Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. No one is coming for the Skylanders.
Skylanders is fun and all but those figures will just be forgotten about in their cases (already are). If the DI figures all stopped working today I would probably stick half of them with the other figures on my desk because they look that good.

Skylanders are just awful looking. Not worthy of being a desktop decoration. Di on the other hand are sculpted very nice, the paint is good an they have decent weight to em.

Skylanders are just awful looking. Not worthy of being a desktop decoration. Di on the other hand are sculpted very nice, the paint is good an they have decent weight to em.
As a whole, yes. Quality is definitely lower. But there are some highlights in the line, most notably the Eon's Elite which are fantastic - right down to the packaging. But it is kinda sad the quality of their "premium" line is right around the quality of the average Infinity or Amiibo figures. And Lego is head and shoulders above them all - their quality control is legendary in manufacturing.

There are way too many Skylanders where they went cheap, not painting details, using hollow construction (Rocky Roll and S2 Sprocket notably), figure defects and packaging that falls apart in the store. I'm sure most people have seen that line at the bottom of displays in stores where the packaging just fell apart. And when I buy them, I often have to go through entire cases to find one I consider "acceptable". I say that as a guy that has way, way too many of them. Thank goodness the game is really fun for me and my sons.

I have my Amiibos and Infinity all out on display. The Skylanders are on racks inside a closet.

I saw this today and immediately thought Disney Infinity :)

1ERrTz7.jpg
Ha pretty much, you start with a couple then out of nowhere there are figures everywhere. I wonder how many unused clothing pieces she has in her closet :whistle2:

I ordered 15 characters from ToysRUs while they were on sale last week.

The final box just arrived, it was 18"x18"x18" and all that was inside was Stitch and Hulk.....

I ordered 15 characters from ToysRUs while they were on sale last week.

The final box just arrived, it was 18x18x18 and all that was inside was Stitch and Hulk.....
Well that was because he was sent as the Bruce Banner figure and they never know how large he is going to get in transit. Safe then sorry

Ha pretty much, you start with a couple then out of nowhere there are figures everywhere. I wonder how many unused clothing pieces she has in her closet :whistle2:
Probably not many, considering she's wearing the exact same outfit in both panels.

You can't even give Skylanders figures away. Activision sent some Gen1 Skylanders to Best Buy to give out with the second game (almost 4 years ago). I just found some more of them still sitting around today and just chucked em. :whistle2:

You can't even give Skylanders figures away. Activision sent some Gen1 Skylanders to Best Buy to give out with the second game (almost 4 years ago). I just found some more of them still sitting around today and just chucked em. :whistle2:
My Best Buy has a couple racks dedicated to the "Free Black Lava Barf Eruptor" toy which came free with any Skylanders purchase during trap team.

I saw this today and immediately thought Disney Infinity :)

1ERrTz7.jpg
Ugh, yeah I think about that every time I see those figures in store. Bought a couple of the starter sets at Target when they were 70% off because it was cheaper to get three more ships that way than by buying them solo.

Wow, sexist much? He's the one with a rebel pilot costume on hand. Maybe she hoards games or power tools. Jeez, 21st century man. ;)

Ugh, yeah I think about that every time I see those figures in store. Bought a couple of the starter sets at Target when they were 70% off because it was cheaper to get three more ships that way than by buying them solo.

Wow, sexist much? He's the one with a rebel pilot costume on hand. Maybe she hoards games or power tools. Jeez, 21st century man. ;)
Haha that's what I was going for =P~.

Does anyone have the 1.0 power disc album? I have the Tomorrowland and all the star wars discs and wondering if it will hold all those

As a whole, yes. Quality is definitely lower. But there are some highlights in the line, most notably the Eon's Elite which are fantastic - right down to the packaging. But it is kinda sad the quality of their "premium" line is right around the quality of the average Infinity or Amiibo figures. And Lego is head and shoulders above them all - their quality control is legendary in manufacturing.

There are way too many Skylanders where they went cheap, not painting details, using hollow construction (Rocky Roll and S2 Sprocket notably), figure defects and packaging that falls apart in the store. I'm sure most people have seen that line at the bottom of displays in stores where the packaging just fell apart. And when I buy them, I often have to go through entire cases to find one I consider "acceptable". I say that as a guy that has way, way too many of them. Thank goodness the game is really fun for me and my sons.

I have my Amiibos and Infinity all out on display. The Skylanders are on racks inside a closet.
Skylanders packaging is the worst, they're constantly falling apart, some even arrive with the package already apart

At my store we have the Giants Lightcore Hex figure for $0.99 with about 200 in stock -.-

Skylanders packaging is the worst, they're constantly falling apart, some even arrive with the package already apart
Infinity has some notorious packaging as well.

Boba Fett and Nick Fury I've seen their boxes have to be resealed.

There were multiple Skylanders I bought who were broken when I opened the box.

Most notable, Prism Break and Knight Mare
Prism's arms were not even attached after I opened the box, and Mare broke at the hips..... I had to use brush on super glue to seal them back together.

At my store we have the Giants Lightcore Hex figure for $0.99 with about 200 in stock -.-
It was $0.5 at my Toysrus a few weeks ago when they have all Skylanders 50% off.

I think that's a special case though, there are always a few figures that can't sell.

Most Toysrus has many Giants Nijini and Trap Team Head Rush left and Target has their exclusive Nitro Head Rush no one bothers.

Infinity has some notorious packaging as well.

Boba Fett and Nick Fury I've seen their boxes have to be resealed.

There were multiple Skylanders I bought who were broken when I opened the box.

Most notable, Prism Break and Knight Mare
Prism's arms were not even attached after I opened the box, and Mare broke at the hips..... I had to use brush on super glue to seal them back together.
Packaging wise, I think Infinity is worse. I bought many Infinity and Skylanders figures online, there were more Infinity got the paper back coming off than Skylanders (only 1 Swap Force, considering it has been like 2 years, not that bad at all)

Paint job of Skylanders can be really terrible even in the latest Superchargers, better get and check them in store to ensure quality.

Does anyone have the 1.0 power disc album? I have the Tomorrowland and all the star wars discs and wondering if it will hold all those
I think you might need 3 1.0 albums to hold all 3.0 discs. 1.0 albums were released by series, so each album only hold specific series, and in series 1 ($1.99 from gamestop), there are more hex disc slots than round disc slots.

2.0 album might hold all 3.0 discs (haven't actually counted) as it's made to hold all 2.0 discs.

The Infinity vs. Skylanders packaging strength can be debatable. The Infinity we get seems to hold together better during it's time on the shelf than Skylanders. Whereas when kids pull down Skylanders the package comes apart, but Infinity typically has the cardboard bend at the plastic before the plastic comes off.

I played X-Wing pretty regularly.  I gave up because they kept introducing new ships that were better than the old ships and if  you didn't stay on the wave of the "next new thing" you couldn't play competitively.

I don't have that issue with Infinity.  But the idea of, oh I just need 1-2.. and then walking out with the set was definitely an issue MANY times.

I played X-Wing pretty regularly. I gave up because they kept introducing new ships that were better than the old ships and if you didn't stay on the wave of the "next new thing" you couldn't play competitively.

I don't have that issue with Infinity. But the idea of, oh I just need 1-2.. and then walking out with the set was definitely an issue MANY times.
I used to play Star Wars Miniatures and got out right before the X-wing stuff came out. VERY expensive hobby

I was able to execute this today with the Dory set we received from target.com last week.

This may be YMMV based on my rep's reaction and the fact that she pointed out the raincheck says "not valid on target.com". My response was that it means it doesn't work on the website. I somehow lead her to coming up with the idea of returning it and then using the raincheck, so it worked in the end for me but was touch and go for a moment.

Finding Dory is on sale for $14.99 through Saturday.

Step 1: Go to your local Target. If it's there, great! Skip the next steps.
Step 2: Assuming it isn't there, go to Guest Services. Ask for a rain check. Give them DPCI # 207-03-3054.
Step 3: Order the set online either for ship to store or shipped to your house.
Step 4: When your item arrives, do a return and rebuy. If it's no longer $15, your raincheck will bring the price down for you. The raincheck price is good at any Target for 60 days.

Spiderman, Guardians, and Avenger sets are $13.50 each after using a 10% off code (SALE3) at Groupon ($14.99). I think you can use the code up to 3 times. 10% off sale ends today.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-disney-infinity-20-playsets-spiderman-avengers-or-guardians

If you have a discover card and go to Groupon through discover deals you get an extra 5% back.
Didn't see this until now but I thought of that when it was going on. I have $20 in Groupon bucks and tried it each time they emailed me and each time it told me that it wasn't valid.

I was able to execute this today with the Dory set we received from target.com last week.

This may be YMMV based on my rep's reaction and the fact that she pointed out the raincheck says "not valid on target.com". My response was that it means it doesn't work on the website. I somehow lead her to coming up with the idea of returning it and then using the raincheck, so it worked in the end for me but was touch and go for a moment.
Done this or things like this many times. Only once did I have them claim they need to put it back on the shelf first (why?). Just did this today, (non gaming) item on sale for $15, down from $60. Having one shipped then will immediately rebuy with raincheck.

Didn't see this until now but I thought of that when it was going on. I have $20 in Groupon bucks and tried it each time they emailed me and each time it told me that it wasn't valid.
Same here + the shipping kinda kills it too. Finally played with a couple D1 figures tonight...wow they are very limited compare to the 2.0 & 3.0 versions. Someone mentioned this to me, but I wasn't expecting it to be only a couple moves.

Also looked through ebay and the prices for some of the figures are insane (imo)

Same here + the shipping kinda kills it too. Finally played with a couple D1 figures tonight...wow they are very limited compare to the 2.0 & 3.0 versions. Someone mentioned this to me, but I wasn't expecting it to be only a couple moves.

Also looked through ebay and the prices for some of the figures are insane (imo)
Yeah, It's only $4 or whatever which isn't as bad since I would get Guardians and Spider-Man but it's still less appealing. If I'd been able to use the coupon and more or less negate the shipping I would have felt better about it.

Meijer still has a good chunk of 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 figures for $5 (including like five Fear at Cascade in Grand Rapids), and Play sets were half off. 

Spiderman, Guardians, and Avenger sets are $13.50 each after using a 10% off code (SALE3) at Groupon ($14.99). I think you can use the code up to 3 times. 10% off sale ends today.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-disney-infinity-20-playsets-spiderman-avengers-or-guardians

If you have a discover card and go to Groupon through discover deals you get an extra 5% back.
They are sending out emails as well now good until 8/11 where using Save30 will save you 30% on one item.

This was at Walmart. If you would like for me to be more specific this would be, what people in St Joseph Missouri refer to as, the South Belt Walmart.
It was in the electronics department aisle 5 row 6 hook 4. Longitude and Latitude are as follows....

Need help. I have a brand new Super Slim PS3. I'm installing DI 3.0, and it's been about 20 mins and it's installed 1% of it so far. Is this normal?

edit: Ok, after 45 mins it started up. Never went to 2% or even 100%

edit 2: oooof, loading the initial level is taking forever

Final edit: disc was used and had some finger smudges. Cleaned it and it said data was corrupted. Reinstalled and this time the progress bar for installation filled normally and game is working fine now

bread's done
Back