Does Anyone Else Eat Uncontrollably While Gaming?

Malik112099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I eat while I game. Not just eat. I devour any snacks we have in the house including drinks. I could have just eaten Thankgiving dinner but if i sit in front of the tv and turn a game on I have the urge to shovel junk into my face. I'm not a big guy either. I'm 5'11" and 170lbs. I don't get the urge to snack while doing anything else. Anyone else a heavy snacker while gaming?

I don't eat a lot, but I end up drinking a lot (of water). And then spend a lot of time peeing as well.

[quote name='Jest']I got pissed off and bit my DS3... There are teeth marks in it.[/quote]

Back in 1998 I did this to my original Dualshock while playing Dragon Ball GT Final Bout.

Actually, gaming prevents me from eating. I hate having to constantly wash my hands after touching food. Greasy controllers = no go, especially with the prices of controllers these days.

Its game dependent for me. For computer simulation like games where it doesn't take alot of controller work it is easy to just eat and eat without it getting in the way of the game really. Works for dating sims and some rpgs as well. With fighting games copious amount of RC Cola is more likely. 2 liter bottles just dissipate.

Definitely drink a lot.. and then I refuse to get up and pee until the discomfort is bordering on pain. Not eating so much unless it's pretzels or something like pizza that I can chow on during long cutscenes.

[quote name='magus83']Nah I try not to eat while gaming, nothing worst than greasy controllers.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I hate eating and gaming.

I dont eat anything greasy. Mostly just little snack foods. Candy, chips, trail mixes, etc. Nothing that tends to get my hands/controller dirty.

[quote name='magus83']Nah I try not to eat while gaming, nothing worse than greasy controllers.[/quote]

fixed, and this. I may have a swig of whatever I'm drinking between loading screens occasionally, but other than that, nothing.

i eat snacks and drink a lot of soda......but I blame my wife for stocking me up on those damn things...and sometimes coming upstairs bringing popcorn and/or smoothies....its terrible.....okay maybe not, but yea I do eat a lot...

I do have tons of controllers and whipes for them, so they generally don't get too dirty.

Nope, because like a lot of others here, I like clean controllers. If I have to eat, I'll do it beforehand.

Sometimes I will have a drink on hand, though - anything from water to hot chocolate to hard cider.

This has never really been an issue for me until COD4. The 12 seconds respond times in Hardcore team Deathmatch were killing me so I think I needed something to do during them..and also while a map was loading.

Nope, actually I get so wrapped up some games, that I completely forget to eat meals. I do drink quite a bit of soda while I game though.

Now, watching movies on the other hand, that is when I really shovel the food in my face.

Yes! Every time I die in an FPS, I eat something. This can be problematic in games like TF2 where I die very often. Thankfully, I have extremely awesome metabolism and am only 165 lbs. despite being 6'2".

[quote name='Vekou']Yes! Every time I die in an FPS, I eat something. This can be problematic in games like TF2 where I die very often. Thankfully, I have extremely awesome metabolism and am only 165 lbs. despite being 6'2".[/quote]

just wait till your mid twenties bud

Most of the times Im too entranced in the game to snack, I do on occasion eat some chips or a sandwich though. :( I do keep a steady flow of drinks handy though.

I do most of my eating whilst browing the internet.

i don't think of food at all while gaming, water on the other hand I'll drink by the gallon. Usually bring a few glasses of water for a gaming session. After I'm done i do eat though...

[quote name='Wolve11']just wait till your mid twenties bud[/quote]

Quoted for truth. I was a stick figure in my teens until I was about 22 and then the weight came. Quite the shock when you don't shave clean for years (trimming once or twice a month) and you shave for the first time after you gain weight.

[quote name='willardhaven']Haven't you fellows heard of utensils?[/quote]

How can you eat Doritos with utensils? You don't expect us to mash them up and eat them with a spoon do you?

This thread is just odd. Eating "uncontrollably" just sounds weird enough on its own and then you throw gaming into it. It would be pretty annoying to have to pause the game every minute to grab some food and by then you're getting crumbs and grease on your controller. Weird.

Now drinking on the other hand is completely workable.

[quote name='Wolve11']just wait till your mid twenties bud[/QUOTE]

Doesn't happen to everyone. I just turned 30 and my metabolism is still great. My dad's 59, eats like crap and is still a stick figure so I guess I just got lucky in the gene pool on that one!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PhrostByte']How can you eat Doritos with utensils? You don't expect us to mash them up and eat them with a spoon do you?[/quote]

Chop sticks?

[quote name='darthbudge']Nope, actually I get so wrapped up some games, that I completely forget to eat meals. I do drink quite a bit of soda while I game though.[/quote]

^^This. I never eat while gaming, and on many occasions I've skipped entire meals. Usually, I'm too lazy to get out of my bed, so I end up just playing and playing, then at some point I won't really be hungry anymore. I do drink LOTS of water though. For some reason, I'm always thirsty.

This happens to me when I'm just watching TV, too. This past Saturday, I found myself having lunch (my first meal of the day) at 3:30pm even though I was awake at 10:00am. And on Sunday I had dinner around 10:00pm, just because I was distracted by games and/or TV.

[quote name='darthbudge']Nope, actually I get so wrapped up some games, that I completely forget to eat meals. I do drink quite a bit of soda while I game though.

Now, watching movies on the other hand, that is when I really shovel the food in my face.[/quote]

I'm the same way, I'll be so into a game I'm playing that I forget to eat. 8 hours will go by and then when I'm done playing I'll suddenly realize I haven't ate anything.

I do drink a lot as well, mostly cold tea.

Nope. If anything I eat alot less. Time to time hours pass with me not eating and I don't realize. I Do usually drink either Coke, tea, lemonade or water while gaming, but that's about it.

I listen to podcasts whilst gaming, but that's it. That's the only other thing I do while gaming, and even listening to podcasts interferes with things. The only thing I consume is a drink, and I only take sips between rounds/matches. Of course, this pertains to online multiplayer games. However, I didn't eat either while playing Fallout 3.

[quote name='PhrostByte']How can you eat Doritos with utensils? You don't expect us to mash them up and eat them with a spoon do you?[/quote]

[quote name='willardhaven']Chop sticks?[/quote]

LOL at mental image!:rofl:

I, like many others mentioned, tend to forget to eat. I'm not opposed to it and have eaten (when I remember), but most of the time, I just completely bypass meals without realizing it! :cry: I used to drink a lot of soda, but have given up a lot of sodas since March, so lots of (trying to) drink water! :)

[quote name='yukine']I'm the same way, I'll be so into a game I'm playing that I forget to eat. 8 hours will go by and then when I'm done playing I'll suddenly realize I haven't ate anything.

I do drink a lot as well, mostly cold tea.[/quote]

I used to be like this when I had a lot of time to game. On marathon sessions I would forget to eat almost all day long and as another poster said, you just lose the hunger pangs after a while.

I do wolf my lunch down so that I have more time to game though, but most of my gaming is at night so no eating while gaming for me. I don't snack after dinner.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Never eat when I play. Barely drink too.[/quote]

same. i always wash my hands before touch a controller so eating is out of the question 8-[

bread's done
Back