something, can't recall exactly what it is.

An order of mine was damaged, I called the guy, he said they would refund me within 24 hours. I get a measly $5 and change refund and I call GS and they say "we issued the refund talk to your financial institution (or whatever they said)" So I got Paypal to give me the refund and now this shit...
I mean the pending thing.

Did you get a email from them saying they were reviewing your current order?

It'll likely go through, it might be the PSN card that triggers it.

EDIT: Or GS credit used on PSN cards.

I mean the pending thing.

Did you get a email from them saying they were reviewing your current order?

It'll likely go through, it might be the PSN card that triggers it.

EDIT: Or GS credit used on PSN cards.
I got an email from Paypal about the payment, but no email from Gamestop...I can try to order a $13 physical item instead I suppose since and just return it as a test. I am not using a gift card to order it just paypal

EDIT: Huh that did it, very odd. Not sure if it was the digital PSN card that was causing the issue or what. But I ordered a $14 item that I will just return when it arrives.

The show is over at Best Buy. Everything is back to full price.
Just wait. No one will be touching this stuff at full price, especially after the announcements a few days ago.

And remember, everybody: Part of the reason Disney wasn't making enough money on this was due to overproduction. None of this stuff is rare, and it will be pennies on the dollar at every garage sale in America (like Skylanders) as soon as parents' little kids get tired of it.

So don't feel like you'll never see it cheaply again if you don't get it at retail.

(The only exception to this that I can think of would be the Nemo/Dory figures and playset).

Yeah, they Best Buy and Target have successfully dwindled stock down to a more manageable level.  Stores and warehouses can consolidate the space now.  In a month or so before Fall stuff starts coming they will want to shrink it again - and probably eliminate the Infinity section altogether (leftovers going to clearance end caps).  The only reason to buy right now is if you find one of the more difficult to find ones or that one you are missing.  Toys R Us is still well stocked.  But next time it drops really low people might want to jump on it.

Just watch.. we're going into the Aug-Sept pre-Christmas clearance time.  Anything not gone will be clearanced to make room for the "popular" Christmas toys.

Just watch.. we're going into the Aug-Sept pre-Christmas clearance time. Anything not gone will be clearanced to make room for the "popular" Christmas toys.
Yup, I think paying $5 tops for a figure you want right now is the most I would do. Looking at the prices on ebay...its kinda nuts what people are selling the figures for. I was going to pass on Panther, Black Spidy and Vision, but now I'm glad I didn't

My Walmart is almost cleared out. From talking to the employees, moms/dads can digest $5 per figure, but the ones that haven't been marked down are all still in inventory.

I'm really glad I held off on DI for a long time. Had 1.0 and 2.0 sitting around for a long time after getting them for around $10-15 each, 3.0 I got half off so overplayed for it a bit I guess. Other than the Jack Skellington in the case I hadn't bought a single figure until November of last year and now have about 70% of 3.0, almost all the Marvel characters, and a smattering of 1.0 and 2.0. Worked out since I didn't pay more than $5 for any but Jack, though I wouldn't want to add up how much I actually spent still...

Found a Crystal Mickey New today at GS. It was showing up in store price for $12.99 but had a sticker for $6.99. When he scanned it it rang up $4.99, so pretty happy about that.

bread's done
Back