Dodonpachi Resurrection (360) REGION FREE PAL Import £27.35 shipped (or less)

kurtori

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere so thought I'd start a thread for it. The Cave shmup known in Japan as "Dodonpachi Dai Fukkatsu" is getting a Western release in Europe only, to be published by Rising Star Games. The game will be a PAL release and include a CD soundtrack for at least the first shipments. The game will be region-free for North American Xbox 360 systems but will NOT play on Japanese Xbox 360 systems.

Check out the trailer here: http://youtu.be/xkZ8grT5Jr0

Release date is 11/4/11.
The retail price will be £29.99, but the best price I've found so far is £24.85 + shipping at ShopTo.net. I've listed all the places I've found pre-selling it below. If you don't want to bother with importing, you can pre-order from NCS in New York for a marked-up price:

ShopTo.Net ** Best Price ** - £24.85 + £2.50 standard airmail to USA (or £5.50 registered airmail to USA)

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2DO01-Dodonpachi%20Resurrection%20Deluxe%20Edition.html

HMV.com - £29.99 + £4.50 standard airmail to USA
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=300822

Amazon.de (Germany) - 27.99 EUR + shipping (see site for shipping options)
http://www.amazon.de/Rising-Star-DoDonPachi-Resurrection-Edition/dp/B005GYKC6M

NCSX.com (in USA) - $65.90 + shipping (see site for shipping options)

http://www.shopncsx.com/ddpresurrection.aspx

Amazon.co.uk - £26.99 - DOES NOT SHIP TO USA
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dodonpachi-Resurrection-Deluxe-Xbox-360/dp/B005F1YCLM/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jeffx']DVD.co.uk replied saying they would refund within 72 hours

I'm thinking they just never shipped it.

RollingSkull: I'm about to drop 100$+ on the Under Defeat HD Limited Edition. COME AT ME BRO.[/QUOTE]

Hey there is UD:HD region free? I hate spending so much on shmups but I feel if you dont get them early you pay a huge premium. I just paid $100 for Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets

[quote name='SePh1r0tH']FINALLY got my copy today from dvd.co.uk. Pre ordered and it shipped on the 7th. I also got an email saying they will refund in 72 hours. fuck honesty after a month I'm just gonna be an ass.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit so they did ship them, perhaps there is still hope for my copy. Was the copy in good condition?

[quote name='CDiablo']Hey there is UD:HD region free? I hate spending so much on shmups but I feel if you dont get them early you pay a huge premium. I just paid $100 for Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets

Holy shit so they did ship them, perhaps there is still hope for my copy. Was the copy in good condition?[/QUOTE]

Yes sir, perfect condition!

[quote name='SePh1r0tH']FINALLY got my copy today from dvd.co.uk. Pre ordered and it shipped on the 7th. I also got an email saying they will refund in 72 hours. fuck honesty after a month I'm just gonna be an ass.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's a DISMAL shipping time! Like 36 days, unbelievable. They said they'd ship me another copy and to "let them know if the first copy arrives", which I will gladly do; regardless of the frustration, if I did actually get two copies from them, I'd want to pay for what I got. Its only fair. We'll see what happens, but I wonder just WTF is going on when something they ship can take that long to arrive? That's just beyond believable.

[quote name='CDiablo']Hey there is UD:HD region free? I hate spending so much on shmups but I feel if you dont get them early you pay a huge premium. I just paid $100 for Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets[/QUOTE]

I'm going for the PS3 UD:HD, it'll look nice next to my mamoru-kun limited edition.

As for MMP/PS I really lucked out and got it for ~4800yen on amazon.co.jp (it was a pricing mistake though) and dv8cag.com delivered it to Canada

My preordered copy also showed up today. I was just about to fire off a complaint email, but good thing I didn't get around to it. I suspect everyone else will get theirs over the next few days.

Seriously? They're coming in?! Absolute WORST possible outcome, missing the Zaavi deal and now this. I couldn't take two copies of the game off their hands for the price of one; it wouldn't be right. And I'd really rather not try to ship it back.

Dammit, I don't know what to do. Should I tell them to wait a week to ship mine? But then would I not get mine? Should probably have sprung for a better shipping option. Dammit dammit dammit.

Damn, just in the nick of too late. I already mailed them, they already apologized and said they were sending a replacement copy.

I'll return anything damaged and/or not the deluxe edition. If I end up with 2 good copies I'll email them and see what they want me to do, but I'm not paying their return shipping.

Seems like some back and fourth stories. Well if it helps, I'll say I got my copy in perfect condition. Took about 2 weeks I think.

I have also been promised a refund. Can't really blame them for the carrier's failure (and they charged peanuts for international shipping) and they certainly seem to be stepping up for all of us. They should certainly look into an upgraded shipping option, though.

Now, my damn Zavvi copy better show up. I'm already waiting too long on that one as well.

[quote name='bigbadboaz']I have also been promised a refund. Can't really blame them for the carrier's failure (and they charged peanuts for international shipping) and they certainly seem to be stepping up for all of us. They should certainly look into an upgraded shipping option, though.

Now, my damn Zavvi copy better show up. I'm already waiting too long on that one as well.[/QUOTE]

When did you order your Zavvi copy? I ordered mine on 11/27 and it arrived 12/12.

Got a refund from dvd.co.uk yesterday, and then today the game arrives in the mail. All I can say is dvd.co got Royally (mail) fucked, because I'm not returning the game. After having to wait this long, I figure I deserve a free game.

I also received my copy today.
Just a day after I got the email saying my replacement copy had been shipped. :/
Also, does anyone know if there will be any real significant changes made to Under Defeat HD?

I have also just received my copy from 11/7. Replacement was already shipped. I'll ask what they want me to do. Still no idea WTF was up with that delay.

[quote name='theclaw']It might be some problem with UK's post service. I recently had a Mega Drive from ebay apparently disappear too.[/QUOTE]

They recently privatized the postal service in England. The US isn't too far behind once Obama is out and free enterprise is in.

[quote name='chunlirocks']They recently privatized the postal service in England. The US isn't too far behind once Obama is out and free enterprise is in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah worst part for me was the item's legitimate rarity here, I have little chance finding that model from a US seller. Of course our TVs often cannot run it anyway being 50hz.

At least I got refunded when I'd asked about delivery. Without even having to directly request the money back. Heh.

Bringing up politics in a non politics thread is a bad thing to do and you should feel bad.

Yes I should ignore it but you deserve to be told by at least one internets dude that you are not cool.

[quote name='Rsmobile']Bringing up politics in a non politics thread is a bad thing to do and you should feel bad.

Yes I should ignore it but you deserve to be told by at least one internets dude that you are not cool.[/QUOTE]

Hey it could be 80s cartoons instead. Cowabunga!

Got my copy from Zavvi today. Not sure if I should be surprised that it only took 2 1/2 weeks or that it did take that long.

I waited to ask for a refund because everyone started receiving their copies, but as of today, still nothing from dvd.co.uk.

I requested a refund and if it still shows up, oh well. I gave them well over the 25 day limit as I waited as people started getting their copies; I'm sick of being patient at this point.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Zavvi order showed. DVD.CO.UK still AWOL.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, so dvd.co.uk is supposedly shipping another copy. At least I have one copy, haven't opened it yet though.

I'm not sure if it's the resend or the original, but a copy from DVD.CO.UK finally showed up on Saturday.

I guess I'll know next month. Now to eBay this extra.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Is this the same game as DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu Black Label?[/QUOTE]

I believe Black Label is a DLC for it. Which means if you're in the U.S. you probably won't be able to get it.

In Japan the 1.5 and Black Label versions were separate releases. I have the Japanese Black Label version and was wondering if I'd get the 1.5 content or any other content I don't already have if I got the UK release.

I just got my copy of the game today..only took over a month. LOL My order shipped Nov 7th at dvd.uk like many here. The game is in perfect condition though the bubble envelope has a hole in it. Guess customs had to make sure there wasn't a bomb in it. ;)

My dvd.co.uk order finally arrived today. I ordered on Oct. 27th. Pretty crazy, but I'm happy now. Can you just buy a UK points card somewhere and buy the DLC with it? Not sure what that would cost, though. Probably I'll just live without.

[quote name='crunchewy']My dvd.co.uk order finally arrived today. I ordered on Oct. 27th. Pretty crazy, but I'm happy now. Can you just buy a UK points card somewhere and buy the DLC with it? Not sure what that would cost, though. Probably I'll just live without.[/QUOTE]

My dvd.co.uk order, submitted 11/3 and shipped 11/7, never showed up. I contacted them by email about a week ago and they said they are going to ship another copy. In the meantime, the Zavvi copy I ordered 11/27 already arrived. Not sure what the problem is with dvd.co.uk but their orders seem to either take forever or never arrive.

Not sure about the DLC issue; I think someone said you have to have a UK Live account to get the extra content, though.

Sorry to bump this "old" thread, but my original order of DDP from Dvd.co.Uk, shipped 11/7 just arrived today (12/21)! That was 45 days from ship date to delivery, just insane! So anyone still waiting may have this delivered. Apparently they ship "Royal Airmail", whereas Zavvi ships "Priority Airmail", and my Zavvi order arrived in 2 weeks.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Sorry to bump this "old" thread, but my original order of DDP from Dvd.co.Uk, shipped 11/7 just arrived today (12/21)! That was 45 days from ship dare to delivery, just insane! So anyone still waiting may have this delivered. Apparently they ship "Royal Airmail", whereas Zavvi ships "Priority Airmail", and my Zavvi order arrived in 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

I'll consider it an old thread when more than a small fraction of people receive their game.

Has anyone who has received their 1st copy contacted the company letting them know it's shown up? I want to know what their response is.

[quote name='crunchewy']My dvd.co.uk order finally arrived today. I ordered on Oct. 27th. Pretty crazy, but I'm happy now. Can you just buy a UK points card somewhere and buy the DLC with it? Not sure what that would cost, though. Probably I'll just live without.[/QUOTE]

I received some digital MSP codes from Bestbuy for purchasing gears of war a few months back. I used that code (800) on DDP DLC last week along with TMNT 1989 arcade. Perhaps you can try the MSP that bing rewards gives out?

[quote name='Zurcamos']Has anyone who has received their 1st copy contacted the company letting them know it's shown up? I want to know what their response is.[/QUOTE]

Not yet, but I'm going to once the 2nd copy arrives and will post their response here. (1st copy has the case slightly cracked on the bottom so I'm waiting to see if the 2nd is better... I know, piddly first-world problems, but dammit I waited almost a month for this game so I'd like it in the best condition possible.)

[quote name='morrodox']Not yet, but I'm going to once the 2nd copy arrives and will post their response here. (1st copy has the case slightly cracked on the bottom so I'm waiting to see if the 2nd is better... I know, piddly first-world problems, but dammit I waited almost a month for this game so I'd like it in the best condition possible.)[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. This all sounds good to me. To be honest, I haven't received a copy yet (I preordered), and I already thought about doing the same thing, if need be. I will definitely look for the posted response.

[quote name='Zurcamos']I'll consider it an old thread when more than a small fraction of people receive their game.

Has anyone who has received their 1st copy contacted the company letting them know it's shown up? I want to know what their response is.[/QUOTE]

I did contact dvd.co.uk to let them know the original copy arrived; if nothing else, it should help them overhaul the terrible shipping through Royal Mail (45 days for my first order). I told them also that IF the second copy arrived, I would contact them again and arrange for reasonable payment to them for it; seems just too silly to ship it back to them after all this time. If the 2nd copy arrives that will give me 3 copies, and I'll be glad to sell one of the dvd.co.uk copies at cost + my shipping charge to a local (U.S.) CAG. So far the two copies I got seem to be perfect, so we'll see what happens if a 3rd arrives (the reship from dvd.co.uk), and I'll post in this thread when that happens . . . which, by experience, would be sometime late January 2012! :cold:

I got my second copy yesterday (just over a week since they shipped it) and have emailed dvd.co.uk to ask them what they want me to do. Guessing I won't hear from them until after Christmas but if they get back today I'll share what they tell me here.

I'm looking for a copy as well but the OP hasn't updated it in a while so if someone could update me on where to buy the cheapest copy (or let me know if you want to sell your extra copy) that would be great!

They got back to me over the weekend and said they'd either pay me for shipping to send the duplicate copy back (uninsured, no tracking) or I could keep it and they'd recharge my card for just the base price of the game, no shipping cost. I took the second option.

bread's done
Back