DMC The Animated Series (for those who bought the CE) Case + 5 off S2

Ice2Dragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Hard to explain, turn to the manual for those who purchased DMC4 today.

If you go to www.advfilms.com (its down right now.. )

You can register and get a free case (pay for shipping) for the dvd for the series that came with the Collectors edition. (its 3.99 shipping)

And you get to save 5 off the next series, which is due out 4/1/08

Enjoy!

Kinda weird Bestbuy ad have Vol. 1 (12 episodes) this week for $19.99. I wonder it's misprint right? Rightstuf & most place list vol. 1 only 4 episodes.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Kinda weird Bestbuy ad have Vol. 1 (12 episodes) this week for $19.99. I wonder it's misprint right? Rightstuf & most place list vol. 1 only 4 episodes.[/quote]

Well the disc has a bunch of shit on it.. but its not 12 episodes.. its 4.. im looking right at it..

must be a mis print.

I wish advfilms wasnt down

I don't see it anywhere on the site.

I'm tempted, The way the CE package is setup is horrible. The DVD should fit in the case, not crammed in between the slipcase & metal case. Ordering a DVD case would make the total $84 before tax.

I'll probably still do it since I'm a moron.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Well the disc has a bunch of shit on it.. but its not 12 episodes.. its 4.. im looking right at it..

must be a mis print.

I wish advfilms wasnt down[/QUOTE]

He's talking about the Best Buy ad, not the DVD in the Collector's Edition.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Kinda weird Bestbuy ad have Vol. 1 (12 episodes) this week for $19.99. I wonder it's misprint right? Rightstuf & most place list vol. 1 only 4 episodes.[/quote]

Misprint. I was at Best Buy looking at Vol 1, which is only 4 episodes.

According to animeondvd; volumes 2 & 3 have been canned for the time being.

ADV's in financial trouble, so they're pooling their resources into Blu-Ray.

[quote name='Bezerker']ADV's in financial trouble, so they're pooling their resources into Blu-Ray.[/quote]

Gotcha, so they're abandoning DVD to support a niche format with less than 1% of the sales volume of the format they're ditching.

:roll:

well ADV isn't that great of a studio anyway...just to throw in my 2 cents

THEY HAD IT COMING TO THEM!

I will in all likelihood NOT buy anime blu-ray...not much point to me...ONLY Paprika was worth the $8 i paid for it in BR

[quote name='animemaniac14']well ADV isn't that great of a studio anyway...just to throw in my 2 cents

THEY HAD IT COMING TO THEM![/QUOTE]
Give me a fucking break. ADV was one of the first big anime companies in America, and they've released some stellar titles over the years. ADV was also one of the few companies that was created by fans for fans, and their willingness to interact with and listen to those fans was unprecedented. So how, exactly, did they "have it coming to them?"

[quote name='animemaniac14']

I will in all likelihood NOT buy anime blu-ray...not much point to me...ONLY Paprika was worth the $8 i paid for it in BR[/quote]

Where was Paprika $8? I missed out?:cry:

[quote name='yuy104']Where was Paprika $8? I missed out?:cry:[/quote]

haha...sorry i forgot to clarify...i got it AFTER trade-ins @ moviestop (trade 4 in and get $16 towards a new movie...i had a bunch of titles i got for like $1..so i traded 8 in). And BINGO! I got Paprika Blu-Ray for $8 :)

[quote name='Bezerker']According to animeondvd; volumes 2 & 3 have been canned for the time being.

ADV's in financial trouble, so they're pooling their resources into Blu-Ray.[/quote]

That is just ridiculous. Why in the hell would the abandon regular DVD for format that most people don't have? What they should do is better market themselves, rather than rely on the niche that they have right now. I'm not going to be paying even more for anime. The prices for brand new anime are extreme as it is.

Sorry, i should clairy. For the time being, theyre gathering the resources to start up their Blu-Ray line. Theyre not dropping dvd all together.

If anyone should go out of business, its Bandai Visual. $40 for every 30 minutes of video; fuck that.

Wow, so people bought the CE for the anime DVD and then the rest of them get canceled?

Thank god my CE is coming to me free, or else I'd be fucking pissed.

[quote name='Kendal']Does this magically appear on the site after I sign up? I don't get it.[/quote]

I have no idea either.

I sent an email to the website asking about it, and still no response.

I want my damn case.

Any word yet on the case?

Also what part of the manual tells about the offer ... I wasn't able to find it :whistle2:X

Man....I want my case too!!! I can't stand those annoying cardboard slipcases! Every Disc media that I own has the own case even though sometimes they come in these cases. Want an official case for once

[quote name='Neo Queen Serenity']Has anyone called ADV?

Here is their phone number.

1-800-282-7202 and press 1[/QUOTE]

I did and all I got the voice mail.

after flipping through the instruction booklet, i tried going to their site. nothing...so i emailed them like the day after DMC4 came out to ask about it. never got a response...and yeah i got the voicemail from the 800 number. freakin ADV!

IS there anyone who might have a copy of the normal Retail DVD at home who would be willing to scan in their DVD cover at a high resolution? I'm fine with buying a standard dvd case for $1.50 and making one, but the Cover sheet would be a nice thing to at least have to print out.

Here are the new release dates along with the retail price for Vol.2. It should be solicitated by the retailers fairly soon.
  • Devil May Cry, Vol.2: Level Two - $26.96 - 5/6/2008
  • Devil May Cry, Vol.2: Level Two + Artbox - $36.96 - 5/6/2008

I just got this from ADV a few minutes ago.

Hello,

Thank you for emailing ADV, currently our site is under
construction. We will have a place for you to input your information
and submit your shipping for the Devil May Cry box shortly. With this
box we will include a coupon code for you to use on our site towards the
purchase of volume 2. We are sorry for the delay and appreciate your
patience in this matter.

Thank you again,

ADV Customer Service

bread's done
Back