Dodonpachi Resurrection (360) REGION FREE PAL Import £27.35 shipped (or less)

kurtori

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere so thought I'd start a thread for it. The Cave shmup known in Japan as "Dodonpachi Dai Fukkatsu" is getting a Western release in Europe only, to be published by Rising Star Games. The game will be a PAL release and include a CD soundtrack for at least the first shipments. The game will be region-free for North American Xbox 360 systems but will NOT play on Japanese Xbox 360 systems.

Check out the trailer here: http://youtu.be/xkZ8grT5Jr0

Release date is 11/4/11.
The retail price will be £29.99, but the best price I've found so far is £24.85 + shipping at ShopTo.net. I've listed all the places I've found pre-selling it below. If you don't want to bother with importing, you can pre-order from NCS in New York for a marked-up price:

ShopTo.Net ** Best Price ** - £24.85 + £2.50 standard airmail to USA (or £5.50 registered airmail to USA)

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2DO01-Dodonpachi%20Resurrection%20Deluxe%20Edition.html

HMV.com - £29.99 + £4.50 standard airmail to USA
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=300822

Amazon.de (Germany) - 27.99 EUR + shipping (see site for shipping options)
http://www.amazon.de/Rising-Star-DoDonPachi-Resurrection-Edition/dp/B005GYKC6M

NCSX.com (in USA) - $65.90 + shipping (see site for shipping options)

http://www.shopncsx.com/ddpresurrection.aspx

Amazon.co.uk - £26.99 - DOES NOT SHIP TO USA
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dodonpachi-Resurrection-Deluxe-Xbox-360/dp/B005F1YCLM/

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting, but dvd.co.uk did write me back and confirm the whole international = 25 days thing. I suggested they indicate that somewhere on the help page and he said he'd pass it along to the website team. Could be they got a lot more int'l orders for DDPR than what they normally get.

As long as it arrives eventually and undamaged I will be satisfied.

Just got mine from Zavvi from the Black Friday deal (came in perfect condition), still waiting on dvd.co.uk but I can finally play it!

Sent the email yesterday for 25 working days, got it back today saying Saturdays and Bank Holidays don't count. So some time next week is when I can finally get a real response other than...wait.

They did say though I can get a refund which I'm taking and never looking back.

[quote name='Shinoto']Sent the email yesterday for 25 working days, got it back today saying Saturdays and Bank Holidays don't count. So some time next week is when I can finally get a real response other than...wait.

They did say though I can get a refund which I'm taking and never looking back.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know -- I'll be grabbing that refund too.

Do they not have any sort of internal tracking at all on these packages? They can't simply look it up and say "Tracking says its at xxxx so maybe this will help"?

So much of this shit could have been avoided by simply issuing tracking numbers. Their customer support sounds woefully inept.

[quote name='Shinoto']Sent the email yesterday for 25 working days, got it back today saying Saturdays and Bank Holidays don't count. So some time next week is when I can finally get a real response other than...wait.

They did say though I can get a refund which I'm taking and never looking back.[/QUOTE]

Good that's what ill be doing as well.

Its not that their CS is woefully inept or tracking international costs. I understand that. Their policy is fucking shit. Its been a month, and I'm still getting "not enough days have passed because we don't count Saturdays or Bank Holidays".

See, that's what I don't get.

People who have ordered long past the release date are getting it no problem in a short amount of time, but people who had it shipped out the 7th are, for the most part, still waiting.

There is obviously some kind of problem here but their CS just keeps rolling out the 25 day line, so we'll never know what it is.

Yup, same here. As my friend pointed out, it doesn't make sense also in that once that package is out of the area and shipping overseas, what, are they gonna stop the plane or ship because it's the weekend?

Anyways, 25 working days after the 7th is the 12th. I checked if there were any English Bank Holidays and there weren't.

As for a refund, they probably won't refund the conversion fee either, will they?

[quote name='animalspinners']See, that's what I don't get.

People who have ordered long past the release date are getting it no problem in a short amount of time, but people who had it shipped out the 7th are, for the most part, still waiting.

There is obviously some kind of problem here but their CS just keeps rolling out the 25 day line, so we'll never know what it is.[/QUOTE]

THIS^^^. I ordered on November 7, it supposedly shipped on November 7, and I have nothing, almost one month later. How people who ordered TWO WEEKS after my order have already gotten their copies is a mystery to me. I am starting to get annoyed; I've been very patient but I don't understand the reason for a delay this long. My Zavvi order for this game will probably beat the dvd.co.uk order, and I only ordered from Zavvi on November 27 (and it shipped 11/28). Chunlirocks I think also ordered his from Zavvi on their black friday sale, and from dvd.co.uk, and is in the same boat as me (and probably others here). Very frustrating!

[quote name='chimpmeister']THIS^^^. I ordered on November 7, it supposedly shipped on November 7, and I have nothing, almost one month later. How people who ordered TWO WEEKS after my order have already gotten their copies is a mystery to me. I am starting to get annoyed; I've been very patient but I don't understand the reason for a delay this long. My Zavvi order for this game will probably beat the dvd.co.uk order, and I only ordered from Zavvi on November 27 (and it shipped 11/28). Chunlirocks I think also ordered his from Zavvi on their black friday sale, and from dvd.co.uk, and is in the same boat as me (and probably others here). Very frustrating![/QUOTE]

I did order at the same time 27th i think. I've had amazing luck with zavii. This is my first and LAST order with dvd.co. Curious what one will show first.

Im in the same boat too. Ordered on the 7th nothing yet. I'm tempted to just shop around the local import stores and see if they have it now, or order from zavvi.

[quote name='nocturnedelight']
Anyways, 25 working days after the 7th is the 12th. I checked if there were any English Bank Holidays and there weren't.
[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped on the same date. Thanks for doing the maths. Does that take into account the Thanksgiving holiday here in the U.S.? Trying not to leave any possible excuses open when I contact them next.

A month and a day and still nothing.

Tried emailing dvd.co.uk and asking them what was going on -- why were people who shipped on the 7th not getting their stuff? How were people who ordered weeks later getting their stuff before us? Is there any sort of internal tracking or any way they can start looking into this?

I got the same automated answer about the 25 day BS all of you did. Its like they don't even care there is a potential problem here. I find it hard to believe its a coincidence all of us shipped on the same day and have nothing.

Yeah, I'm still stuck in the sinking boat too... still hoping its gonna show up "tomorrow"... or the next day... or the next day....

Pretty much BS - I ordered something from HK early last week and already got it... but this a month ago from the UK and nothing.

Pretty sure I won't be ordering from DVD.co.uk again.

Nothing for me either, I pre-ordered and it shipped on the 7th. This stinks! I don't even care about the money I just want to play lol. I never had a problem ordering from dvd.co.uk in the past but I don't think I will do it again.

Yeah, even though it doesn't matter when it arrives really as long as it arrives, this is just taking way too freaking long and makes me worry it might be lost. Last order for me from dvd.co.uk as well.

[quote name='animalspinners']A month and a day and still nothing.
[...]
I got the same automated answer about the 25 day BS all of you did. [/QUOTE]

Wait, they're still giving you the 25-day canned response AFTER it's been a month? Maybe it's time to go straight to my credit card company's dispute page.

[quote name='morrodox']Wait, they're still giving you the 25-day canned response AFTER it's been a month? Maybe it's time to go straight to my credit card company's dispute page.[/QUOTE]

25 "business days", minus weekends and holidays.

Oh, I never updated, but I received my HMV orders late because they pushed back their release for some reason, but they got here (a few weeks ago) and they were individually packaged. ...those cardboard mailers they use seem pretty sturdy too I gotta say, all the ones I bought arrived here safe and sound.

[quote name='chimpmeister']25 "business days", minus weekends and holidays.[/QUOTE]

Yes dear, that is what I meant.

I ordered mine through Zavvi and I received in 9 days after I put the order in. I thought I was gonna wait longer like a Play Asia order.

[quote name='morrodox']Mine shipped on the same date. Thanks for doing the maths. Does that take into account the Thanksgiving holiday here in the U.S.? Trying not to leave any possible excuses open when I contact them next.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't count Thanksgiving. If you'd want to count it, it'll be the 13th.

Considering they are only considering English holidays, and at least in Maryland we still get Saturday shipping which would be completely unaffected by anything in the UK once it gets into these waters, the least I can do is count a US Holiday as a day intended for shipping for all they care.

Really, I think all of us who ordered on the 7th just need to hit their customer support until we find out what the hell happened. I'm gonna write them again because obviously something happened to the shipment.

[quote name='animalspinners']Really, I think all of us who ordered on the 7th just need to hit their customer support until we find out what the hell happened. I'm gonna write them again because obviously something happened to the shipment.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it seems very strange that all the 11/7 orders are still in limbo. I'm going to wait a few more days to avoid the 25-business-day excuse, and then send a message. This is really pretty ridiculous; my Zavvi order will probably arrive in the next few days, and I ordered it weeks later. Seems like dvd.co.uk screwed up something with the early orders.

I have a question for you all. Ordered this through zavvi 2 weeks ago. I'm sure it may be too early to expect it to have arrived already considering the whole overseas thing, but what I was wondering is, do they give you any kind of tracking order? I don't order much online, so maybe not everybody does, but I thought it was common practice.

[quote name='animalspinners']Today should be the 25th business day, right?

Time to end this shit.[/QUOTE]

Yup just sent them an email requesting full refund.

fuck them forever.

Once I get my refund from dvd.co.uk, I think I'm just gonna order from NCSX.

Yea, its far more expensive, but at least I can get shipping with tracking and customer support that is not horrible (NCSX has been good to me in the past.) I really don't want to roll the dice with another UK retailer, especially since now people are having problems with Zavvi judging by the last few posts.

The extra cash is worth it for piece of mind for me because I really don't want to go through this shit twice.

This is the first time I've ordered from Zavvi and had NO issues with it. I got both games I ordered in 10 days. I was kinda worried after reading these posts, but I guess I got lucky.

If you are looking for another place to order it, check out Shopto.net, 365games.co.uk and game.co.uk. I have ordered games from them and have had NO issues. They're support actually responds to you unlike Zavvi.

Is there any place that offers the game cheaper now? Will need to decide if it is worth pressing dvd.co.uk for a refund or another copy.

Don't mean to rub it in to anyone who are still waiting for their game, but I've ordered Arcana Heart 3 from dvd.co.uk on the 30th of last month and just got in the mail today. Man, I must be lucky or something. You know, getting Arcana and Dodonpachi in a timely manner. Will definitely buy from them again.

[quote name='dz00mb1e']Don't mean to rub it in to anyone who are still waiting for their game, but I've ordered Arcana Heart 3 from dvd.co.uk on the 30th of last month and just got in the mail today. Man, I must be lucky or something. You know, getting Arcana and Dodonpachi in a timely manner. Will definitely buy from them again.[/QUOTE]

Dvd.co.uk is usually pretty good about that. In my experience, two weeks is about the usual amount of time it takes for packages to arrive from them.
I'm not sure what happened this time...

Just placed my email requesting a replacement copy. I figured I won't go for the refund since it most likely won't refund me the conversion fee.

[quote name='kitlink']Dvd.co.uk is usually pretty good about that. In my experience, two weeks is about the usual amount of time it takes for packages to arrive from them.
I'm not sure what happened this time...[/QUOTE]

It is Christmas and the busiest time for any postal service.

Paying more than $30 for a shump is unconscionable. Hell, more than $20 is pushing it.

In lieu of a better option, told dvd.co.uk to take it up with the postal service and ship me another.

My dvd.co.uk order was submitted on 11/3, shipped on 11/7, and has not arrived. My Zavvi order was submitted on 11/27 (20 days later), and it arrived today (12/12). Needless to say, I'll be contacting dvd.co.uk for a refund. What a lousy online store!

EDIT: Sent them an email asking WTF happened to the order, and requesting either the product I paid for, or a refund. We'll see what happens.

DVD.co.uk replied saying they would refund within 72 hours

I'm thinking they just never shipped it.

RollingSkull: I'm about to drop 100$+ on the Under Defeat HD Limited Edition. COME AT ME BRO.

Ordered from Zavvi on 11/28, was dispatched on 11/29, got it today. Also bought Tingle's Rupeeland as part of the same order, that dispatched on 11/30 and I got it last Thursday.

FINALLY got my copy today from dvd.co.uk. Pre ordered and it shipped on the 7th. I also got an email saying they will refund in 72 hours. fuck honesty after a month I'm just gonna be an ass.

bread's done
Back