Dr. Mario Online RX - Friend Codes and Discussion

[quote name='SnorE']is anyone on right now? i wanna play a cag sick of this random people crap[/quote]

If your still there, I'll be on in a second

EDIT: SnorE is showing up on my list :whee:
But you still show up as Matt...

OP is up to date again (I think), though that only entailed one code. :)

[quote name='Kaijufan']Yeah friend codes require you to be online at the same time as your friend. I think the only exception to the rule is system codes.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that Mario Kart registered without being online at the same time, though that might be because I installed the channel and tend to leave my Wii on in standby.

i will probably be on late tonight like midnight or later the only problem is i live in PA and it seems like no one is in the east coast time zone or if they are they just arent night owls like me

[quote name='SnorE']i will probably be on late tonight like midnight or later the only problem is i live in PA and it seems like no one is in the east coast time zone or if they are they just arent night owls like me[/quote]

Wont be up that early ( live in ireland- 4+ hour time difference :D ) but I'm free all tommorow. PM me and we can have a few matches :bouncy:

[quote name='StinkyCheese']Anyone still playing this? No. 10 between you guys :whee:

It wont be long before I take WangDongles place as first :whee:[/quote]
I play nightly, but some nights we play offline. And no one can beat Wang Dongle.

PS A good trick to boost your score (that I learned from Tetris DS) is to play this game online on Saturday and Sunday afternoon/evening. The most casual gamers seem to be playing then, and their scores are artifically high from playing each other. You can usually find a few 6000+ players that you can destroy AND who will stick it out for a few losses and let you drive your score up.

[quote name='mephitical']I play nightly, but some nights we play offline. And no one can beat Wang Dongle.

PS A good trick to boost your score (that I learned from Tetris DS) is to play this game online on Saturday and Sunday afternoon/evening. The most casual gamers seem to be playing then, and their scores are artifically high from playing each other. You can usually find a few 6000+ players that you can destroy AND who will stick it out for a few losses and let you drive your score up.[/quote]

Thanks for the tips! My score is 500 less than I was before thanks to some unlucky matches... :cry:. Most players I have won were good sports and didn't quit just because I was beating them very quickly. I dont usually care so much about scores, but the prospect of being cags #1 Dr. Mario player is enticing :)

Also, every time an opponent ends a match, or I do, and I enter the same mode, I usually get paired up with the same person. Its so annoying :bomb:

[quote name='StinkyCheese']Thanks for the tips! My score is 500 less than I was before thanks to some unlucky matches... :cry:. Most players I have won were good sports and didn't quit just because I was beating them very quickly. I dont usually care so much about scores, but the prospect of being cags #1 Dr. Mario player is enticing :)

Also, every time an opponent ends a match, or I do, and I enter the same mode, I usually get paired up with the same person. Its so annoying :bomb:[/quote]
I look forward to battling it out with you for the #1 CAG spot. I'm convinced that if I restricted my online time to only when I'm sober, my score would be much higher.

And yes, I hate getting re-paired with someone. I've taken to switching modes or taking a short break after playing someone I hated.

[quote name='StinkyCheese']Anyone still playing this? No. 10 between you guys :whee:

It wont be long before I take WangDongles place as first :whee:[/QUOTE]

I haven't been playing for the past few days because I bought Worms: Open Warfare 2 for my DS on Monday, and that's been madly addictive.

I'm not going to stop playing Dr. Mario and Mario Kart for a long time, I think. I've played the games to death in the past, but online play is going to keep me hooked for a very long time. :D

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I haven't been playing for the past few days because I bought Worms: Open Warfare 2 for my DS on Monday, and that's been madly addictive.

I'm not going to stop playing Dr. Mario and Mario Kart for a long time, I think. I've played the games to death in the past, but online play is going to keep me hooked for a very long time. :D[/QUOTE]

WiiWare is especially a catch for me, considering there's online play and I don't have to pop a disc in every time.

People are finally starting to show up on my system, although I have yet to actually play anyone from CAG.

This game is so addicting. every time I load up my wii to play something else, I end up playing this. Annoyingly, I havent been very good lately, and my score has dropped to 4500

[quote name='mephitical'] I'm convinced that if I restricted my online time to only when I'm sober, my score would be much higher.

[/quote]

O do i ever hear you on the sober part, i play when i get out of the bar and already am seeing double then wonder why my eyes burn the next morning from straining them....nothing wrong with enjoying a little bit of drunk wii

Just really got into it today. I would have had more fun if I hadn't been sweating because my AC stopped working. Starting from level 0 and going from there was helpful, as the first time I played last week I felt a bit overwhelmed. Easing into the madness is easier.

My FC is
6830-3851-0735

I'll add folks this evening.

OP is up to date; later on, I'll add everyone who's in the list, since my friends list still isn't full. :)

How often does the ranking of your friends by score update? According to my Wii, I've got the highest score out of any of you at ~5600, and I'm pretty sure that's not right. :whistle2:k

I thought the rankings updated as soon as you logged on, but now it seems like you have to play online for a bit all in one session and then they change. I'm not really sure though - I show you at your 5600 score, but I'm at 5800 almost 6000 which is obviously not reflected on your leaderboard.

I added everyone I hadn't already a minute ago.

added everyone

[quote name='lilboo']i added all ya'll!

ADD ME BACK?!?!!
YET?!!?[/quote]

I addded you, but you arent showing up...

Anybody interested in setting up a few games?

People that are showing up, and that I will gladly play;

Jessica (UtopianMachine)
Liam (?)
RedRazor64 (RedRazorback)
SnorE (SnorE)
a jacy (a jacy)
Chibi J (Chibijosh)
Paul (gothic Walrus ~?)

[quote name='StinkyCheese']Anybody interested in setting up a few games?

People that are showing up, and that I will gladly play;

Jessica (UtopianMachine)
Liam (?)
SnorE (SnorE)
a jacy (a jacy)
Chibi J (Chibijosh)
Paul (gothic Walrus ~?)[/quote]
It doesn't look like I am showing up on yours, but I know I added you long ago. I would love to set something up and play. I think I will be on tonight from 7:30pm PST - about 9:30pm PST. It kind of depends on my wife's studying schedule. Will you be on around then? I can post here when I know for sure. I have yet to play anyone from CAG - I wish you could see when your friends were on.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Me. I suck, so you can have all my points. :lol:[/quote]
That was fun! I don't think it affects our point totals either, and I like that we can apply the handicap. Sorry if I seemed too agressive; I don't know any other way to play but I feel kind of bad dropping all that crap on you.

So were you actively inviting me? There was a little running man icon flashing when I went online.

Had to stop to switch loads of laundry in the machine. Just jumped back online for a second to reestablish myself as the top CAG. I might quit now and give stinky an easy target.

Here's my FC info:
4135-5719-5274

I just added everyone on the list right now and will be updating my FC list regularly.

Play me if you want to build up your confidence or get your revenge from Smash. I haven't won a series against anybody yet while online :whistle2:(

Last but not least, thanks for organizing Gothic Walrus!

[quote name='mephitical']That was fun! I don't think it affects our point totals either, and I like that we can apply the handicap. Sorry if I seemed too agressive; I don't know any other way to play but I feel kind of bad dropping all that crap on you.

So were you actively inviting me? There was a little running man icon flashing when I went online.[/quote]

You're way, way good, mephitical. It was crazy to see you beat me when you had your game set a good 10+ levels against myself. :applause:

And yeah, I guess it doesn't affect our point totals, battling like that. I've never really understood the balls dropping. How is it determined when you'll drop stuff on the other player?

And yeah, I was just sitting at the invite screen when you came online.

Oh, how is it that you can see who is who? When I go online, I can see names if the folks have added me to their Friend list, but I have no way of knowing who belongs to which Friend Code. Is there a way to look this up, or are you just more organized or something?

[quote name='utopianmachine']You're way, way good, mephitical. It was crazy to see you beat me when you had your game set a good 10+ levels against myself. :applause:

And yeah, I guess it doesn't affect our point totals, battling like that. I've never really understood the balls dropping. How is it determined when you'll drop stuff on the other player?

And yeah, I was just sitting at the invite screen when you came online.

Oh, how is it that you can see who is who? When I go online, I can see names if the folks have added me to their Friend list, but I have no way of knowing who belongs to which Friend Code. Is there a way to look this up, or are you just more organized or something?[/quote]

Thanks for the praise! I have been playing this game since it came out - it used to be a family ritual when I was younger. Sometimes we would play so late that I would fall asleep playing. When I play too much, I dream Dr. Mario and when people are talking boring things at me at work I am actually mapping out Dr. Mario strategies superimposed on their faces.

You drop two pill halves on the other player if you clear two separate sequences of four pill halves. For each additional sequence you clear on the same drop (through chain reaction), you drop an additional half on the other player. So when you see me building what looks like an idiot tower up the side of my screen, it generall means I am about to drop 3+ halves on you.

I still wish the online was more like Mario Kart where you can see if your friends are online playing and then when their match ended they would get the normal "Continue" and "Quit" options, but also a notification that a friend was on. I was glad to see at least some indicator when you were inviting.

I don't think there's a way to look up by friend code; I've just sort of mentally tracked what people say their name is in posts on CAG and gone from there. Even still, I only know who probably half of my total list is for sure.

[quote name='mephitical']It doesn't look like I am showing up on yours, but I know I added you long ago. I would love to set something up and play. I think I will be on tonight from 7:30pm PST - about 9:30pm PST. It kind of depends on my wife's studying schedule. Will you be on around then? I can post here when I know for sure. I have yet to play anyone from CAG - I wish you could see when your friends were on.[/quote]

Who are you? A few people are showing up on the leaderboards, but not on the friend roster. Are you Teabag tom*? I should show up as stinky, but I may show up as Dr.Lobe. BTW, I'm available form around 4-9pm GMT. The time difference might make things unusual, but I'd love a match today. PM me if your up for one!

* I assume teabag tom, wangdongle and possibly cunt salad are the same person. Are you changing your mii?

[quote name='StinkyCheese'] I should show up as stinky, but I may show up as Dr.Lobe. !
[/quote]

You do show up as stinky, and mephitical is Teabag Tom. I show up as Jessica. Anyone think the FC page should be edited to include the proper name that'll show once you register the person?

[quote name='utopianmachine']You do show up as stinky, and mephitical is Teabag Tom. I show up as Jessica. Anyone think the FC page should be edited to include the proper name that'll show once you register the person?[/quote]

I have a few from an earlier post of mine

Jessica (UtopianMachine)
Liam (?)
SnorE (SnorE)
a jacy (a jacy)
Chibi J (Chibijosh)
Paul (gothic Walrus ~?)

That would be really helpful

[quote name='StinkyCheese']Who are you? A few people are showing up on the leaderboards, but not on the friend roster. Are you Teabag tom*? I should show up as stinky, but I may show up as Dr.Lobe. BTW, I'm available form around 4-9pm GMT. The time difference might make things unusual, but I'd love a match today. PM me if your up for one!

* I assume teabag tom, wangdongle and possibly cunt salad are the same person. Are you changing your mii?[/quote]
Currently Teabag Tom, but that changes pretty frequently (you're right about the other names as well). There's a pretty good chance if it's a crude and childish Mii, it's me.

I'm definitely never on before 7:30pm PST, so that could make a match-up difficult, but I do want to play you! We'll have to keep trying. Maybe on a weekend sometime when my kids are napping.

[quote name='mephitical']Currently Teabag Tom, but that changes pretty frequently (you're right about the other names as well). There's a pretty good chance if it's a crude and childish Mii, it's me.

I'm definitely never on before 7:30pm PST, so that could make a match-up difficult, but I do want to play you! We'll have to keep trying. Maybe on a weekend sometime when my kids are napping.[/quote]

I guess I'll have to make do with kicking your ass on the leaderboards :D

I'll give you my wii number so you can notify me when your free.

8387-7492-8859-9051

[quote name='StinkyCheese']I guess I'll have to make do with kicking your ass on the leaderboards :D

I'll give you my wii number so you can notify me when your free.

8387-7492-8859-9051[/quote]
I'm glad to have some competition... Last night I left you behind me by 4 points. I'm assuming you made that up and ahve given me a new target.

I'll add your console. If you haven't added me already, my code is in my profile.

[quote name='mephitical']I'm glad to have some competition... Last night I left you behind me by 4 points. I'm assuming you made that up and ahve given me a new target.

I'll add your console. If you haven't added me already, my code is in my profile.[/quote]

I've lost a lot of my points, but I'll be back!

[quote name='utopianmachine']You do show up as stinky, and mephitical is Teabag Tom. I show up as Jessica. Anyone think the FC page should be edited to include the proper name that'll show once you register the person?[/QUOTE]

I can start this later tonight, maybe, but you guys will have to fill in the blanks for me. I'm still showing a lot of numbers in my list. :whistle2:k

I've been playing since I got the game, but usually only for short periods. I've gotten a few new games on sales from the deals forum, and those are distracting me. This "having a job" thing is really cutting into my free time.

I went into the Wii Shop channel to get this as a gift for my parents....and I noticed that it said I could update my existing version. Just did so but haven't really noticed any differences...

Anyone else know anything about this?

What does the update do? I need to know. I'll download it hopefully tonight and try to find out. I hope it lets me keep being good at Dr. Mario. It's the only thing in life that I am good at.

[quote name='mephitical']What does the update do? I need to know. I'll download it hopefully tonight and try to find out. I hope it lets me keep being good at Dr. Mario. It's the only thing in life that I am good at.[/QUOTE]

One of these days, on a night when I don't have to work... :twoguns:

Any chance it's related to the firmware update?

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']One of these days, on a night when I don't have to work... :twoguns:[/quote]
Just got a couple more wins in now, just for you... This is actually my first night on in a while. We've had family visiting and for some reason they don't want to watch me play Dr. Mario online. I have no idea why not.

The good news is that we had two different dads here at various times and both wanted to play Dr. Mario the entire time. Because no one can deny Dr. Mario.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']
Any chance it's related to the firmware update?[/quote]
I have checked a few places now and still can't find any mention of it outside of the fact that it exists.

bread's done
Back