Do we really need a Paul Bearer Memorial Thread? Ohhhhhhhhh Yeeeeessss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from a Raw brand house show. Decent stuff, Ziggler/Jericho street fight was good, a three way Cesaro/Miz/Kofi, Shield vs Cena,Sheamus and Ryback was a good match. Cesaro was the only heel who won on the night, and Punk was advertised but didn't appear.

I wonder who is going to get a wellness violation first, Big E Langston or Roman Reigns. Both guys are massive on TV but they look bigger in person. And AJ Lee was looking hot as well, but got booted from ringside after about 5 minutes which made me sad.

Personal highlight of the night, Shield coming out for their match, and everybody is looking around, all of a sudden my buddy sitting behind me notices all the security where we were and and all of a sudden about three seats away from me at the stairs is Dean Ambrose. Wish I unlocked my phone quicker :lol: Got a video at least but damn not going to lie kind of the most badass moment I have had at any show I have attended.

[quote name='Brak']AAAAOOOOOOOH WHATTA TUSH![/QUOTE]

Bad Influence just might be the most entertaining thing in wrestling right now. First Braveheart while in England and then this. Throwback Thursday indeed.

Didn't Daniels look STRAIGHT!!!!!! out of Mortal Kombat with the LoD attire?

Throwback Thursday.....has such a good ring to it. Can't wait to see what's next for Throwback Thursday. I was happy to see how much heat A&8's got. Seeing people throw stuff in the ring brought back good memories of when people did it to the nWo.

Bad Influence was amazing on Thursday. However, my personal favorite moment from Impact had to be Aries struggling to apply the Scorpion Death Lock to Sting and yelling:

"How do you do this crap!?"

[quote name='diddy310']Batista being cast as Drax automatically makes him the 2nd most successful wrestler to actor...sorry Vince :D. I figured Jason Momoa would have beaten him out for it.[/QUOTE]

Momoa wanted a lot of money, like he was entitled to it when he's been in two piss poor movies in the past two years. Stargate Atlantis and Game of Thrones were good, but Conan and Bullet to the Head pretty much sucked ass. I would have liked to see Momoa in the role too, but Batista can play the role. He's just a green dude who swings a giant axe.

[quote name='bg88']Bad Influence was amazing on Thursday. However, my personal favorite moment from Impact had to be Aries struggling to apply the Scorpion Death Lock to Sting and yelling:

"How do you do this crap!?"[/QUOTE]

Bad Influence never fails to make me at least smile.

Who ever said that TNA hitting the road makes them look and feel like a bigger show is right.

And there's something I find insufferable about Matt Morgan but I'm not quite sure what it is. Maybe his late-1990s hair style? Hmm.

[quote name='Chase']Bad Influence never fails to make me at least smile.

Who ever said that TNA hitting the road makes them look and feel like a bigger show is right.

And there's something I find insufferable about Matt Morgan but I'm not quite sure what it is. Maybe his late-1990s hair style? Hmm.[/QUOTE]

The horrible tattoo?

He really needs to shave his head bald. He'd look like a boist.

[quote name='bg88']Bad Influence was amazing on Thursday. However, my personal favorite moment from Impact had to be Aries struggling to apply the Scorpion Death Lock to Sting and yelling:

"How do you do this crap!?"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have to amend my earlier statement and say it's a tie between Bad Influence and Aries. It's been a long time since I've eagerly looked forward to watching a wrestling show week to week but Impact is definitely doing it. Keep on keepin' on, TNA.

[quote name='GhostShark']...but Batista can play the role. He's just a green dude who swings a giant axe.[/QUOTE]

And dumb. Don't forget dumb.

[quote name='Chase']Bad Influence never fails to make me at least smile.

Who ever said that TNA hitting the road makes them look and feel like a bigger show is right.[/QUOTE]

Why, you're welcome. :)

MURICA%20SHIRT%20FOR%20SALE%20BACKUP.jpg

http://barbershopwindow.com/murica.htm

:lol:

Those shirts have been increasingly horrible as time goes on. I understand they can't all be home runs, but it's been a solid few months without a half decent shirt idea.

[quote name='mykevermin']The big bossman shirt is pretty rad.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, I forgot about that one. Outside of Bossman, it's been slim pickings.

He might be better suited to put some of the actual wrestling memes onto shirts instead of some of the 'off the wall' shit he has been using.

I'm certain this has been discussed before in great lengths, but do any of you have pet peeves as wrestling fans? I.E. hearing someone insist that there were more than 1 Ultimate Warrior? Years ago I worked with a lady who would NOT stop saying "Macho Man Randy Travis". I corrected her and she FREAKED OUT, insisting that she has been a fan since she was little and that was his name. I googled it, brought in DVDs and such with his name printed on it and she kept saying things like "They have it wrong" or "he must have changed his name at some point".

I pointed out that Randy Travis IS a real person, just not a wrestler. (Country singer) That didn't help my cause.

She only had 6 teeth or so and weighed over 450 pounds. Not being judgmental, just trying to paint you a picture.

[quote name='Spyder187']Macho Man Randy Travis is getting the heck beat out of him by the tag team of Brooks and Dunn. What a maneuver![/QUOTE]
We've got thunder rolling through the arena, is it him? It's GARTH BROOKS!!!

I know it's a stretch but I spent a whole 30 seconds trying to continue it.

I know there's a new thread pending already, but that shit better be changed to "The Macho Man Randy Travis Wrestling Thread" ... fucking STAT.

[quote name='JP']We've got thunder rolling through the arena, is it him? It's GARTH BROOKS!!!

I know it's a stretch but I spent a whole 30 seconds trying to continue it.[/QUOTE]

I smiled when I pictured Garth Brooks performing Rolling Thunder. :applause:

The Brooks-End? Stick a fork in him, he's DUNN.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']I smiled when I pictured Garth Brooks performing Rolling Thunder. :applause:

The Brooks-End? Stick a fork in him, he's DUNN.[/QUOTE]
Now my head is just filling up with my country/wrestling crossovers. Terrible.

Wow! @ Vince McMahon shitting at Congress through Cole. Not that Congress isn't a cesspool of rich, white morons, but moreso at McMahon's personality.

[quote name='Brak']Wow! @ Vince McMahon shitting at Congress through Cole. Not that Congress isn't a cesspool of rich, white morons, but moreso at McMahon's personality.[/QUOTE]

What did I miss? I'm watching the Flyers be awful at hockey.

Anyone know the name of that rap song played during the bumper for Rock & Cena before ads started? It sampled "Going The Distance" from Rocky

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']I'm certain this has been discussed before in great lengths, but do any of you have pet peeves as wrestling fans? I.E. hearing someone insist that there were more than 1 Ultimate Warrior? Years ago I worked with a lady who would NOT stop saying "Macho Man Randy Travis". I corrected her and she FREAKED OUT, insisting that she has been a fan since she was little and that was his name. I googled it, brought in DVDs and such with his name printed on it and she kept saying things like "They have it wrong" or "he must have changed his name at some point".

I pointed out that Randy Travis IS a real person, just not a wrestler. (Country singer) That didn't help my cause.

She only had 6 teeth or so and weighed over 450 pounds. Not being judgmental, just trying to paint you a picture.[/QUOTE]

Just did a Google search for "Macho Man Randy Travis." Apparently, she's not the only one to make the mistake.

Scrubbing through clips. Fandango's complete entrance is pretty neat. Crowd gives him a reaction, which is good. Waiting for Vince to tire of the gimmick and completely forget about him. I give him two months before Curtis is back to jobbing to Khali in squash matches.

Is this Twitter ticker a new thing? I- I think I actually like it.

Miz looks like Alred E. Neuman, tho I think Neuman would be more over as a baby face.

Titus O'Neil is pretty funny and very amusing. And John Cena squashing Black Cena is not how to put over anyone. Yeah, WWE gave the PTP some airtime, but squash matches help no one. Said this last week, but the way Kevin Steen put over Grizzly Redwood yet flat-out won is how to work these matches between main-event-tier and lower-card-tier wrasslers. WWE is careless.

Edit: Just caught this while checking my e-mail. I am not one to care about another's celebrity but this got a genuine "Wow, that's pretty damn neat" reaction from me. Figure you guys would be the best crowd to share.

68YVoUX.png

Last edited by a moderator:
my raw thoughts...
so last week no cena, no rock.... understandable since they had such a cool angle with taker, kane, punk...
this week we get a funny cm punk playing with the urn... but nothing in ring...

we got like the 8th awesome match with ziggler in a row... he's showcasing his skills and having entertaining matches.

ryback is goldberg no matter how they do anything with him... both were horrible speakers... him having a match with mark henry just makes me cringe.

the USA chants during del rio's match were hilarious. im sure when they replay the match on saturday mornings or whatever it will not be there.

shield vs. rko, ronald, green giant... could be good if they showcase the shield.
i was hoping the shield gets revealed as helping punk and being in heymans group... and a big reveal of Punk, Lesnar, Shield one day... but eh.

the whole HHH/dangerously thing was stupid. not sure if heyman was supposed to bleed he looked like he tried to blade at some point. i think hhh was gonna sign the contract with heyman's blood. but then again i doubt it. the stephanie joke was hilarious. but the whole stipulation "no holds barred, and your career is on the line..." my reaction was the same as the live audience... who cares...

and last but not least... WTF is going on with the show lasting 15 or 16 minutes past the hour... i mean the show is already 3 hours long, you really need to go past the hour by 15 minutes???

sorry for the rambling and the grammar. :)

The crowd was dead for most of the HHH/Brock segment. WWE crews will definitely pipe audience reaction sounds in for replays. The whole "your career is on the line!" statement is way overused. It might mean more if Triple H had been used regularly in the past.. oh, three or four years. Also, didn't he already retire once on Raw last fall?

[quote name='mykevermin']"somewhat vegan"?

Not trying to be judgmental, but somewhat vegan = not vegan, yes?[/QUOTE]

Nice catch, sir. Lemme elaborate. I eat vegan but my supplements aren't vegan. However, supplements aren't food. Hence "somewhat vegan." ;)

I think this is the first Wrestlemania I've ever said this about because I usually look forward to at least one match, but on paper, this WM looks like it might suck.

Sticking Ziggler in a throwaway tag match(yes, I know it's for the titles, but they're worthless now), Jericho possibly getting put in a match with Fahndahngo, Cena vs Rock again, ADR having the worst face-turn championship run ever besides maybe 2004 Orton, etc. I'll watch, but I won't pay to watch.

Welp, since WWE was terrible I suppose, let's talk about Bully Ray taunting the crowd. Was it "over the line" for him to go straight to homophobic taunts? I thought so in the past (when CM Punk did it), but for some reason not even this triggers my hypersensitive, ultra-PC (and proudly so) "that's going too far" radar.

It's Bully Ray, we're supposed to hate his fucking guts. This solidifies that. Sure, it's cheap and easy, but it's effective.

Also getting over as a heel this week: Michelle Shocked. Color me...shocked.

[quote name='mykevermin']Also getting over as a heel this week: Michelle Shocked. Color me...shocked.[/QUOTE]

... who?

Not going to lie, first thing that came to mind:
02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back