Download Shiny Beasts, Celebi at GameStop, Ash's Pikachu @ Toys R Us, Victini via WFC

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Free shiny versions of the three Pokemon (also with special moves) will be available in the new year at GameStop. Raikou from Jan 3-9, Entei from Jan 17-23, and Suicune from Jan 31-Feb 6. In addition, Toys R Us will be distributing Ash's Pikachu from Jan 30-Feb 13. Then, GameStop will again be offering another download (non-shiny Celebi) from Feb 21-March 6.

Celebi can also be had at the Pokemon Mall Tour, and the Legendary Beasts are currently being redistributed over NWFC.

Via Nintendo WiFi connection (yay for not having to go to a store), the first DLC for Pokemon Black & White will be made available in the form of the new psychic & fire type Pokemon, Victini. You will not be able to download Victini directly. It will be an item called a "Liberty Pass" that you'll be able to download via Nintendo WiFi connection, and this item will eventually trigger the unlocking of Victini in the game. The Liberty Pass will be available for download from March 6th-April 10th.

Beasts: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/trio/

Ash's Pikachu: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4311963

Celebi: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/celebi/

Victini: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/pokemon/special-encounters/

Also, something to note for those who plan on transfering:

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']There are two methods to migrate Pokemon from Diamond, Peal, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver to Black and White: The PokeTransfer (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml) and the Transfer Machine (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/transfermachine.shtml). The PokeTransfer is use to migrate all of your regular Pokemon to Black and White and is accessible only after completing the game. The Transfer Machine is used for migrating the Event Pokemon Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Celebi and is available only after telling a special phrase to a character in Castelia City.

If you transfer the Event Rikou, Entei, Suicune, or Celebi through the PokeTransfer they will NOT unlock the Zorua and Zoroark Events.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I'll dig out Platinum and my daughters copy of Diamond. (we had Pearl but my niece stole it and my wife won't let me accuse her..after all they would never do that...bah!)

[quote name='celegus']I'm 22, my wife's 23, and you can bet your socks we'll both be there.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see a fellow couple doing the same.

Also, I think it's worth nothing that shiny beasts are required to unlock Zoroark.

Wondercards are the virtual mechanism by which u get the downloads--its essentially a download file slot. Once you pick up your Pokemon from the Pokemon Center, the Wonder card is of no value--and it has no use or "collectability" within the game. You can have no more than 3 cards. In order to DL a new Pokemon, you will have to delete one of the previous wondercards to make room.

Its sort of like the poop a Pokemon leaves in the Pokeball after you set him free. You need to clean out the poop before you put the next Pokemon in.

[quote name='donssword']Wondercards are the virtual mechanism by which u get the downloads--its essentially a download file slot. Once you pick up your Pokemon from the Pokemon Center, the Wonder card is of no value--and it has no use or "collectability" within the game. You can have no more than 3 cards. In order to DL a new Pokemon, you will have to delete one of the previous wondercards to make room.

Its sort of like the poop a Pokemon leaves in the Pokeball after you set him free. You need to clean out the poop before you put the next Pokemon in.[/QUOTE]

Technically a Wonder Card can be tagged to be shared with friends locally, but I'm not sure they've actually ever used that feature of them

Technically a Wonder Card can be tagged to be shared with friends locally, but I'm not sure they've actually ever used that feature of them

That was done once and only in Japan with the Rotom key item distribution for Platinum.

whats so special about Ash's Pikachu?

Nothing. It's trade fodder.

[quote name='madogmgd']Hey dumbo.

This is the DEALS forum
Not the FREEBIES forum.

Take it somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Free stuff gets posted on this board all the time, newbie. No need to hate.

EDIT - Looking at your post history, you might not want to tell others what you deem to be correct behavior when you brag about deal fraud and abuse all the time. Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PR Mega X']I believe you can only have 3 Wonder Cards at a time, and each downloaded Pokemon comes with a Wonder Card. After you pick up your Pokemon from the postman, save and restart your game. You can then go in and delete the card to make room for more without losing your newly acquired Pokemon.

I can never manage to get the signal from my truck, which is unfortunate since I have 4 different copies to download to :lol:

Edit: By restart, I mean turn the game off and back on, not start a new save.[/QUOTE]
Thanks a bunch for the info and clearing that up. :)

Do all gamestops participate in this or is there any way for me to find out which gamestops will have this?

[quote name='gregnied']Do all gamestops participate in this or is there any way for me to find out which gamestops will have this?[/QUOTE]

I've been to a few different ones for Pokémon events before and they've all participated. You could probably just call your local store to check.

[quote name='madogmgd']Hey dumbo.

This is the DEALS forum
Not the FREEBIES forum.

Take it somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Most of these events do actually belong in the DS/GBA forum rather than the deals section. He's got a point. Didn't have to be a jerk about it though.

One has to wonder, if Nintendo is willing to do DLC for it's Pokemon handheld games (for free, no less) on a consistant basis...why the hell do we see so few 1st party Wii games get DLC? I'd be more than happy to purchase a few more characters or stages for Smash Bros Brawl.

[quote name='Drclaw411']One has to wonder, if Nintendo is willing to do DLC for it's Pokemon handheld games (for free, no less) on a consistant basis...why the hell do we see so few 1st party Wii games get DLC? I'd be more than happy to purchase a few more characters or stages for Smash Bros Brawl.[/QUOTE]

You should be thankful for this. This generation has been pathetic for the "nickel and diming" of gamers. I don't consider all dlc bad, it's just that too much crap is being pushed this way (and sadly P.T. Barnum was right).

Anyway, my local Gamestop always has the Pokemon downloads, so I'll start right in tomorrow.

[quote name='mogamer']You should be thankful for this. This generation has been pathetic for the "nickel and diming" of gamers. I don't consider all dlc bad, it's just that too much crap is being pushed this way (and sadly P.T. Barnum was right).

Anyway, my local Gamestop always has the Pokemon downloads, so I'll start right in tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I definitley AM thankful for this. Free DLC is always win. I'm just saying id like to see a little more DLC in general from Nintendo for their Wii games.

I would go..
But there is too many black people around the Gamestop in Newark ;_;
..Ghetto black people

They...they wouldnt have mercy on my soul if they found out i was downloading pocketmen

[quote name='supermodestmouse']there was a pokemon championship?!?!?![/QUOTE]
Hell yeah there was!
Do you meet the requirements?

pokemon-card-game-championship-winners-2883-1250868219-7.jpg

not sure if it is true, or has been mentioned, but the guy at my gamestop told me you have to reserve the new games there before you can download the three.

Considering that when they gave pokes away last year all you had to do was walk in and do mystery gift, I don't really think this is true.

[quote name='pishowda']not sure if it is true, or has been mentioned, but the guy at my gamestop told me you have to reserve the new games there before you can download the three.

Considering that when they gave pokes away last year all you had to do was walk in and do mystery gift, I don't really think this is true.[/QUOTE]

Not true at all. Guy was trying to get a preorder out of you.

[quote name='CaptainPickles']How do we know if our gamestop is participating?[/QUOTE]

mine had a huge poster on the front door

how long does it take to obtain the pokedex in heart gold? i just got it yesterday with the pokewalker and havnt opened it yet

[quote name='kearns710']how long does it take to obtain the pokedex in heart gold? i just got it yesterday with the pokewalker and havnt opened it yet[/QUOTE]
I have the same question

[quote name='kearns710']how long does it take to obtain the pokedex in heart gold? i just got it yesterday with the pokewalker and havnt opened it yet[/QUOTE]

If you've never played gold/silver probably about 15minutes. Shorter or longer depending on how much you want to explore before getting it(which basically should be zero, since you're going to have to walk back the same way you went to get the pokedex, and before having it you can't catch any pokemon).

I don't want to be an ass, but I got a buddy whose got an R4 and he's been asking me if he can download them on it. He never tried wifi before because he didn't care to, but now he wants this.

Anyone know if you can connect online with a R4 and rom and get these?

[quote name='Lt Dan']I don't want to be an ass, but I got a buddy whose got an R4 and he's been asking me if he can download them on it. He never tried wifi before because he didn't care to, but now he wants this.

Anyone know if you can connect online with a R4 and rom and get these?[/QUOTE]

This isn't an online event.

So you can connect to the wifi and get it then?

Actually hell, could I just trade him ones I get? I can just go back next day and get another, right?

[quote name='jeremiahkd']I read the promo, but i didnt see a list of participating stores...is there one?[/QUOTE]

This is what I want to know, as well.

[quote name='Lt Dan']So you can connect to the wifi and get it then?

Actually hell, could I just trade him ones I get? I can just go back next day and get another, right?[/QUOTE]

No, you can only download them once per game save, at least not without resetting your game. So i guess you could, but you'd have to start over.

If you want multiple, you're going to need a spare cart to continuously receive, trade, and starting a new game.

[quote name='Animekatt']Not sure if this was mentioned before, but there will also be a free Celebi download event at gamestop from Feb 27 to March 7. Downloading it, then transfering it to either Black or White will net you the new Pokémon Zorua. It's the only way to get it.

http://www.ripten.com/2010/12/31/celebi-pokemon-giveaway-event-heading-to-gamestop-justin6464/[/QUOTE]

The celebi also unlocks the HG/SS Forest event with Giovanni, in case you missed previous events for it.

[quote name='Lt Dan']I don't want to be an ass, but I got a buddy whose got an R4 and he's been asking me if he can download them on it. He never tried wifi before because he didn't care to, but now he wants this.

Anyone know if you can connect online with a R4 and rom and get these?[/QUOTE]

if you have an R4 you can go online on games usually, but these aren't online.

If your buddy has an R4 you can load up the ROM for these (the actual cart that GS are getting has been ripped already) and get them by setting your DS clock forward. I've already done it.

I've never done this before, not sure if it's been explained before in this thread but can someone explain to me how this works? Like, where do I have to go in the game to be able to download these from gamestop's wifi?

*EDIT*

Nvm, it says how on the first link given. :roll:

[quote name='skiizim']Have they done any more of the polke walker events? I missed the last one, victory road I believe it was.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I'm not getting my hopes up for receiving the final WiFi only routes either. I guess we should take what we can get.

Man, I would have been all over that sale at Best Buy for HeartGold if I'd seen this. Now I'm debating if it's worth getting back into Pokemon when I'd have to pay full price for this and Black/White in just a couple months...

If your buddy has an R4, just have him get the distrobution cart that's been leaked already and use that to send the Pokemon to people. You can still keep your dignity.

[quote name='nnthomas']If your buddy has an R4, just have him get the distrobution cart that's been leaked already and use that to send the Pokemon to people. You can still keep your dignity.[/QUOTE]

Only douchenozzles do this.

bread's done
Back