Dragon Age: Inquisition - E3 TRAILER

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Money.

Skyrim has already outsold Oblivion supposedly and hasn't even been out a year yet.[/QUOTE]

Also the game JUST hit the $30 mark on BF 2012, 1 year after its release. Now that BF has passed it's right back up to $60 new, $45 used. Even the download codes from the 360 holiday bundle sell for $25-$30 on EBay.

[quote name='imacjenn']The main problem with DA2 was just that it was called DA2. It would have been a fine game on its own, but it really was NOT a sequel to DA:O at all. The question is - which game is DA3 really going to follow? (or neither)?[/QUOTE]

I completely agree why couldn't they have focused more on Darkspawn in DA2. I'm still looking forward to Inquisition though.

Only reason I'd watch an EA conference. I really hope MS didn't pay them exclusivity or something stupid like that (exclusive dlc whatever but let the actual game come out on both PS4 & Xbox One).

Oh no. I loved DA2. Much more than the first. DA3 is my most anticipated near ish term release. Can't wait to see what they reveal tomorrow.

Was i the only one that liked DA2 better then the first?
I'm not sure that I liked it better than DA:O, but I enjoyed it a lot. Storywise, it didn't match up to the first game, but I loved the improvements they made to the combat and in-game menus.

Fall 2014! Probably next-gen only then.

Trailer definitely showed Morrigan (!!!), possibly Cassandra and Varric although the stream I was watching was pretty low res, it was hard to tell.

Trailer definitely showed Morrigan (!!!), possibly Cassandra and Varric although the stream I was watching was pretty low res, it was hard to tell.
Definitely Varric, Cassandra and Morrigan. Yay!

But Fall 2014...Booooooo! But I saw that one coming. I guess I can hope for a price drop on the X1 by then though.

Kinda odd no platform announcements.
From Priestly on BSN:

"Dragon Age: Inquisition is coming Fall 2014 to Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and PC"

A dev also stated that the game is not Skyrim-style open world, but just has larger and more expansive areas than the previous games.

Kinda odd no platform announcements.
From Priestly on BSN:

"Dragon Age: Inquisition is coming Fall 2014 to Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and PC"

A dev also stated that the game is not Skyrim-style open world, but just has larger and more expansive areas than the previous games.
Anything is better than DA2.

Looks like we can not have to worry about DA3 being a "crap, i need to get the XB1 to play DA3" game, thankfully.

Hopefully it'll just be a "it's prettier on PS4 and XB1 versus PS3 and XB360" rather than a different game than DA1 was on PC vs 360/PS3.

The only reason I'm vaguely interested in the return of Morrigan and Varric is for the prospects of murdering them both.  One because they can't ever be trusted and the other because of forced bromance.

The only reason I'm vaguely interested in the return of Morrigan and Varric is for the prospects of murdering them both.
26d.gif

But seriously... Warden-Commander + Morrigan 4eva.

The only reason I'm vaguely interested in the return of Morrigan and Varric is for the prospects of murdering them both. One because they can't ever be trusted and the other because of forced bromance.
You'll be back.
Damn skippy... because I want them both dead. I'm willing to wait for a good deal or until DA:I goes on sale to accomplish these goals.

The only reason I'm vaguely interested in the return of Morrigan and Varric is for the prospects of murdering them both.
26d.gif

But seriously... Warden-Commander + Morrigan 4eva.
Such a god damn travesty that a brilliantly voiced antagonist like Vaas barely got any screen time worth a damn. Hopefully the same mistake won't be made in Far Cry 4. Honestly though I can't think of a character more deserving of the "Death Knife" than her besides Bizarro Anders though Isabela comes dangerously close. From what I've heard of Tallis she'd could be a runner up too but I lack firsthand knowledge as I never actually bought any DLC.

Apparently the game is officially "Dragon Age: Inquisition" now, not "Dragon Age III: Inquisition." Kind of funny to me that DA2 merited a sequel number even though it felt more like a side story, and this game which seems like a direct continuation does not.

Also Cassandra looks weird now.

cassandra4.jpg

tumblr_mo7277stNR1rm7sbeo3_500.jpg

The only reason I'm vaguely interested in the return of Morrigan and Varric is for the prospects of murdering them both. One because they can't ever be trusted and the other because of forced bromance.

Glad I'm not the only one who disliked Varric.

Somewhat disappointed by the trailer. Looks like the water color art design from DA:II is back. Cassandra's model looks weird.

Apparently the game is officially "Dragon Age: Inquisition" now, not "Dragon Age III: Inquisition." Kind of funny to me that DA2 merited a sequel number even though it felt more like a side story, and this game which seems like a direct continuation does not.

Also Cassandra looks weird now.

cassandra4.jpg

tumblr_mo7277stNR1rm7sbeo3_500.jpg
Looks like a case of Frostbite...3 :booty:

DA3, or Inquisition, is gonna have all the best parts, the things that worked, from DA1 (story & lore) and DA 2 (action), yeah sign me up.

What is all this talk of hatred towards Varric, the greatest dwarf in the history of fantasy lore? Blasphemy! :)

Seriously the characters and voice acting in 2, minus Anders, is what carried me through that game and cause me to defend it (slightly mind you) to this day.

Didn't realize that dwarf shown was Varric as yeah Frostbite 3 is doing some funky things to the character models.

Anyone watch the IGN Rewind Theatre for the trailer? They got everything wrong in it and the two doing the video probably haven't touched anything DA related since DA 2 or even read anything. I sent a tweet to one of them about it and he got all defensive.

Unless the port is a gigantic piece of shit, this will be my last 360 purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone watch the IGN Rewind Theatre for the trailer? They got everything wrong in it and the two doing the video probably haven't touched anything DA related since DA 2 or even read anything. I sent a tweet to one of them about it and he got all defensive.
Yeah I watched it and my forehead is so red from all the facepalms.

The characters look different mainly due to the new engine but yeah because this will be a next-gen title, most likely what we saw, they get to use that power to push things and have smoother faces and what not.

Check out this cool, and I think unpublished, artwork. Found it on BSN. I think it's the games antagonist. What does that glowing red ring represent???

1371149166686.jpg

Yeah I didn't even know til a couple days ago it was coming out for current gen. Unless the difference is drastic it's another reason to wait on next-gen.

WHAT? This is coming to the 360 as well? It supports save files?

Ugh, I wanted to get the X1 version but I wonder how important these save files will be/can make choices Mass Effect genesis style.

I think they mentioned something about the saves working cross gen but they haven't explained how that would work. Maybe tied to gamerscore/trophies?

There's no technical reason the next-gen consoles can't just read your old saves off of a USB stick, or from the cloud or whatever. They just need to figure out what they want to do and then implement it.

I really think it'll be Bioware Social driven.  They have the infrastructure to pull that info from previous games without having to rely on accessing last gen consoles/saves/achievements. 

I'm glad to hear that it's on the table, though. 

bread's done
Back