Dr. Mario Online RX - Friend Codes and Discussion

Gothic Walrus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I figure it can't hurt to have one of these. :)

Post the codes here, and I'll do my best to maintain the OP. I'm expecting a lot less traffic here than the Brawl and Mario Kart threads, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Gothic Walrus (Paul):
8021-0112-0572

BlueLobstah:
3803-6259-3283

mephitical (something "crude or childish"):
2237-3076-4051

Okari:
2880-3524-0680

PleasantOne:
2671-9598-5274

lordwow:
8713-8504-7343

lilboo (Tommy):
1280-5655-8033

Logain8955:
5392-7191-7235

ajacy (a jacy):
6383-0132-3710

Strell (Strell):
5783-0827-2060

SnorE (SnorE):
4158-0262-7072

mbartholow:
8736-2182-0310

ChibiJosh (Chibi J):
7329-8890-4554

Mordax:
8731-5180-2030

horrorfilmkid:
1545-7919-8412

RollingSkull:
7564-0292-1425

StinkyCheese:
3456-1691-7235

Redrazorback (RedRazor64):
6369-2569-4692

GodlyOne:
6043-3526-6042

jbuck138:
5511-2350-8373

JoeB1233:
0585-6304-5515

utopianmachine (Jessica):
6830-3851-0735

evergoo:
4135-5719-5274

lukewin (Luke):
1238-4275-8033

I love being able to see everyone's high scores. It gives me targets. I'm tied at 5299 right now, but I can only see a friend code and not a name, so I don't know who it is.

It was me, but then I lost a few so it went back down. I get too nervous in these matches and screw up a lot.

[quote name='Okari']It was me, but then I lost a few so it went back down. I get too nervous in these matches and screw up a lot.[/quote]
I quit at about 5500. I feel pretty good about that for only a few matches. I might be able to play more tonight and lose all the points I earned earlier.

Kind of. It depends on how much you like Dr. Mario. Other than a few modes, and some updated graphics, it's your standard Dr. Mario. If you like online play, and the ease of not having to go get a cartridge, then pick it up. 1000 points isn't that bad for all the stuff you get.

I'm going to admit, I didn't know at all about Dr. Mario having online; therefore, I'm going to buy some Wii points asap so I can buy this and play. :D

I love Dr. Mario games.

[quote name='lilboo']Ok everyone thus far has been added.
How come Walrus is the only one who showed up?! :nottalking:[/quote]

We all knew we wouldn't even come close to your greatness so we just hid in shame.

-- online score: 5423
-- online ranking: 3121 / ????

workin' up my ranks... I like that you can still see the "friends leaderboard" even if they havn't confirmed YOU as a friend. It wont say their name but it will have their #.

I'm adding the three new ones that I hadn't already added. I really want to play, but I think I might hop on Mario Kart to see what's going on.

Can we make this the brag thread too? I'm up to #2758 in the rankings, whatever that means. This is just as good as Tetris DS. I'm so happy.

Friend Code up ins: 5783 0827 2060

Take off your pants and bend over, bitch. These rubber gloves 'bout to get personal.

[quote name='Strell']Friend Code up ins: 5783 0827 2060

Take off your pants and bend over, bitch. These rubber gloves 'bout to get personal.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh behave :cool:

I'll add you tomorrow and anyone else that throws their FC in here. I forgot one thing about this game.. I was NEVER good at it :rofl: :cry: I got all excited because of the nostalgia..and that the virus' are cute and the music is THE jam.

But I am loving this still. Virus Buster is pretty fun. I still gotta try that out in 2 player.
I can see how the 1000 points can be up for argument, as it really is just a remake of Dr Mario w/ pretty colors, online, and Miis. But I think it's worth it. Absolutley think it's worth it. IN FACT, call me crazy, but I think that since this game is LESS then 100 blocks.. right there makes it a good purchase.

Yeesh, what a horrible turn of events, where we consider games taking up little space a valid selling point.

It would be like a car salesman telling me "It will safely fit inside your garage!"

fuck you salesman, you don't know how big my garage is...

If that Critter Round Up-Game was this size, I actually would have tried it out. Same for Family orgy Ping Pong...well, at least it's 500 points. Critter Round-Up is wrong on so many levels :whistle2:k

Hows the online working for everyone? I got disconnected a billion and 8 times earlier lookin for a match. I did find one sexy guy (his Mii was cute, and yes I thought it was cute. STFU) and we played a few matches. Kicked each other's ass'. :lol: But no lag! :applause:

Online is flawless for me. No lag, no disconnects, and no sitting there for an hour waiting for a match. I think there needs to be a message for you to choose that says "Laaag".

[quote name='Okari']Online is flawless for me. No lag, no disconnects, and no sitting there for an hour waiting for a match. I think there needs to be a message for you to choose that says "Laaag".[/quote]
No hitches here either. I'm up to about 30 matches, no problems. I love sending incomprehensible gibberish to Japanese players. I only hope it makes as little sense on their end. I have some hope that confusing and infuriating someone with a better score than me will cause them to mess up.

NEENER, NEENER.

[quote name='mephitical'] I love sending incomprehensible gibberish to Japanese players. I only hope it makes as little sense on their end. I have some hope that confusing and infuriating someone with a better score than me will cause them to mess up.

NEENER, NEENER.[/QUOTE]

I would think "MY FROG HAS A BONER" would keep them up for days.

[quote name='Strell']I would think "MY FROG HAS A BONER" would keep them up for days.[/quote]
If I could only customize those messages... Maybe the homebrew community can come up with a way to do that. OK homebrew community - make that a top priority.

[quote name='mephitical']Can we make this the brag thread too?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not. :)

[quote name='Okari']Online is flawless for me. No lag, no disconnects, and no sitting there for an hour waiting for a match. I think there needs to be a message for you to choose that says "Laaag".[/QUOTE]

So far, this has been my experience too.

One thing I have noticed is that, if people quit the match to try and get away from me and get a new partner, a lot of times I've been thrown into another match with them, probably from our choosing new game at about the same time and our still-similar rankings.

Has anyone tried Virus Busters online yet? So far, I've stuck to Dr. Mario (and only classic mode), but I should probably branch out soon.

I don't think Virus Busters is online, which is a real shame.

I got matched up against the Japanese guy who has 400+ wins, and almost beat him. Damn falling bricks ruining my combos.

Those falling bricks are my bread and butter. I build insane towers so I can drop bricks on my opponent three or four turns in a row so they don't get a turn.

I did want to try Flash last night, but couldn't get matched with anyone online (and god forbid I try it offline). I wish your Flash score was independent of your Classic score. I don't want to screw up my Classic score with my novice Flash skills, although based on the description Flash sounds a lot like Tetris 2.

[quote name='mephitical']Those falling bricks are my bread and butter. I build insane towers so I can drop bricks on my opponent three or four turns in a row so they don't get a turn.

I did want to try Flash last night, but couldn't get matched with anyone online (and god forbid I try it offline). I wish your Flash score was independent of your Classic score. I don't want to screw up my Classic score with my novice Flash skills, although based on the description Flash sounds a lot like Tetris 2.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Let's not talk about that game - that's not Tetris.

I wasn't able to match up with anybody in Flash either, although I didn't wait for more than a minute or two before I gave up. Maybe if we give it time and more people get the game?

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Ugh. Let's not talk about that game - that's not Tetris.

I wasn't able to match up with anybody in Flash either, although I didn't wait for more than a minute or two before I gave up. Maybe if we give it time and more people get the game?[/quote]
Hey, Tetris 2 is not so bad, as long as you don't think of it as related to Tetris in any way. One to two minutes is way too long for me to wait for a match. Unless I try it in 1P mode and love it, I probably won't try it much online if the wait keeps up being so long.

Ok I added everyone on the list...and even Mbartholow.
How come Okari and Walrus are the only ones who seemed to have registered me? :nottalking:

[quote name='lilboo']Ok I added everyone on the list...and even Mbartholow.
How come Okari and Walrus are the only ones who seemed to have registered me? :nottalking:[/quote]

We're desperate for friends.

I think this version is flawed, I'm never this bad with other Dr. Mario titles. Nintendo is trying to take me out.

How come Okari and Walrus are the only ones who seemed to have registered me? :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but I'm thinking this might be like Brawl's online system - if you're not on at the same time as somebody, it won't register.

[quote name='Okari']We're desperate for friends.

I think this version is flawed, I'm never this bad with other Dr. Mario titles. Nintendo is trying to take me out.[/QUOTE]

Yes. That's the only possible explanation. ;)

[quote name='Okari']Kind of. It depends on how much you like Dr. Mario. Other than a few modes, and some updated graphics, it's your standard Dr. Mario. If you like online play, and the ease of not having to go get a cartridge, then pick it up. 1000 points isn't that bad for all the stuff you get.[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing this ("It's just Dr. Mario"), and all I can say is "Have you people not played Virus Buster in multiplayer yet?"

Awesome awesome AWESOME.

RD

How come Okari and Walrus are the only ones who seemed to have registered me? :nottalking:[/quote]
I'm not sure what the deal is - I registered everyone right away and the only one I can see by name is GothicWalrus.

Added any that I was missing. Even Strell.

So, does anyone know how the playing friends part works? I like being able to see all our scores (with my name at the top of the list about to be bumped by GothicWalrus), but has anyone tried the invite/join options. I'm wondering if you'll get a notification between games if a friend wants to play, or if you both have to choose the appropriate option at the same time.

[quote name='Strell']I would think "MY FROG HAS A BONER" would keep them up for days.[/QUOTE]

私のカエルのチンが立ています。 = Watashi no kaeru no chin ga tateimasu.

I *THINK* that's right... :lol:

Anywho, I'm loving the game and Virus Buster is surprisingly fun and addictive.

I'll have my friend code up when I get home from work. :)

[quote name='Gameboy415']

I *THINK* that's right... [/quote]
It doesn't matter if it's right or not. In fact, it might even be better if it is not. This is the single most important piece of information I have ever gotten from CAG - thank you!

[quote name='mephitical']Added any that I was missing. Even Strell.

So, does anyone know how the playing friends part works? I like being able to see all our scores (with my name at the top of the list about to be bumped by GothicWalrus), but has anyone tried the invite/join options. I'm wondering if you'll get a notification between games if a friend wants to play, or if you both have to choose the appropriate option at the same time.[/quote]

I think you have to choose the appropriate option at the same time. I've tried inviting multiple times, and nothing happens.

Online is a blast. Apparently, I was a lot better at Dr. Mario than I remembered or the online competition just sucks eggs. I'll FC this joint up once I figure out a means of not having to hike from one end of the house to the other just to handle these damn things.

[quote name='Gameboy415']

I *THINK* that's right... :lol:

Anywho, I'm loving the game and Virus Buster is surprisingly fun and addictive.

I'll have my friend code up when I get home from work. :)[/QUOTE]

This will be good to know when I go to Japan in August.

I'll be sure to confirm with my friend that it's correct.

bread's done
Back