Dragon Age: Inquisition - E3 TRAILER

Finished up the main storyline last night and being a Level 25 Knight Enchanter, the final battle wasn't as bad as it was made out to be.  Also didn't lose anyone in the process as well, which was a surprise.

I however didn't get a chance to finish up Solas' personal question, as it appears it's bugged and I was lucky enough to find the bug:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Quest-Bug-in-quot-All-New-Faded-for-Her-quot/td-p/4022481

Couldn't do anything to fix it, so I guess I'll go back a save a number of hours back from there before I started on it and do it, so I can see what happens after finishing it.

Have Hakkon to finish up with, as well as get the rest of the dragons.  I also need to go back to the Temple of Arlthan, as it appears I missed an achievement I should have had, possibly two, that didn't seem to pop.  Easy enough to take care of.   Guess I'll wait out Descent and Trespasser until they go on sale again.

Congrats on getting to the end of the story. Trespasser is good, def pick that up when you get a chance.
I think that now I've done all of the story pieces, I think that the main story chunks and the in-character interactions/relationships were the items I liked most about Inquisition. Some of the minor quests/story were good, some of them were just filler.

I heard Trespasser was quite good, though I need to finish up the other stuff beforehand like what's left of Hakkon, do Descent, plus clean up the rest of the stuff that's achievement-tied.

As big of a fan of DA as I am I still have never played any of the DLC. Like 2, did not enjoy it as much as the original (which is likely one of my favorite games in the last 10 years) so I kinda ran through it about twice and haven't went back since. Really need to keep a better eye on here for them to go on sale as I know they have at least once and I missed it.

Someone pity me.  I started DA: I on PS4 since I picked up the GOTY for $16.   I still need to finish Hakkon on XB1 once I remember to turn down the difficulty for that ass at the end, then figure out if I'm paying just 10% off for Descent, then Trespasser to finish up on XB1. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You,

Someone pity me. I started DA: I on PS4 since I picked up the GOTY for $16. I still need to finish Hakkon on XB1 once I remember to turn down the difficulty for that ass at the end, then figure out if I'm paying just 10% off for Descent, then Trespasser to finish up on XB1.
You, good sir, are hardcore. :applause:

As big of a fan of DA as I am I still have never played any of the DLC. Like 2, did not enjoy it as much as the original (which is likely one of my favorite games in the last 10 years) so I kinda ran through it about twice and haven't went back since. Really need to keep a better eye on here for them to go on sale as I know they have at least once and I missed it.
If you only play 1 of the DLC's, you have to play Trespasser. It literally sets up the DA Universe for the upcoming comic and potentially Dragon Age 4.

She's really helpful in the grind to the boss, but the boss is designed so poorly you can only rely on yourself to take it down.

If you fail once I suggest turning down/off the capability for the AI to use health potions & save them for yourself.

I was able to do it on the 2nd attempt but had there been a 3rd I was going to hoard the potions for me.
And of course my podcast co-host as a Rogue can kill this boss in 5 minutes with no sweat b/c of all the disappearing tricks. He just finished Trespasser and are hopefully recording our next episode tonight. Went back to this thread for some reminders as the Bioware forums are dead now.

I still want to finish my second playthrough and pick up the 'Belle of the Ball' and 'On Burning Wings' achievements. Not bothering with any of the others I'm missing, which is a bit of a shame since I 100%'ed the other two Dragon Age games.

I still want to finish my second playthrough and pick up the 'Belle of the Ball' and 'On Burning Wings' achievements. Not bothering with any of the others I'm missing, which is a bit of a shame since I 100%'ed the other two Dragon Age games.
I unlocked Belle Of the Ball as I didn't want to have to do it on another playthrough. I somehow missed On Burning Wings when I went through it the last time, though I think I have a save around that point, so I should be able to backtrack and get it knocked out.

I followed the guide on DA Wiki for Belle of the Ball and got it easily if that's the court approval one. This was on a quanari character too mind and they start it with like a -10 or something along those things approval. Only advice I really can say is save before you enter the out of bounds areas where you lose approval every minute or such that you're there. Practice running around in them going to where you need to go so you can do it perfect and then then reload so you can do it fast. As long as you do everything else right it's the only part where you'll lose approval. Nevermind, I forgot there's the courtyards and staff only area of the palace too where you fight enemies and stuff but I think you'll be alright there as long as you don't screw around and only fight when you have to as I got lost and ran around a bit trying to find my exit and still walked away with the achievement. There are also the coins you can find around the palace to throw in the fountain to boost your approval if it's too low for whatever reason but I think this is only relevant early as I don't think you have time to mingle around the palace once you hit the courtyards and staff areas as they lead directly into the climax of the act.

DA3 GOTY edition and the individual DLCs for the game are all on sale on the marketplace this week for anyone interested.

fucking typical. I just bought all the DLCs (after getting the game at launch, mind) last month and now they go on sale. Even though I paid for all of them with credit it still pisses me off. This literally happens almost every time I spring on something on the marketplace after giving up on a sale.

I waited it out mainly since I heard Descent was meh and Trespasser needed me to finish the game.

I actually picked it up last night for a little bit and finished a couple of Jaws of Hakkon fetch quests.  I need to go back to right before the end and get that other achievement at the temple that I somehow missed before I burn out the saves at that point. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So to revive a zombie thread here, I've been thinking about a return trip through Inquisition lately, and I decided I may as well try to pick up some gamerscore playing on Nightmare. Maker help me.

I've been thinking about Inquisition a bit lately, as well.  Not ready to pick it back up as I'm having too much fun with Dragon Quest XI.  But, have at it, my good man!  Let us know how it goes. 

It's actually not bad so far. I'm playing a warrior tank Inquisitor, with Cassandra, Solas, and Vivienne in the party. The "Golden Nug" that they added in the final patch that lets you inherit crafting schematics from an endgame character onto a brand new character is a big help.

Also, Trespasser added a skill modifier to Horn of Valor that causes the whole party to build Guard every time they attack, which is huge. With that skill active and two Barrier mages, more often than not the entire party has full Guard AND full Barrier.

Supposedly the attack on Haven is the toughest mission in Nightmare, and then it should be downhill from there after I'm able to gather Tier 3 and Fade-touched materials and craft some truly OP gear.

And done! It was way easier than I was expecting. Crafted gear is super OP.

I never used the tac cam, and relied exclusively on Charging Bull, War Cry, and Payback Strike for the entire game.

Now for shard collecting!

Congrats Ryuu!  Seems like that went fast.  That would've taken me a couple months! 

Hold on to your seats, girls and boys.  Casey Hudson put out an update on Bioware's goings ons and said there will be something Dragon Age related revealed "next month".  My bet is at the game awards next week.  here's to hoping it's an actual current and/or next gen game and not a mobile strategy game. 

Congrats Ryuu! Seems like that went fast. That would've taken me a couple months!

Hold on to your seats, girls and boys. Casey Hudson put out an update on Bioware's goings ons and said there will be something Dragon Age related revealed "next month". My bet is at the game awards next week. here's to hoping it's an actual current and/or next gen game and not a mobile strategy game.
What you don't have a smartphone?

bread's done
Back