Dr Pepper: 2011 Promo (EA Games DLC)

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']when is the Mass effect 2 dlc going to be on Dr pepper website anyone check maybe its up now?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will try Walmart and Target today after class. I missed the DLC window, all I got was the CE since that stayed up the longest.

[quote name='CaptainKirk']Guys the game came out at midnight they arent going to RUSH you free stuff[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaptainKirk']Any word on the Mass Effect 2 DLC being up?[/QUOTE]

You amuse me.

So I got bored and started looking at the HTML for the prizes and manged to get this far. Looks like EA just needs to direct Dr. Pepper where to go.

title-thumb.jpg

http://ll.assets.ea.com/nawp/na/u/f/GPO/corporate/drpepper/titles/me2/title-thumb.jpg
Also found this:
title-thumb.jpg

http://ll.assets.ea.com/nawp/na/u/f/GPO/corporate/drpepper/titles/bfbc2/title-thumb.jpg

I got this using Battlefield Heroes
small-January_Royal_Alpine_outfit.jpg

http://ll.assets.ea.com/nawp/na/u/f/GPO/corporate/drpepper/titles/bfh/small-January_Royal_Alpine_outfit.jpg

I tried mixes of January/February with pieces of known ME2 content with not luck. If anyone wants to push it farther, be my guest

Buhhhh is it ever going to go upp

Plus, just to throw out there again, I have 3 extra Dr. Pepper codes if anyone has an Inferno code!

Mass Effect 2 DLC is now up

7-ELEVEN EXCLUSIVE: Umbra Visor A next-generation night-vision device that assists targeting. By detecting the focal point of the wearer's eyes and enhancing the image at that location, the visor helps direct a biotic power or a shot from an omni-tool exactly where the wearer is looking. Increases power damage by 5%

7-ELEVEN EXCLUSIVE: Recon Hood

A hood issued to covert action teams, this model's optic display interfaces with most small arms' auto-targeting software, linking hand and eye for improved accuracy and increased weapon damage. Ballistic-mesh fabric and composite ceramic plating provide necessary armor, and the integral air filter helps in hostile environments. Increases weapon damage by 5%

Sentry Interface

This visor works with the Sentry system, a software application that optimizes an armor suit's microframe computer. When the Sentry system is running, more power can be devoted to shield management. Increases shield strength by 5%

I just copy/paste'd from the item descriptions. With Dr. Pepper codes, you can get any one of the three, but I'm assuming the one's marked 7-11 exclusive are only available through this promotion.

[quote name='BrolyB593']What do you mean 7-11 exclusive... does that mean with the Dr. Pepper bottle codes we can only get the sentry interface..?[/QUOTE]

From the OP link to the DrPepper website:

FOUNTAIN CUPS: Look behind the sticker of specially marked 32 oz. fountain cups of Dr Pepper® at participating locations from April 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010 for the Code.

Codes from 7 Eleven: You can also find Codes at participating 7 Eleven outlets. Limit of 1 Code from 7 Eleven per person/account.

I'm guessing the fountain codes will be slurpee cups or something to that affect. Not sure what the "find codes at 7-11 means". Perhaps we should start taking the store apart looking for hidden codes under the canned goods.

Ok, so i made a bioware account, and have the 3 items registered. Have preorder hasn't got here yet.

Do i need to use the Cerberus code in the game to tie this new bioware account to my xbl account? And will doing all that add my blood dragon armor code i used in dragon age?

I downloaded all the DLC, those that downloaded them for free (from the market place error) will prob not be able to use them since it works just like dragon age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwwwwww yeahhhhhh! Mass Effect 2 is up!
Edit: Nevermind, it's linked to your account which I'm assuming you download through the Cerberus network or whatever.

The DLC through this kind of suck though, but whatever I'll get all three.

So I redeemed a code and it tooke me to biowares site and made me set up an account and now theres nothing but now it says I only have 2 codes instead of 3. What the fuck?

[quote name='genfuyung']So I redeemed a code and it tooke me to biowares site and made me set up an account and now theres nothing but now it says I only have 2 codes instead of 3. What the fuck?[/QUOTE]

Something similar happened to me to. Go back to Dr. Pepper site and click Code History. It will show all codes you have entered and the ones you have redeemed as well. Click on the "More Info" by the redeemed ones and you should find that one is still unused, when clicking "more info" on the used ones it shows you what prize you redeemed them for.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']From the OP link to the DrPepper website:

FOUNTAIN CUPS: Look behind the sticker of specially marked 32 oz. fountain cups of Dr Pepper® at participating locations from April 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010 for the Code.

Codes from 7 Eleven: You can also find Codes at participating 7 Eleven outlets. Limit of 1 Code from 7 Eleven per person/account.

I'm guessing the fountain codes will be slurpee cups or something to that affect. Not sure what the "find codes at 7-11 means". Perhaps we should start taking the store apart looking for hidden codes under the canned goods.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea why they added that part in front of the items. I just redeemed for one of the "7-11 exclusives" with a code from a bottle. So...it's not exclusive.

And the Cerberus Network is BS. My friends and I were planning to share the game, but thanks to Cerberus, it's $15 dollars extra to get DLC. WTF.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']I have no idea why they added that part in front of the items. I just redeemed for one of the "7-11 exclusives" with a code from a bottle. So...it's not exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, thanks!

So how many items are up right now? I'm still stuck at work.

The dining hall on campus is stocked full of EA bottles, so DLC here I come.

EDIT: So I redeemed a code, clicked claim prize, picked a ME2 DLC, made an EA account, made a Bioware account, went back to the DP site, clicked Code History, clicked Claimed Prize, ended up at the bioware site where it lists the prizes I claimed...it looks like this

ME2 Visor (or whatever) -------- Xbox 360 ---- -----
ME 2 Visor (or whatever) ------- PC ------------ DOWNLOAD

So, um, how do I get the 360 content?

The codes work for both 360 and PC versions. At least that is how it was with the Blood Dragon Armor.

And I was mucking around in the site, and found out that since I hadnt finalized any of my rewards I can now use all my codes on Mass Effect 2!

I have a spare that I would trade for something or if I don't get any offers will probably offer it as a prize for something.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']

So, um, how do I get the 360 content?[/QUOTE]

Just fire up the game on the 360 and everything will be in the downloadable content section (assuming your bioware account is linked to your gamertag).

3 items up. All "head gear". Recon Hood, Sentry Interface, and Umbra Visor. They all give 5% to one thing. One was shields, don't remember the others. I wonder if there will be more items?

I got 3 cap codes to give away. I'll do this the fun way.
1 - for the first person to post that doesn't reside in North America
1 - for the person who is post #340 (without spamming)
1 - for first to person to take it: WN9? 6EBG 1W0F

PM's requests will be ignored. I'll have some more on Friday

[quote name='reddjoey']I got 3 cap codes to give away. I'll do this the fun way.
1 - for the first person to post that doesn't reside in North America
1 - for the person who is post #340 (without spamming)
1 - for first to person to take it:
WN9? 6EBG 1W0F

PM's will be ignored. I'll update the OP in an hour or so[/QUOTE]
#340? plz.

EDIT: Nabbed the free code. thanks!

[quote name='Bruticis']Just fire up the game on the 360 and everything will be in the downloadable content section (assuming your bioware account is linked to your gamertag).[/QUOTE]

...it's not.

This is stupid haha.

This is actually a pretty cool cross promotion technique, and an elegant solution to the multi game/platform issues that might arise from trying to coordinate the various codes. I applaud EA for this... it also gives me an excuse to drink some Dr. Pepper!

One nice offshoot of this program, is that if you later decided to go multi platform with any of these games, your bonuses should carry over.

[quote name='Raikoh']The DLC looks a bit lame, but the recon piece looks nice![/QUOTE]

Agreed. I even think that the CE armor looks ugly.

I'm staring at 9 caps right now but I ahve already got all the ME2 DLC. Here's to hoping for Dragon Age content. It looks like the DA Dragon is on the bottle so I'm hoping it surfaces soon.

Damn, I already have all the bonus content... I drank 5 Dr. Peppers for nothing. hopefully they'll put new stuff up later

I could use one. I redeemed one of mine, to see if there was any ME 2 DLC and there wasn't so my code was lost. :(

Chewbacca's Abortion;6776185 said:
The codes work for both 360 and PC versions. At least that is how it was with the Blood Dragon Armor.

And I was mucking around in the site, and found out that since I hadnt finalized any of my rewards I can now use all my codes on Mass Effect 2!

It's for both PC/360. I just entered my code and it was shown like that for me.

Now give me some Dragon Age DLC and waiting for upcoming BF:BC2 and I'll be happy for a while!

bread's done
Back