Dodonpachi Resurrection (360) REGION FREE PAL Import £27.35 shipped (or less)

kurtori

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere so thought I'd start a thread for it. The Cave shmup known in Japan as "Dodonpachi Dai Fukkatsu" is getting a Western release in Europe only, to be published by Rising Star Games. The game will be a PAL release and include a CD soundtrack for at least the first shipments. The game will be region-free for North American Xbox 360 systems but will NOT play on Japanese Xbox 360 systems.

Check out the trailer here: http://youtu.be/xkZ8grT5Jr0

Release date is 11/4/11.
The retail price will be £29.99, but the best price I've found so far is £24.85 + shipping at ShopTo.net. I've listed all the places I've found pre-selling it below. If you don't want to bother with importing, you can pre-order from NCS in New York for a marked-up price:

ShopTo.Net ** Best Price ** - £24.85 + £2.50 standard airmail to USA (or £5.50 registered airmail to USA)

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2DO01-Dodonpachi%20Resurrection%20Deluxe%20Edition.html

HMV.com - £29.99 + £4.50 standard airmail to USA
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=300822

Amazon.de (Germany) - 27.99 EUR + shipping (see site for shipping options)
http://www.amazon.de/Rising-Star-DoDonPachi-Resurrection-Edition/dp/B005GYKC6M

NCSX.com (in USA) - $65.90 + shipping (see site for shipping options)

http://www.shopncsx.com/ddpresurrection.aspx

Amazon.co.uk - £26.99 - DOES NOT SHIP TO USA
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dodonpachi-Resurrection-Deluxe-Xbox-360/dp/B005F1YCLM/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered mine finally from dvd.co.uk as it was the cheapest and hope I don't end up regretting it! It ended up costing me £21.28 however much that is in U.S. currency. Hopefully it'll arrive before Xmas as a nice nifty gift for myself ;)

Not sure to start a new thread or add to this one.

But, for Cyber Monday Videogamesnewyork is selling the game for $44.99 (regular price is $49.99) with free shipping. Probably the cheapest price you'll find domestically.

Still nothing from the fail site, and its about to hit 3 weeks. So it looks like its not going to show up and I'm going have to wait another month to get it... Great service.

Yea, I'm not real happy with dvd.co.uk either.

Ordered November 6th, shipped on the 7th, still nothing.

Ordered something from Play Asia a week later using the slowest shipping possible, and it just got here today, so my reasoning of "Well, its overseas, I'll give them time" starts to crumble at this point.

Not having any sort of tracking on it is getting to be a pain in the ass either, as I have no idea where it could be.

Well, at least you guys give me hope that my package will still eventually arrive. I don't really blame them as I would expect standard airmail to be slow, but I've had several packages stolen at this damn apartment building so each day that passes makes it seem more likely I've just lost my game. Fittingly enough, with all the games available this holiday this is the one I wanted most.

I've never once had a package stolen, So its not that(2 I sent were). And all my other imports have come within about 2 weeks. This is already 3 full weeks, and their policy is 28 days.

I'm just gonna ask for a refund, because if it fails again, that's over 2 months of waiting.

Mine arrived Wed. Played it with friend on Thanksgiving. This game is truly amazing. Setup UK account to get black label and 1.51 dlc and I'm all set. Got mine from Shopto and it took a little longer this time than normal. Shipped on release day.

Was setting up a UK account as simple as making up an address in England, or are there more hoops to jump through? If mine ever arrives I definitely want Black Label as well - looks like a whole separate game!

[quote name='NegativeZero']I've bought from thehut before and they were good, but this time around I went with HMV since there order system wasnt as complicated as that shopTo site. My hmv has not shipped yet though. I would like to re-order at the hut but It doesnt show it being the Deluxe Edition on the hut.

Do you guys know if there a difference/multiple editions out there or are they all the same thing?[/QUOTE]

So I did re-order and forghot to cancel 1st order both shipped the same day and both arrived on the same day. So now I'm stuck with two copies.

Thanks very much for the Zavvi heads-up. Just ordered since my dvd.co.uk copy may very well be lost. At $25 I can chance ending up with a duplicate copy.

Look one page back to see who has received the game already from dvd.co.uk. I have already mentioned that packages tend to disappear where I live. Regardless, I was just thanking another poster - don't see why you felt the need to snipe..?

Has anyone who has yet to receive the game from dvd.co.uk sent them an email yet?

Just curious what they had to say about all this. I'll send one myself once I'm able to check the mail and find out that my game still isn't here.

They don't consider a package lost until 25 working days after shipment, so I think it's too soon to contact them. The wording on their policy implies that they will take it in good faith and possibly re-ship once the time has passed, however.

I've been ordering from DVD.CO.UK for a couple of years now and while it has taken longer to receive items lately (it took over a month for my last PS3 game), they always do show up. Whatever shipping company they use is just plain slow and I would assume customs clearance adds to the delay as well on both ends. In any event, for $1.50 shipping, I'm not complaining, especially since the US importers like NCSX are essentially charging double MSRP for this game plus US shipping.

[quote name='bigbadboaz']They don't consider a package lost until 25 working days after shipment, so I think it's too soon to contact them. The wording on their policy implies that they will take it in good faith and possibly re-ship once the time has passed, however.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks.

And thanks to you to Bojay.

[quote name='animalspinners']Has anyone who has yet to receive the game from dvd.co.uk sent them an email yet?

Just curious what they had to say about all this. I'll send one myself once I'm able to check the mail and find out that my game still isn't here.[/QUOTE]

Ditto to what bigbadboaz said.
I still haven't recieved my copy either, but I'm waiting until next monday to send an email.

What I'm saying is many people have not received their copies yet. I know of a dozen or so personally. I suspect we won't get them for another week at the earliest.

Just as a heads-up, zavvi.com's still got it for 14.95 GBP plus .99 GBP international shipping for "mega monday" (which was extended to Tuesday).

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/dodonpachi-resurrection/10566189.html

Not sure what other peoples' experiences are but I've been pretty happy with Zavvi overall. I've bought Europe-only DS and Wii games from them on three occasions recently and the packages have all arrived within a week or less of placing the order. The only exception was a game that was backordered (Inazuma Eleven), but that arrived within a few days of the shipping notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll chime in to say I haven't gotten my dvd.co.uk order either, seems that way for most people in the States . . . so I ordered a copy from Zavvi just to be sure (chunlirocks had the same issue and also ordered another from Zavvi). I'll just sit tight for now, should get a copy (or two) either way.

I emailed dvd.co.uk about not having yet received my order and here is their response.

"we can not consider a parcel lost until 25 working days have passed, however, this does not happen very often and it is still very likely that this shipment will arrive within the 25 working days. Please note that the first working day is from the day after your item has been despatched and is Monday through to Friday excluding bank holidays."

"If you have not received your order within 25 working days from the dispatch date, please respond to this email and we will arrange for a replacement to be delivered."

So 25 working days. I ordered on the 7th, so it's only been 16 working days since then. Sounds like we'll still be getting the game, it's just that the mail service they use is slow as ass.

Yeah, most likely... I just don't understand it. They supposedly use UK Royal Airmail and I don't see how their service would be so much slower than anybody else's. I've had imports shipped from Hong Kong with the slowest available service and they still took less than three weeks.

As long as it gets here, it's fine, especially for the price. You just start to wonder after a certain amount of time.

[quote name='bigbadboaz']Yeah, most likely... I just don't understand it. They supposedly use UK Royal Airmail and I don't see how their service would be so much slower than anybody else's. I've had imports shipped from Hong Kong with the slowest available service and they still took less than three weeks.

As long as it gets here, it's fine, especially for the price. You just start to wonder after a certain amount of time.[/QUOTE]

I ordered something from Play Asia a week after ordering Dodonpachi and used the slowest possible shipping.

I got that Play-Asia package a few days ago (and I'm on the east coast), and I'm still waiting on Dodonpachi.

I really don't get it either. Luckily there's never really a reason for me to import anything from the UK but if there is, I'll definitely go with a different company.

sent them an email and they pulled the same 25 working days shit on me.

Thinking about just doing a chargeback and saying fuck them, if they don't let me just take a refund instead.

Wow. Lots of dvd.co.uk complaints. I just wanted to throw it out there that I ordered mine on November 11th after seeing this thread and I received it on the 21st. It was my first time ordering there so I'd be upset too if it didn't show up by now. I hope I wasn't an exception and everyone gets their copy eventually. I'm in Massachusetts if that helps.

I had actually emailed them earlier when they didn't ship promptly on release date. They sent me back an automated general reply which included pretty much all their shipping policies... this included the international lost package guideline.

My copy shipped from Zavvi yesterday. Also ordered Freshly Picked - Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland on the DS, but that didn't ship until today. Wonder which one will get here first.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I got my game today from dvd.co.uk and it was perfect! Was sent in a bubble envelope and no damage to the game, brand new sealed. Going to play it in a bit :)[/QUOTE]

Lucky Bastard ! ENJOY!

[quote name='animalspinners']Anybody else get their copy yet from dvd.co.uk?[/QUOTE]

Mine arrived on 11/29. It arrived flawless. Couldn't be happier.

[quote name='animalspinners']Still nothing for me -- Tuesday will make a month at this point from when it shipped.

Unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

For real - I'm in the same boat. I've never had anything take this long to "cross the pond"

[quote name='bigbadboaz']Was setting up a UK account as simple as making up an address in England, or are there more hoops to jump through? If mine ever arrives I definitely want Black Label as well - looks like a whole separate game![/QUOTE]

Google it for details. Basically you setup UK account and then buy UK MS points on ebay. It was 880 points for all the game dlc. Must create a valid UK address. I used Cadbury's.

bread's done
Back