Download Shiny Beasts, Celebi at GameStop, Ash's Pikachu @ Toys R Us, Victini via WFC

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Free shiny versions of the three Pokemon (also with special moves) will be available in the new year at GameStop. Raikou from Jan 3-9, Entei from Jan 17-23, and Suicune from Jan 31-Feb 6. In addition, Toys R Us will be distributing Ash's Pikachu from Jan 30-Feb 13. Then, GameStop will again be offering another download (non-shiny Celebi) from Feb 21-March 6.

Celebi can also be had at the Pokemon Mall Tour, and the Legendary Beasts are currently being redistributed over NWFC.

Via Nintendo WiFi connection (yay for not having to go to a store), the first DLC for Pokemon Black & White will be made available in the form of the new psychic & fire type Pokemon, Victini. You will not be able to download Victini directly. It will be an item called a "Liberty Pass" that you'll be able to download via Nintendo WiFi connection, and this item will eventually trigger the unlocking of Victini in the game. The Liberty Pass will be available for download from March 6th-April 10th.

Beasts: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/trio/

Ash's Pikachu: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4311963

Celebi: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/celebi/

Victini: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/pokemon/special-encounters/

Also, something to note for those who plan on transfering:

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']There are two methods to migrate Pokemon from Diamond, Peal, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver to Black and White: The PokeTransfer (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml) and the Transfer Machine (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/transfermachine.shtml). The PokeTransfer is use to migrate all of your regular Pokemon to Black and White and is accessible only after completing the game. The Transfer Machine is used for migrating the Event Pokemon Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Celebi and is available only after telling a special phrase to a character in Castelia City.

If you transfer the Event Rikou, Entei, Suicune, or Celebi through the PokeTransfer they will NOT unlock the Zorua and Zoroark Events.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jbyrd117']so what exactly do i do on my ds to get the pokemon? is it in the ds main menu or in the pokemon menu? or do i have to go to a certain place in the game to initiate the transfer? i'm a noob[/QUOTE]
click the link in the OP, there are detailed instructions there. Right side of the page, all the way to the bottom

This link

[quote name='silkysmooth']Finally got it at the 3rd gamestop in my area.

First two would only turn it on if I was going to pre-order B/W.

Told them no thanks and moved on.
[/QUOTE]

Wow, even more of a reason on why I hate Gamestop. I hope the one that's five minutes from my house doesn't pull that crap. The nearest one after that is 45 minutes away.

The wonder card thing was pretty weird for me. I had 3 on my Diamond, but it would only let me "trash" one. Maybe the oldest one? I am not sure what was up with that, but I got my pokes. The GS employee said he had gotten his earlier in the day.

[quote name='silkysmooth']Finally got it at the 3rd gamestop in my area.

First two would only turn it on if I was going to pre-order B/W.

Told them no thanks and moved on.

Finally at the 3rd gamestop I got it done. Did it from my car too even though I would have gone inside if I had to.

I got the Raikou and the roaming Raikou in my game is still available. Getting your shiny beast through this event has NO effect on getting the roaming one you can find in game.

Can't wait for the next one! :)[/QUOTE]

Its supposed to be a FREE no charge download, so if they didn't let you download then I would have called corporate to complain about these 2 stores. There is no requirement to buy or preorder anything to download the Pokemon.

I almost got in an argument with one girl about it. I told her that if I pre-ordered it now, what would guarantee me the ability to get Entei and Suicune later in the month. It's not like I'm going to pre-order the game 3 separate times. I was under the impression that this is something that should be on and available all the time and it clearly wasn't. Normally don't shop at GameStop and rarely trade in games there anyway so this is just more reason to steer clear. I mean it's not like I'm going to skip B/W when they come out, but I'm not about to be forced to pre-order the game somewhere to get something that otherwise should be free. I'll just wait until BB or Amazon has it for a few dollars cheaper the week it comes out.

Although I shouldn't complain. I wouldn't be able to get them otherwise. Just glad that the rumor about not being able to catch the roaming beasts after getting the shiny ones from the event turned out to be false.

[quote name='Gertle627']The wonder card thing was pretty weird for me. I had 3 on my Diamond, but it would only let me "trash" one. Maybe the oldest one? I am not sure what was up with that, but I got my pokes. The GS employee said he had gotten his earlier in the day.[/QUOTE]

If the game won't let you delete a Wonder Card, that means you haven't picked up the thing that came with it.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Did you tell them they were assholes?[/QUOTE]

Thats cause for a 'Glitterbitch' and an 'accidental' magazine rack overturn.

Theres no way I would have left that store without making my feeling known to those douchebags.

I read the instructions in one of the links. I have never played a single minute of any Pokemon game ever. But my son might want to get in on this (he's never played either) and we just got HeartGold for $19.99 last week at Best Buy. It says you need to get the "Pokedex" before you can download these. How long does it take from starting up a new game to get such a thing? I can have him start and maybe try to get the first one this weekend if it doesn't take too long.

[quote name='io']I read the instructions in one of the links. I have never played a single minute of any Pokemon game ever. But my son might want to get in on this (he's never played either) and we just got HeartGold for $19.99 last week at Best Buy. It says you need to get the "Pokedex" before you can download these. How long does it take from starting up a new game to get such a thing? I can have him start and maybe try to get the first one this weekend if it doesn't take too long.[/QUOTE]

Not long at all, if you just make your way to the first city.

[quote name='io']I read the instructions in one of the links. I have never played a single minute of any Pokemon game ever. But my son might want to get in on this (he's never played either) and we just got HeartGold for $19.99 last week at Best Buy. It says you need to get the "Pokedex" before you can download these. How long does it take from starting up a new game to get such a thing? I can have him start and maybe try to get the first one this weekend if it doesn't take too long.[/QUOTE]

20 minutes at most.

Depending on if he's accustomed to Pokemon it'll take about 25-30 minutes. You'll have to run an errand for Professor Elm. Finishing this errand you will get the Johto Pokedex from Professor Oak. Once you've received the Dex from Oak, you'll be able to accept mystery gifts.

Bear in mind. He will not be able to use (effectively) these Legendary Beasts until he has at least 2 trainer badges. Celebi is a level 50 so he'll need to get 4+ badges before he'll listen.

Just got back from picking up my Raikou. I happened to be buying a game anyway so I got it while waiting for the girl behind the counter to get the game disc. It went smoothly, I just wish I'd be around a GS to get Suicine and Pikachu. Stupid college without a GS or TRU nearby!

I'm in a way, impressed with the audacity of some of these GS employees. Using Nintendo's own cartridges to meet their own damn preorder quota. I hope for Gen V they just stick with WiFi. Fortunately I haven't had any problems, and if they do arise, there are about 10 of them in my area.

It took all of about 90 seconds from start to finish today for me to pick up Raikou.

And in the deal, GameStop also got me to buy some strategy guides I otherwise would not have been interested in. I got a Shiny legendary, GameStop got some money. Both sides are happy.

[quote name='Bloomy']If the game won't let you delete a Wonder Card, that means you haven't picked up the thing that came with it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I found this out before I read it, though. Went to the pokemart to get my Raikou & the guy gave me Regigigas. So I put that in the PC and went back. Then he gave me Jirachi. Lol, shows how much I play these days.

Went to gamestop today to reserve Kingdom hearts recoded. While i was giving the guy my info i got my shiny legendary. Everyone keep looking at me weird tho and saying "Why's that old guy playing pokemon?"

I'm only 20 years old, I'm not that old :(.
Thanks for the heads up OP

I can't believe some GS's are using this to get pre-orders. I work at a GS and I can say if you are refused for this reason, call a district manager. If they give you the run around still, call Nintendo. This should not be a paid event and no purchase is necessary period.

[quote name='discordman']I can't believe some GS's are using this to get pre-orders. I work at a GS and I can say if you are refused for this reason, call a district manager. If they give you the run around still, call Nintendo. This should not be a paid event and no purchase is necessary period.[/QUOTE]

Out of curisosity, is it true that if each employee doesnt get a certain amount of preorders and a certain amount of powerup subscriptions per week, then that employee is automatically fired? If true, it must be extremley easy to get preorders and subscriptions. If this practice really happens, you'd assume there is a constant turn around time with gamestop employment, but i've always been under the impresion that gamestop is one of the hardest damn jobs in all of retail to get because so many white males apply and very few people leave.

[quote name='Tobezijian']Went to gamestop today to reserve Kingdom hearts recoded. While i was giving the guy my info i got my shiny legendary. Everyone keep looking at me weird tho and saying "Why's that old guy playing pokemon?"

Thanks for the heads up OP[/QUOTE]

I guess it is okay for a 20 year old girl to play Pokemon though. The person getting my game discs started a conversation with me about changing the date when they finished work so they could get all of them at once.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Out of curisosity, is it true that if each employee doesnt get a certain amount of preorders and a certain amount of powerup subscriptions per week, then that employee is automatically fired? If true, it must be extremley easy to get preorders and subscriptions. If this practice really happens, you'd assume there is a constant turn around time with gamestop employment, but i've always been under the impresion that gamestop is one of the
hardest damn jobs in all of retail to get because so many white males apply and very few people leave.[/QUOTE]

This is going to be really off topic but oh well..

Gamestop is a sales job like any other retail job. However they probably do get a ton of applicants because everyone wants to work there because people somehow have this delusion that its fun to work with video games. Each store only has a couple employees so its not like a conventional retail store that has 50 or more employees per store. I haven't seen more than 2 working any store in my area at once however if its the holiday season they probably have more like 3 employees working at once. I would imagine this makes it harder to score a job there.

While we are on the subject, you probably don't want a job there, having to deal with opinionated gamers, soccer moms and god knows what else walks into that store doesn't sound like fun. Plus since its a sales job you have to push push push people to buy things, you have to meet quota's in order to keep your job so you can actually get hours, and I wouldn't want to be doing that. The store is tiny and the customers that come in are usually smelly and since its so small the smell lingers longer. Honestly I would rather work at a grocery store if I had a choice. When hiring you they don't care about your knowledge of video games they only care that you can sell things to customers.

It would probably be really cool to work at an independent game store though, that sold all kinds of different consoles because you could talk to the customers about a wide variety of gaming topics. The last time I went to the flea market I had a lot of fun talking to the different sellers about video games and they had fun talking to me about them especially the sellers at the larger booths and they seemed like they were genuinely interested in video games. Gamestop is just a retail sales job where you just happen to be selling video games so its not really like that. I don't really try to carry a conversation with the clerks there unless I personally know the clerk because the clerks at GS think that is annoying.

I was an asst. manager and back then there was pressure to make sales, but given the area the store was in, I stopped being worried about it and did my job helping people. And people liked my honest views versus trying to get them to buy a ton of stuff and getting on back about a sub or reserve; they often made those on me being respectful versus being pushing or being a jerk about it.

I went to a GS, but I wasn't able to get the Raikou. I'm hoping I can get out tomorrow to get one for my SoulSilver, can you trade on from another person? I'm thinking I may need to see about doing that if I can get out in time.

Got my free Pokemon in Pearl and Heart gold today, and my gf got one for her Diamond game. Now I just need to remember to go back in two weeks.

Picked it up today after going to 3 Gamestops. Tried to get it from the parking lot (relatively close to the store), but it wasn't working. I tried stopping my car right infront of the store, and it worked. I guess the range isn't as big as some people thought.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Picked it up today after going to 3 Gamestops. Tried to get it from the parking lot (relatively close to the store), but it wasn't working. I tried stopping my car right infront of the store, and it worked. I guess the range isn't as big as some people thought.[/QUOTE]
It's probably because the range of the signal will be dependent upon the range that the broadcasting DS system gets, not GameStop's routers.

Before I went to GS, a friend and I had lunch at Panera next door. We could both get GS's WiFi but not the signal of the DS.

[quote name='Tobezijian']Went to gamestop today to reserve Kingdom hearts recoded. While i was giving the guy my info i got my shiny legendary. Everyone keep looking at me weird tho and saying "Why's that old guy playing pokemon?"

Thanks for the heads up OP[/QUOTE]
Probably less about an "old guy" playing Pokemon and more about somebody taking out their DS to download something in store. There would naturally be some curiosity about that IMO if they didn't know about the giveaways in the first place.

[quote name='chickenbutt']I heard you can change the date on your DS to get the other Pokemons. Anyone tried it and know if its true or not?[/QUOTE]

You have to change the date on the transmitting DS, not the receiving DS. So you would have to do that on the DS Gamestop is using to give out the free Pokemon.

[quote name='Monroeski']Probably less about an "old guy" playing Pokemon and more about somebody taking out their DS to download something in store. There would naturally be some curiosity about that IMO if they didn't know about the giveaways in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Yeah most people assume you're there to buy games or play demos at a store, not bring your own games in and just start playing them. It feels weird with Pokemon and feels only (just) a little less weird with Dragon Quest IX. Just do whatever feels comfortable. I'm not one to judge how someone gets their free Pokemon.

(I got my Raikou at a GS that's right in front of a food court.):cool:

Sucks, the GS closest to me can't do it. Nintendo has to fix their machine, so no Shiny Raikou for me. I'll go another GS to get the other shiny Pokemon. If anyone has a extra shiny they want to trade or whatever, I don't have any great pokemon, really a casual player, let me know.

[quote name='kofijamal']Sucks, the GS closest to me can't do it. Nintendo has to fix their machine, so no Shiny Raikou for me. I'll go another GS to get the other shiny Pokemon. If anyone has a extra shiny they want to trade or whatever, I don't have any great pokemon, really a casual player, let me know.[/QUOTE]

Fix their machine? It's just a special DS cart, the GS employees put it into one of the used DS systems they have for sale and, provided the date is set correctly on the DS, it will work.

Huh, he told me it was Nintendo's issue because something had to be repared and they wanted a GS employee to come in at some unreasonable hour to be there. I gave him the benefit of doubt because I worked at one years ago and know how things can get jacked up, and I was trying to get home to watch my Ravens play. But if THAT'S the case, I don't even know what to think. Sucks.

Got mine (for Diamond and SoulSilver) yesterday. Stayed in my car for the downloads.

Where is this talk to Legendaries no longer being available coming from? Raikou doesn't show up on the map if I recall anyways. I'm 99% certain I caught the wild one AFTER I picked up the Shiny.

In for 2! Took my ds and diamond an soulsilver and got 2 shinies today. Gamestop had a huge line but luckily i turned on my ds and it picked it up quick. No interaction needed!

Kids and I grabbed 4 Raikous from the GS parking lot this afternoon. I park further away each time to see how far the signal reaches.

i went to get my raikou. but had to delete a card or something, saying i had 3 already. what happens if i delete a card, do i lose everything that the card gave? i had to delete the yellow road or something that had the pikachus, does that mean i cant use that route on my pokewalker anymore? or am i alright to delete old cards.

Drove to the front door of gamestop after they closed tonight and was able to download Raikou no problem, and didnt have to deal with people or parking issues.

[quote name='thisjustanother']i went to get my raikou. but had to delete a card or something, saying i had 3 already. what happens if i delete a card, do i lose everything that the card gave? i had to delete the yellow road or something that had the pikachus, does that mean i cant use that route on my pokewalker anymore? or am i alright to delete old cards.[/QUOTE]

If you've collected the item/pokemon/route/ect from the delivery guy at the dept store you don't need the card anymore.

[quote name='dallascowboys']Sucks that it snowed on the last day, so I didn't want to go out and get it. How difficult would it be to change the date on the unit?[/QUOTE]
I forget the deal I went in for months ago (years?), but I had missed the previous two giveaways. Without me even bringing it up, the guy that works there asked if I had gotten the previous ones, and when I said I hadn't he changed the date for me so I could get the current deal AND both previous ones. The entire episode only lasted 4 minutes or so IIRC.

In other words, not very difficult.

[quote name='Bloomy']Fix their machine? It's just a special DS cart, the GS employees put it into one of the used DS systems they have for sale and, provided the date is set correctly on the DS, it will work.[/QUOTE]
Carts can still break.

bread's done
Back