DJ Hero with 2 turn tables for $39.99 at Best Buy

JPCERTIFIED

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Just ran into this deal at Best Buy for being a gamer rewards program. They has signs posting saying buy any DJ Hero bundle and get a 2nd stand alone table for free. The tags said that the deal expired. The employee thought they would have to override it but the system automatically subtracted the stand alone table as free. So this deal is open for anybody who is part of the gamers program with or without signs posting it.

Also this deal expires on Saturday August 14, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked fine yesterday when I got a Wii version for my brother-in-law.

Worked fine today at lunch when I got a 360 version for my nephew.

Greg

I got a PS3 DJ Hero bundle but a 360 Stand alone controller with it, PS3 were all out.

Anyone know if I can try sending a PS3 controller to the store and exchanging it?

Worked this morning in Sacramento for a PS3 version with extra turntable for $39.99. Guy at the door checking receipts when I was leaving asked me if they were open box items. He was shocked to find out these were the current prices w/ a free extra turntable.

Anyone in Portland try this out? Hitting it up later tonight at SE 82nd.

edit] All the stores in the area are sold out, ugh. Why isn't this deal online?

[quote name='isofan1']I got a PS3 DJ Hero bundle but a 360 Stand alone controller with it, PS3 were all out.

Anyone know if I can try sending a PS3 controller to the store and exchanging it?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this well as I'm in the opposite situation.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I'd like to know this well as I'm in the opposite situation.[/QUOTE]

I called BB and the manager of my store said to bring back the unopened 360 standalone controller and they'll order me a PS3 one for free.

I went and checked one of my Best Buys today and they were completely out of the PS3 bundle versions, but had a few Xbox 360 bundles, and many Wii bundles, but they were completely out of controllers for all systems. I drove to another Best Buy in the same city and got a PS3 bundle and controller with no problem. They had many available for all three consoles.

Hey folks.

Just picked this up today for 39.99, and I did get a free extra turntable with it (last one they had left). Thanks for the heads up on this one; I've wanted it for ages and finally had the funds to buy it.:bouncy:

Man, that's an awesome deal considering the Xbox 360 turntables themselves go for $50+ at most places.

EDIT: It says "Ships to store in 3-5 days" just for the game bundle. I swear, I saw some bundles a week or so ago. I wonder if they have some in the store despite what the site says.

picked up the last PS3 one along with extra turntable, the cashier had no clue about the promotion, just scan, pay and out the door!

Works in Huntsville, AL

Picked up the 360 game bundle, and an extra turntable. The turntable was on sale for $19.99, but when the lady totaled it, it went to zero. Add a $25 reward zone certificate, and $15.88 out the door.

Worked in Texas. Only one store in town had the PS3 versions in stock (per the online inventory tracker), so it was a bit of a drive. But no problems whatsoever. Cashier was shocked, but said, "I've gotta go get one of these!"
Excellent thread! :D

This was a great find. I just had a birthday and received a giftcard for Best Buy too. All the stores around Portland were out of one or the other so I went to Customer Service and asked if I could buy the DJ Hero bundle at that store and go pick-up the stand alone turntable at another. After a couple of minutes I was walking out the door with my 39.99 purchase and will pick-up my free turntable on my way home.

So if you can't find both at the same store, you might try mixing and matching. Worked for me. Thanks OP.

Worked in Phoenix, AZ for XBOX 360. It was the last Xbox 360 DJ Hero and the box was a little beat up so the cashier took off 10%. The security guy in the front was shocked. He kept looking at the receipt to make sure it was right. Such an awesome deal!!!

Im going to check my local bestbuy, (Little Rock, Arkansas ) to see if any are left. i would love to get them both for 40.

What happened with Best Buy's site? Before, checking whether an item was in stock or not was easy and reliable. Now, everything says "Ships to store in XX days" with maybe 1 or 2 stores saying "available now".

My store had a turntable for the 360 and multiple copies of the game for the PS3. Neither was listed as such on the site; it simply said, "ships to store in 3-5 (or 7-10) days". An employee said they had multiple copies of the 360 bundle in stock at the Corona store, yet BestBuy.com, when I just checked it, says no. I'd imagine their computers in the store are right, so I wonder why they fucked up the whole system on the public website.

I was very tempted to pick up the PS3 version of the game with the 360 turntable (guy rang it up and it all totaled $43.xx after tax) since they didn't have any copies of the game for the 360 nor individual turntables for the PS3. But I'd have had to go to a store 30 minutes from here to try to exchange the game for a 360 copy, and it just doesn't seem worth the effort.

I'm just worried that I'll miss out altogether. I know I can find the game bundle cheap later on, but those turntables are selling for $50+ everywhere but Best Buy, so one for $20, or free with the game bundle, is highly tempting. I wonder why the tables are so cheap there and nowhere else.

[quote name='Matt Young']What happened with Best Buy's site? Before, checking whether an item was in stock or not was easy and reliable. Now, everything says "Ships to store in XX days" with maybe 1 or 2 stores saying "available now".

My store had a turntable for the 360 and multiple copies of the game for the PS3. Neither was listed as such on the site; it simply said, "ships to store in 3-5 (or 7-10) days". An employee said they had multiple copies of the 360 bundle in stock at the Corona store, yet BestBuy.com, when I just checked it, says no. I'd imagine their computers in the store are right, so I wonder why they fucked up the whole system on the public website.

I was very tempted to pick up the PS3 version of the game with the 360 turntable (guy rang it up and it all totaled $43.xx after tax) since they didn't have any copies of the game for the 360 nor individual turntables for the PS3. But I'd have had to go to a store 30 minutes from here to try to exchange the game for a 360 copy, and it just doesn't seem worth the effort.

I'm just worried that I'll miss out altogether. I know I can find the game bundle cheap later on, but those turntables are selling for $50+ everywhere but Best Buy, so one for $20, or free with the game bundle, is highly tempting. I wonder why the tables are so cheap there and nowhere else.[/QUOTE]

The solo turntables have a much longer shelf life - DJ Hero 2 is doing more stuff with 2 turntables in single player mode, plus if you want multiplayer you're going to need at least a second turntable.

But once DJ Hero 2 drops, most people aren't going to want DJ Hero 1 as well (especially if they already own it), so those DJ Hero 1 bundles are going to be cluttering the store shelves.

I suppose Best Buy is taking a small hit on the 2nd turntable to clear out what WAS probably a large stock of DJ Hero 1 bundles.... and it seems like it worked.

Also... how do you go from Springfield Illinois and end up in Moreno Valley? Parents?

kodave- I see what you mean, but it's still weird that the turntables go for the same price as the game bundle at most places. I'd figure the bundle would be more desirable, since the person could get a little credit for the game disc from a trade in.

As for the move, yes, it was partly to do with parents. I'm guessing you're from either Springfield or Moreno Valley?

[quote name='Matt Young']kodave- I see what you mean, but it's still weird that the turntables go for the same price as the game bundle at most places. I'd figure the bundle would be more desirable, since the person could get a little credit for the game disc from a trade in.

As for the move, yes, it was partly to do with parents. I'm guessing you're from either Springfield or Moreno Valley?[/QUOTE]

No, but I'm familiar with Moreno Valley and feel for you.

I'm gonna press my luck and see if I can get my Best Buy to price match the $40 gift card that's at TRU as well, I know that is huge stretch, but they let me have Blur for $19.99 since TRU had a $40 gift card attached to their deal.

I was able to get $10 back with a price adjustment since I got it last week for $50. The lady had no problem adjusting since the computer knew about the deal.

Now I need is someone to switch my title to $39.99 instead (DONE)

was able to snag this offer for 43 bucks, in and out in less then 5 minutes... maybe i'll go back and see about the coupon but eh good deal no the less. game wise its a cool game with good music just dont expect to play it much with how long each damn track is lol

[quote name='NotYaAverageBro']I'm gonna press my luck and see if I can get my Best Buy to price match the $40 gift card that's at TRU as well, I know that is huge stretch, but they let me have Blur for $19.99 since TRU had a $40 gift card attached to their deal.[/QUOTE]

Big money no WHAMMY! :applause:

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']I was able to get $10 back with a price adjustment since I got it last week for $50. The lady had no problem adjusting since the computer knew about the deal.

Now I need is someone to switch my title to $39.99 instead (DONE)[/QUOTE]

$39.99!? Damn, I need to go price adjust this after work.

The 10% coupon scans but cancels out the free turntable promo.

Thought I got lucky as the cashier scanned it without question but then the screen showed the game as 36.99 and turntable as 18.99. DOH!!

[quote name='momarr hadidi']The 10% coupon scans but cancels out the free turntable promo.

Thought I got lucky as the cashier scanned it without question but then the screen showed the game as 36.99 and turntable as 18.99. DOH!![/QUOTE]

Damn, oh well 43 bucks is still a great deal!

I just can't bite. I know I will play the game a week or two and put it to the side. Take it out again for DJH2 and play it again for a wk or 2. I should just keep the $40 and use my $15 TRU gc for an upcoming game. But $40 is probably the best you will find (unless a garage sale) for this game and 2 turntables.

Thanks for the deal OP, nabbed a PS3 copy with extra turntable at the Everett BB for $25 after Reward Zone certificates. Never really cared about the game, but might be fun to play with the missus and that price is too good to pass.

[quote name='safire']Stupid deal... I might have to renege on my "no more big plastic controllers" policy.[/QUOTE]

Stupid deal? Yeah, okay, threadcrapper/troll.

$40 for a new sealed game plus two brand new controllers is like $10 for the game and just $15 for the controllers. Good luck even finding a USED deal on that.

For $15, who gives a crap if it's plastic. I can see people bitching about it being plastic it were $60, but come on... "Stupid deal". Ha. Stupid comment.

People actually spend over $100 on imported version of Beatmania controller, which is still made out of plastic. The DJ Hero controllers are honestly much nicer than the Beatmania ones.

[quote name='jughead']I think he may have been being sarcastic :ziplip:[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the poster was confused as to the definition of "renege".
But yeah, definitely picking this up tomorrow.

bread's done
Back