Double Dragon CONFIRMED for May 9th, 400 MS POINTS!!! Updated with the Achievements!

Flyersfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
ACHEIVEMENT LISTING FORMAT:

Acheivement
Gamerscore
Requirements

Good Score
Get 20,000 points.

Demolition Man
Kill two enemies with a single stick of dynamite in a single player game.

All Tools
Pick up a whip, a bat, a knife, a drum, a carton, a stick of dynamite, and a rock.

Third Base
Finish mission 3 holding a baseball bat.

No Swimming
Pass the bridge in mission 3 without falling in the water.

Untouchable
Complete mission 1 in a single player game without being hit.

Invade the Base
Reach mission 4 in a co-op game without continues.

No Mercy
Take out all the enemies before the final boss in a single player game.

Sneaky
Avoid the wall traps in mission 4.

Bare Hands
Complete a single player game without using any object.

Get the Girl
Beat the other player at the end of a co-op game.

Hero
Complete a single player game without continues.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=238

It has now been confirmed, and for 400 MS Points!

Thanks, CAG 79.

REDMOND, Wash. — May 8, 2007 — The legendary arcade classic that introduced gamers to co-op street-brawling action is back and looking better than ever. Team up with a friend or prepare to go it alone, because “Double Dragon” is hitting Xbox LIVE® Arcade Wednesday, May 9, at 9 a.m. GMT (2 a.m. PDT).
“Double Dragon,” from Empire Interactive Ltd., is a genuine re-creation of the classic coin-op arcade game. For the first time ever, fans of the franchise can play “Double Dragon” online with a friend over Xbox LIVE.1 The game features enhanced art, a new soundtrack and a host of extras.
“Double Dragon” is the story of Billy and Jimmy Lee, twin brothers who learned to fight on the cold, tough streets of their city. Their expert knowledge of the ancient martial art of Sou-Setsu-Ken, combined with their streetwise outlook, means that they’re two of the most formidable combatants ever to walk the streets. Billy and Jimmy will use their feet, fists, elbows and whatever weapons come to hand to defeat the gang that kidnapped Billy’s girlfriend.
“Double Dragon” will be available worldwide for 400 Microsoft® Points and is rated E10+ by the Entertainment Software Rating Board, with mild suggestive themes and violence.
Game Features
The title includes the following:
·Two-player co-op multiplayer locally or over Xbox LIVE1
·Special extras such as a look at the original Japanese and U.S. “Double Dragon” sales fliers
·Gameplay with either the original graphics or with new high-definition graphics
·All new music
·Hints and tips for newcomers
·Three leaderboards
·Customizable button configurations
·Ability to earn up to 12 Achievements and 200 Gamerscore points
More information is available at http://www.xbox.com/games/livearcade.

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/05/08/SixNewTitles.aspx

I've been looking forward to this since TMNT. Just figured it needed to be on Live

[quote name='lilboo']400 points? ::crosses fingers::[/QUOTE]

I think it will be. I'm pumped for this one of my all time favorite games.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']What version is this?

I've always preferred Double Dragon II NES Version over everything else[/QUOTE]
Looks like the arcade version of the orginal game.

Was gonna drop 400 on Centi/Millipede but this is 400 times betters, so I'll be saving my points for next week. Hope the XBox Live co-op and single player co-op is good, and controls well of course.

/cheer

/elbow
/elbow

I remember finishing this game in the arcade back in the day. It was an elbow showdown between player 1 and 2!

This was the game that really turned me onto video games for life. Up until then my first love was kung fu and kicking people in the head (at 4 yrs old!). Until then the only things I'd played was battlezone on the atari 2600 at a neighbour's house which I found boring and those simple car racing games where you switched lanes and dodged traffic at the arcades. I only played those because they were pitifully easy and the adults seemed to be impressed that I could dodge cars lol.

However after moving to Australia I think the first two games I ever played were Operation Wolf and Double Dragon, I think Double Dragon was the first but it was definitely love at first sight. Man I couldn't stop thinking about that game and I remmeber my parents trying to help me by saying "punch then kick punch then kick" which is about the worst advice if you know the game ;) to this day it still has more move diversity than many brawlers and some classic school yard moves like headlocks and knees to the head :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'] river city ransom... heck, any other brawler.[/QUOTE]

River City Ransom one of my all time favorite games. I paid way to much for a GBA cart of that game.

[quote name='Graystone']River City Ransom one of my all time favorite games. I paid way to much for a GBA cart of that game.[/quote]
I bet it was totally worth it though :p

hurrah for double dragon finally coming out, somebody PLEASE play co-op with me the day this comes out, PLEASE! :D

The review in the OXM was not that favorable....they basically said it was a good half hour for single player, half hour for multiplayer....a good ONE hour of fun. No replay value....

[quote name='doubledown']The review in the OXM was not that favorable....they basically said it was a good half hour for single player, half hour for multiplayer....a good ONE hour of fun. No replay value....[/quote]

Morons. It's still a blast to play through, MUCH better then the TMNT arcade game.

[quote name='Sporadic']Awesome.

I hope they still have the old music in it too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was my only concern.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I never beat this game on the NES, hopefully that will change now.[/QUOTE]

The part about beating it on the NES wont :p

just kidding of course, im in the same boat.

[quote name='lilboo']400 points? ::crosses fingers::[/QUOTE]

hey me, you're right!
Woo hoo!

This is exciting. I wonder if there's going to be another release tomorrow as well.

[quote name='lilboo']hey me, you're right!
Woo hoo!

This is exciting. I wonder if there's going to be another release tomorrow as well.[/QUOTE]

Silly people :p

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117553

We've known it was 400 points for a long time. Id like to point out that sporadic made the original thread and none other than CAG 79 was the first to say it will be 400 points in the first thread too lol.

Either way im really glad this is finally out, it was originally supposed to be out in March but I cant complain with the great releases microsoft has provided after the long winter drought.

Good deal, my GHII points are going to go to this. Hopefully its as fun as I remember. Double Dragon 2 is my all time fave beat 'em up, but the first one was fun as well.

Monsta Mack, have any idea how much puzzle quest will cost?

Can't wait until Double Dragon drops. I wonder if they will also include the multiplayer 1vs1 fighting that the nes had. You could play as various characters. It was cheesy but what the hell. :D

Anyone else gonna be up at 4 (or is it 5) AM EST when this drops? I have 4 papers to write so I'll be up that late anyway. Post up if anyone is interested in getting some Co-Op going on.

[quote name='Morpheus']Monsta Mack, have any idea how much puzzle quest will cost?

Can't wait until Double Dragon drops. I wonder if they will also include the multi player 1vs1 fighting that the NES had. You could play as various characters. It was cheesy but what the hell. :D[/QUOTE]

I don't know how much Puzzle Quest will cost but I'm sure it will be pretty damn high considering the PSP and DS versions retailed at $29.99. My guess is 1600 points which would be $20 roughly. But wouldn't be shocked if it was more. I'll have to get more points for sure when it comes out, but I have a feeling it won't be out till the end of this year/early next year.

I am still getting this game despite already owning it for the Gameboy (twice, the classic and the remake for the GBA) and the NES. That means I've bought this game four times. Whoa. The game play never feels boring and I'm a achievement whore so I want to dig in those new achievements. Also since this has co-op over Live it should be fun with my buddy, granted TMNT was better in that regards since I could play with three other people.

516Z5GN0HVL._SS500_.jpg

I call dibs on Scott Wolf ;)

bread's done
Back