Download Shiny Beasts, Celebi at GameStop, Ash's Pikachu @ Toys R Us, Victini via WFC

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Free shiny versions of the three Pokemon (also with special moves) will be available in the new year at GameStop. Raikou from Jan 3-9, Entei from Jan 17-23, and Suicune from Jan 31-Feb 6. In addition, Toys R Us will be distributing Ash's Pikachu from Jan 30-Feb 13. Then, GameStop will again be offering another download (non-shiny Celebi) from Feb 21-March 6.

Celebi can also be had at the Pokemon Mall Tour, and the Legendary Beasts are currently being redistributed over NWFC.

Via Nintendo WiFi connection (yay for not having to go to a store), the first DLC for Pokemon Black & White will be made available in the form of the new psychic & fire type Pokemon, Victini. You will not be able to download Victini directly. It will be an item called a "Liberty Pass" that you'll be able to download via Nintendo WiFi connection, and this item will eventually trigger the unlocking of Victini in the game. The Liberty Pass will be available for download from March 6th-April 10th.

Beasts: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/trio/

Ash's Pikachu: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4311963

Celebi: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/celebi/

Victini: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/pokemon/special-encounters/

Also, something to note for those who plan on transfering:

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']There are two methods to migrate Pokemon from Diamond, Peal, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver to Black and White: The PokeTransfer (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml) and the Transfer Machine (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/transfermachine.shtml). The PokeTransfer is use to migrate all of your regular Pokemon to Black and White and is accessible only after completing the game. The Transfer Machine is used for migrating the Event Pokemon Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Celebi and is available only after telling a special phrase to a character in Castelia City.

If you transfer the Event Rikou, Entei, Suicune, or Celebi through the PokeTransfer they will NOT unlock the Zorua and Zoroark Events.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JAlbertL']Has anyone in Chicago had any luck downloading? I've gone twice already and nothing. Maybe I should update my system.[/QUOTE]

Don't know where you're located but I got it on the southwest side. Good luck trying to get it.

Went to a gamestop I know is giving them out. Tried for about 15 minutes to get Raikou but it kept saying no mystery gift available. Going to go back during the day tomorrow and try again. I've never really been online with my pokemon games before so I hope I'm not doing something wrong.

[quote name='silkysmooth']Went to a gamestop I know is giving them out. Tried for about 15 minutes to get Raikou but it kept saying no mystery gift available. Going to go back during the day tomorrow and try again. I've never really been online with my pokemon games before so I hope I'm not doing something wrong.[/QUOTE]
If you still have problems, you should ask the employees if the DS distributing the Pokemon is turned on.

Yeah I was in my car so I'm thinking I wasn't close enough. I'll go tomorrow during the day when the store is less likely to be crowded to avoid the embarrassment of being seen playing pokemon xD

[quote name='elyfant422']Don't know where you're located but I got it on the southwest side. Good luck trying to get it.[/QUOTE]
Tried the Gamestops in Chicago again with no luck. I eventually got it in Cicero.

[quote name='hoofrog']BTW, I thought we were past all this "come to the store" to download nonsense. We have used wifi to download the last few promos.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's ridiculous they're still doing it this way.

Question: What are the wonder cards for? I had to delete one in order to download Raikou. Are they important to keep?

[quote name='Animekatt']Question: What are the wonder cards for? I had to delete one in order to download Raikou. Are they important to keep?[/QUOTE]

3 wonder cards. No they are not important. Just save ur game after getting ur pokemon

[quote name='miriamleo']Do we really have to look all nerdy and pull out a DS in a Gamestop to get these Pokemon?[/QUOTE]

No, you can put some jordans on and lower your pants 3 inches down to look fly

[quote name='Animekatt']Question: What are the wonder cards for? I had to delete one in order to download Raikou. Are they important to keep?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo has the option of enabling sharing on the events, so if someone missed an event, they could receive it from another player. I think the sharing would be activated through a saved Wonder Card. Unfortunately, only one event has had sharing enabled (the Secret Key release for Japanese Platinum), so there's no real reason to keep them.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']No, you can put some jordans on and lower your pants 3 inches down to look fly[/QUOTE]

Or you can pretend to look at games against the wall directly behind a floor case so that no one sees you when you pull out your DS like I did.

To those people downloading from their cars: grow a pair.

[quote name='JAlbertL']Or you can pretend to look at games against the wall directly behind a floor case so that no one sees you when you pull out your DS like I did.

To those people downloading from their cars: grow a pair.[/QUOTE]

With my luck they would think I'm stealing something.:roll:
I think I'll just go in there and do it in the open for all to see and know that I'm a 22 year old nerd.

I don't know why anyone would be embarassed of the game or going to GS to get a special Pokemon. You're all players of the game and are supporting them being made, you should be proud of it, not embarassed at all.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I don't know why anyone would be embarassed of the game or going to GS to get a special Pokemon. You're all players of the game and are supporting them being made, you should be proud of it, not embarassed at all.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you. There are a lot of people above the age of 18 that play pokemon. In fact I went to my local gamestop last night and downloaded him to each of my pokemon games. I now have 5 of him and will do the same for the other exclusives. Mostly the celebi and ash's pikachu.

[quote name='JAlbertL']Or you can pretend to look at games against the wall directly behind a floor case so that no one sees you when you pull out your DS like I did.

To those people downloading from their cars: grow a pair.[/QUOTE]
You're cowering in the fucking corner hoping nobody sees you and you're telling somebody else to grow a pair?

Downloading in the car is more for simplicity than anything else. Going in requires being bothered by the employees and being asked multiple times if they can help you find anything.

[quote name='Monroeski']You're cowering in the fucking corner hoping nobody sees you and you're telling somebody else to grow a pair?[/QUOTE]
It's called irony. That and I wish I could do it from my car. I wish Gamestop had something worth buying though. I hate just going there to download the Pokemon. $30 for Little King's Story? Newegg has it for half that.

But yeah I'll man up for the next one. My Raikou has a rash nature. Is that good or bad?

[quote name='JAlbertL']It's called irony. That and I wish I could do it from my car.

But yeah I'll man up for the next one. My Raikou has a rash nature. Is that good or bad?[/QUOTE]
Ah. Sorry, doesn't always come across correctly on the internet. ;)

[quote name='JAlbertL']But yeah I'll man up for the next one. My Raikou has a rash nature. Is that good or bad?[/QUOTE]
It's not great, but it's usable. Rash increases Sp Atk and decreased Sp Def. Ideally you'd want to increase either Sp Atk or Speed, but while decreasing Atk, since you probably wouldn't be using any physical moves with such a high Sp Atk stat.

I'm hoping one of the 5 I'm getting tomorrow have decent IVs so I can actually EV train and possibly use one in a BT run.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I don't know why anyone would be embarassed of the game or going to GS to get a special Pokemon. You're all players of the game and are supporting them being made, you should be proud of it, not embarassed at all.[/QUOTE]

Who's embarassed? It's a lot simpler to stay in the car download, change carts, rinse and repeat. And I don't have to talk to the store clerk! :bouncy:

[quote name='mogamer']Who's embarassed? It's a lot simpler to stay in the car download, change carts, rinse and repeat. And I don't have to talk to the store clerk! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
That's why I'm going to try to do it from the car. I've never had a problem going into the store before, but 1. I don't like the random small talk/sales pitch I get if there aren't many people in the store (I just want to get in and get out in the few seconds it takes, and I can't stand to rudely break away from the conversation), and 2. it always feels kind of funny to me just walking into the store and walking out without bothering to look at ANYTHING except my DS screen.

Also, I have two DSes (one of which has some broken buttons but should be able to make it through the process) so staying in the car would be easier than juggling them in the store; The one I'm going to is pretty small and pretty much literally has no counter space to set one on while I work with the other so I'd just about be forced to hold them both the whole time.

Ugh.

Gamestop (and TRU for Pikachu) are 35 miles away (one-way). I actually think I'm gonna be lame enough to drive all the way down each week for these.

[quote name='Gertle627']It's not great, but it's usable. Rash increases Sp Atk and decreased Sp Def. Ideally you'd want to increase either Sp Atk or Speed, but while decreasing Atk, since you probably wouldn't be using any physical moves with such a high Sp Atk stat.

I'm hoping one of the 5 I'm getting tomorrow have decent IVs so I can actually EV train and possibly use one in a BT run.[/QUOTE]

The shiny Raikou's nature is set to Rash so it can't be anything but that.

I downloaded four Raikou yesterday. I have one in Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

[quote name='Rig']Ugh.

Gamestop (and TRU for Pikachu) are 35 miles away (one-way). I actually think I'm gonna be lame enough to drive all the way down each week for these.[/QUOTE]
It's worth it for shiny legendaries.

And Celebi is one of the hardest to get in the US.

Hmm, I need to remind myself tomorrow to bring my DS tomorrow. Gamestop is almost right from Panera Bread which I go get a coffee from often. So I will probably get my shiny's outside the store, then go get a drink at Panera :D.

I got mine, at first I didn't want to work, so I went in to make sure they had it. After restarting the game it worked. I got 2 one for Heart Gold and one for Diamond.

FYI - the Celebi isnt shiny. A buddy of mine got the distro cart from work. If you're cool with the guys at the store they may be able to hook you up. All that needs to happen is to have the dates changed on the DS and you can get all 4.

Not sure the range is as wide as people are saying. I parked my car probably about 20 feet away from the entrance of the Gamestop..no dice. I had to shamefully walk in to get my Pokemon.

I called yesterday and they said there disk was messed up along with some other stores. He said to check back Monday. Ugh. Just give me my free pokemon already!

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I called yesterday and they said there disk was messed up along with some other stores. He said to check back Monday. Ugh. Just give me my free pokemon already![/QUOTE]

The first Poke is gone after this Sunday, so get it before then! After that you'd have to manipulate the date on the distributing DS to get it.

I grabbed 4 yesterday for me and the wife. One each for Diamond, Platinum, HG, and SS.

I quit worrying about being cool a long, long time ago but I understand the embarrassment thing. It's hard not to worry about what other people think. Anyhow...

I called ahead and asked about the Pokemon event. After correcting me "it's not an event" the clerk told me they were participating.

When I showed up a 20-something couple politely ask about it right before I did. The clerk responds: "I give you this paper and you download it. That's how it works". However, there was no access point, no nothing. The clerk restarts the DS. Nothing. "Well, it has to work or the other five people didn't say anything".

He acts all stressed out and rings a few people up before going to the back and returning with a bubble envelope containing the distribution cart. "My rep didn't do anything".

Oh man, I lol'd hard...inside. I didn't want to be an asshole customer...even though the clerk was a self assured asshole.

My errands were on the wrong side of town that night and I couldn't go to the store staffed by nice guys. Still, the whole experience was good for a laugh.

[quote name='Puffa469']The first Poke is gone after this Sunday, so get it before then! After that you'd have to manipulate the date on the distributing DS to get it.

I grabbed 4 yesterday for me and the wife. One each for Diamond, Platinum, HG, and SS.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could get it, but apparently something isn't working. I want the damn Pokemon as well. It sucks really. I'll walk in there as well with my DS out. I could care less what they think about me or if I play pokemon. Pokemon was a staple when I was a kid. I miss Red and Blue. Wish I could find the old seasons of Pokemon.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I wish I could get it, but apparently something isn't working. I want the damn Pokemon as well. It sucks really. I'll walk in there as well with my DS out. I could care less what they think about me or if I play pokemon. Pokemon was a staple when I was a kid. I miss Red and Blue. Wish I could find the old seasons of Pokemon.[/QUOTE]

Have you actually gone to a store yet and try it? I find it hard to believe that more than one store in your area has problems. Maybe the sales clerk was trying to screw with you?

bread's done
Back