Dodonpachi Resurrection (360) REGION FREE PAL Import £27.35 shipped (or less)

kurtori

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere so thought I'd start a thread for it. The Cave shmup known in Japan as "Dodonpachi Dai Fukkatsu" is getting a Western release in Europe only, to be published by Rising Star Games. The game will be a PAL release and include a CD soundtrack for at least the first shipments. The game will be region-free for North American Xbox 360 systems but will NOT play on Japanese Xbox 360 systems.

Check out the trailer here: http://youtu.be/xkZ8grT5Jr0

Release date is 11/4/11.
The retail price will be £29.99, but the best price I've found so far is £24.85 + shipping at ShopTo.net. I've listed all the places I've found pre-selling it below. If you don't want to bother with importing, you can pre-order from NCS in New York for a marked-up price:

ShopTo.Net ** Best Price ** - £24.85 + £2.50 standard airmail to USA (or £5.50 registered airmail to USA)

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2DO01-Dodonpachi%20Resurrection%20Deluxe%20Edition.html

HMV.com - £29.99 + £4.50 standard airmail to USA
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=300822

Amazon.de (Germany) - 27.99 EUR + shipping (see site for shipping options)
http://www.amazon.de/Rising-Star-DoDonPachi-Resurrection-Edition/dp/B005GYKC6M

NCSX.com (in USA) - $65.90 + shipping (see site for shipping options)

http://www.shopncsx.com/ddpresurrection.aspx

Amazon.co.uk - £26.99 - DOES NOT SHIP TO USA
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dodonpachi-Resurrection-Deluxe-Xbox-360/dp/B005F1YCLM/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Anyone get a shipping notice on this yet?[/QUOTE]

I got one from Shopto. Had a picture of the package with shipping label as well.

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Anyone get a shipping notice on this yet?[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting on dvd.co.uk to ship mine, but apparently amazon.co.uk, and thehut.com have it in stock now.
hmv.com has it listed as being released on the 11th.

I got my shipping confirmation from ShopTo on Wed 11/2. :)

Trying to order from ShopTo and I get this message when i enter my credit card:

The Vendor Rule Bases disallow this card range.

What does that mean ?

[quote name='thegreek']Where's the best and cheapest place to order this online? Amazon.de price comes out to about $55 US.[/QUOTE]

dvd.co.uk comes out to $34 shipped.

The price changes once you are in checkout to 19.99 in pounds and shipping is only like a pound or so.

[quote name='animalspinners']dvd.co.uk comes out to $34 shipped.

The price changes once you are in checkout to 19.99 in pounds and shipping is only like a pound or so.[/QUOTE]

I ordered from this site as well, great price. Unfortunately the status of the product is still "New Release - Awaiting Stock from Supplier". Oh well, I'm just happy that this product is actually getting an English (region-free) release!

[quote name='chimpmeister']I ordered from this site as well, great price. Unfortunately the status of the product is still "New Release - Awaiting Stock from Supplier". Oh well, I'm just happy that this product is actually getting an English (region-free) release![/QUOTE]

Mine is back ordered =(

Looks like my copy from dvd.co.uk has shipped. The website said it was shipped but the email I received says the order was processed and will be shipped by Royal Mail soon.

I did however receive a fraud alert email from chase asking me to verify that this was a valid purchase. Just check your emails or call your bank just in case to avoid this. I forget that international purchases get flagged by my cc issuer sometimes.

I got the same message. No cc fraud warning, though. Guess they've gotten used to me making international purchases.

[quote name='raystorm']Looks like my copy from dvd.co.uk has shipped. The website said it was shipped but the email I received says the order was processed and will be shipped by Royal Mail soon.

I did however receive a fraud alert email from chase asking me to verify that this was a valid purchase. Just check your emails or call your bank just in case to avoid this. I forget that international purchases get flagged by my cc issuer sometimes.[/QUOTE]

I got the same order processed email, looks like its shipping soon! :)

Came home today to find the pink slip in my mailbox informing me that my copy From ShopTo.net is waiting for my signature at the post office. That was definitely quick!

[quote name='kurtori']Came home today to find the pink slip in my mailbox informing me that my copy From ShopTo.net is waiting for my signature at the post office. That was definitely quick![/QUOTE]

WIN :beer:

ShopTo wouldn't take either of my credit cards. Not sure why.

[quote name='chunlirocks']WIN :beer:

ShopTo wouldn't take either of my credit cards. Not sure why.[/QUOTE]

ShopTo wouldn't take mine either, some weird error message (wrong country or something), so I ordered from dvd.co.uk and its shipped. Cheaper too, so no problem.

So I saw there were some updates to this thread and decided to check it out. I glad I did.

I first placed an order at ShopTo.net and they rejected my CC so I decided that I just wouldn't get this game but then today I saw all the posts for DVD.CO.UK.

I just placed an order with them and I hope it goes through. If it doesn't I guess I'm just not going to get this game but for $30 US to import that is a steal. Fingers Crossed.

edit: got my shipping confirmation today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up my copy from ShopTo at the post office today. Very positive transaction... it somehow got from the UK to California & out for delivery in 5 days - which included a Sunday. For those able to get their orders to go through I'd highly recommend them!

[quote name='chimpmeister']ShopTo wouldn't take mine either, some weird error message (wrong country or something), so I ordered from dvd.co.uk and its shipped. Cheaper too, so no problem.[/QUOTE]

I did the same. CAN NOT WAIT TO PLAY THIS ONE!

[quote name='animalspinners']For anyone who ordered through dvd.co.uk, did you get a tracking number?

Can't seem to find one on the website.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they never provide tracking. If it doesn't show up in a couple of weeks, you just e-mail them and they send another one.

[quote name='shivan128']mine was shipped from theHut on the 3rd.[/QUOTE]

I've bought from thehut before and they were good, but this time around I went with HMV since there order system wasnt as complicated as that shopTo site. My hmv has not shipped yet though. I would like to re-order at the hut but It doesnt show it being the Deluxe Edition on the hut.

Do you guys know if there a difference/multiple editions out there or are they all the same thing?

Anyone ordering from Shopto.net should try their bank card instead of a CC. Even if your bank card is a Visa or Mastercard like the CC's it should go through, cause mine did.

[quote name='aeroforce325']Anyone ordering from Shopto.net should try their bank card instead of a CC. Even if your bank card is a Visa or Mastercard like the CC's it should go through, cause mine did.[/QUOTE]

My card went through the first time with an order about a month ago. Then it didnt work for this item. Got a message that the numbers range for my card are invalid. I just paid with paypal on release day. Still havent got it. The first one took about ten days so I expect to receive by this Friday due to the holiday.

[quote name='visceralentity']For those that have ordered from theHut before does "despatched" = shipped? First time using them.[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='jeffx']Still nothing from dvd.co.uk, getting pissed. Preordered at least a couple weeks before release.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you're pissed about. They don't charge much for shipping, so it goes the slowest way possible. Add to that customs delays on both ends and it usually takes 2-3 weeks minimum.

where is the safest and fastest way to order this game? Am in the U.S. and loved the iphone version of the game and would love to have it on my xbox 360 as well. Also, what's the difference between the 1.5 version and the later version? What's the price looking like in U.S. currency anyways?

Not the best price, but I pre-ordered a few weeks before release on thehut (around the time of the first post about it here), and it was great. They dispatched around release, arrived a little less than 2 weeks after from UK to East Coast U.S.

just wanted to let everyone know that i ordered from dvd.co.uk on fri 11/11 and recieved it today fri 11/18. also, in case anyone missed it like i did, the deluxe part of the title means its coming with the arrange cd soundtrack (a very nice touch). Now i only wish they would have released the dlc on the american market and there would have been zero complaints. hope everyone gets theirs soon...will be looking for scores online.

Glad to hear they are arriving in a timely manner. How much is the game costing you all in American dollars? Also, is it the deluxe version or the older 1.5 version?

dvd.co.uk came out to 34$ American, which is what i paid to import MushiFutari, and ESPGaluda 2. Its version 1.5 with novice, and two arrange modes. 1.51 and Blacklabel are available on the UK marketplace only for 80 and 800 points respectively. It does however come with a cd soundtrack which any hardcore fan would really enjoy. I sincerely hope that Rising Star will make Akai Katana Shin available for Pal/NTSC, especially since there is no dlc for me to have to hustle up from a UK account.

[quote name='oscargrouch']I got my copy from DVD.CO.UK yesterday. Took about 12 days to get here. Same with the last few things I ordered from them.[/QUOTE]

Is that 12 total days (Mon-Sun), 12 business days (Mon-Fri), or 12 USPS delivery days (Mon-Sat)?

[quote name='oscargrouch']I got my copy from DVD.CO.UK yesterday. Took about 12 days to get here. Same with the last few things I ordered from them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this -- I was actually coming here to see if anyone received theirs.

I'm on Day 14 now but the tenth business day, so hopefully mine should arrive soon.

[quote name='bagheera369']dvd.co.uk came out to 34$ American, which is what i paid to import MushiFutari, and ESPGaluda 2. Its version 1.5 with novice, and two arrange modes. 1.51 and Blacklabel are available on the UK marketplace only for 80 and 800 points respectively. It does however come with a cd soundtrack which any hardcore fan would really enjoy. I sincerely hope that Rising Star will make Akai Katana Shin available for Pal/NTSC, especially since there is no dlc for me to have to hustle up from a UK account.[/QUOTE]

Is yours the "deluxe edition"? I ask because I saw an unboxing of the game on YouTube and the guy had a deluxe edition that had a nice cover, cd soundtrack and the game & he paid about $40 for it. I tried adding the game to my cart but upon checkout it wouldn't convert the price so don't know how much 19.99 would be in U.S. Currency.

Any other games you all recommend to order? Wonder if it'll be cheaper to order a couple at once or just get one now and a few later.

Well just got my game in the mail today. Ordered it from dvd.co.uk last Sunday. Pretty fast shipping, but got damaged during transit. Game was shipped in a bubble envelope mailer. Game case is cracked. Looks like it was stepped on. Cover artwork is teared from the spine. Both game and soundtrack are perfectly fine. No scratches or cracks. Thank goodness.

[quote name='Shinoto']Shipped Nov 7, still nothing 2 weeks later. Getting ready to complain.[/QUOTE]

Games take a while to get across the pond dudebro.

bread's done
Back