Dogs

[quote name='perdition(troy']My wife and I pick up our airedale terrier 3 weeks from today. It's costing me a grand, and better live for 20 years.[/QUOTE]

An acquaintance of mine has an all black one. Very cute, fun & playful dogs. If you don't want it to jump on people start right away on that. Almost every Airedale I've ever met has been a jumper. Other than that they always seem like great dogs.

[quote name='nasum']Things have gotten better since then. They wrestle together but foster pup is a bit more bite-y than I'd like her to be. Basic obedience is coming along nicely and they tolerate each other enough that I can have them both sleep in the bedroom with me without fights.

Still though, having two dogs is WAY more difficult than I thought it would be.[/QUOTE]

Glad to read that. With those cases I tend to leave a short leash on the offender even in the house so it's easy to make quit corrections before things escalate. My dog sounds like yours. He likes to play, but won't bite other dogs to the point of breaking their skin even when the other dog gets too rough. It's great because he's so gentle but sometimes I wish he was more like my buddy's dog who will pin the offending dog to show rank and that's the end of it forever. Next time you foster make sure convey to them exactly the type of dog you can home and make them allow you an intro to your dog before you commit. You're doing them a favor so this shouldn't be too much to ask.

Good news on my latest foster. She's going to be delivered to her forever home this week. She and I went on a home visit over the weekend and a wonderful family fell in love with her. Married couple with four kids ranging from 14-21 years of age. Their last family dog passed last Summer and they've been searching for the right dog since Christmas. Chynna blew them away with her affection and obedience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 4(!) dogs. 2 chihuahuas, a jack russell, and a min pin. All were rescues thanks to my fiancee's work as an LVT. They're very nice to us, sort of wild outside/with others outside the pack. Thankfully their combined weight is maybe 40 lbs so I can haul them around pretty easily.

of course the organization gets an enormous male lab that's as cool as my female lab. Would I look like an asshole if I requested a trade? Then again my foster pup had a repeat visitor and two fairly interested parties at the last adoption event so maybe it's a possibility that she'll be gone before long.

[quote name='nasum']of course the organization gets an enormous male lab that's as cool as my female lab. Would I look like an asshole if I requested a trade? Then again my foster pup had a repeat visitor and two fairly interested parties at the last adoption event so maybe it's a possibility that she'll be gone before long.[/QUOTE]

If things are too stressful on you then yes you should request a swap. Your more important as someone happy who will continue fostering dogs in the future instead of someone who had a bad experience and doesn't want to be involved going forward.

[quote name='nasum']1st foster pup has been adopted!
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19662340
I'm picking up this guy tonight as long as he gets along with the existing Lab. Hopefully he'll be more of a couch potato than the puppy who raced the halls all night long for something to do...[/QUOTE]

Great work! Weezy looks pretty cool. Usually the bigger they are the more laid back so hopefully that's the case.

This is my current foster Trina. She was given up by her family after five years. I'm the short term foster in this case though. After July 4th she's going to another home until adoption. I stepped in and took her after her spaying because the other home wasn't quite ready. She's pretty cool and should get adopted quickly.

I had a family dog growing up, which I loved very much. A huge golden lab that was great with strangers, friendly, fun, but I quote Ron White when I say:

"I'm a dog lover , that's a lie. I love my dog, I don't give a shit about yours."

[quote name='Survivalism']The other night I sat down to dinner and my dog got in the chair next to me like this:

23367075.jpg

"oh hai foods"[/QUOTE]

I know this is old, but that looks a lot like my dog when I was younger. She was a brittany spaniel mix. Lots of energy as a young dog.

I have five dogs :cool:

An 11 year old female bichon frise mix
A 2 yr old female siberian husky
A 2 year old female yellow lab mix (most like Jack Russell I'm told)
A 1.5 year old femle bluenose American pit bull terrier
A 1 year old female Rottweiler/Doberman mix.

Having all of them together would be chaotic so I keep the bichon frise, pit bull and lab mix with me, while the husky and rottie stay at my fiancé's.

3 dogs here all 3 rescue dogs.

Blossom is my baby girl. We got her after she had been a breeder dog for 2 or 3 years. When we adopted her she had only been out of her Kennel for a week or two and was in complete shock. We had to teach her how to be a dog.
http://oi56.tinypic.com/2vaoacp.jpg

Then we adopted Razz our pug. My wife was jelous because Blossom bonded to me 10x stronger then her(she has since come around and loves my wife equally)and we had always wanted a pug. So we went to get this old guy that was missing an eye and had some other issues. However when we went to the adoption day that pug was not there that day....but Razz was and he was only a month or so old. He fit in the palm of my hand and started chewing on my beard...it was over! We decided he could be our one selfish adoption for a long time. Hes like 3 now and is a typical pug that always demands attention and wants to play every last second of the day.
http://oi51.tinypic.com/3342bdy.jpg
http://oi52.tinypic.com/2ahio3k.jpg

Loiue is the newest edition to the family and is a pain in the damned ass. He is an 8/9(exact age unknown)Newfoundland Golden Retriever mix. We got him a few months ago and we are still happy we gave a very old dog a good home....but as I said pain in the ass. He pisses on everything, came with worms, digs holes in our yard, does not listen to commands easily and the cherry on top was his fight with a raccoon(if you can call him picking up a Raccoon and shaking the shit out of it a fight). Not a bright dog and def not our best dog, but he still tries to be a good dog...hes just too damn stubborn and stupid to understand ;)
http://oi51.tinypic.com/nfgqyx.jpg

So thats my family!
http://oi51.tinypic.com/6j0v9h.jpg

I have these, well they're my Mums but I guess they're the family dogs.

The one upright is called Cookie and she's around 2.5 years old, the one lying is Tink and she's about a year less.

IMG_0727.jpg

They're pretty funny dogs, never really liked chihuahuas before but I guess it was because of the image they've got as a breed.

We also had a King Charles Spaniel called Sammy from 1993 as a puppy, but she was really sick and aging badly so she was put down earlier on in the year... She was a very good dog though :) Maybe when I get dogs of my own in the future I will name one Sammy in her memory.

IMG_3453.jpg

This was the last photo taken of her before she was put down...

I've always always wanted a Siberian Husky though, and will definitely get one some point in the future, probably called Indy (based on George Lucas' dog being called Indiana and the character was named after his dog!)

siberian-husky.jpg

My girlfriend also wanted a Dalmatian when we're older so these two will probably we our first future dogs together!

I too have always really wanted Huskies(especially when they have the mismatched eyes). They are just such gorgeous dogs. However every time we go to get a dog I always make sure to research the breed to know what I am getting and every time I research Huskies they just do not sound like ideal dogs for most people. Everything I read makes it sound like they bond to one owner VERY strongly and really do not care for most other people, everything suggests they are very stubborn and finally that they require almost constant exercise.

Also Sammy looks freaking adorable. You could just see she was a good dog.

Grew up in indonesia. A muslim country, so dogs are very rare and are looked down on. But now I live in NY, and I have 3 cats. My friend and neighbor has a white dog.. Not sure the breed but she's so friendly. Might consider adopting a dog in the future though..

[quote name='giantqtipz']Grew up in indonesia. A muslim country, so dogs are very rare and are looked down on. But now I live in NY, and I have 3 cats. My friend and neighbor has a white dog.. Not sure the breed but she's so friendly. Might consider adopting a dog in the future though..[/QUOTE]

Growing up we had a Muslim family living down the street whose kids would come over to play basketball. We always liked playing with them to begin with, but doubly so because if we let our dog out they would literally run for our fence and then hop over it. All 3 of them and their parents were absolutely terrified of the dog, they would not come in our yard till the dog was put up.

Separate question but kind of related. Is it true or a stereotype that most Muslims consider dogs to be unclean?

/nod I was thinking the same thing, that it is based in truth. Wikipedia said the same thing, but I still hate to judge a whole group of people(not that it makes them bad)based on something Wikipedia says.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I too have always really wanted Huskies(especially when they have the mismatched eyes). They are just such gorgeous dogs. However every time we go to get a dog I always make sure to research the breed to know what I am getting and every time I research Huskies they just do not sound like ideal dogs for most people. Everything I read makes it sound like they bond to one owner VERY strongly and really do not care for most other people, everything suggests they are very stubborn and finally that they require almost constant exercise.

Also Sammy looks freaking adorable. You could just see she was a good dog.[/QUOTE]

The stubbornness I will definitely agree with, but my brother's husky loved a lot of people not just her owner. I think it depends on how early the people were introduced, though she loved my young niece who was only 2 at the time.

[quote name='Gden']The stubbornness I will definitely agree with, but my brother's husky loved a lot of people not just her owner. I think it depends on how early the people were introduced, though she loved my young niece who was only 2 at the time.[/QUOTE]

Kind of what I have been thinking. That they are probably like Pit Bulls when it comes to temperament. Meaning PB have that stereotype of being violent dogs. Truth is that while I do believe they are more prone to that type of behavior, that in a good families hands that behavior will never come out. I am betting/wondering if the same is true of huskies being loners/only bonding to one person. That is their nature to be that way, but when raised in a loving family the loner side does not emerge as often.

[quote name='MSI Magus'] Separate question but kind of related. Is it true or a stereotype that most Muslims consider dogs to be unclean?[/QUOTE]

Ehh, yes and no. Dogs themselves aren't considered unclean in Islam, but their saliva is. The fact that most muslims don't have dogs often means they don't know how to react around them and get scared. For example, I've never had birds, and when I'm in a house and there's a pet bird flying around, I'm never taking my eye off the thing, thinking it's waiting to attack.

There's actually an Islamic story about a prostitute who was walking by a well getting water, and she saw a thirsty dog. She filled the heel of her shoe with water for it, and it was said that she was guarenteed a place in heavan as a result.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Growing up we had a Muslim family living down the street whose kids would come over to play basketball. We always liked playing with them to begin with, but doubly so because if we let our dog out they would literally run for our fence and then hop over it. All 3 of them and their parents were absolutely terrified of the dog, they would not come in our yard till the dog was put up.

Separate question but kind of related. Is it true or a stereotype that most Muslims consider dogs to be unclean?[/QUOTE]

thats a stereotype lol?

well muslims are prohibited to have dogs as pets in islam, i forgot what the reasons are. but cats on the other hand are sacred especially since muhammed (the prophet, not the owner of your local grocery store) cherished his cat a lot.

i think he once told a woman that she will go to hell for torturing her cat. thats one story but there are more

Where did this stereotype about huskies come from anyway? I've never heard that they were loners. I always thought that like most dogs they had a pack mentality, albeit, probably a close pack mentality (and no I don't just mean the lead dog thing, but also other members that they like are members of their pack should be loved and protected)

[quote name='Gden']Where did this stereotype about huskies come from anyway? I've never heard that they were loners. I always thought that like most dogs they had a pack mentality, albeit, probably a close pack mentality (and no I don't just mean the lead dog thing, but also other members that they like are members of their pack should be loved and protected)[/QUOTE]

/shrug I have just heard it commented a lot and even seen it online some times. Most of the time the way I hear it is that they have a pack mentality, but they tend to have it more where they relate to one person as the leader and anyone else is their equal. Most dogs seem more like they may recognize a leader whom is the person they MUST listen to, but they love anyone else equally.

Like I said iv never own one and I am not trying to judge the dog based on a stereotype I have heard from a few people. Just saying that its what I had heard and as a result while I had always really really wanted a husky that I was also iffy on getting one.

My favorite pic of our two chis together (Lily sitting and Ivy lying down) - they were exhausted after a photo shoot.

We just got a Beagle/Whippet mix back in Feb. Very calm and quite...sometimes too quite...

A month ago we sent up the guest bed room and put down the bed and now she's taken over that bed, so we let it slide. Lately she's been peeing in the same spot right outside the door, which happens to be on the way to my computer room as well. Based on what we have been seeing, I'm pretty sure she's marking that area telling us "Stay the fuck away from my room!" I'm tempted to lock her out of that room but I am guessing she's gonna get pissed at us and start peeing somewhere else (bedroom?).

[quote name='ITDEFX']We just got a Beagle/Whippet mix back in Feb. Very calm and quite...sometimes too quite...

A month ago we sent up the guest bed room and put down the bed and now she's taken over that bed, so we let it slide. Lately she's been peeing in the same spot right outside the door, which happens to be on the way to my computer room as well. Based on what we have been seeing, I'm pretty sure she's marking that area telling us "Stay the fuck away from my room!" I'm tempted to lock her out of that room but I am guessing she's gonna get pissed at us and start peeing somewhere else (bedroom?).[/QUOTE]

If a dog has a problem like that you cant just ignore it(which is essentially what you did). If you dont discipline them and find ways to fix the problem its not surprising that it spread.

On a my family update. I am up hours before id usually be awake after a night of broken sleep. My wife got the idea to let the dogs sleep out of the kennel....something we do from time to time but never goes well....for me. She can sleep through anything and if something bugs her she can pretty much get up, fix it and never recall getting up. Where as I personally struggling with any little thing that bugs me for what feels like hours before I get up and fix it because at that point I am just awake. So of course the cocker spaniel who she swore would sleep on her side of the bed ended up on mine kicking me as she had puppy dreams half the night. Then after what felt like hours of being awake I feel back asleep just to be awoken by our big dog pushing at the door. I took care of that and noted the light coming in from the windows and figured I might get an hour or two of sleep if I was lucky. Of course our pug had something to say about that, he sensed mourning arriving so he got up from his little spot on the side of the bed and started trying to get the big dog to play.

All I can say is....kennels were created for a reason. I am not someone that yells, I am someone that tells others if they are incapable of having an adult conversation I simply wont talk to them...but I could not help yelling when I got out of bed this mourning. Part of me feels bad but a big part of me just keeps thinking kennels were created for a reason and because that was ignored I got maybe 5 hours of broken sleep ;(

People can do what they want but I have never let my dog or foster dogs on the bed or a couch. There is one chair with ottoman they can sit on next to the picture window. That allows them to see outside when they please. They have very comfortable dog beds in the bed and living rooms.

My current foster is Boone a 5 month old hound/terrier mix. Great pup who was living with another foster who only had very small dogs so now he has a bigger playmate. His brindle coat is awesome! Potty trained, sit, come, follows close off leash, and has great name recognition. He will go quickly.

I've never had a problem with the dogs sleeping with me. However, when I was living with a girl that had two stupid dogs I noticed that the pug snored in a way that kept me awake and drove me insane.

Oddly, the newfie/mastif snores in a way that is really settling to me and helps me sleep. Unfortunately, he's getting adopted tonight and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I know I signed up to cycle through dogs and make sure that they have a shot at a better life, but I REALLY like this guy and I'm already having a hard time coming to grips with him not being around.

[quote name='nasum']I've never had a problem with the dogs sleeping with me. However, when I was living with a girl that had two stupid dogs I noticed that the pug snored in a way that kept me awake and drove me insane.

Oddly, the newfie/mastif snores in a way that is really settling to me and helps me sleep. Unfortunately, he's getting adopted tonight and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I know I signed up to cycle through dogs and make sure that they have a shot at a better life, but I REALLY like this guy and I'm already having a hard time coming to grips with him not being around.[/QUOTE]

Question for you. Does your group allow you as the foster parent the ability to refuse an applicant for your foster dog? I'm not talking about turning down someone because you want to keep the dog. I'm talking about if you personally think it's not a good fit and would rather see the dog go to someone else.

[quote name='nasum']I've never had a problem with the dogs sleeping with me. However, when I was living with a girl that had two stupid dogs I noticed that the pug snored in a way that kept me awake and drove me insane.

Oddly, the newfie/mastif snores in a way that is really settling to me and helps me sleep. Unfortunately, he's getting adopted tonight and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I know I signed up to cycle through dogs and make sure that they have a shot at a better life, but I REALLY like this guy and I'm already having a hard time coming to grips with him not being around.[/QUOTE]

I am just a very sensitive sleeper so we cant have the dogs on the bed either. My wife wants them to, but I kind of put my foot down on that one. Every few months though she asks if they can for a night or two and I relent...at which point it becomes a night or two every few weeks then a night or two a week. I think last night may have finally been the breaking point that keeps them pretty much permantly in the kennel ;) Well except for the Golden Retriever/Newfoundland mix who sleeps off the bed at our feet.

[quote name='nasum']There's got to be a bunch of us with dogs so this seems like a decent topic.

My lab has a terrible case of the itchies right now. I know it isn't bugs or fleas so I'm guessing that it's just really dry up here in MN and with all the carpet in the house it's even worse for her. I've heard that Fish Oils are fantastic against this kind of problem but I don't know if I can give her the same ones for people or if the dog specific kind are necessary.[/QUOTE]

I know may sound weird but do you give your dog baths? Maybe try washing her with head and shoulders shampoo on her torso. That stuff helps with dry and itchy scalps maybe would help her also.

[quote name='TC']Question for you. Does your group allow you as the foster parent the ability to refuse an applicant for your foster dog? I'm not talking about turning down someone because you want to keep the dog. I'm talking about if you personally think it's not a good fit and would rather see the dog go to someone else.[/QUOTE]

Yep, if the home isn't a good fit or if the people seem sketchy in any way I can say no go.

I bathe my dog with regular dog shampoo and I brush her regularly to help stimulate skin oils and such. I think it was mainly just the really dry air we had this winter because the problem has gone away for all intents and purposes.

has anyone ever use one of those sprays that say after a week of use, the dog will stay out of that area for good? I really don't want her to pee in that spot anymore but I am concern it *might* prevent her from coming upstairs at all.

[quote name='ITDEFX']has anyone ever use one of those sprays that say after a week of use, the dog will stay out of that area for good? I really don't want her to pee in that spot anymore but I am concern it *might* prevent her from coming upstairs at all.[/QUOTE]

You could try it but really its still not addressing the issue with the dog, its addressing the issue with the spot. Even if you teach your dog not to pee there he or she will just piss somewhere else if you do not teach her proper behavior and discipline.

[quote name='MSI Magus']You could try it but really its still not addressing the issue with the dog, its addressing the issue with the spot. Even if you teach your dog not to pee there he or she will just piss somewhere else if you do not teach her proper behavior and discipline.[/QUOTE]

Well she pee'ed in a new spot near the closet last night. I've already had a talk with my gf about this and we are both in agreement to punish her by keeping her downstairs for a night or 2. If she pees again somewhere downstairs, then we are going to isolate her into the kitchen, and if she pees again, we are going to crate her. I dunno if that's going to work or just piss her off even more..

We try to get her to go out 2 or 3 times a day (once in the morning and once at night) and for the most part she holds it because we are both at work until 3 or 4 pm. But at night she is totally gets into her "I'm not peeing because the backyard grass is wet" mod and sometimes we have to make her to go by taking her for walks.

She doesn't bark or whimper..but she often shakes her body (like the way a dog does when they are wet) and we have learned that is a sign that she needs to go potty (even at 1am in the morning!). Well she did this last night and I tried letting her out but all she did was turn around and go underneath the table (her safe spot) and look at me like I am fucking nuts.

We are trying to teach her the ring the bells method tied to the backdoor... it's a challenge but eventually she will get it (as she surprised us the other day).

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well she pee'ed in a new spot near the closet last night. I've already had a talk with my gf about this and we are both in agreement to punish her by keeping her downstairs for a night or 2. If she pees again somewhere downstairs, then we are going to isolate her into the kitchen, and if she pees again, we are going to crate her. I dunno if that's going to work or just piss her off even more..

We try to get her to go out 2 or 3 times a day (once in the morning and once at night) and for the most part she holds it because we are both at work until 3 or 4 pm. But at night she is totally gets into her "I'm not peeing because the backyard grass is wet" mod and sometimes we have to make her to go by taking her for walks.

She doesn't bark or whimper..but she often shakes her body (like the way a dog does when they are wet) and we have learned that is a sign that she needs to go potty (even at 1am in the morning!). Well she did this last night and I tried letting her out but all she did was turn around and go underneath the table (her safe spot) and look at me like I am fucking nuts.

We are trying to teach her the ring the bells method tied to the backdoor... it's a challenge but eventually she will get it (as she surprised us the other day).[/QUOTE]

Crating dogs small enough to be crated is a great idea. It can be hard for both the dog and the owner at first but they get used to it fairly fast. I would think about going straight to the crate. She may be unhappy and a handful for a few weeks, but she will get over it and your life will be 100% more enjoyable. The ring the bells method can also be VERY effective. We have never done that with our dogs but my inlaws did with great effect.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Crating dogs small enough to be crated is a great idea. It can be hard for both the dog and the owner at first but they get used to it fairly fast. I would think about going straight to the crate. She may be unhappy and a handful for a few weeks, but she will get over it and your life will be 100% more enjoyable. The ring the bells method can also be VERY effective. We have never done that with our dogs but my inlaws did with great effect.[/QUOTE]

Well we know for a fact that she's crate trained because the person who had her before us had her created and when we went to visit her, our done instantly went to the crate. So that isn't going to be a problem for her, however yea I agree it's gonna be hard at first.

[quote name='ITDEFX']

She doesn't bark or whimper..but she often shakes her body (like the way a dog does when they are wet) and we have learned that is a sign that she needs to go potty (even at 1am in the morning!). Well she did this last night and I tried letting her out but all she did was turn around and go underneath the table (her safe spot) and look at me like I am fucking nuts.[/QUOTE]

We had this problem with my sister's dog when we moved back in- he was an apartment dog, and they'd always used puppy pads in the past, so he didn't really know how to ask to go out and just peed on the tugs in front of the door (becuase it looked like a puppy pad to him.) You're on the right track with looking for how they react when they need to go out- he doesn't bark either, he spins. When they don't want to go, you're probably going to have to stand there with her until she figures out she has to pee before she can go back in. My sister's dog hates going out in the rain, so it took a few rounds of standing out in it with the door shut saying "Pirate, go potty!" before he figured it out. Granted, he only goes about 3 inches out the door on those days, but at least he's actually going out.

You should probably try for more trips outside, too- part of the problem could be you underestimating her bladder capacity. Our dogs typically got out 4-6 times a day. (Part of that is the big one's medication, which acts like a diuretic.)

well good thing I bought these cheap chairs from target's spring clearance..because if it's going to be where I have to wait out there in the ran for them to potty, then that's how it's gonna be.

Has anyone used Petsmart to train their dogs? We have one about 10 mins away from us.

[quote name='ITDEFX']well good thing I bought these cheap chairs from target's spring clearance..because if it's going to be where I have to wait out there in the ran for them to potty, then that's how it's gonna be.

Has anyone used Petsmart to train their dogs? We have one about 10 mins away from us.[/QUOTE]

Every time morning or night when you take her out and she does go potty immediately praise/reward her then go directly back in. It's going to take a few trips for her to figure it out but she'll learn that going outside and going potty right away earns her a reward. Also definitely try to get her outside more often. Only going two or three times is asking an awful lot of the animal. Before and after every meal for sure and also first thing in the morning, when you get home and last thing in the evening. When in doubt take them out.

If you do have to crate the dog you can ease the transition by feeding her in the kennel for a couple weeks. Also putting the kennel in your bedroom at night might be a good idea. Just prepare yourself for some dog whimpering for a couple nights.

Never had a dog trained at Petsmart but the trainers at the one we go to do really seem to care about animals. You can also call a couple local rescues and ask them to recommend a trainer.

[quote name='TC']Every time morning or night when you take her out and she does go potty immediately praise/reward her then go directly back in. It's going to take a few trips for her to figure it out but she'll learn that going outside and going potty right away earns her a reward. Also definitely try to get her outside more often. Only going two or three times is asking an awful lot of the animal. Before and after every meal for sure and also first thing in the morning, when you get home and last thing in the evening. When in doubt take them out.

If you do have to crate the dog you can ease the transition by feeding her in the kennel for a couple weeks. Also putting the kennel in your bedroom at night might be a good idea. Just prepare yourself for some dog whimpering for a couple nights.

Never had a dog trained at Petsmart but the trainers at the one we go to do really seem to care about animals. You can also call a couple local rescues and ask them to recommend a trainer.[/QUOTE]

Yea we are starting to do the treat/praise thing. What I am doing is taking her to a fenced base ball field and have her run around to "get things flowing"...that some times does the trick...however there are times she doesn't go at all and waits til my gf gets home *then* wants to potty.. I can't win when I am trying to get a female to go potty lol.

As for the crate, well we have limited space that would support something that big so we might have to put it under the table as it seems that she has designated that as her safe spot anyways.

I just installed some new grass in my backyard and am aiming to keep it green...any recc on products to use on the dog or the grass to do so?

[quote name='joe2187']I just installed some new grass in my backyard and am aiming to keep it green...any recc on products to use on the dog or the grass to do so?[/QUOTE]

The way I see it you have three options

1. Pray
2. Take the dog for a walk every time he goes out
3. Limit the dog to one spot. Our dogs were killing our grass so we fenced off a part of the yard and just let them out in that one section. They ruin that part of the yard but the rest is saved.

[quote name='perdition(troy']my dogs pee makes the grass grow in thick and green. no complaints here[/QUOTE]

You just have to feed the dog Miracle Grow first.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/20284853

New foster. I simply cannot comprehend how someone would be willing to let this guy go. He's just an amazing dog. Completely potty trained, I can leave him alone with my other dog with issues, knows his name and comes when called, cuddles on the couch, slept at my feet all night long, bit of a leash puller on the walk but I put the gentle leader branded harness on him and got rid of that within seconds, stays nearby at the off leash park, etc...

I haven't even had him for 24 hours yet and I'm tempted to adopt him.

[quote name='nasum']http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/20284853

New foster. I simply cannot comprehend how someone would be willing to let this guy go. He's just an amazing dog. Completely potty trained, I can leave him alone with my other dog with issues, knows his name and comes when called, cuddles on the couch, slept at my feet all night long, bit of a leash puller on the walk but I put the gentle leader branded harness on him and got rid of that within seconds, stays nearby at the off leash park, etc...

I haven't even had him for 24 hours yet and I'm tempted to adopt him.[/QUOTE]
Cute dog. This is why my wife will never be allowed to foster dogs, because she would want to take them all. We already have two frenchies and two cats.

Well shit. I get home after leaving both dogs run free in the house while at work and get the surprise of not a single mess. No chewing on anything, no poop, no piss, no garbage knocked over or anything like that. Looks like they played tug of war with the rope floss thingy and maybe played chase in the hall a bit. Basically exactly what I wanted in a 2nd dog. Of course I decide I like the guy and someone calls about him so I have to call them back and have a chat about the pup.

bread's done
Back