Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have snapshots of the disney infinity figure prices from earlier in the week? Specifically, Obi-wan, poe, darth maul, Hand Solo, and the PS4 Starter pack?

I finally got a representative via e-mail to agree to price match, but now they want proof of the prices. How is their online form for price matching sufficient if they're just going to ask for proof? What asshats.... Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

i checked out walmart for the force awakens playset. they still had a ton of everything. i picked up the playset and black panther but ill wait for them to get desperate to clear out the rest. they still had over 100 figures and multiples of every playset. hopefully they clearance them out, but i dont know, they still have the 2.0 collector's addition for $150.

Got my Black Panther and Falcon today. I wouldn't hesitate on getting Black Panther. Once the movie comes outs then everyone will probably want him. Not only that but he seems to be getting harder to find. My WM had 4 well 3 now. Another WM only had 2 and then another one I sent to only had 3.

kinda sucked to see prices back up on figures at a few stores today...
Well, for the most part it WAS stores basically chasing each others promos and trying to best the other guy while shedding some of their overstock. As soon as one of them blinked and pulled the prices back, all of them would.

i saw one in the triple pack today at walmart, but i already had the other 2. were all the figures at your store marked $3.74?
Marked anywhere from $4.96 to ~$13. I used the app to scan to see an accurate/current price in store.

Funny thing is, it rang up at the register for $4.96, even though the app was showing the stores price was lower. Easy correction at the register.

Finally opened the 2.0 starter kit. I wasn't expecting the base to shine at X or Y interval. Pretty cool, but I would love to turn the lights off after a while.

Regardless, after playing the intro and a bit of fooling around it finally hit me what Disney had going. It really does seem like a great game and idea, just killed by horrible decisions (characters that should not have been made, power discs). I never got into Skylanders because I just feel no connection whatsoever with the characters (except Spyro), but even my parents loved seeing Donald as a figure and then fooling around on the screen.

With that said, I need to start looking into downloading other users sets, so most likely look through reddit to find some cool (must have) ones. That and also a XP generator, cause there is no way I can level all the figures.

Finally opened the 2.0 starter kit. I wasn't expecting the base to shine at X or Y interval. Pretty cool, but I would love to turn the lights off after a while.

Regardless, after playing the intro and a bit of fooling around it finally hit me what Disney had going. It really does seem like a great game and idea, just killed by horrible decisions (characters that should not have been made, power discs). I never got into Skylanders because I just feel no connection whatsoever with the characters (except Spyro), but even my parents loved seeing Donald as a figure and then fooling around on the screen.

With that said, I need to start looking into downloading other users sets, so most likely look through reddit to find some cool (must have) ones. That and also a XP generator, cause there is no way I can level all the figures.
I don't think not making certain characters would be the solution, they just needed to make those figures (Yondu, Spike, etc.) in much smaller quantities. They needed to understand that these appeal more to collectors, not kids.

Power discs seemed like a good idea, the whole blind buy and trade with your friends never really worked out all that well. By 3.0, they just sold them as packs making more stuff to sit on the shelves. They should have just been unlockable content from the start instead.

And I love the figures and the fact they are recognizable characters. I have my Amiibos and Infinity characters out on display, but Skylanders are in the closet because no one knows who they are. I've even bought a few Infinity duplicates when they were priced really low for the shelves in my office.

Spark generators are awesome. My only caution.... the ones I created for myself tended to work BETTER than the ones online. I don't know if it's cause they 'censor' them or whatever but I have a 3 story one that whomps and stomps better than the one I DL'd... and it took like 20-30 minutes to build.

Just wait. No one will be touching this stuff at full price, especially after the announcements a few days ago.

And remember, everybody: Part of the reason Disney wasn't making enough money on this was due to overproduction. None of this stuff is rare, and it will be pennies on the dollar at every garage sale in America (like Skylanders) as soon as parents' little kids get tired of it.

So don't feel like you'll never see it cheaply again if you don't get it at retail.
(The only exception to this that I can think of would be the Nemo/Dory figures and playset).

I don't think this could be any further from the truth. If you think about it, before these toys to life games came out, I doubt many parents would even know what/who Spyro was. On the other hand everybody knows who Disney is, so you can't compare the two. They are on completely different levels. Their items usually hold value, and while these may have been overproduced.... that same mentality you express is what's going to make them rare. Everybody is going to think that they will never be worth anything.

So as they get tossed out, or damaged from being verbally devalued...over time they are going to become scarce. Especially complete sets of good quality. Complete power disc sets already sell for a pretty penny. I have all figures and discs from 1.0-3.0 (even rare items), exception being the two d23 items. I could probably sell these for a lot more than I've paid. I'm sure that will go up in the future. Even if they don't I still have a quality set of figures to better my shelf.

I don't think this could be any further from the truth. If you think about it, before these toys to life games came out, I doubt many parents would even know what/who Spyro was. On the other hand everybody knows who Disney is, so you can't compare the two. They are on completely different levels. Their items usually hold value, and while these may have been overproduced.... that same mentality you express is what's going to make them rare. Everybody is going to think that they will never be worth anything.

So as they get tossed out, or damaged from being verbally devalued...over time they are going to become scarce. Especially complete sets of good quality. Complete power disc sets already sell for a pretty penny. I have all figures and discs from 1.0-3.0 (even rare items), exception being the two d23 items. I could probably sell these for a lot more than I've paid. I'm sure that will go up in the future. Even if they don't I still have a quality set of figures to better my shelf.
Yeah I'm seeing people selling off everything they have, especially the power discs. I have none of them since I don't really see the point of them, unless I am missing something. That and the fact that some people want top dollar for them have kept me at bay. Rather spend money on other figures over the discs for certain.

Spark generators are awesome. My only caution.... the ones I created for myself tended to work BETTER than the ones online. I don't know if it's cause they 'censor' them or whatever but I have a 3 story one that whomps and stomps better than the one I DL'd... and it took like 20-30 minutes to build.
Oh man I would love to download/build one like yours. I'm such a noob when it comes to building stuff in games :dunce:.

Oh man I would love to download/build one like yours. I'm such a noob when it comes to building stuff in games :dunce:.
Same here, but there are YouTube step-by-step tutorials on how to build spark generators.

My GameStop package came in with Crystal Mickey and Crystal McQueen and shockingly they are in decent condition! McQueen is a little sticky around where the stickers are but that seems to be a regular issue.
I just have to wait for them to process/ship my replacement Crystal Lone Ranger (and hope that it is not the playset again) then I have every figure!

Yeah I'm seeing people selling off everything they have, especially the power discs. I have none of them since I don't really see the point of them, unless I am missing something. That and the fact that some people want top dollar for them have kept me at bay. Rather spend money on other figures over the discs for certain.

There are some toy box items and themes only available as power discs, I'm not a toy box builder so I care less about that but for collectors and toy box builders, they do mean something as you need them to make remake some specific scene.

Other power disc gives you more damage with your attacks or level up faster (more orange sparks), they might be useful at first, but when you have a bunch of figures (over 300% level up bonus), they become less useful. Some 1.0 discs can be combined to get 3rd effects, those probably worth more than 2.0 and 3.0 that don't have that feature.

Same here, but there are YouTube step-by-step tutorials on how to build spark generators.

My GameStop package came in with Crystal Mickey and Crystal McQueen and shockingly they are in decent condition! McQueen is a little sticky around where the stickers are but that seems to be a regular issue.
I just have to wait for them to process/ship my replacement Crystal Lone Ranger (and hope that it is not the playset again) then I have every figure!
Good for you, GameStop shipped me a regular Mickey in a bag labeled as Crystal Mickey.

Complete power disk sets really don't go for all that much when you consider that until 3.0 they were sold blind-bagged and at a cost of 2 for $3.99. Plus, this isn't even the low. There's still interest, and the toybox levels are still available to be downloaded for a while.

EVERYTHING across the board will take a hit as soon as the servers go down.

Like most other toys, there's going to be endless mounds of bulk and maybe a dozen items with any actual value.

Any of you have experience with the Windows 10 version of INfinity?  I am trying to get the achievements finished up before that version becomes unplayable, but I have several tutorials associated with achievements glitch on me.  Flynn never shows up in the Toy Box hub to unlock the arcade so I can never unlock all terrain.  Woody is also missing from Toy Box Hub so I cannot complete all tutorials. 

I read over on TA that un-linking and re-linking your DIsney account or linking a new Disney account MAY reset Toy Box hub.  Anyone else see the issue an overcome it?

Complete power disk sets really don't go for all that much when you consider that until 3.0 they were sold blind-bagged and at a cost of 2 for $3.99. Plus, this isn't even the low. There's still interest, and the toybox levels are still available to be downloaded for a while.

EVERYTHING across the board will take a hit as soon as the servers go down.

Like most other toys, there's going to be endless mounds of bulk and maybe a dozen items with any actual value.
Yeah holding on the power discs for a while might be the best bet since the prices will have to tank once the servers shut down/people lose interest. Right now what people ask for them on ebay is kinda nuts, especially King Mickey.

Neat idea, but imo a very foolish move. Just focus on the figures rather than throwing all these other gadgets/little things at parents.

Btw I noticed the characters do an introduction when you put them on the base for the first time. Is that a one thing deal or does that happen every time you go into the game/change character?

Upload it to the game and post the name here. Or is that not possible.

Upload it to the game and post the name here. Or is that not possible.
Can only be done via cloud. And even then it isn't cross platform. So say he had it on XB1 and someone from PS4 wanted it, they wouldn't be able to get it. And you have to be the members friend to be able to see it as well.

Can only be done via cloud. And even then it isn't cross platform. So say he had it on XB1 and someone from PS4 wanted it, they wouldn't be able to get it. And you have to be the members friend to be able to see it as well.
Ahhh ok. Guess I have to check out these YouTube videos and build a generator myself.

Ahhh ok. Guess I have to check out these YouTube videos and build a generator myself.
Which version are you playing? Not sure how 2.0 works as I haven't played it as much but on the 3.0 version that is how it works. I can PM you a video to the one I use for 2.0. It is pretty decent.

Which version are you playing? Not sure how 2.0 works as I haven't played it as much but on the 3.0 version that is how it works. I can PM you a video to the one I use for 2.0. It is pretty decent.
I have them all. Trying to get all the essentials before the toybox features disappear. Xbox1 is the main console.

Any of you have experience with the Windows 10 version of INfinity? I am trying to get the achievements finished up before that version becomes unplayable, but I have several tutorials associated with achievements glitch on me. Flynn never shows up in the Toy Box hub to unlock the arcade so I can never unlock all terrain. Woody is also missing from Toy Box Hub so I cannot complete all tutorials.

I read over on TA that un-linking and re-linking your DIsney account or linking a new Disney account MAY reset Toy Box hub. Anyone else see the issue an overcome it?
Definitely try linking to another email address. I grinded feats for a long time but couldn't get enough and the terrain achievement didn't unlock. Once I ran through with a second account everything unlocked on time. Plus the feats add up from both accounts. Message me on live if you're still having trouble.

Argh! Ordered a :ps3: 1.0 starter set from TRU and they sent a 2.0 starter, of which already have 2 of them. Time to deal with customer service.

Getting the arcade trophies for 3.0 on PS3 is terrible. Load times are so long, and then the wait for other players is worse. These were a pain in the ass on PS4, not sure it is even worth it on PS3.

Any of you have experience with the Windows 10 version of INfinity? I am trying to get the achievements finished up before that version becomes unplayable, but I have several tutorials associated with achievements glitch on me. Flynn never shows up in the Toy Box hub to unlock the arcade so I can never unlock all terrain. Woody is also missing from Toy Box Hub so I cannot complete all tutorials.

I read over on TA that un-linking and re-linking your DIsney account or linking a new Disney account MAY reset Toy Box hub. Anyone else see the issue an overcome it?
I had the same issue but the problem I found was the skill kiosk never showed up for me, which is right at the beginning of the tutorial. I unlinked my disney account, created a 2nd one and linked that one. Restarted the game and the tutorial had reset. Talk to the Red guy first and make sure the Skill Kiosk shows up right after that. If so you should be good to finish the tutorials. When I got the achievement the Arcade was still locked.

Definitely try linking to another email address. I grinded feats for a long time but couldn't get enough and the terrain achievement didn't unlock. Once I ran through with a second account everything unlocked on time. Plus the feats add up from both accounts. Message me on live if you're still having trouble.

I had the same issue but the problem I found was the skill kiosk never showed up for me, which is right at the beginning of the tutorial. I unlinked my disney account, created a 2nd one and linked that one. Restarted the game and the tutorial had reset. Talk to the Red guy first and make sure the Skill Kiosk shows up right after that. If so you should be good to finish the tutorials. When I got the achievement the Arcade was still locked.
Thanks for the info guys. I will finish up the feats (I'm 66/75 though from what I have read you need about 80) then I will link another account.

Argh! Ordered a :ps3: 1.0 starter set from TRU and they sent a 2.0 starter, of which already have 2 of them. Time to deal with customer service.
I had worse. Ordered a 1.0 Starter for PS3 as well from GS, and they sent one for the 360. Called customer service and explained the issue. They reissued another, and what do ya know.....they sent another for the 360. At that point I just cancelled and ordered from TRU. It was cheaper anyways. :whistle2:

So the newest figs like Ant man, Black Panther, Vision and so on will require Internet connection after the shut down? Would they work?

Red Flag Deal hunter on the east coast of Canada

So the newest figs like Ant man, Black Panther, Vision and so on will require Internet connection after the shut down? Would they work?

Red Flag Deal hunter on the east coast of Canada

They don't require an internet connection. They require a software update.

Just got my Nemo and Dory today. Really nice looking figures, but Nemo didn't come with the discs that some people seem to be getting. Am I missing out on something or were those just meh

Just got my Nemo and Dory today. Really nice looking figures, but Nemo didn't come with the discs that some people seem to be getting. Am I missing out on something or were those just meh
The discs are the same as the 1.0 Nemo customization discs, but with 3.0 branding. Some stores got them some stores didn't.

Sorry to everyone for coming here to complain again but I need to vent!

The only figure I need is Crystal Lone Ranger, about 2 weeks ago I got someone at a somewhat nearby GameStop to put it on hold for me I went to the store to get it and they had it mislabeled, it was the Lone Ranger Playset piece. He apologized tried to find it at another store. There was only 1 other store in 100 miles that had it luckily it was nearby we tried to call them no one answered and he remembered the store closed a week prior (he was wrong the store just hadn't opened for the day yet. And they also had the playset listed as the figure as I later found out). He said he could order it online for me, and I let him I just wanted it to be over.

About 5 days later the package came in and guess what it was, another Lone Ranger Playset piece! I got on the phone, was put on hold for about 50 minutes (F*** that commercial for that stupid cat app and it's stupid cat puns) and we eventually got ahold of someone named Gab. Gab apologized told us to keep the Playset and that they would send up a replacement and that she would put a note that we wanted the figure not the Playset.

About a week later we never got a updated order form or any word that they were processing it and suddenly a package came in. We opened it crossing our fingers that it was right. First thing we saw was the receipt saying Crystal Lone Ranger figure. Then we saw the label on the red ziploc package saying Lone Ranger Playset and our hearts dropped. We then looked at the figure itself and it wasn't even that. They sent us a Twilight of the Republic Playset in a ziploc that said Lone Ranger Playset, that was supposed to be a Crystal Lone Ranger figure!

I just bought one off Amazon for $25 just to be done with this and I am going into GameStop tomorrow to get my money back.

I am fuming!!!!!!!

bread's done
Back