DJ Hero - Gen. Discussion & Info - Out 10.27.09

I was gonna say the same as the above but was putting together a nicer presentation.
Signed game and signed game bundles available at DJShadow.com

lg_new_ps3_djherobn.jpg

This is the DJ Hero / DJ Shadow Bundle- Signed Video Game + Tee + Vinyl + Stickers.
This bundle includes the DJ Hero video Game for [CONSOLE OF CHOICE], the DJ Hero/ DJ Shadow Character Tee Shirt, and an exclusive, bonus piece of DJ wax so you can do it up for real! Plus bonus stickers!

DJ Shadow is a playable character in the DJ Hero game, and has mixes and original songs featured in the game.

PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR THESE GAMES TO SHIP, AS THEY HAVE TO EACH BE INDIVIDUALLY SIGNED BY SHADOW AS THEY ARE ORDERED.

All products are linked from this page
http://www.djshadow.com/Merchant2/m...AC016&Category_Code=featprods&Product_Count=3

UPS Ground is $15.18 more (to me) and USPS Priority is $27.25

I'm curious about what is on the single (figure it is one of his songs on the game but who knows). Be cheaper to get this bundle than get the game from a store and pick up the single on the secondary market

cant guarantee that the single will be cheaper on the secondary market, DJ Shadow limited stuff hits premium prices and often is never seen again once in the hands of collectors. Vinyl fans love his stuff.
I am never getting rid of this piece
images

But yeah I think it would make sense to be a song from the game.

DJ Hero is barely out the door and already there are new downloadable tracks, with 50 Cent, Queen, Gorillaz, and Public Enemy hitting Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network today - for $3.00 apiece.

DJ Hero developer FreeStyleGames' Chris Lee gave IGN the skinny on the first round of DJ Hero DLC, revealing a price point that might very well stay players' hands. The first two new tracks - 50 Cent (featuring Mary J. Blige) mixed with Queen's "Radio Ga Ga" and Gorrilaz' "Dare" mashed with "Can't Truss It" by Public Enemy - will be hitting Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network today in the form of a two-pack costing 480 Microsoft points, or $5.99. The new tracks will be showing up later on the Wii for 300 Wii points apiece.

Lee explains why DJ Hero tracks cost a dollar more than Rock Band or Guitar Hero tracks:

There's additional work in the creation process of the DJ Hero DLC – licensing multiple pieces of content and bringing in a professional DJ to mix the tracks – that brings the price to 300 Wii Points for the mixes individually; 480 Microsoft Points or $5.99 in the PlayStation Store for Extended Mix Pack 01.

While I can certainly understand the reasoning, I still can't see myself paying $3.00 a track. I'm fine with the 93 I already have, thanks.

Future DLC includes a three-pack of songs from David Guetta, including remixes of "Sexy Bitch," "On The Dance Floor," and "When Love Takes Over." That pack is due out on November 24th for 640 Microsoft points or $7.99, while the Wii tracks will still be sold individually at 300 points a pop.

http://kotaku.com/5392715/dj-hero-dlc-is-a-tad-bit-pricey

makes me wish I pre-ordered this from GS

edit: if they get some actual talent (not talking about the developers themselves) to make each and every song sold for $3, that isn't too bad

Last edited by a moderator:
3 buck DLC is kinda crazy. I mean Rockband one song is two bucks. I know making a DJ hero track is 2 songs, but Rockand is 4 insterments. Plus you have to buy them in Packs, so the least amount you'll spend is 6 bucks. Hell I was able to buy Saints row 2 on the PC for less then that.

So I'm sure going to spend my points on RB tacks way before I do DJ hero.

:whistle2:( Well it was fun while it lasted. My scratch pad gave up today and no longer allows scratching.. the buttons work... ugh. I have never had a peripheral break to this point. Two to three weeks without it. :whistle2:(

well care to back that up in any way? i dont see any reason to have two general discussions but fine, you win just because they havnt merged.

[quote name='Arakias']^ is there a warranty for the controller then?[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is. Same as for Guitar Hero controllers i.e. 90 Days. You just need to hold onto your receipt.

Absolutely loving the game. My expectations were through the roof and it still beat them all. Every time I think I find a favorite mix I play something else that kicks even more ass!

My only issues at this point is the clunky online play, for private matches that is, and I'm pretty bummed about the DLC pricing. :(

This game is ridiculous. I've been playing it on a friend's profile for a while, but I finally decided to switch to my own. Just finished playing through my first set, and during the first song, I unlocked 12 achievements for 150G, then another 5 point achievement for completing that set, not to mention the 10 for completing the tutorial:

My First Set (5), Euphoria DJ (15), Hello World (5), Four Star (4), New Jack (1), Superstar DJ (30), Fantastic Fader (20), Tap King (20), No Mistakes Allowed (20), Special Effects! (5), 360 Degrees (20), My 50 Pence (5), Multiplier Madness (5), Graduation (10)

^All in less than 5 minutes lol
This game is way too fun. I'm loving the hell out of it so far.

Honestly, no idea, but I don't see why not. I Got a wired demo GH3 guitar and it works fine (actually better) and a GH:WT guitar as well. They're usually built a bit more sturdier so I want to say you'll be okay.

I was originally on a quest to 5* all the songs on Expert but can't 5* Beats and Pieces to save my life. I can barely get 4 stars, and some of those guitar/DJ mixes where I can't spam rewinds I usually get 4 stars in.

[quote name='menikmati']I was originally on a quest to 5* all the songs on Expert but can't 5* Beats and Pieces to save my life. I can barely get 4 stars, and some of those guitar/DJ mixes where I can't spam rewinds I usually get 4 stars in.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the exact same problems lol. I've only got 3 standard songs left to 5 star, and a bunch of the guitar ones. I was one of those little light things away from 5 starring Groundhog D:

[quote name='bs000']I'm having the exact same problems lol. I've only got 3 standard songs left to 5 star, and a bunch of the guitar ones. I was one of those little light things away from 5 starring Groundhog D:[/QUOTE]

Groundhog actually makes sense rhythmically to me up until the end. There's a video on YouTube of someone 5 starring it on Verse 2 ALONE. Basically you spam rewinds in that section and you can get the 5* easily.

Can't believe I 5 starred Rockit, though. That song is cut throat.

Sorry to exhume this thread from the grave, but I figured this was worth it:

For this week only, you can get a DJ Hero 2 track for free by downloading it from the Marketplace. The track is "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga vs. "Ghosts N' Stuff" by Deadmau5, and it's actually pretty good :cool:

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Sorry to exhume this thread from the grave, but I figured this was worth it:

For this week only, you can get a DJ Hero 2 track for free by downloading it from the Marketplace. The track is "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga vs. "Ghosts N' Stuff" by Deadmau5, and it's actually pretty good :cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I like how the description says to hurry, it will only be available until June 7th, yet the Release date is June 8th. :lol:

Shit. I missed that.

Anyway, I noticed the other day that the bundle was $55 on Amazon. It's $60 now, but that's still a good price. I feel badly for those who paid full price 6-7 months ago.

[quote name='Matt Young']Shit. I missed that.

Anyway, I noticed the other day that the bundle was $55 on Amazon. It's $60 now, but that's still a good price. I feel badly for those who paid full price 6-7 months ago.[/QUOTE]

Actually I really don't feel bad buying it early. I had fun playing it and look forward to DJ Hero 2. Personally, every game has been experiencing huge drops. Kmart had ME2 this week for 20... should you feel sorry for those that bought that at launch just a couple months back too.

[quote name='lordopus99']Actually I really don't feel bad buying it early. I had fun playing it and look forward to DJ Hero 2. Personally, every game has been experiencing huge drops. Kmart had ME2 this week for 20... should you feel sorry for those that bought that at launch just a couple months back too.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you I bought DJH day one and it was well worth my money to me and surprised me that my girlfriend even has liked it (she usually doesn't play music games). Bring on DJH2.

I asked in the deals forum, but what is up with those wireless turntables? I ask because best Buy is selling them for $19.99 or giving one away with each purchase of a game/turntable bundle (on sale for $39.99 at the moment) but Amazon and other sites list the turntable by itself for $50 or more! Just wondering why there's such a drastic difference in the prices.

My guess is that they are just trying to clear their excess inventory, specially with DJ Hero 2 on the horizon.

I picked up the game and extra turntable at Best Buy myself, the game was fun at first, but since I suck at it, I'm not having too much fun now. Easy is too easy, and medium is too hard for my skill set.

I actually just opened up DJ Hero 1 a couple days ago. It's a lot harder than Guitar Hero; that's for sure. Playing on Medium, I rarely get above 4 stars.

Can someone tell me how I can customize my DJ once in game? I'm unlocking decks and headphones, but I'm unable to change the in game venue, or what my guy looks like.

Edit: Also, how do I change my chosen samples?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Can someone tell me how I can customize my DJ once in game? I'm unlocking decks and headphones, but I'm unable to change the in game venue, or what my guy looks like.

Edit: Also, how do I change my chosen samples?[/QUOTE]

You do all that whenever you choose a setlist to play. Stop using quickstart 'cause that skips straight to the song :p

[quote name='bs000']You do all that whenever you choose a setlist to play. Stop using quickstart 'cause that skips straight to the song :p[/QUOTE]

I actually haven't used quick start yet at all. I typically pick and choose what songs to play.

Alright, was GREATLY underwhelmed by the Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock demo, but was impressed ALOT by the DJ Hero 2 demo. As in the new play modes sounded pointless when reading them in magazines and web posting's, but actually trying them out you see the potential. That and they fixed nearly every gripe I had with the first game (claustrophobic menu, boring animations, annoying samples) and added alot to keep me interested. To me this is basically what first DJ Hero should've been. Good job Activision.

I wasn't impressed by the DJ hero 2 demo at all. All them seem to have added were a few different ways to hit the buttons. Hitting buttons in different ways doesn't make the game more fun or more like DJing at all.

I have no idea why they didn't roll out dual decks for a single player. I mean I know its possible. Rocking a four deck setup in a real mock DJ battle would have gone very far in my telling folks to pick this up. But as it is I think I'll wait for the inevitable dramatic price drop like the first game ran int.

[quote name='theredworm']if you aren't using quickstart and not seeing how to pick all that stuff then you are blind[/QUOTE]

I figured out that even though I was selecting my tracks, it still quick starts afterwards when you press start. Thanks for being an ass though.

sorry for speaking the truth

btw I'm liking the demo, just having a hard time getting it calibrated, hits feel a tad bit off compared to how I'm used to djh1, I tried the new calibration, maybe I'll have to do them again to find a sweet spot

[quote name='mtxbass1']I figured out that even though I was selecting my tracks, it still quick starts afterwards when you press start. Thanks for being an ass though.[/QUOTE]

Quickstart is the start button. It says that somewhere along the bottom of the screen. Use the green/A button instead!

[quote name='bs000']Quickstart is the start button. It says that somewhere along the bottom of the screen. Use the green/A button instead![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got it now.

Has anyone purchased any of the DLC? If so, will this carry over to DJ Hero 2? Any recommendations there? I'm tempted to buy all the packs...

[quote name='mtxbass1']Yeah, I got it now.

Has anyone purchased any of the DLC? If so, will this carry over to DJ Hero 2? Any recommendations there? I'm tempted to buy all the packs...[/QUOTE]
The Domination Pack is easily the best one. Hard as hell, but GREAT mixes.

The new GH sucks, but DJ Hero 2 was amazing. The freestyle crossfades will get me to purchase the game.. you can really take control of the song and mix it yourself during those sections which is pretty awesome. I wish there was a way to make the whole song that way.

bread's done
Back