Download Shiny Beasts, Celebi at GameStop, Ash's Pikachu @ Toys R Us, Victini via WFC

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Free shiny versions of the three Pokemon (also with special moves) will be available in the new year at GameStop. Raikou from Jan 3-9, Entei from Jan 17-23, and Suicune from Jan 31-Feb 6. In addition, Toys R Us will be distributing Ash's Pikachu from Jan 30-Feb 13. Then, GameStop will again be offering another download (non-shiny Celebi) from Feb 21-March 6.

Celebi can also be had at the Pokemon Mall Tour, and the Legendary Beasts are currently being redistributed over NWFC.

Via Nintendo WiFi connection (yay for not having to go to a store), the first DLC for Pokemon Black & White will be made available in the form of the new psychic & fire type Pokemon, Victini. You will not be able to download Victini directly. It will be an item called a "Liberty Pass" that you'll be able to download via Nintendo WiFi connection, and this item will eventually trigger the unlocking of Victini in the game. The Liberty Pass will be available for download from March 6th-April 10th.

Beasts: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/trio/

Ash's Pikachu: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4311963

Celebi: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/celebi/

Victini: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/pokemon/special-encounters/

Also, something to note for those who plan on transfering:

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']There are two methods to migrate Pokemon from Diamond, Peal, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver to Black and White: The PokeTransfer (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml) and the Transfer Machine (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/transfermachine.shtml). The PokeTransfer is use to migrate all of your regular Pokemon to Black and White and is accessible only after completing the game. The Transfer Machine is used for migrating the Event Pokemon Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Celebi and is available only after telling a special phrase to a character in Castelia City.

If you transfer the Event Rikou, Entei, Suicune, or Celebi through the PokeTransfer they will NOT unlock the Zorua and Zoroark Events.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='realskillz']I love pokemon but I would be way too embaressed going to gamestop to get shinies being the only 20 year old guy still playing pokemon.[/QUOTE]
I don't care about what Gamestop employees think nearly enough to stop me from doing this.

I haven't even played the games in forever but I still like to get the event Pokemon.

[quote name='Monroeski']I don't care about what Gamestop employees think nearly enough to stop me from doing this.

I haven't even played the games in forever but I still like to get the event Pokemon.[/QUOTE]

Hear Hear! Really, the people working at Gamestop probably got them first thing too. Why would they care?

[quote name='battra92']Hear Hear! Really, the people working at Gamestop probably got them first thing too. Why would they care?[/QUOTE]

You can also just do it from the parking lot their routers reach pretty far.

Oh, pretty cool. I haven't finished HeartGold yet (or rather, I stopped after the 8th badge in the first world/area).

Got mine this morning, the first GS I went to didnt have it yet since the Nintendo rep still needed to show up. The second store had it though, thanks again Drclaw

[quote name='anthonyd46']You can also just do it from the parking lot their routers reach pretty far.[/QUOTE]Actually, I think all it is a special cartridge inserted into a Nintendo DS. Those things have surprisingly good range though.

A year ago, someone swiped a cartridge the Pokémon community backwards engineered the software to make a program able to distribute any Pokémon over wi-fi.

I think I'll hit up a Gamestop tomorrow. I need to go through my SS game to make sure I don't have to many wonder cards and claim any Pokémon that might be waiting at the poke-shop for me.

Ok I have a question for those of you that play this. My 8 year old son has all of the Pokemon games that can get the shiny Pokemon. He's begging me to take him up to GS to get each of them as they become available. If he gets it on one of his games, can he then transfer them to his other ones with a 2nd DS? My daughter has a DSI as well, so he could use hers. Or do we have to do it with each game while at Gamestop? I've never played any of the Pokemon games, so I have no clue how it works.

Thanks.

[quote name='paulcalypse']Actually, I think all it is a special cartridge inserted into a Nintendo DS. Those things have surprisingly good range though.

A year ago, someone swiped a cartridge the Pokémon community backwards engineered the software to make a program able to distribute any Pokémon over wi-fi.

I think I'll hit up a Gamestop tomorrow. I need to go through my SS game to make sure I don't have to many wonder cards and claim any Pokémon that might be waiting at the poke-shop for me.[/QUOTE]
Yep, that's all it is, a special cart in a DS.

[quote name='Lokki']Ok I have a question for those of you that play this. My 8 year old son has all of the Pokemon games that can get the shiny Pokemon. He's begging me to take him up to GS to get each of them as they become available. If he gets it on one of his games, can he then transfer them to his other ones with a 2nd DS? My daughter has a DSI as well, so he could use hers. Or do we have to do it with each game while at Gamestop? I've never played any of the Pokemon games, so I have no clue how it works.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Unless he understands how to do the cloning glitch properly (I think they fixed it actually) you'll have to do it on each game. But that's only IF he wants multiple copies of the same Pokemon.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Unless he understands how to do the cloning glitch properly (I think they fixed it actually) you'll have to do it on each game. But that's only IF he wants multiple copies of the same Pokemon.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that he has never done a glitch on the games. I know that he would like to have them on all of his games. I guess I can make him choose a couple of them. I don't want to take 5 games up there, even though it doesn't take very long for each one. He's spoiled. heh.

Thanks for the info.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Unless he understands how to do the cloning glitch properly (I think they fixed it actually) you'll have to do it on each game. But that's only IF he wants multiple copies of the same Pokemon.[/QUOTE]

Cloning glitch? Can't he just try to breed them with a Ditto? Sorry its been a long, long time since I played

[quote name='joshnorm']Cloning glitch? Can't he just try to breed them with a Ditto? Sorry its been a long, long time since I played[/QUOTE]

I don't believe you can breed legendaries.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I don't believe you can breed legendaries.[/QUOTE]

Manaphy can breed with a Ditto.

The Celebi event will most likely run from Feb 27th to March 5th. The March 7th date circulating on the Net is because that is the date programmed into the event cartridge. The reason it will probably end earlier is because the programmed end dates for the Johto trio is 1 day later than Nintendo advertised and Pokemon Black and White release on March 6th. The B/W release is a factor because Nintendo has ended events 1 day prior to a new game release in the past (TRU Regigigas and Platinum, GAMESTP Jirachi and HG/SS). Feb 27th should be the start date, since the Celebi's trainer ID is 02271.

Somewhat off topic: I just bought a used Platinum to get more of these, and the game save has 999 master balls. Does that make the save and any pokemon caught a cheat? I'm thinking about tournaments and such. If I delete the game and start over, would it still be a hacked copy?

[quote name='Lokki']I'm pretty sure that he has never done a glitch on the games. I know that he would like to have them on all of his games. I guess I can make him choose a couple of them. I don't want to take 5 games up there, even though it doesn't take very long for each one. He's spoiled. heh.

Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

I just got back from the GS parking lot with my kid and he got the Shiny Pokemon on 4 different cartridges...

Anyone know which stores in Chicago have it? I went to the one on 40 something and pulaski and the one on 31st and Halsted and neither had it.

[quote name='Gertle627']I think I went to one of these events in the past but don't really remember. I'm assuming these have random natures and IVs?[/QUOTE]

These, yes. There have been events in the past where there were set stats like the shiny Pichu always having Jolly nature.

Is there a list of the participating Gamestops? Don't feel like going to three, four, five different Gamestops to check. (Last time they did movie Pichu, none of the stores in my area had it, so I want to makes sure before going out.)

[quote name='n1c0']Is there a list of the participating Gamestops? Don't feel like going to three, four, five different Gamestops to check. (Last time they did movie Pichu, none of the stores in my area had it, so I want to makes sure before going out.)[/QUOTE]

Call ahead.

[quote name='Gertle627']I think I went to one of these events in the past but don't really remember. I'm assuming these have random natures and IVs?[/QUOTE]

Celebi will have random nature and IVs, but for the Johto trio and Ash's Pikachu, only the IVs will be random, the natures are preset. Raikou is Rash, Entei is Adamant, Suicune is Relaxed and Pikachu is Naughty. These all match the events held in Japan last year.

FYI my buddy went with his R4 and confirmed he got Raikou so it works for sure.

Mine was level 30, anyone get different?

[quote name='Lt Dan']FYI my buddy went with his R4 and confirmed he got Raikou so it works for sure.

Mine was level 30, anyone get different?[/QUOTE]
same

In response to the two posts above, they will all be Level 30 with the same nature. Stats (IVs), however, will vary ever so slightly.

[quote name='DoubleJG']In response to the two posts above, they will all be Level 30 with the same nature. Stats (IVs), however, will vary ever so slightly.[/QUOTE]

What nature?

[quote name='Nohbdy']What nature?[/QUOTE]

One post below your prior one :

[quote name='Bloomy']Celebi will have random nature and IVs, but for the Johto trio and Ash's Pikachu, only the IVs will be random, the natures are preset. Raikou is Rash, Entei is Adamant, Suicune is Relaxed and Pikachu is Naughty. These all match the events held in Japan last year.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nohbdy']Wow.

Thanks Game Freak. You just intentionally made two of those three beasts suck.[/QUOTE]
You can't honestly tell me you would actually use any one of them as part of your team? A level 30 Bronsor would be more useful.

[quote name='djbooba']You can't honestly tell me you would actually use any one of them as part of your team? A level 30 Bronsor would be more useful.[/QUOTE]

Suicune might be useful, as Pokemon that can use water/ice moves arent the most common early on.

Come to think of it...all 3 could be useful early on, considering for most all the pokemon games all you get early is grass, normal, and a few ground/rock types thrown in.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drclaw411']Suicune might be useful, as Pokemon that can use water/ice moves arent the most common early on.[/QUOTE]
And Suicune has the best nature of the 3. I suppose Suicune would be good during a playthough.

[quote name='djbooba']You can't honestly tell me you would actually use any one of them as part of your team? A level 30 Bronsor would be more useful.[/QUOTE]

You must think Dunsparce is useless.

Suicune is extremely useful as a special tank. It's attack's aren't the strongest and is more useful in competition than in the game. Although you can beat the game with nearly anything if you raise your team up high enough.

You people must be feared and respected at your local elementary schools.

"Hey, it's that one guy who hangs around here all the time with candy and Nintendo games! His LV 100 Pikachu's speed stats are 2 higher than mine. How does he do it?! D:"

Maybe I'm being a bit of a dick because I don't understand how there could possibly be a competitive scene for Pokemon. Are there even tournaments or anything or is it just set up through the 'nets?

[quote name='Brother Daz']I'm new to the whole Pokemon thing, am I able to use Raikou in HeartGold? He doesnt do shit when I try using him in game.[/QUOTE]

It depends on how many badges you have. If you just started the game or you do not have enough badges, higher level Pokemon will not respect you or listen to you. They will continue to ignore orders or use a move they choose versus the one you commanded. Just earn some badges and you will be fine.

[quote name='hoofrog']It depends on how many badges you have. If you just started the game or you do not have enough badges, higher level Pokemon will not respect you or listen to you. They will continue to ignore orders or use a move they choose versus the one you commanded. Just earn some badges and you will be fine.[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks. I did in fact just start playing so I dont have any badges yet.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']...

Maybe I'm being a bit of a dick because I don't understand how there could possibly be a competitive scene for Pokemon. Are there even tournaments or anything or is it just set up through the 'nets?[/QUOTE]

There are official Nintendo sponsored tournaments every year actually. I probably have logged more hours into Pokemon (across all versions) than any other game. It can be a simple RPG for the younger crowd or if you get into the technical aspects of IVs and EVs and breed for stats, it can be a challenge for the older fan. As for me, I just like playing for fun, but you will at least see me in the car downloading my shinys from the comfort of my car... lol.

BTW, I thought we were past all this "come to the store" to download nonsense. We have used wifi to download the last few promos.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']You people must be feared and respected at your local elementary schools.

"Hey, it's that one guy who hangs around here all the time with candy and Nintendo games! His LV 100 Pikachu's speed stats are 2 higher than mine. How does he do it?! D:"

Maybe I'm being a bit of a dick because I don't understand how there could possibly be a competitive scene for Pokemon. Are there even tournaments or anything or is it just set up through the 'nets?[/QUOTE]

Pokemon is deceptively and stupidly deep if you want it to be. People will sometimes go to the trouble of catching 50 of the same Pokemon just to get one with a good "Nature" so they can reap the stat benefits from that particular Nature. Some people breed the same Pokemon over and over and over so it can learn particular Egg moves that only breeding can produce. People will even fight hundreds and hundreds of Geodudes with one Pokemon just to get EV training in.

I have absolutely zero interest in that shit because I can't be bothered to learn it all and I also don't care that much. I'm more for the single player and trying to catch as many Pokemon as I can.

And yes there are official tournaments that are sponsored by Nintendo (it's pretty embarrassing to see some of the types of people who go to that thing). But I do see where you're coming from, Pokemon is seen as kiddy because of the cuteness of the characters and the show, but it's seriously one of the most hardcore games if you want it to be.

Awesome -- there's a new GS not 5 minutes from my apartment, I was able to head over and download to all 4 of my games from the comfort of my truck :)

bread's done
Back