Do I just attract all the retards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chacrana

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Why do I always end up dealing with people who are completely useless. Had an auction end on Ebay and the guy asked if I could wait a bit for payment... I asked how long and this is the message I get:

i don't know yet sunday i was going 2 say 2 weeks but u would been tick & would have bitch slape a bad feedback on me if u know what mean i
i just need 2 think right now there a game called
wario ware touched 4 the DS is gone & im justed
anrgy not at u your cool

fuck. Does anyone have this kind of luck?

Maybe once a month.

Dude bought something, then after he buys it tells me he needs two weeks to pay for it... luckily he paid for it within 3 days because his tax return came in.

But I don't understand what that guy is saying at all.

I also seem to get a lot of people who type in all caps. They usually say something along the lines of "MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS @AOL.COM I COMMAND RESPECT WHEN YOU SHIP OR I LEAVE NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Seriously, I want to abort most of these people in the fourth trimester.

eBay is like the Langford of the internet (I'm 99.99% positive no one will understand that analogy, but it's the one I use most as Langford is municipality near me). I hate the people I deal with. Every second person I buy from or sell to has a broken caps lock key. I get wonderful stuff like...

"I HAVE SHIPPED YOUR GAME LEAVE FEEDBACK PLEASE I DID SAME"
"CAN YOU SEND ME THE RECEIPT ASAP" (I had taped the receipt to the side of the box)
"HAS THIS BEEN SHIPPED YET"
"I AM RETARDED"

So I made that last one up but all the others are real.

Youre not alone brother, I just got this message today...

"[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Hey i think theres a misunderstanding my little brother was on the computer and bid on the item... I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause... "

fucking bullshit. I replied saying he has to pay for it and just to make his little brother earn the money. I am so fucking pissed right now. This was a HUGE auction with many bids and now I am getting fucked. There were tons of other legit buyers! AHHH!

He still has to pay right? That isn't a reasonable excuse at all. By the way, the dude only has 2 feedbacks. I don't think he knows how things work yet..haha.
[/FONT]

[quote name='kevzik']Youre not alone brother, I just got this message today...

"[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Hey i think theres a misunderstanding my little brother was on the computer and bid on the item... I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause... "

fucking bullshit. I replied saying he has to pay for it and just to make his little brother earn the money. I am so fucking pissed right now. This was a HUGE auction with many bids and now I am getting fucked. There were tons of other legit buyers! AHHH!

He still has to pay right? That isn't a reasonable excuse at all. By the way, the dude only has 2 feedbacks. I don't think he knows how things work yet..haha.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]
send a second offer to the second highest bidder.

We all get some choice personalities from time to time. It's just the nature of it; you have every concievable person in every part of the world so it's going to happen that we end up with some of the less than brilliant people now and again. And if you're selling games or anything that attracts the (sad but true) young in age and/or lower common denominator in the IQ pool again you sort of have to expect it.

If you're selling a Stradivarius then most likely you'd have a different crowd.

[quote name='Chacrana']Had an auction end on Ebay and the guy asked if I could wait a bit for payment... I asked how long and this is the message I get:[/quote] Three things.

1) Just do the polite but firm response, "Sadly because of eBay's policy, if I do not recieve payment within seven days of the auctions' end, a non-paying bidder alert will be filed towards your account."

2) Wanna give us the guys name so we can block him?

3) I still say you need a t-shirt.

[quote name='Chacrana']Why do I always end up dealing with people who are completely useless. Had an auction end on Ebay and the guy asked if I could wait a bit for payment... I asked how long and this is the message I get:

i don't know yet sunday i was going 2 say 2 weeks but u would been tick & would have bitch slape a bad feedback on me if u know what mean i
anrgy not at u your cool

fuck. Does anyone have this kind of luck?[/QUOTE]

:rofl: That part alone makes me rofl.....

I had an auction for a Wii Play game only with a picture of the Wii Play game case (very large and clear).

I get this from the winner 2 days after the auction ends:

I am so sorry when I was on ebay I thought this was the actual console.....I don't need any games because I don't even have a console....,I am truly sorry.

So, yeah, doesn't quite compare to the syntax and ramblings of your buyer, but annoying nonetheless. Then when I filed for my fees, which I told her I would have to do she got upset with the "non-paying bidder alert".

I understand possibly thinking it is the whole Wii Play package (with remote) even though I was clear about that. But to think it is the whole Wii system??

I also get the occasional my son/daughter/grandson/nephew bid on this item and we don't want it excuse... There's nothing to do but offer it to the second highest bidder (annoying when it is a BIN though!) and then file for your fees in a week. The problem is these people often don't respond right away and by that time the second bidder has long since moved on.

My attempt at a translation
anrgy not at u your cool

I don't know yet. On Sunday I was going to say that I needed two weeks. But if I told you that you would have been angry and would have "bitch slapped" me with a negative feedback, if you know what I mean. I just need to think if I want to buy your game right now. There is another game called Wario Ware: Touched for the Nintendo Ds *unable to translate*. I am just angry but not at you, you are cool.

I used to ask for extensions on payment in the past, when the seller had another item for sale that I was interested in, and I was hoping to save on shipping. The sellers were usually understanding, but I think it was because they didn't like making extra trips to the post office. ^_^

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']My attempt at a translation

I don't know yet. On Sunday I was going to say that I needed two weeks. But if I told you that you would have been angry and would have "bitch slapped" me with a negative feedback, if you know what I mean. I just need to think if I want to buy your game right now. There is another game called Wario Ware: Touched for the Nintendo Ds *unable to translate*. I am just angry but not at you, you are cool.[/quote]

nice job! i'm also unable to translate that part

After message after message, I finally got my buyer to pay. Told him I would be leaving negative feedback, contacting ebay and filing a unpaid item strike. Took about 9 messages, but I eventually won.

Wow that sucks. I get retards every once in a while, like people bidding on my items and then tell me that they can only pay with a check even when I specify that I only accept PayPal (I have since blocked such users), or retards deciding that "they don't want the game anymore"...and the ones I hate the most are the

"HAVE U SHIPED MY GAME YET!?!?! I PAYED U 2 MINUTES AGO!!!111"

morons! :bomb:

I've only dealt with one retard in my life and it was a seller. The bitch was a psycho lady who claimed to be the wife of the 'state representative' of Missouri (or maybe it was Mississippi).

All over a question about the condition of the game I received (she said mint, it wasn't mint).

[quote name='Chacrana']Why do I always end up dealing with people who are completely useless. Had an auction end on Ebay and the guy asked if I could wait a bit for payment... I asked how long and this is the message I get:

fuck. Does anyone have this kind of luck?[/quote]

No. I put all this into my policy and make it exceptionally clear. Pay in one week. No personal checks. Immediate contact of winning of auction, etc. Sometimes I just go straight BINs and don't waste my time with the auctions.

God dammit... and I just got this message from someone else:

It has been nearly two weeks since payment had been recieved. Is there a problem in delivery?

It's been three days. This douche can suck my fucking cock. Except they'd probably give me down syndrome regardless of the fact that it's not contagious.

Yeah I've got an idiot ebay story. My buddy was selling an item, and the winning bidder left him negative feedback right after buying it, saying "BEWARE! deadbeat bidder! did not pay, just disappered." Take note, my buddy was the seller.

Er...this is awkward. By now, I was sure that somebody else would have had this conversation with you.

You are one of the "retards".

I guess I got lucky so far. The one non paying bidder agreed to pay my listing fees and we move on.

to be honest Ebay wouldn't exist without people like that OP.
who the fuck else is going to pay $4000 for a damn PS3? or better yet $150 for a damn Electric Blue DS... as in an original fatty DS where they retail for under $130 at most stores new. I sold mine used over the summer.

So yea, gotta take the bad with the good. Hopefully he gives you grammatically correct positive feedback.

Its perfectly legit to ask a seller if you can hold off on paying for one item if you are bidding on other items that the seller has in order to combine shipping and save trips to the post office. I wouldn't have a problem with this as long as the person asked nicely and was legit, I have done it for people in the past as well.

I seem to get the people who like to respond in all caps or in all lowercase letters (that isn't so bad though), but all caps is pretty bad. Either that or they like to yell at you for no reason. I don't mind questions if its a legit question about an item, but if its a question that is already answered in the item description I just don't answer.

I also get people who just won't respond at all, and just recently I had a person who wouldn't respond and whos email bounced. Since I have a policy that I always leave a negative for non payment (due to outrageous fees and ebay not allowing free relists for any reason anymore), I left a neg saying that the person doesn't respond and email bounces. Of course I take the proper steps before leaving a neg like filing an item dispute, but it seems I have to leave more and more negs lately. Odd thing is I never get any retalitory neg..

Pointing to ebay policy and writing a professional email does help though if you have a problem. I also block all users that I have problems with no matter what, because I do get repeat customers occasionaly, and I don't want the same problem users coming back to bid on my auctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back